PDA

View Full Version : Give Larry the ball damn it!!!!!!!!!!

crazychiefsfan
10-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Comments

QuikSsurfer
10-16-2005, 04:44 PM
eh?

Extra Point
10-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Give the fans a balanced offense and tight-coverage defense, damn it!

Otter
miss the Eagles game did we?

Mecca
The Chiefs refuse to go with the "hot hand" idea for the RB. It would be so much smarter but I guess our coaches don't realize that. In todays game Larry was running better than Priest was.

crazychiefsfan
10-16-2005, 04:47 PM
miss the Eagles game did we?

So did Roaf

jynni
10-16-2005, 04:48 PM
In todays game Larry was running better than Priest was.
Perhaps we have found the answer to the RBBC solution. Let Larry run and Priest catch.

Count Alex's Losses
10-16-2005, 04:48 PM
The Chiefs need to incorporate more power running into their gameplan when things go awry on the perimeter like they did today.

cdcox
10-16-2005, 04:49 PM
The Chiefs refuse to go with the "hot hand" idea for the RB. It would be so much smarter but I guess our coaches don't realize that. In todays game Larry was running better than Priest was.

Johnson did look better running today. But Priest had two great runs in the redzone today and made two great plays on pass receptions. I'm not sure I'm ready to give those up, seeing as how we got the W.

Mecca
10-16-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm just saying we'd be better off if they'd go to the hot hand theory of using the backs. Week 1 against the Jets Larry had the hot hand, against the Eagles it was Priest, today it was Larry. What's so hard about using the player who's running better?

Even if they are using Larry as the hot hand back Priest should get some time in the game in passing downs. He's shown numerous times he's the better reciever of the 2.

chief52
10-16-2005, 05:11 PM
While it can be argued how they are both used, the bottom line is both of them are getting carries. If the Chiefs can get to the playoffs it will be huge having two relatively fresh RBs compared to giving Priest all the carries. It is going to pay off in the long run.

wazu
10-16-2005, 05:13 PM
While it can be argued how they are both used, the bottom line is both of them are getting carries. If the Chiefs can get to the playoffs it will be huge having two relatively fresh RBs compared to giving Priest all the carries. It is going to pay off in the long run.

Unless one of them steps up, there won't be a long run.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 05:21 PM

Exactly, I think they are doing ok with the current technique. A well rested Priest in December and January is a good thing.

madshaw16
10-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Priest needs it in the red zone and on third and short, Larry can have it the other times.

4th and Long
10-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Some of you still don't get it. What a shame. Here we sit with, arguably, the best tandem of running backs in the league and some of you STILL have the audacity to bitch about it. Pathetic.

KCChiefsFan88
10-16-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm just saying we'd be better off if they'd go to the hot hand theory of using the backs. Week 1 against the Jets Larry had the hot hand, against the Eagles it was Priest, today it was Larry. What's so hard about using the player who's running better?

Even if they are using Larry as the hot hand back Priest should get some time in the game in passing downs. He's shown numerous times he's the better reciever of the 2.

Ah but that would be too logical.

Dick and Al are attempting to create this complex rotation system that totally ignores the current situation in the game.

IMO so far it is working about as well as Dick and Al's Kris Wilson experiement.

Sure-Oz
10-16-2005, 06:03 PM
ill take balanced offensive attack for $500 alex....

Seriously bitching about the 2 rbs is the least of our probs. The offense runs like 3 plays, we need to figure this shit out and get this defense more aggressive.

alot of uncertainty of what kind of team we got at 3-2.

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 06:11 PM
I don't think Larry is ready. He should sit another year or two.

cdcox
10-16-2005, 06:15 PM
IMO so far it is working about as well as Dick and Al's Kris Wilson experiement.

When is that going to start, anyway?

penchief
10-16-2005, 06:59 PM

It's going to be tough to judge how good LJ can be until he's allowed to get enough carries to get hot. I'll agree that even without the opportunity to get into a rhythm he has still looked like the better runner.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 07:02 PM

Week 7 in Miami. DV and Saunders will unleash the beast!

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 07:05 PM
It's going to be tough to judge how good LJ can be until he's allowed to get enough carries to get hot. I'll agree that even without the opportunity to get into a rhythm he has still looked like the better runner.
Lenny said LJ is averaging 6 yds per carry to Priests 4.2.

B_Ambuehl
10-16-2005, 08:17 PM
All I'll say is if LJ or any other young back had taken the ball and ran backwards for a 10 yard loss once and then did it again in the same game for a 5 yard loss then I doubt many fans would be happy with that back starting and I doubt if the coaches would be happy with it either. That's stupid high school stuff right there

kcjayhawks5
10-16-2005, 08:41 PM
give it to larry at least 15 to 20 times a game. this guy is in his prime and is dangerous. this would be a hell of a wasted draft pick if we dont use him for the next few years just to be loyal to priest holmes.

chief52
10-16-2005, 08:43 PM
give it to larry at least 15 to 20 times a game. this guy is in his prime and is dangerous. this would be a hell of a wasted draft pick if we dont use him for the next few years just to be loyal to priest holmes.

Most teams are extremely loyal to outstanding football players. They are kinda funny that way. Something about winning football games...

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Most teams are extremely loyal to outstanding football players. They are kinda funny that way. Something about winning football games...
The problem with that is if you keep doing it you will start losing games. Every time. Priest is 32. How much longer will he last?

Count Alex's Losses
10-16-2005, 08:53 PM
I was just glad to see Larry in there late in the game. That tells me Dick isn't too scared to put a young running back who has fumbled recently in there with the game on the line. It would be real easy to go with the "proven veteran" in that situation.

crazychiefsfan
10-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Some of you still don't get it. What a shame. Here we sit with, arguably, the best tandem of running backs in the league and some of you STILL have the audacity to bitch about it. Pathetic.

The coaches don't get it either. PUT JOHNSON IN!!!!!!!!!!

crazychiefsfan
10-16-2005, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=Skip Towne]I don't think Larry is ready. He should sit another year or two.[/QU

chief52
10-16-2005, 09:37 PM
The problem with that is if you keep doing it you will start losing games. Every time. Priest is 32. How much longer will he last?

They are sharing the load now, Skip. I think they are being extremely smart in the way they are using the RBs. Priest Holmes is not your normal back...he is one of the best. Use him like they are and it will benefit the Chiefs greatly.

ck_IN
10-16-2005, 09:44 PM
As much as I love Priest and as little as I care for 'King Pink' I think it's time for #31 and #27 to switch roles.

LJ seems to bring more burst while Holmes is a better receiver and short yardage guy. Start LJ and make Holmes the 3rd down back.

Boyceofsummer
10-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Put the best players on the field. Why not PH and LJ together? You could still have your FB on the field. As much as the Chiefs use motion I feel you could figure a set to feature your best players. This offense is stagnant at times. Today they were at their best when the communications system went out. What does this tell you?

StcChief
10-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Switching them to let 31 rest. Worked a bit.

Priest is still the man. It did keep their D off balance.