PDA

View Full Version : Safety Jerome Wesley hurts this team

chief99
10-16-2005, 02:36 PM
I don't know why people talk this guy up.

Gets burned for a TD.

Gets burned by Santana Moss on long catch and run by taking a WRONG angle.

He's got to be the weak link of the D.

Where is the pressure by Derrick Johnson ? Thought he could pass rush ?

JBucc
10-16-2005, 03:21 PM
so, who are you talking about, Jerome Woods or Greg Wesley, or both?

Mecca
10-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Is this thread title meant to be a clever play on words?

Extra Point
10-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Weaks-ley is not a safety. He is head hunter on special teams, worthless without decent contain. I don't know if it's Gun or him, but he is always late for or out of the play.

"Gregory, you're the weakest link. Good-bye!"

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Been saying ot for 3 or 4 years now. Sure Wesley makes a few decent highlights, but he costs this team a heck of alot more than he helps it. He needs to take a seat. I have no idea why Carl invested so many $$$$ in Woods and Wesley a few years ago??

RedThat
10-16-2005, 03:38 PM
I don't know why people talk this guy up.

Gets burned for a TD.

Gets burned by Santana Moss on long catch and run by taking a WRONG angle.

He's got to be the weak link of the D.

Where is the pressure by Derrick Johnson ? Thought he could pass rush ?

That 78 yard TD catch by Santana Moss was Greg Wesleys fault. He didnt cut off the angle well on that screen, totally blown assignment by Wesley.

Otter
10-16-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm just glad Greg Woods is there to back him up.

JBucc
10-16-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm just glad Greg Woods is there to back him up.or Sammy Harts

chief52
10-16-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm just glad Greg Woods is there to back him up.
:thumb:

beer bacon
10-16-2005, 03:50 PM
For anyone that is confused, Gunther actually spliced the genes of Woods and Wesley to make a super safety with 10x the ability to wiff tackles and take bad angles. It really is a thing of beauty, this Jerome Wesley Gunther has created.

chief99
10-16-2005, 05:03 PM
LOL

HolmeZz
10-16-2005, 05:05 PM
He did pick off a pass that got called back because of McCleon. :shrug:

But then again everything seems to be Dex's fault.

madshaw16
10-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Greg Woods is my favorite player!!!

QuikSsurfer
10-16-2005, 05:09 PM
For anyone that is confused, Gunther actually spliced the genes of Woods and Wesley to make a super safety with 10x the ability to wiff tackles and take bad angles. It really is a thing of beauty, this Jerome Wesley Gunther has created.

lol very nice

DenverChief
10-16-2005, 05:09 PM
we should cut him like we did Johnny Johnson

DaKCMan AP
10-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Put Scanlon at safety. When he's not busy being all-world LB, curing cancer, and single-handedly solving world hunger, I hear he can play pretty good safety.

beer bacon
10-16-2005, 05:15 PM
Put Scanlon at safety. When he's not busy being all-world LB, curing cancer, and single-handedly solving world hunger, I hear he can play pretty good safety.

But will it cut down on his blocks in the back time?

mcan
10-16-2005, 05:20 PM
If anybody cares to do it, I've been posting about how Woods needs to be playing free safety since we signed Knight. Wesley is coming around now, and isn't out of position quite as much as he used to be though. I just wish that he could sniff out a play, and I doubly wish that he was a better "center fielder" which is something that Woods has been fairly good at for a number of years now.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 05:24 PM
If anybody cares to do it, I've been posting about how Woods needs to be playing free safety since we signed Knight. Wesley is coming around now, and isn't out of position quite as much as he used to be though. I just wish that he could sniff out a play, and I doubly wish that he was a better "center fielder" which is something that Woods has been fairly good at for a number of years now.

Wesley totally blew that 78 yard Moss TD run. I dont think Woods would be a world beater if he started over Wesley, but at this point, id be willing to give him a shot again just to shake things up.

jettio
10-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Wesley will get a lot of Pro-Bowl votes this year.

He is smashing into people. The players and coaches that watch game film see that he is playing well. If he gets 4-5 INTs and with Rodney Harrison hurt, Wesley has a good chance to be in Honululu.

TRR
10-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Wesley will get a lot of Pro-Bowl votes this year.

He is smashing into people. The players and coaches that watch game film see that he is playing well. If he gets 4-5 INTs and with Rodney Harrison hurt, Wesley has a good chance to be in Honululu.

That's about all Wesley is doing. Between McCleon and Wesley, that side of the field is H U R T I N G. Wesley may be finding a seat on the pine quicker than a vote to Hawaii.

alanm
10-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Wesley totally blew that 78 yard Moss TD run. I dont think Woods would be a world beater if he started over Wesley, but at this point, id be willing to give him a shot again just to shake things up.
It's nice that everyone forgets that Gunther had a blitz going on heavy on the right side and Washington had the perfect call at the right time. Wesley wasn't the ONLY one burned on that play. :shake:

TRR
10-16-2005, 10:17 PM
It's nice that everyone forgets that Gunther had a blitz going on heavy on the right side and Washington had the perfect call at the right time. Wesley wasn't the ONLY one burned on that play. :shake:

Perfect call? We had Allen and Bell over there occupying blockers. Wesley had Moss one on one. Not only did he completely miss the tackle, he let him outside where nobody was. Wesley had to at least turn Moss inside on that play. He had to...and he didn't. It was a good play call, but KC defensed it pretty well until Wesley completely blew his assignment.

Count Alex's Losses
10-16-2005, 10:23 PM
I didn't see a blitz on that play. We rushed 4. Their blockers just came out and executed, and Wesley was left unblocked. He fugged up.

jettio
10-16-2005, 10:24 PM
That's about all Wesley is doing. Between McCleon and Wesley, that side of the field is H U R T I N G. Wesley may be finding a seat on the pine quicker than a vote to Hawaii.

If you can replay the game, Check the hit that Wesley laid on Cartwright a play or two before the fumble, Wesley laid some big wood on him, and on the fumble play right after Cartwright was so worried about Wesley him that he ran away from him and into the wash where he got popped by Woods and Allen.

Anybody that has ever played defensive secondary can appreciate that Wesley is back to playing well this year after a subpar season for him last year.

I played SS in high school, Wesley is smashing into RBs TEs and is not just trying to catch a little defenseless WR. He is covering a lot of ground and busting people up and playing the position very well. If he avoids recurrence of any shoulder injuries he will get a lot of Pro Bowl votes.