PDA

View Full Version : Sticky PLEASE.....

tommykat
10-16-2005, 09:01 PM
PLEASE ALL, SAVE YOUR TABS FROM SODA AND BEER...I have a friend that turns them in for the Ronald Macs house. We all gave her many today, BUT this is for a make a wish...So, please save your tabs and tell me what Sunday to pick them up~

Thank you! :D

tommykat
10-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Please make this stay at the top! It is so easy to do all here~Make a kids dream come true! :D

TK...;

tommykat
10-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Come on! How many drinnk here? I mean pop and beer What time does it take to pop off a tab?? Come on all, a GREAT CAUSE!

luv
10-16-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm more of a bottle person (beer and 20 oz sodas), buy I'll see what I can round up.

tommykat
10-16-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm more of a bottle person (beer and 20 oz sodas), buy I'll see what I can round up.

Hey, any and all are welcome! :D

mcan
10-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I thought these "save your tabs" things were an urban legend or something...

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 09:49 PM
I hate stickies, forget it. Shut up Tommykat and stop with the goofy ideas. Nobody is going to do that shit.

tommykat
10-16-2005, 09:51 PM
I thought these "save your tabs" things were an urban legend or something...

Don't think...;) just save all tabs!

KChiefsQT
10-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Can I mail them to you???? Because we go through shitloads of tabs around here... specially on the weekends.

Mr. Laz
10-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Can I mail them to you???? Because we go through shitloads of tabs around here... specially on the weekends.
heh ... post office will prolly think it's some kind of bomb and evacuate a city block. ROFL

KChiefsQT
10-16-2005, 09:57 PM
heh ... post office will prolly think it's some kind of bomb and evacuate a city block. ROFL

hmmm.. this could be fun.

tommykat
10-16-2005, 09:58 PM

Yes, Smoke me and I will tell you where to send them! Thaks again..:D

mcan
10-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Snopes says it's a no-go on the "Save your tabs" thing.

Apparently, the "tabs" mania had gotten so far out of hand, that the McDonalds charity does accept the tabs and recycles them for a what they can get, but we're talking a couple hundred dollars for 1 million tabs. Let's say that I could manage to scrounge up 100 pop tabs. I'd donate them, and they'd be worth about 1/50th of one cent. Not much of a right-off. But I'll feel better about myself...

It would take 10,000 people to donate a hundred tabs each to get to million tabs. And still, the charity couldn't even pay for one kid to go to the emergency room and have a doctor kick him in the shins...

On the other hand, if 10,000 people donate a dollar each, some kids might actually get some help...

mcan
10-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Don't think...;) just save all tabs!

BETTER YET! Go ahead and THINK! Save the WHOLE CAN and go recycle it at your local Dillons. Then, take the $4.17 you get for a couple bags of cans and send it to the charity of your choice!

tommykat
10-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Snopes says it's a no-go on the "Save your tabs" thing.

Apparently, the "tabs" mania had gotten so far out of hand, that the McDonalds charity does accept the tabs and recycles them for a what they can get, but we're talking a couple hundred dollars for 1 million tabs. Let's say that I could manage to scrounge up 100 pop tabs. I'd donate them, and they'd be worth about 1/50th of one cent. Not much of a right-off. But I'll feel better about myself...

It would take 10,000 people to donate a hundred tabs each to get to million tabs. And still, the charity couldn't even pay for one kid to go to the emergency room and have a doctor kick him in the shins...

On the other hand, if 10,000 people donate a dollar each, some kids might actually get some help...

Maybe Snoopes is correct~ But it seems to work here..:hmmm: Just trying to help the children~

luv
10-16-2005, 10:21 PM
From what I've found, this is a fundraiser that is done a lot in schools. Kids will collect the tabs to bring in. Some schools have collected up to 70,000 tabs in a matter of 5-6 weeks.

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 10:21 PM
BETTER YET! Go ahead and THINK! Save the WHOLE CAN and go recycle it at your local Dillons. Then, take the $4.17 you get for a couple bags of cans and send it to the charity of your choice!
Don't expect TK to do anything sensible. She went to KC today and met somebody that told her this is a great idea. She did NO research on it but instead posted it on the Planet. Maybe she will actually hit on something some day but I seriously doubt it.

luv
10-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Don't expect TK to do anything sensible. She went to KC today and met somebody that told her this is a great idea. She did NO research on it but instead posted it on the Planet. Maybe she will actually hit on something some day but I seriously doubt it.
You seem to have issues with Kathy. Did she turn you down or something?

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 10:26 PM
You seem to have issues with Kathy. Did she turn you down or something?
Do you actually think I would ask her out? Why are you sticking your nose in this fatso?

luv
10-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Do you actually think I would ask her out? Why are you sticking your nose in this fatso?
Oh boy. He's going for the kill. What on earth makes you think I give a rat's ass what you think of me. It's probably because she doesn't have her lips permanently attached to your ass. Well, neither do I. Call me fatso, tubby, lardass, whatever makes you feel better. Something's gotta help. You sure are crankier than usual.

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Oh boy. He's going for the kill. What on earth makes you think I give a rat's ass what you think of me. It's probably because she doesn't have her lips permanently attached to your ass. Well, neither do I. Call me fatso, tubby, lardass, whatever makes you feel better. Something's gotta help. You sure are crankier than usual. You already used all the good ones to describe you. Just to put you on notice that if you attack me, you'll get it back 10 fold. I'd shut the f*ck up if I were you.

luv
10-16-2005, 10:37 PM
You already used all the good ones to describe you. Just to put you on notice that if you attack me, you'll get it back 10 fold. I'd shut the f*ck up if I were you.
Was I attacking you? No. I was asking a question. Kathy is a friend of mine. I'm sorry if you took offense to me asking if she turned you down. I'm not attacking. There's a difference in attacking and retaliating. Are you the CP God or something? You going to get all your friends together to neg rep me? I'm sorry, but I will not try to butter you up whenever you are putting down one of my friends. I don't work that way.

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Was I attacking you? No. I was asking a question. Kathy is a friend of mine. I'm sorry if you took offense to me asking if she turned you down. I'm not attacking. There's a difference in attacking and retaliating. Are you the CP God or something? You going to get all your friends together to neg rep me? I'm sorry, but I will not try to butter you up whenever you are putting down one of my friends. I don't work that way. I don't need any help to burn your rep to the ground if I choose to do so. The best thing you can do is mind your own f*cking business. I find you very uninteresting and that is why we haven't had an interaction on this board. But if you want to run your smart mouth bring it on.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-16-2005, 11:41 PM
why can't we all just get along, group hug in the shower tonite :)

luv
10-17-2005, 12:28 AM
why can't we all just get along, group hug in the shower tonite :)
I'm not taking a shower with you or anyone here tonight or ever. :p

tommykat
10-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Wow, from something I thought was good for dying children sure got ugly.

I know first hand that indeed Rileys Grandmother told us all what it was for and it is taken here in Springfield. Last year the little one donated 7,000 tabs. Just hope to help a 5 or 6 year old do a good thing.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2005, 06:53 PM
If I was dying, I probably wouldn't appreciate pop tabs.

JimNasium
10-17-2005, 06:59 PM
You going to get all your friends together to neg rep me?
Skip has no friends.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Skip would make an excellent target for a rep conspiracy.

JimNasium
10-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Wow, from something I thought was good for dying children sure got ugly.

I know first hand that indeed Rileys Grandmother told us all what it was for and it is taken here in Springfield. Last year the little one donated 7,000 tabs. Just hope to help a 5 or 6 year old do a good thing.
Skip doesn't care about dying children.

Saulbadguy
10-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Skip doesn't care about black people.
The bastard.

JimNasium
10-17-2005, 07:03 PM
The bastard.
Skip doesn't care for native Americans either.

tommykat
10-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Skip doesn't care for native Americans either.

ROFL On a roll there JimNasium.