PDA

View Full Version : OK Fox didn't show the game here. I have questions.

Frankie
10-16-2005, 06:06 PM
1- Was Roaf a factor? All I seem to gather from other threads is that the 'O' sputtered.

2- How was our RT play? Did Sampson play? If not, how did Black play?

3- Did LJ contribute? If not was he pouting on the sideline?

4- Did Siavii play? How did he do?

5- I know the Skins didf outstat us. Was it really onesided?

Mecca
10-16-2005, 06:08 PM
The offense looked ugly, Larry looked better than Priest running the ball. If it wasn't for the 3 turnovers we would have had serious issues winning this game that's for sure.

Rain Man
10-16-2005, 06:09 PM
1. Roaf played well. He did a good job of protecting Trent on the long screen pass. However, he wasn't necessarily dominating, and the Chiefs had some trouble running to the left (other than Larry Johnson's few attempts).

2. Black played pretty well. Sampson was out. Black didn't dominate, and probably lost more battles than he won, but he didn't get schooled overall.

3. LJ ran strong. He punished some tacklers.

4. Siavii was on the field relatively frequently, but it would be a stretch to say that he played.

5. I think they outplayed us for the most part, but we won. Yay!

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Roaf looked good in his return. Trent had more time to throw the ball, but we still looked out of rhythm. IM not sure why? They shut Priest running down cold, but the dump off pass/Screen to Priest was working big time.

I never heard Siavii named called one...I dont remember him playing, although i saw him on the sidelines once.

The pass D is still crap.

Jared Allen was a man among men today.

Frankie
10-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Parker. How did he do?

Mecca
10-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Parker caught of couple of passes then he got hurt and left the game. Atleast he didn't drop anything.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Parker. How did he do?

Better, he had a couple of nice grabs, but got injured and had to sit. Bo came in to replace him and looked good too.

the Talking Can
10-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Is anyone else secretly thinking Shields is done?

We got nothing to the right, and several times pressure came up the middle/right.

I'm not sure Welbourne wouldn't be better for our running game. I hope Shields is still "playing his way into shape."

Mecca
10-16-2005, 06:24 PM
After the last few games, yea I've been thinking that about Shields. It's like he retired but stayed on the team so far.

cdcox
10-16-2005, 06:27 PM

We got nothing to the right, and several times pressure came up the middle/right.

I'm not sure Welbourne wouldn't be better for our running game. I hope Shields is still "playing his way into shape."

I haven't watched him closely, but everytime I notice him it is because he his getting beat on pass blocking. Also, we really haven't been able to run on that side of the line at all this year. Still I'm glad he was here this year. I'd hate to have seen the OL with Tait, Welborn, Sampson and Shiedls all out.

thepascalblaze
10-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Roaf was a factor, if only psychologically, which plays out in reality, Shields is not done...yet. He wants and deserves a ring. This year, however, he probably won't get the consolation tirp to Hawaii...

ROYC75
10-16-2005, 06:28 PM
1. Roaf played well. He did a good job of protecting Trent on the long screen pass. However, he wasn't necessarily dominating, and the Chiefs had some trouble running to the left (other than Larry Johnson's few attempts).

2. Black played pretty well. Sampson was out. Black didn't dominate, and probably lost more battles than he won, but he didn't get schooled overall.

3. LJ ran strong. He punished some tacklers.

4. Siavii was on the field relatively frequently, but it would be a stretch to say that he played.

5. I think they outplayed us for the most part, but we won. Yay!

Pretty much what I saw at the game. Plus the fact I saw a certain player kick ass on ST's and was in on several plays in the 3-4.
rochambeau

Douche Baggins
10-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Shields hasn't been playing that well this year, I agree. He got beat for a sack again today.

milkman
10-16-2005, 06:29 PM

Shields hasn't been the same player, and like you, I am hoping he is playing his way into shape, but like you, I also fear he is done.

HolmeZz
10-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Jared Allen was a man among men today.

Then he obviously didn't stand out very much.

ROYC75
10-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Maybe Shields is struggling because we have no quality RT to help out. Maybe Shields is trying to do to much ?

But he isn't the same, the whole damn offense isn't ..... maybe age has caught up ?

the Talking Can
10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
ok, so I'm not seeing things....

the OL is just all kinds out of sorts

Frankie
10-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Maybe Shields is struggling because we have no quality RT to help out. Maybe Shields is trying to do to much ?

But he isn't the same, the whole damn offense isn't ..... maybe age has caught up ?
BINGO!!!

Exactly what I was going to post. You beat me to it.

KCFANinNC
10-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Shields has also been olaying hurt.

Douche Baggins
10-16-2005, 07:02 PM

I don't buy it. He played better last year.

ROYC75
10-16-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't buy it. He played better last year.

Personally, I think it is the age and health issues. I said maybe as like throwing out suggestions.

milkman
10-16-2005, 07:05 PM

I think that's spelled "Ole' blocking". :p

Douche Baggins
10-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Personally, I think it is the age and health issues. I said maybe as like throwing out suggestions.

That's what I think.

runnercyclist
10-16-2005, 07:57 PM

that is appropriate. olaying. much like a bull fighter letting D linemen run right by with nothing but a wave of the cape