PDA

View Full Version : Individual Effort of the Game

Rain Man
10-16-2005, 05:41 PM
What was the best individual effort on a play? (Chiefs only.)

Poll coming.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Kris Wilson, that great block he threw in the 1st quarter.

KCJake
10-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Trent Green avoiding the rush

Rain Man
10-16-2005, 05:47 PM
I have to vote for Dante Hall's lead blocking on Priest's screen, if for no other reason than it made me laugh when he knocked two players out of the way.

4th and Long
10-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Anything that had Jared Allenís name on it today. Dude was an animal. Pulled our bacon out of the fire on numerous occasions.

Count Zarth
10-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Anything that had Jared Allenís name on it today. Dude was an animal. Pulled our bacon out of the fire on numerous occasions.

Yep. Close second was Sammy Knight.

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Scanlon keeping alive his string of ST penalty games.

cdcox
10-16-2005, 05:54 PM
I thought Allen's first strip was very heads up. He was in the process of being blocked out of the play, until he noticed Brunell wasn't thinking about ball security. Not many players make that play.

Zebedee DuBois
10-16-2005, 06:40 PM
After eliminating the spectacular plays that occured when I was out of the room (Darn I hate that....durn tiny bladder) from consideration, it made it only slightly less difficult to pick Allens first sack.

ROYC75
10-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Scanlon keeping alive his string of ST penalty games.

Hogwash, you know that was broke last week. :rolleyes: He started a new one this week along with 4 tackles.

BTW, where were you today, you didn't make it for the weekend events as you claim that you will " someday '. :hmmm:

He had a good game..... the penalty didn't cost much.

the Talking Can
10-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Allens first strip and recovery, when they were in the red zone, was the play of the game...probably would have been a blowout if they score there...

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Hogwash, you know that was broke last week. :rolleyes: He started a new one this week along with 4 tackles.

BTW, where were you today, you didn't make it for the weekend events as you claim that you will " someday '. :hmmm:

He had a good game..... the penalty didn't cost much.
Oh, that's right, the bye week broke the string. Well, at least he started another one.

Count Zarth
10-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Allens first strip and recovery, when they were in the red zone, was the play of the game...probably would have been a blowout if they score there...

I was getting pissed with the way the Skins were going right down the field. Then Allen slapped the ball out. HUGE momentum shift.

KCWolfman
10-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Section 310.

We had to shout 4 times louder than anyone else to be effective.

Other than that, Allen had an okay day.

Redcoats58
10-16-2005, 07:13 PM
I was getting pissed with the way the Skins were going right down the field. Then Allen slapped the ball out. HUGE momentum shift.
I was getting pissed also and noticed most of it was because of McCleon(Big Shock). It was sad to see D. Washington playing better the McSheon.

Extra Point
10-16-2005, 07:25 PM
I was getting pissed also and noticed most of it was because of McCleon(Big Shock). It was sad to see D. Washington playing better the McSheon.

I was going to ask, "What's so sad about it?," but you're right.

But, what's so sad about it? McCling-On needed to come out. He just got some "help" at an opportune time.

I think Allen's and Knight's performances were inspiring for the D, as was lead block from Hall (my pick) for Priest was that for the O.

tk13
10-17-2005, 01:38 AM
I went with Priest's run. That was an incredible play, absolutely incredible. And it just goes to show how spoiled we are that I think a lot of Chiefs fans didn't consider that play all that great and picked a couple sacks as better plays.

trndobrd
10-17-2005, 01:56 AM
Knight's hits on Cooley and Patten will certainly give opposing receivers something to think about besides padding their receiving stats.

It was nice to see Parker catching the ball, and Bo getting into the flow.

The lack of "burst" from Priest Holmes didn't seem to interfere with his ability to outrun most of the secondary.

Jared Allen was clearly the difference in the game.

The best individual effort was Trent Green's scamper (not really a run) for a first down, then headfirst dive.

Frosty
10-17-2005, 06:45 AM
I went with Priest's run. That was an incredible play, absolutely incredible.

Absolutely, especially when you consider the way he kept his feet inbounds at the end, while leaning outside.

SCChief
10-17-2005, 06:49 AM
I went with Priest's run. That was an incredible play, absolutely incredible. And it just goes to show how spoiled we are that I think a lot of Chiefs fans didn't consider that play all that great and picked a couple sacks as better plays.

Well... in some sense you are right. We are used to seeing Priest make great plays year in and year out.

But I picked a sack and fumble because that has been missing from our Defense for so long. It has been a long time since we had a defensive player absolutely dominate the other team.

StcChief
10-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Allen domainted on D. This may really turn or D confidence around....

Priest still is amazing to watch him cut/fake the D out of their jocks.