PDA

View Full Version : Plummer losing his cool again

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 08:51 AM
This is hilarious.
ROFL

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/news_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_86_4160626,00.html

Parker: Reaction goes out of bounds

October 15, 2005
Broncos QB Jake Plummer called me on my cell phone Thursday night, and in a profanity-laced tirade, shredded me and Broncos fans like a worn-out jersey.

His beef? My Thursday column about Kollette Klassen, a second-year Broncos cheerleader whom he introduced at a party for his foundation - attended by hundreds Monday night - as "my lovely girlfriend."

He had a fit because a morning radio show picked up the column item and accused Klassen of being a "jersey chaser."

Sorry, but I never said anything derogatory about her nor did I accuse her of "jersey chasing," a term I was not familiar with.

Plummer, in his "expletives undeleted" attack, later broadened his accusations to Broncos fans.

"You think Denver has the greatest fans?" he spit at me. "Well, they aren't."

His fear: Fans would somehow single out Klassen at games and give her a hard time.

Puh-leeze.

Yes, Broncos fans (and I count myself among them) can be a rowdy bunch, especially when the Raiders come to town. But I've never witnessed, nor have I ever heard, of anyone being nasty to a cheerleader.

Colorado Avalanche winger Dan Hinote (Plummer, when I asked him, said he had never heard of him) dated Broncos cheerleader Renee Herlocker for a time. After I wrote about the couple, I didn't get any reports of harassment toward her. Or calls from Hinote.

Jake could take a lesson from former Broncos great John Elway, the most famous person in Colorado. Elway has had to live out his career and personal life in the press, and while he's had his fits of pique, he's dealt with it for the most part with grace and dignity.

Tuckdaddy
10-15-2005, 08:59 AM
I can see why Jake is upset. He likes men not women.

Bwana
10-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Classic!

nychief
10-15-2005, 09:04 AM
why in the hell did he announce who is "girlfriend" was if he did not expect every Bronc fan to know.

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 09:04 AM
They are in full denial mode over at Orange Mane.

Because it could well be a lie. What credibility does this reporter have? It's highly unprofessional to go after an athlete in the press over a personal matter, regardless of what was said or wasn't said.

Have you heard the phone call? i think not.

NaptownChief
10-15-2005, 09:12 AM

That and he is married....or at least was before that was printed. :D

Skip Towne
10-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Plummer married? I thought that assclown left that girl at the altar over pre-nup issues. :shrug:

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 09:19 AM
The point is, I could care less if he actually made the phone call and went into a profanity laced tirade. I could care less who he's going out with. I could care less if this Parker chic got her feelings hurt. Jake isn't making stuff up here. The Broncos fans haven't been great to him. Some of that goes on him, some goes on us.

Mecca
10-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Nothing like someone flying off the handle about nothing like that. That's actually pretty damn amusing if you ask me.

He must either have a wife, or some other girlfriends. That's really the only reason I could see for that kind of freak out. "Holy Shit, this writer just ruined my game".

RedDread
10-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Nothing like someone flying off the handle about nothing like that. That's actually pretty damn amusing if you ask me.

He must either have a wife, or some other girlfriends. That's really the only reason I could see for that kind of freak out. "Holy Shit, this writer just ruined my game".

Bingo.

Cochise
10-15-2005, 10:00 AM
:shake:

siberian khatru
10-15-2005, 10:13 AM
He wouldn't act like that if he had Willie Roaf at LT.

1st & Goal
10-15-2005, 10:47 AM

My favorite post I've read yet! :)

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Finally, someone with a non-homer take:

If indeed Jake did call her and go off as described then he owes HER an apology. And if he did, also it makes me wonder about the smarts of our quarterback. Go off on a gossip columnist...WHAT did he think she would do? They LIVE to get that kind of response...more fuel for the fire!

The whole issue is stupid...but Jake may be dumber than a stick if he did this. thwack

Spicy McHaggis
10-15-2005, 02:22 PM
I thought players weren't supposed to fraternize with the cheerleaders.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2005, 02:29 PM
id be aww ski ski'ng on her too lol

tk13
10-15-2005, 02:41 PM
That's great. Definite sig material.

Skip Towne
10-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Plummer is a megaidiot. He was just hidden away in Az for a long time so nobody knew it.

WestCoastReggie
10-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Plummer is a megaidiot. He was just hidden away in Az for a long time so nobody knew it.

I probably can name 3 players on AZ.

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Eh. We're leading the division and your defense still sucks. What do I care what some gossip columnist has to say about Plummer?

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:00 PM

No he's not.

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Eh. We're leading the division and your defense still sucks. What do I care what some gossip columnist has to say about Plummer?

Nice deflection.

Should be interesting to see the boos rain down when Plummer starts sucking this Sunday.

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Nice deflection.

Should be interesting to see the boos rain down when Plummer starts sucking this Sunday.

Deflection? I flat don't care. I'm trying to find it in me to care what some two bit gossip columnist thinks of Jake Plummer, but so far I've come up with nothing.

I think it's more of a statement about the kind of season that you guys are having that you desperately cling to any bad news you possibly can, no matter how dubious or uncredible the source is.

Besides, it's not like Plummer lost his playbook and we lost every game since then. We're 5-1 and leading the division.

Cochise
10-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Not to side with Taco or anything but I don't really care about this at all. I hate gossip columnists and they don't even write about me.

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Deflection? I flat don't care. I'm trying to find it in me to care what some two bit gossip columnist thinks of Jake Plummer, but so far I've come up with nothing.

I don't care what she thinks, either.

I think it's more of a statement about the kind of season that you guys are having that you desperately cling to any bad news you possibly can, no matter how dubious or uncredible the source is.

Whatever. Are you saying Jake Plummer was misquoted? We could be undefeated and we would still poke fun at this. Also, we're A GAME BEHIND YOU. Yeah, we're having a HORRIBLE season.

Besides, it's not like Plummer lost his playbook and we lost every game since then. We're 5-1 and leading the division.

Last time I checked you were 4-1.

Skip Towne
10-15-2005, 03:11 PM
If you don't care why the hell are you over here posting about it?

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't care what she thinks, either.

Well then it's settled.

Nice thread.

tk13
10-15-2005, 03:12 PM

Why would I listen to the opinion of someone who's not one of the best fans in the league?! :)

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Last time I checked you were 4-1.

My math isn't so good with a hangover...

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Well then it's settled.

Nice thread.

No, it's not settled. Your quarterback just took a crap and threw it the face of your fanbase.

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:14 PM
No, it's not settled. Your quarterback just took a crap and threw it the face of your fanbase.

How do you figure?

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 03:15 PM
How do you figure?

He said Denver Bronco fans suck ass! ROFL

This is becoming an annual event after 2003's "The Finger."

Sure-Oz
10-15-2005, 03:16 PM
basically yeah and last year he flipped em off, plummer isnt too bright, but yah you got us on the 4-1 part...

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:16 PM
He said Denver Bronco fans suck ass! ROFL

This is becoming an annual event after 2003's "The Finger."

He did? Where did he say that?

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 03:17 PM

Im paraphrasing.

How is his quote anything but a negative statement toward your fanbase?

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Im paraphrasing.

How is his quote anything but a negative statement toward your fanbase?

You're paraphrasing Plummer, or you're paraphrasing what the gossip columnist with an axe to grind has to say?

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 03:21 PM
You're paraphrasing Plummer, or you're paraphrasing what the gossip columnist with an axe to grind has to say?

I was paraphrasing Plummer. His quote is a negative statement toward your fanbase.

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:22 PM
I was paraphrasing Plummer. His quote is a negative statement toward your fanbase.

Well then. If you could just find me one credible source for this quote, then I'll be forced to consider it. Credible does not mean "columnist with an axe to grind."

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:23 PM
I am dismissing it for what it's worth. Nothing to see here.

Later.

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Well then. If you could just find me one credible source for this quote, then I'll be forced to consider it. Credible does not mean "columnist with an axe to grind."

You're insinuating that the Rocky Mountain News is guilty of libel.

Credible newspapers do not fabricate quotes.

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:25 PM
You're insinuating that the Rocky Mountain News is guilty of libel.

Credible newspapers do not fabricate quotes.

The only thing I'm insinuating is that I completely dismiss quotes from people who seem to have axes to grind. I do it in my personal and professional life in just about every instance. People with axes to grind can't be relied upon for accurate assessments of the situations that they're in.

I dismiss it for what it's worth.

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Not to side with Taco or anything but I don't really care about this at all. I hate gossip columnists and they don't even write about me.

Hell, you're not really siding with me. You're just using basic common sense...

Skip Towne
10-15-2005, 03:30 PM
I fully believe everything the author says. I don't see The Joke denying it. And it's not like he hasn't done incredibly stupid things before.

Taco John
10-15-2005, 03:33 PM
I fully believe everything the author says. I don't see The Joke denying it. And it's not like he hasn't done incredibly stupid things before.

Well you and GoChiefs make a good pair then. You two go ahead and run with this... Or hold hands and skip with it, I don't care...

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 03:34 PM
I completely dismiss quotes from people who seem to have axes to grind

Who does does Plummer have an axe to grind with? Oh yes, BRONCO FANS! ROFL

I see what you're saying now. Plummer is wrong about your fan base.

Skip Towne
10-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Well you and GoChiefs make a good pair then. You two go ahead and run with this... Or hold hands and skip with it, I don't care...
Yeah, it's obvious you don't care dumfuk. How many posts do you have on this thread? Hahahahahahaha

Skip Towne
10-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Hahahahaha Taco has posted on this thread 13 times to tell us he doesn't care. Damn, what would he do if he cared?

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 03:52 PM
What if it's true? What if Plummer's alleged quote wasn't fabricated?

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 04:00 PM
:)

unlurking
10-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Hate to say it Taco, but you're starting sound like a RWNJ defending the prez from the biased liberal media with "an axe to grind".

Stick with the point that you just don't care.

Cochise
10-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Hell, you're not really siding with me. You're just using basic common sense...

I was just trying to keep my street cred around here.

KCChiefsMan
10-15-2005, 04:20 PM
is jersey-chaser the new term for sports groupie?? I am going to make a bold statement that 90% of all of the women every pro athlete has slept with, are indeed jersey-chasers or groupies.

Area 51
10-15-2005, 04:27 PM

Hey ChiefsPlanet, Taco is back on the Plummer bandwaggon!!!!

Skip Towne
10-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey ChiefsPlanet, Taco is back on the Plummer bandwaggon!!!!
No, he isn't, HE DOESN'T CARE. He didn't care 13 times on this thread.

Area 51
10-15-2005, 04:46 PM
No, he isn't, HE DOESN'T CARE. He didn't care 13 times on this thread.

You could be right, but why not let him continue to lose his cool as his hero Jake does?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-15-2005, 04:51 PM
We're having a terrible season.

It's only been 4 games and our season is already over, so lets make fun of the Broncos!!!

alanm
10-15-2005, 05:09 PM
why in the hell did he announce who is "girlfriend" was if he did not expect every Bronc fan to know.
I thought cheerleaders were forbidden to date football players and vice versa. That's what I've always heard anyway. :hmmm:
It's kinda like Bronco incest in a way. ROFL

alanm
10-15-2005, 05:17 PM
You guys always lead the division at the beginning of the year. Then you go on bye and then they execute the patented "Rick Flair" face plant onto the canvas. ROFL

alanm
10-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Why would I listen to the opinion of someone who's not one of the best fans in the league?! :)
ROFL :LOL: ROFL

Skip Towne
10-15-2005, 05:56 PM
You could be right, but why not let him continue to lose his cool as his hero Jake does?
I think you're right. I should have let him continue his rant. As soon as I pointed out how much he protested that he didn't care, he booked.

Rain Man
10-15-2005, 06:14 PM
This marks the one-millionth consecutive newspaper article in Denver that mentions Elway.

VonneMarie
10-15-2005, 06:18 PM
I thought cheerleaders were forbidden to date football players and vice versa. That's what I've always heard anyway. :hmmm:
It's kinda like Bronco incest in a way. ROFL
It's mandated.

Calcountry
10-15-2005, 06:19 PM
No, fug YOU Plummer.:

Valiant
10-15-2005, 10:45 PM

Is that like half the posts about the Chiefs on the mange??? I could care less one way or another, but you are calling the pot, black mr. kettle... Every time I am over on that board browsing their are posts on the main page about the Chiefs.. To come here and make a response like that is childish..

If this were last year when Jake was your savior and going to lead you to the superbowl, your behavior would be different.. But now that you know he is a worthless QB, you could care less on how he impacts your team...

Valiant
10-17-2005, 02:54 PM
And another thing, this guy here is one of the biggest trolls on the mange.. Always makes fun of the Chief fans as being dumb mullet wearers...

Am I missing something??? Whats with all the trash talk from donk fans when the average populace looks like this simpleton...

StcChief
10-17-2005, 03:13 PM
What about his ASU days. They had to pay off a girl and sweep it under the rug for supposed Date Rape.

htismaqe
10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
The only thing I'm insinuating is that I completely dismiss quotes from people who seem to have axes to grind. I do it in my personal and professional life in just about every instance. People with axes to grind can't be relied upon for accurate assessments of the situations that they're in.

I dismiss it for what it's worth.

Unless of course it's Jason Whitlock, right?

Donger
10-18-2005, 09:34 AM

Bumpy.