PDA

View Full Version : My only complaint today....

Count Zarth
10-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Why did we pass the ball on our last offensive play before the kneel?

We run the ball there and Washington has 1:20 to score and no timeouts.

Other than that I was pretty satisfied. I felt we could have gotten more LJ into the gameplan and done some more power running. The sweeps and tosses were NOT working.

Defensively I thought we played pretty good apart from Moss' 78 yard play that was pretty much Wesley's fault.

The offense kinda hung the D out to dry.

And we did a very good job against Portis. Pass rush looked much, much better!

Also, we FINALLY threw a fade pass to Boerigter in the end zone. WHAT AN IDEA! Please please PLEASE don't shelve that.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 03:02 PM
I thought for the most part, LJ looked good running the ball. It was also very refreshing to see the return of the dump off/screen pass to Priest.

4th and Long
10-16-2005, 03:05 PM
My post game complaint so far concerns a certain poster on this board who hasn't started a game pic thread. *ahem* :D

Count Zarth
10-16-2005, 03:20 PM
My post game complaint so far concerns a certain poster on this board who hasn't started a game pic thread. *ahem* :D

Patience.

Dunit35
10-16-2005, 03:21 PM
A few complaints for me.

1. Bell
2. Although pass rush was better, Brunell still had 330 passing
3. McCleon

I thought Washington did a better job then McCleon, but McCleon has done a lot worse before. Surtain sure was ripping Sapps' a** on like the 2nd to last play of the game, in zone coverage or something.?

Sure-Oz
10-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Our pass D is horrible, hope warfield helps, of course the D line gets no rush except allen.

Count Zarth
10-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Our pass D is horrible, hope warfield helps, of course the D line gets no rush except allen.

I thought the stats were a bit inflated today. They had 110 on yards on two plays by Santana Moss. Unfortunately I don't know if either can be corrected, Wesley took the wrong angle on a tackle on Moss' 78 yard TD and McCleon just got beat to the inside on the 33 yard reception.

I am just glad we held Portis in check.

Extra Point
10-16-2005, 03:59 PM
We need to get to the point where the staff wants to play Warfield, instead of having to play him. the FS blitz with Wesley worked, but he lacked in coverage and space off LOS otherwise.

Gun will have to pull a few more hairs out, his or his secondary, to come up with better coverage. The holes in the zone were evident.

Like practically everybody else has indicated, the Chiefs need to lose the soft zone. Putting a man coverage in the slot would help, IMHO. It's still 4-3/3-4 doable, provided we maintain contain.