PDA

View Full Version : How Many Words Into Vermeil's Press Conference Before He Praises Dexter's Play Today?

RINGLEADER
10-16-2005, 03:32 PM
I say 71...

Mecca
10-16-2005, 03:34 PM
He'll express concern about his injury first because good lord should we have to play Warfield........

|Zach|
10-16-2005, 03:35 PM
The first thing he said about Dexter was that he had a slight groin strain goin into the game.

Thig Lyfe
10-16-2005, 03:35 PM
What's the over/under?

Mecca
10-16-2005, 03:37 PM
The first thing he said about Dexter was that he had a slight groin strain goin into the game.

Wait, so a slightly injured McCleon started this game and we didn't have Warfield active? Now that makes that decision look even more dumb. Man I question if Vermiel even knows what he's doing anymore.

|Zach|
10-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Wait, so a slightly injured McCleon started this game and we didn't have Warfield active? Now that makes that decision look even more dumb. Man I question if Vermiel even knows what he's doing anymore.
You also passed all of our turn overs off as luck, excuse me if I side with Dick on this one.

Mecca
10-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey the turnovers are why we won the game. But if I was a Redskin fan I'd feel like we shot ourselves in the foot and gave the game away. That was the simple point I was making by saying that.

|Zach|
10-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey the turnovers are why we won the game. But if I was a Redskin fan I'd feel like we shot ourselves in the foot and gave the game away. That was the simple point I was making by saying that.
And you also used the word luck. I am not disputing the turnovers effect on the game. I just found it funny how you framed it.

htismaqe
10-16-2005, 03:52 PM

Vermeil wanted to activate Warfield for special teams. Gunther said no.

RINGLEADER
10-16-2005, 03:53 PM
And you also used the word luck. I am not disputing the turnovers effect on the game. I just found it funny how you framed it.

It's not luck, but obviously DJ with 10 tackles, Allen with 3 sacks and 3 forced fumbles (that we recover), etc., etc., isn't something we'll be able to count on each week and without those kinds of plays we more than likely lose.

Whether Warfield would have done better or not we'll never know, but Dexter is a liability that is going to continually be picked apart by QBs whenever he steps on the field. It's not like that's some kind of major revelation or anything...

Valiant
10-16-2005, 04:14 PM
It's not luck, but obviously DJ with 10 tackles, Allen with 3 sacks and 3 forced fumbles (that we recover), etc., etc., isn't something we'll be able to count on each week and without those kinds of plays we more than likely lose.

Whether Warfield would have done better or not we'll never know, but Dexter is a liability that is going to continually be picked apart by QBs whenever he steps on the field. It's not like that's some kind of major revelation or anything...

We cannot rely on turnovers every game to win or have a chance.. If this defense wants to win a game in a playoff we need to be able to shut a Offense down without forcing a turnover... Washington was moving the ball at will with passing, we did great knocking out the run, but we need to be balanced on both sides...

I am hoping when Warfield comes back we go more man to man instead of these soft zones that can pick up easy first downs...