PDA

View Full Version : Main problem on O is RBBC!

chiefsfan1963
10-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Although I think LJ has immense potential as our feature back, I do believe we need to dump RBBC and choose one back to carry the load and right now that will default to Priest based on past production and the Coaches preference for him to be their #1 back.

I think RBBC is not a good formula for us. In theory it should work, but on the field it doesn't work. It's not fair to either back to do this. Their timing never gets to level it needs to be in order to be most productive.
Also our O just looks out of sync because of it. Our O has to switch gears each time a new back comes in. The dynamic that it creates just is not strong IMO.

Pick one back and work him. Let him get into the rhythm of the game and let it carry over from one game to the next. As the season continues the feature back and our O line will get back in sync and our whole O will get back to the potent O it has been for the last 3 seasons!

Mr. Laz
10-15-2005, 11:25 AM
no way ... we've run the ball fairly well

our passing game has been inconsistent and therefore our offense has been inconsistent.

if you can't complete those 7 yrd passing on 3rd down with any regularity then your offense is gonna struggle.

they only time our offense has really worked is when we've run the ball so well that we didn't have those passing downs on 3rd and 7 etc.

Frankie
10-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Main problem on O is RBBC!
No. The main problem is the O-line. Trent is getting no time to pass, and our RBs are hitting solid defensive bodies too often. That said, I'll agree with you that this RBBC is a big problem too. You'd think the Chiefs have learned something about the Marty era. LJ may be RBOTF. But he is NOT our main RB now. This 2-1 recipe of carries is stupid. LJ needs to come in only for change of pace or giving Priest a breather. If he doesn't like it, then trade his ass. Preferably for a DT who can play.

Frankie
10-15-2005, 02:26 PM
No. The main problem is the O-line. Trent is getting no time to pass, and our RBs are hitting solid defensive bodies too often. That said, I'll agree with you that this RBBC is a big problem too. You'd think the Chiefs have learned something about the Marty era. LJ may be RBOTF. But he is NOT our main RB now. This 2-1 recipe of carries is stupid. LJ needs to come in only for change of pace or giving Priest a breather. If he doesn't like it, then trade his ass. Preferably for a DT who can play.

Also, with all the Saunders bashing that is the current CP fad, I say I have a hard time believing that he has a say in the RBBC being implemented. I think he is being forced by Peterson or DV to go along with it. As I recal he hasn't been a great LJ fan anyway.

ChiefsCountry
10-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Wow, chiefsfan1963 starts a thread about LJ and Priest. Suprise, Suprise.

chiefsfan1963
10-15-2005, 09:15 PM

good point.

chiefsfan1963
10-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Also, with all the Saunders bashing that is the current CP fad, I say I have a hard time believing that he has a say in the RBBC being implemented. I think he is being forced by Peterson or DV to go along with it. As I recal he hasn't been a great LJ fan anyway.

true true true, good point.

milkman
10-15-2005, 09:25 PM

On that point, I agree wholeheartedly.

I understand the desire to get LJ into the game, but if Priest starts out with a hot hand, as he did against Philly, it's a mistake to change it up just to stick with theplan.

By the same token, if Priest isn't faring all that well, and LJ gets inot the game and just starts blowing up, it is, again, a mistake to just stick to the plan.

I've never seen a coaching staff adhere to a plan as stubbornly as these guys do.

It just seems like scrapping the plan in favor of the guy that is getting it done would fall into the category of "in game adjustments".

Fruit Ninja
10-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Nope, not the RBBC, its very poor playcalling and the inabiltity to give Trent Green time to throw.

Cochise
10-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Yes the main problem on O is our deepest position.

redhed
10-15-2005, 09:29 PM
:D

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=124031

Chiefs Pantalones
10-15-2005, 09:30 PM
I bet there are old men at nursing homes who are more sane than Dick Vermeil.

chiefsfan1963
12-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Although I think LJ has immense potential as our feature back, I do believe we need to dump RBBC and choose one back to carry the load and right now that will default to Priest based on past production and the Coaches preference for him to be their #1 back.

I think RBBC is not a good formula for us. In theory it should work, but on the field it doesn't work. It's not fair to either back to do this. Their timing never gets to level it needs to be in order to be most productive.
Also our O just looks out of sync because of it. Our O has to switch gears each time a new back comes in. The dynamic that it creates just is not strong IMO.

Pick one back and work him. Let him get into the rhythm of the game and let it carry over from one game to the next. As the season continues the feature back and our O line will get back in sync and our whole O will get back to the potent O it has been for the last 3 seasons!

Man I am smart! ROFL

Calcountry
12-24-2005, 04:19 PM
true true true, good point.Wooo wooo woop. Nyuc Nyuck Nyuck.

See ya Curly.

Calcountry
12-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Man I am smart! ROFLOh! Wise guy eh?

Calcountry
12-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Man I am smart! ROFLMo voice on/ SIT DOWN! Bop , 2 finger poke, SLAP, stomach bop.

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Wooo wooo woop. Nyuc Nyuck Nyuck.

See ya Curly.

Stooges

htismaqe
12-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah, you'd be a genious if it wasn't for that wanting Priest to start thing.

Seriously, you're a fuggin moron.

chiefsfan1963
12-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Yeah, you'd be a genious if it wasn't for that wanting Priest to start thing.

Seriously, you're a fuggin moron.

you're the moron! I totally wanted LJ and no rbbc, my point was to pick a back and not rbbc. My first vote was LJ and no rbbc, but would take Priest and no rbbc!!!!!!!!!!!. :cuss:

htismaqe
12-24-2005, 04:45 PM
So you're telling us not to listen to your original post, that you wanted LJ all along?

That's absolutely brilliant.

Count Alex's Losses
12-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Main problem on Chiefsplanet is chiefsfan1963!

Calcountry
12-24-2005, 05:17 PM
StoogesYeah, but it takes too much time to look up the "third world" smileys.