PDA

View Full Version : The new board header just might shake things up around here...

jAZ
10-15-2005, 01:52 PM
So I'd like to propose a followup change to the Lounge.

Now that we have the quick-links to each of the forums at the top of the page under the "Forums" buttons... I'd like to propose that we rearrange the sub-forums a bit.

At this point, the main benefit of the sub-forum is not so much easy-access (since all the forums are very easliy accessible now with the new heard), but an ability to see what's currently being posted in the other forums (the "last-post" column of the subforums).

From where I sit, it seems that the only forums that are "content" driven (where the "last post" preview seems to change regularly) are the DC and GeeksPlanet.

The "Pictures" and "Games" subforums "last-post" description doesn't seem to change all the much compared to the GeeksPlanet and DC forums.

I'd like to see DC and Geeks planet as the subforums and Pictures moved back to being regular forums.

Dartgod
10-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Please, no. It's been nice not seeing all that garbage at the top of the page.

Gaz
10-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Get rid of all sub-forums. Move them to Arrowhead and let anyone intersted in them make a couple of extra clicks.

xoxo~
Gaz
Prefers a minimalist approach.

Area 51
10-15-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm actually up for making a football only forum. It will cause the mods to have to move threads more frequently, but you have the political pundits that have to argue about nothing on the DC, and everything else in the the Lounge.

I'd suggest Chiefs Lounge for football only and Discussions Lounge for anything not related to football.

The new header looks great, with the dropdown menu's you can get to where you want to go with a click.

With the bye week out of the way we should have virtually all football only discussions. I know better, but that would be the desired forum for most of us.

Bwana
10-15-2005, 02:38 PM
NO

mikey23545
10-15-2005, 03:41 PM
FOCK no.

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Yep. Trash the subforum links. The drop down menu is just as easily accessed and this way there is less clutter.

65 to Bust
10-15-2005, 03:54 PM
I voted no but I'd prefer D.C. as a subforum of the Romper Room.

listopencil
10-15-2005, 06:19 PM
So I'd like to propose a followup change to the Lounge.

Nah, it's good the way it is.