View Full Version : The Playoff Picture - Week 6

Rain Man
10-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Going into Monday night, we've got:

Byes:

Indianapolis Colts (#1)
Denver Cheaters (#2)

1st Round

Cincinnati (#3) vs. Kansas City (#6) We're hanging in there.
Buffalo (#4) vs. Jacksonville (#5)

NFC:

Tampa Buccaneers (#1)
Dallas Cowboys (#2)

1st round:

Seattle (#3) vs. Carolina (#6)
Chicago (#4) vs. Atlanta (#5)

Atlanta gets to take on a 2-3 team in the playoffs.

Douche Baggins
10-16-2005, 08:21 PM
I am shocked we qualify. The AFC is a jumbled mess.

HolmeZz
10-16-2005, 08:32 PM
I'd sign for that.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Cinci Vs. KC huh? Palmer would torch us for 4 TD's and Chad Johnson would have like 250 yards recieving.

joesomebody
10-16-2005, 08:51 PM
we're on pace for either 9-7 or 10-6 based on record alone...

That is wildcard material, and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

I still say we win 11 or 12.

tk13
10-16-2005, 08:59 PM
I don't know, I'm beginning to think the AFC is going to look like A) The Colts, and B) Everyone else. This isn't gonna be like last year with 13, 14, 15 win teams... except for maybe the Colts. I think this'll be a more "normal" year where 11 or 12 wins gets you a bye.

Cochise
10-16-2005, 09:08 PM
We're going to have a tough time getting in as everything stands right now, IMO.

6 playoff spots. Hard to see how Denver, Indy, and Cincy wouldn't make it. Have to figure New England will come out on top in the east, and Pittsburgh I don't think will have trouble securing a wild card if they don't have the division title. That leaves San Diego, KC, Buffalo, and Jacksonville fighting it out for the last spot.

We've got San Diego x 2, Buffalo, Denver, New England, and Cincy left on the schedule, too. I'm not really optimistic at this point of our ability to beat any of those teams that would likely be in the hunt.

Even if we are fortunate and go 3-3 over those 6 games, that still has us with 5 losses and no room for error against Miami, Oakland, Houston, Dallas, and the Giants.

Going to really have to step it up if we're going to get in.

Garcia Bronco
10-16-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't know, I'm beginning to think the AFC is going to look like A) The Colts, and B) Everyone else. This isn't gonna be like last year with 13, 14, 15 win teams... except for maybe the Colts. I think this'll be a more "normal" year where 11 or 12 wins gets you a bye.

the Colts are fool's gold....when the get to the playoffs...they might not have it, and be untested

morphius
10-16-2005, 09:15 PM
We're going to have a tough time getting in as everything stands right now, IMO.

6 playoff spots. Hard to see how Denver, Indy, and Cincy wouldn't make it. Have to figure New England will come out on top in the east, and Pittsburgh I don't think will have trouble securing a wild card if they don't have the division title. That leaves San Diego, KC, Buffalo, and Jacksonville fighting it out for the last spot.

We've got San Diego x 2, Buffalo, Denver, New England, and Cincy left on the schedule, too. I'm not really optimistic at this point of our ability to beat any of those teams that would likely be in the hunt.

Even if we are fortunate and go 3-3 over those 6 games, that still has us with 5 losses and no room for error against Miami, Oakland, Houston, Dallas, and the Giants.

Going to really have to step it up if we're going to get in.
The good thing about that schedule though is the fact that we hold or destiny in our own hands. The scary thing is that couching staff has control of our hands and they seem to be adept at beating one of those hands against our chest like a poor mentally challanged kid running down the hallway...

Morphius
No offense to the mentally handicapped by the spelling handicapped.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 09:17 PM
the Colts are fool's gold....when the get to the playoffs...they might not have it, and be untested

Fools gold huh? Just like they beat the snot out of the Broncos the past 2 years in the playoffs? Plummer is the REAL fools gold.

Cochise
10-16-2005, 09:19 PM
The good thing about that schedule though is the fact that we hold or destiny in our own hands.

I'd rather it were this way than we didn't have a shot at any of these teams the rest of the way. We'll have chances to make a spot for ourselves, but... except maybe Buffalo, I can't say we're better than any of the other teams in the hunt.

tk13
10-16-2005, 09:20 PM
Oh yeah, I've been saying since Week 1 that I think they're still vulnerable to a good power running game that can control the clock.

The problem is, they don't play anybody. They don't play any of those teams until the 2nd half... and they face some teams like Cincy and Pittsburgh and Seattle that could run on them, but I don't think they'll lose all of those games. Their schedule still sets up perfectly for them to get homefield and at least get everybody in the Dome for the playoffs.

milkman
10-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Fools gold huh? Just like they beat the snot out of the Broncos the past 2 years in the playoffs? Plummer is the REAL fools gold.

I disagree.
Nobody expects the Donkeys with Plumber to go very far in the playoffs.

Peyton Manning is the real fool's gold.

Everyone has these high expectations of the Colts because of Manning, and everytime they go up against a physical defense, Peyton craps his pants.

Garcia Bronco
10-16-2005, 09:24 PM

Oh...they would clown us in the playoffs I think...yep...whoop us good.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 09:24 PM
I disagree.
Nobody expects the Donkeys with Plumber to go very far in the playoffs.

Peyton Manning is the real fool's gold.

Everyone has these high expectations of the Colts because of Manning, and everytime they go up against a physical defense, Peyton craps his pants.

True, Manning and Dungy(SchottenChocker Jr.) both have alot to prove come playoff time.

milkman
10-16-2005, 09:27 PM
True, Manning and Dungy(SchottenChocker Jr.) both have alot to prove come playoff time.

Hermy Schottenwarder ain't gettin' to the playoffs this year.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Im thinking if Dungy's Colts and Marty's Chargers play each other in the AFC Championship game this year, the world will implode or something...........