PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins discussion thread...

Count Alex's Wins
10-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Once again we have to travel down into the hellhole that is Florida. The last time the Chiefs won in Florida was 2001 against the Jags.

Before that it was 1993. Our last win against Miami IN Miami was freakin' 1976!!!

Even the 1997 and 1995 Chiefs teams, which were a pair of wombwreckers, were 0-3 in Florida.

I think we're headed for a loss this week. Miami's defense is really good. Their rushing defense is outstanding (despite a good game by Tampa today). Their pass D is good and we will need Roaf on his game this week against Jason Taylor.

They've got a bunch of playmakers on offense, too. Big, fast wide receivers. A good tight end. Two good running backs.

We're going to have to get to Frerotte if we want to win. He's turned the ball over 8 times this year. He has 6 interceptions and 5 fumbles, 2 of which the other team recovered. As a team they have 12 turnovers, so maybe that bodes well.

Zach Thomas has a shitload of tackles for them this year. Maybe we can bust out the "Ray Lewis" gameplan or something.

Also, Vonnie Holliday. :D

Count Alex's Wins
10-16-2005, 11:35 PM
One thing I did notice, Miami's offense has been HEAVILY penalized this year. 52 penalties through 4 games and 9 more on the team today.

HolmeZz
10-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Miami's not particularly big up front and they play a 3-4 quite a bit. I assume we'll be running up the gut a good deal. It'll neutralize their speed and in the process, Zach Thomas.

Skip Towne
10-16-2005, 11:50 PM
With all that has happened to them it is amazing they are still competitive. That said, let's go stomp their ass.

Nasty
10-16-2005, 11:52 PM
DolFan here...
Our team is unpredictable. They have the talent, but dont seem to put it all together every game. We need to stay committed to the run or we will lose. For whatever reason, the past 2 games we havent run much. 2 weeks ago Ronnie only got 17 carries against the Bills when he was averaging 5.7 YAC. Today, Ronnie only had 8 carries and Ricky had 5. i dont know what the deal is with that. We cant try to win the game with Gus... Our run D is solid, and besides that long run, didnt allow much on the ground. Our secondary is suspect though...

However, we play like a completely different team at home. Hopefully, that will be the case this sunday...

Nasty

Count Alex's Wins
10-16-2005, 11:54 PM
It looks to me like Vonnie Holliday is going to spend most of the day matched up against...BRIAN WATERS! ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
10-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Forecast for Miami next Sunday is 87 degrees with rain.

Straight, No Chaser
10-17-2005, 12:17 AM
I think we're headed for a loss this week. Miami's defense is really good. Their rushing defense is outstanding (despite a good game by Tampa today). Their pass D is good and we will need Roaf on his game this week against Jason Taylor.

They've got a bunch of playmakers on offense, too. Big, fast wide receivers. A good tight end. Two good running backs...

Wait a minute; let's not exaggerate, you make the '05 Dolphins sound unbeatable. Just because they have a good tight end, there's no need to creme your jeans about the Dolphins.

They lost to Tampa today and Ricky gained only 8 yards on 5 carries. Tampa has a nice defense but I wouldn't call their offense a juggernaut... they were able to put up 27 on the fins today. I'll take my chances with Green/Holmes/Johnson over Ferotte/Pittman anyday. We still have not seen this Chiefs team play to their expectations yet either.

--->

NJ Chief Fan
10-17-2005, 12:24 AM
RIP THEM APART

Mr. Rat Fink
10-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Wait a minute; let's not exaggerate, you make the '05 Dolphins sound unbeatable. Just because they have a good tight end, there's no need to creme your jeans about the Dolphins.

They lost to Tampa today and Ricky gained only 8 yards on 5 carries. Tampa has a nice defense but I wouldn't call their offense a juggernaut... they were able to put up 27 on the fins today. I'll take my chances with Green/Holmes/Johnson over Ferotte/Pittman anyday. We still have not seen this Chiefs team play to their expectations yet either.

--->

Frerotte/Pittman? :spock:

Straight, No Chaser
10-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Frerotte/Pittman? :spock:

Uhhh, sorry: Frerotte/Brown/Williams
:)

HolmeZz
10-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Their OLine is what is preventing them from being a good offense. They've got good skill players and Frerotte is decent enough to work with at QB.

Dr. Chief
10-17-2005, 12:47 AM
We could easily lose this game if our O doesn't pull their heads out of their asses.

Hopefully we actually have Warfield in the secondary this week because I'm getting sick of seeing Dex chasing up to a guy from 2 yards away. Even if he's not, our D is better than their O, and the way our offense is going right now, I'll call it a push with their D.

Verdict, we win in a close game.

jidar
10-17-2005, 12:52 AM
No matter how certain I am that we are the better team (and I'm certain) I have learned my lesson about predicting a win in Miami. Forget about it. This one is a loss, hello 3-3.

Straight, No Chaser
10-17-2005, 12:55 AM
We could easily lose this game if our O doesn't pull their heads out of their asses.

Verdict, we win in a close game.
:spock: You mean Al Saunders, right?

--->

tk13
10-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Stop the run, stop the run, stop the run. We have to do it. I sound way too much like Parkerwanian there but I think it's really true for this game. Make Fur-rot beat us. I think they might drag us into a low scoring game, at least for us...

Nasty
10-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Stop the run, stop the run, stop the run. We have to do it. I sound way too much like Parkerwanian there but I think it's really true for this game. Make Fur-rot beat us. I think they might drag us into a low scoring game, at least for us...

Ding Ding Ding! Thats what you have to do. Gus is terrible and Surtain and Knight will kill us if we leave it up to Gus...

Nasty

the Talking Can
10-17-2005, 05:55 AM
I feel like we win....if we're going to be a playoff team we have to win.

And hopefully Warfield will play. Good lord.

SCChief
10-17-2005, 06:03 AM
:spock: You mean Al Saunders, right?

--->

Saunders doesn't protect our QB.

Warrior5
10-17-2005, 06:17 AM
Something else we can leverage is the intel from Surtain and Knight and the Dolphins D.

The O really needs to get on track...if the Chiefs are a playoff-caliber team, they'll win this tough road game.

Dr. Chief
10-17-2005, 06:30 AM
Something else we can leverage is the intel from Surtain and Knight and the Dolphins D.

The O really needs to get on track...if the Chiefs are a playoff-caliber team, they'll win this tough road game.

I doubt we'd get much since they brought in a new coaching staff this year. The only thing I can think of is maybe some of their tendencies, but coaches should be able to pull those off of film.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 09:37 AM
I doubt we'd get much since they brought in a new coaching staff this year. The only thing I can think of is maybe some of their tendencies, but coaches should be able to pull those off of film.

No, actually, Jim Bates is still the Dolphins DC, so Surtain and Knight could give the offense some info. I look for big games from both of them, it's their homecoming.

I look for Tony Gonzalez to have his first big game this year against them. The last time we played them, Tony torched them. We'll do our usual shifting and motioning to get us some favorable matchups overall offensively--look for the Chiefs to try to get Zach Thomas matched up on Tony quite a bit.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Also, the Dolphins play a 3-4 now, with Jason Taylor lining up in different spots. We have to account for him.

Tigermoose
10-17-2005, 09:47 AM
The Chiefs weakness is defending the pass. Gus Ferrotte (sp?) does not scare me. He will get his yards, but not dependably enough to outscore the Chiefs. I have been very please with the Chiefs run defense. And I think we will get Warfield back, and that will help as well.

I think the offensive line play will get better every week if no one gets injured. Our defense is starting to produce some playmakers. Trent has been a little shaky because of the poor pass protection, but I think this will get better with the offensive line getting better.

Prediction:

Chiefs 31
Miami 17

I feel good about yesterday's victory. Washington's D is very good, and our defense stepped it up and forced some turnovers. I'm ecstatic about Allen's play. And if Warfield gets up to speed, look out!

...starting to believe...

StcChief
10-17-2005, 10:33 AM
We break the Miami Fla losing streak this week.

'Fins are not that good.

Bowser
10-17-2005, 10:40 AM
I really hope Gun pulls his head out this game, and lines Surtain up man-to-man on Chris Chambers for all four quarters.

Count Alex's Wins
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Bump for the week.

dsgreene285
10-17-2005, 02:41 PM
I really hope Gun pulls his head out this game, and lines Surtain up man-to-man on Chris Chambers for all four quarters.

won't happen. Gun's too stubborn to change his philosophy of not moving CBs from side to side. He may not need to if EW is back. I think we've seen the last of DM for awhile. The injury is an excellent opportunity for DV and Gun to start EW without eating too much crow.

Count Alex's Wins
10-17-2005, 02:43 PM
McCleon was hurt?

Count Alex's Wins
10-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Injuries: RB Larry Johnson (left thigh contusion), CB Dexter McCleon (right groin strain), WR Samie Parker (left knee sprain), WR Samie Parker (left knee sprain) and S Greg Wesley (low back contusion).

dsgreene285
10-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Injuries: RB Larry Johnson (left thigh contusion), CB Dexter McCleon (right groin strain), WR Samie Parker (left knee sprain), WR Samie Parker (left knee sprain) and S Greg Wesley (low back contusion).

and he didn't return to the game after the injury. I didn't realize it was a groin...I thought it was his feelings after Santana Moss torched him all day long. On second thought, he should be used to getting torched.

ChiefFripp
10-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Once again we have to travel down into the hellhole that is Florida.

I have lived in Orlando for almost a year now and it is indeed a hellhole.

chefsos
10-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Forecast for Miami next Sunday is 87 degrees with rain.
Outside chance of this, but maybe a lot of rain. Wilma's lookin' for a party.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9710472/

Warrior5
10-17-2005, 04:05 PM
but figured this would be a good bump before more detailed analysis later in the week.

Dolphin pass D: 191 ypg (11th) vs. Chief pass O: 204 ypg (20th)
Dolphin rush D: 102 ypg (14th) vs. Chief rush O: 127 ypg (7th)

Dolphin pass O: 214 ypg (18th) vs. Chief pass D: 278 ypg (30th)
Dolphin rush O: 108 ypg (18th) vs. Chief rush D: 96 ypg (9th)

Not many surprises here.

Forecast is a humid 87 degrees.

If our O can snap out of this zombie trance they've been in, we could sneak in a road win.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Outside chance of this, but maybe a lot of rain. Wilma's lookin' for a party.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9710472/

Yeah, Tagliabue should move the game to Arrowhead to help out Miami. It would be for the best.

Mr. Rat Fink
10-17-2005, 04:20 PM

Ah Ha! Parker has two left legs...that explains a lot.

Cntrygal
10-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I'll be rooting for you all!

KChiefsQT
10-17-2005, 06:40 PM
We will win. My only worry is that the boys get a little crazy down in Miami and someone ends up getting arrested. *Fingers Crossed*

Calcountry
10-17-2005, 06:45 PM

--->If they can't play to their expectations at home, what makes you think they will break out on the road, in a place where they have sucked for years?

I am hoping I am wrong, but I probably won't be.

Calcountry
10-17-2005, 06:46 PM

Hopefully we actually have Warfield in the secondary this week because I'm getting sick of seeing Dex chasing up to a guy from 2 yards away. Even if he's not, our D is better than their O, and the way our offense is going right now, I'll call it a push with their D.

Verdict, we win in a close game.If we are plus 3 in turnovers.

Calcountry
10-17-2005, 06:49 PM
and he didn't return to the game after the injury. I didn't realize it was a groin...I thought it was his feelings after Santana Moss torched him all day long. On second thought, he should be used to getting torched.Them groins hurt when you have to sprint to catch up with people all the time.

Tuckdaddy
10-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Jason Taylor will not be playing this week. He's injured.

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2005, 08:30 PM
I hope Ricky doesn't break the 5-yard barrier, or we're dead.

Braincase
10-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Jason Taylor will not be playing this week. He's injured.

From ESPN:

Miami Dolphins: Defensive end Jason Taylor was on crutches Monday because of a foot injury, leaving his status for Sunday's game against Kansas City uncertain.

Taylor was hurt during the first quarter of Miami's 27-13 loss at Tampa Bay. He returned to the game but said he was slowed by the injury.

The Dolphins didn't disclose the nature of the injury, but coach Nick Saban said Taylor's foot is swollen. Saban said trainers will keep Taylor off the foot for a couple days and evaluate his status later in the week.

Taylor, who leads the Dolphins with three sacks, has made 87 consecutive starts since sitting out one game with an ankle injury in 1999.