PDA

View Full Version : Didn't KC win today?

T-post Tom
10-16-2005, 04:47 PM
You'd never know it by listening to 810. They have truly established themselves as the premeire anti-Chiefs media outlet in KC. Of course, that's not a huge surprise when you've got Jack Harry and Danny Clinksdale together. Some of their takes:

1. Jared Allen needs to step up and show that he can perform on the road and not just in front of a home crowd.

2. Priest was shut down and seems to have lost his ability to break the big play.

3. Trent Green played ugly.

4. Tony G. can no longer get open when one-on-one with a LB.

5. Sammy Knight is slow.

WOW! I guess we should all just pack it in and wait for the new Arena team to get here. :cuss:

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Was that you who called in to complain??

wazu
10-16-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm glad we won, but this looks like an 8-8 team at best.

Thig Lyfe
10-16-2005, 04:53 PM
1. Jared Allen had three sacks, two FF and two FR. Give him a break.

2. Lost the ability to break the big play? So a 60-yd TD rec. isn't a big play?

3. So what if it's ugly. Trent did what he needed to do to win.

4. Tony G. is still underused.

5. Sammy Knight is just slow enough to take a fumble 80 yards for a TD.

What a bunch of doodyheads.

Mecca
10-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Jack Harry hates Sammy Knight with a passion for some reason. Knight played a hell of a game and all they can do is rip on him. What a bunch of morons.

wazu
10-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Jack Harry hates Sammy Knight with a passion for some reason. Knight played a hell of a game and all they can do is rip on him. What a bunch of morons.

Honestly, Sammy Knight made the game-ending play that the Chiefs defense has lacked for years.

Cochise
10-16-2005, 04:55 PM
2. Priest was shut down and seems to have lost his ability to break the big play.

Uhhh... except that 60 yard touchdown catch. :stupid:

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm glad we won, but this looks like an 8-8 team at best.

Agreed...we will win no more than 9-10 games. If we creep into the playoffs, no way we go very far. Same Old same Old....I think this is why most of the fans dont seem very excited about the win today. We have all become jaded and know exactly whats going to happen at the end of the road. We've all seen this movie before.

htismaqe
Jack Harry can suck a dick.

Sammy Knight is 10 times the player that Jerome Woods is...

Mecca
Jack Harry just hates everything Chiefs. The you add in Clinkscale who if you won 45-7 would bitch about how you allowed a TD. Nothing is better than the 810 anti-Chiefs bias that spews every single day.

htismaqe
Agreed...we will win no more than 9-10 games. If we creep into the playoffs, no way we go very far. Same Old same Old....I think this is why most of the fans dont seem very excited about the win today. We have all become jaded and know exactly whats going to happen at the end of the road. We've all seen this movie before.

Yep.

Thig Lyfe
10-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Honestly, Sammy Knight made the game-ending play that the Chiefs defense has lacked for years.

His second game-ender of the season, no less.

Count Alex's Losses
10-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Jack Harry can suck a dick.

Sammy Knight is 10 times the player that Jerome Woods is...

And he can lay a lick, too.

T-post Tom
10-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Was that you who called in to complain??

No. I'd just get cut off or talked over.

BTW, I wouldn't give up on the Chiefs. I'm a little skeptical, but I think that the Chiefs are quite likely to improve over the course of the season. There's still the potential to peak at the right time and make a run in the playoffs. Come on guys, we're only 6 weeks and 5 games into the season.

Extra Point
10-16-2005, 05:02 PM

Yeah, since Warfield.... :harumph:

Count Alex's Losses
10-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Chiefs held Portis to 77 yards.

We're improving every week.

Last year, with the offense laying an egg like we did today, we would have been blown out most likely.

Hopefully the offense is just rusty.

cdcox
10-16-2005, 05:27 PM
They made a couple of good points:

2. Priest was shut down and seems to have lost his ability to break the big play. -- Priest still has the big play ability, but on average his runs are not as effective this year. I'm guessing it has more to do with the OL than anything.

3. Trent Green played ugly. -- I wouldn't say he's exactly on fire yet this year. I think he misses having a legitimate #2 (yeah we miss Morton, but he wasn't worth the $) and again the OL.

4. Tony G. can no longer get open when one-on-one with a LB. He didn't today. LB was pretty much on him. San Francisco's LB shut him down a few years ago. We'll see how he responds.

5. Sammy Knight is slow. - We knew that when he came here. He relys on being in position to make plays, not speed. More often than not, he's there. But yeah, he's not going to catch too many RB or WR from behind.

beer bacon
10-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Trent finished with a QB rating of 95. His scrambles for first downs were pretty clutch as well.

jidar
10-16-2005, 05:31 PM
God damn. I wish the ****ing anti-fans would at least sit down and shut up when we have a win, but win or lose we have to listen to this shit on the radio and on these boards.

4th and Long
10-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Trent finished with a QB rating of 95. His scrambles for first downs were pretty clutch as well.
Lets not forget that hefty block he threw that turned a 20 yard loss into a 10 yard loss. ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
10-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Trent Green's scrambling was a little shocking today. He looked faster for some reason.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-16-2005, 05:37 PM
after the Sprint Center, how can they expect to pass the renovations at Arrowhead with this sucky team. A downtown baseball stadium is in the bag!

~810 your home of the Royals

4th and Long
10-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Trent Green's scrambling was a little shocking today. He looked faster for some reason.
I actually had that same thought. And kudos to you for not using the "stent" Green schtick and making some joke about having a new leg.

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I'll bet he's juicin'.

Tuckdaddy
10-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Yes we won but is was hardly impressive. We sruggled to move the ball the entire game. Running game was terrible and the passing was just as bad. The defense did step up and that's why we won.

Tuckdaddy
10-16-2005, 05:52 PM
You'd never know it by listening to 810. They have truly established themselves as the premeire anti-Chiefs media outlet in KC. Of course, that's not a huge surprise when you've got Jack Harry and Danny Clinksdale together. Some of their takes:

1. Jared Allen needs to step up and show that he can perform on the road and not just in front of a home crowd.

3. Trent Green played ugly.

4. Tony G. can no longer get open when one-on-one with a LB.

5. Sammy Knight is slow.

WOW! I guess we should all just pack it in and wait for the new Arena team to get here. :cuss:

In the games we've played so far all of this is true.

Spicy McHaggis
10-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Yeah Harry can shut up about now. His whole schtick is:

1. Talk about how the Chiefs suck and the Royals need to move down-town. Says "out of control" at least 17 times in first 5 minutes.

2. Make outrageous claim, "God came to me in a dream and said he would let loose hordes of dragons and unicorns to destroy the world if we don't build a new stadium for the Royals." Will later claim Carl Peterson is Anti-Semitic and eats babies.

3. Have crappy guest on show and try to put words into their mouth.

4. Rinse and Repeat.