PDA

View Full Version : Stint Green: Rattled or lost a step?

Dr. Chief
10-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Did the first 4 weeks of getting knocked around get something in his head or has he lost a step, because he looks terrible on every pass downfield of more than 15 yards. The balls are not tight or are badly over/under thrown. He's not crisp at all.

HolmeZz
10-16-2005, 10:26 PM
I thought it was Stent. Especially since Stint isn't very funny. :(

Count Zarth
10-16-2005, 10:27 PM
This happens every year.

thepascalblaze
10-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Happens every year, and this year he has had no Roaf of Lead on the blind side...

Taco John
10-16-2005, 11:07 PM
This happens every year.

/mantra

HolmeZz
10-16-2005, 11:09 PM
/mantra

For a second I thought I had passed gas, but I see it was just you posting.

T-post Tom
10-17-2005, 04:01 AM
Great win. Glad to see the Chiefs at 3-2. Here's to 4-2 after next week's win over Miami. And don't forget the donko loss to the GIants shortly thereafter. :)

SCChief
10-17-2005, 04:40 AM
Did the first 4 weeks of getting knocked around get something in his head or has he lost a step, because he looks terrible on every pass downfield of more than 15 yards. The balls are not tight or are badly over/under thrown. He's not crisp at all.

He just has not had the time to stand in the pocket that he has enjoyed in the past few seasons. Remember the play where he had to dodge hits from 5 different 'Skins? Once (or if) he gains confidence in the O-Line again, you will see a different story.

OzArK KrAzO
10-17-2005, 04:45 AM
(He just has not had the time to stand in the pocket that he has enjoyed in the past few seasons. Remember the play where he had to dodge hits from 5 different 'Skins? Once (or if) he gains confidence in the O-Line again, you will see a different story) I agree he took a david carr type beating. :banghead: Im hopin he settles back down fast though.

jspchief
10-17-2005, 06:24 AM
How can you be critical of Green after that game? Facing on of the top passing defenses in the league, he ground out tough yards on the ground, escaped numerous sacks, made key first down throws, and was throwing blocks for Priest Holmes. He completed 60% of his passes and had a rating of 95.6, in spite of a complete lack of an effective running game.

Green played his ass off in that game. As soon as the "best O-line in the NFL" starts playing like they should, Green will be able to get his job done better.

JimNasium
10-17-2005, 06:27 AM
How can you be critical of Green after that game? Facing on of the top passing defenses in the league, he ground out tough yards on the ground, escaped numerous sacks, made key first down throws, and was throwing blocks for Priest Holmes. He completed 60% of his passes and had a rating of 95.6, in spite of a complete lack of an effective running game.

Green played his ass off in that game. As soon as the "best O-line in the NFL" starts playing like they should, Green will be able to get his job done better.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dr. Chief
10-17-2005, 06:41 AM
I'm not questioning his heart here, but when he has had time the throws haven't been there. They are wobblers or under/overthrown.

I know the O-line hasn't been up to par, but he has had some time to step up and he hasn't threaded the passes. They were missing two players out of their secondary for that game and he got nothing downfield.

KC Jones
10-17-2005, 06:54 AM
Trent has always been a bit of a spotty passer IMO - some games he'd dead accurate and others he has trouble putting the ball on the mark. It probably has a lot to do with the defense we're playing. He's trained to throw the ball to a spot on the field, and our passing game rely's on timing and precise routes. If a defense is doing a great job of tackling Tony or the wide receivers while their running their routes, they aren't in the spot their supposed to be when Trent turns to deliver the ball.

NewChief
10-17-2005, 07:00 AM
On the one really bad overthrow to Kennison, there was definitely miscommunication. After the play, Trent pointed like he wanted an out pattern further downfield. Of course, that could be Trent or Eddie's mistake, but I don't think that was a simple overthrow. On the overthrow to Tony G (I think), I think that one was intentional as well, because he was trying to get the PI call without taking the chance of getting picked.

All that being said, I definitely agree that Trent's accuracy hasn't been what it should be this year. I do know that he's beat to hell, though. I doubt the mauling he took yesterday on the one play helped out much either.

ChiefsFan1965
10-17-2005, 07:06 AM
And how about picking up those key 1st downs by running it himself. He didn't slide into them but rather hurled and flipped himself over. I thought he played tough but yeah the passing game wasn't too great.

It was nice to see Samie Parker catch a few, and even better to see Marc Boerigter back in action.

the Talking Can
10-17-2005, 07:08 AM

yup

Trent does seem a bit rattled by not being able to trust his OL as usual...but he's adapting...it just won't be as pretty this year, but the W is what matters....

Brock
10-17-2005, 07:24 AM
Trent Green is a tough SOB.

Extra Point
10-17-2005, 07:40 AM
Trent Green is a tough SOB.

MO DEF!

How many interceptions did Green throw? Same as Brunell, none.
Green picked up what he coughed up. Brunell didn't: he had 2.
Green 5 carries, 5 ypc. Brunell 2 carries, 1 ypc.

Like jspchief said, "Facing on of the top passing defenses in the league, he ground out tough yards on the ground, escaped numerous sacks, made key first down throws, and was throwing blocks for Priest Holmes."

These "little things" add up. Green bashers need to STFU at least another week.

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Trent isn't the problem.

RT and an aging OL, piss poor play-calling, and Gonzo not getting open seem to be the biggest things we need to correct if we wish to be a contender, and not a pretender. :shake:

htismaqe
10-17-2005, 07:51 AM
I thought Green looked great yesterday, considering Priest had 11 carries for 14 yards or some shit...

wolfpack0735
10-17-2005, 07:57 AM
trents passes looked off alittle sunday. but the one throw fairly deep to parker looked like the old trent,or atleast from where i was sitting. he threw the ball before the cut and it was there. i was more amazed parker caught the ball. i thought for the most part trent had time to throw the ball, just his WR`S weren`t getting open.

Extra Point
10-17-2005, 07:57 AM
I thought Green looked great yesterday, considering Priest had 11 carries for 14 yards or some shit...

...and selling the cross cut-back screen in Q4.

Cochise
10-17-2005, 08:18 AM
I think Green's doing a good job, considering there are only 2 people on the team who can get open in the passing game and the running attack has been sputtering like crazy.

TRR
10-17-2005, 08:21 AM
Green hasn't had the protection he's had in the past, and is working with new WR's in Parker and Wilson.

Green is the least of KC's problems.

Extra Point
10-17-2005, 08:27 AM
I'd like to reiterate two points:

Green to Boerigter!

Mr. Laz
10-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Green is not a guy that deals all that well with pressure. Our normally stalwart offensive line isn't playing very well.

sluggish offense line = inconsistent running game
sluggish offense line + No Play action Pass = Green's happy feet

all starts with the drop in play of our Oline

redhed
10-17-2005, 10:14 AM
When your 2 best pass catchers (TonyG and Kennison) combine for 2 count 'em TWO recs, your QB is gonna have a tough day. Having said that, Green's performance against the 'Skins was awesome. He's out there doing whatever it takes to lead this team to victory. When was the last time you saw and NFL QB seeking out a DB or DL to throw a block? Green may not be a very mobile QB, but he can move when he has to. I hate the word escapability, but that's what Green's got. He may not throw a pretty spiral, but he gets the job done.

Calcountry
10-17-2005, 10:49 AM
(He just has not had the time to stand in the pocket that he has enjoyed in the past few seasons. Remember the play where he had to dodge hits from 5 different 'Skins? Once (or if) he gains confidence in the O-Line again, you will see a different story) I agree he took a david carr type beating. :banghead: Im hopin he settles back down fast though.Who was playing RT yesterday? He was consistently getting beat. I looked like he would give up on the play early too, instead of pushing the pass rush as far out as he could thus allowing Green to step up in the pocket. He was leaving an angle to Trent over and over.

Calcountry
10-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Green is not a guy that deals all that well with pressure. Our normally stalwart offensive line isn't playing very well.

sluggish offense line = inconsistent running game
sluggish offense line + No Play action Pass = Green's happy feet

all starts with the drop in play of our OlineThey are getting old and the new guys aren't stepping up.

jynni
10-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Who was playing RT yesterday? He was consistently getting beat. I looked like he would give up on the play early too, instead of pushing the pass rush as far out as he could thus allowing Green to step up in the pocket. He was leaving an angle to Trent over and over.
Didn't Black play RT? Hopefully Sampson will be ready next week.

htismaqe
10-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Didn't Black play RT? Hopefully Sampson will be ready next week.

Yeah, it was Black. Sampson may not be ready next week. Apparently, he's lucky to be alive.

TRR
10-17-2005, 11:58 AM
They need to give Welbourn another shot at RT. The guy is making good money, and he is completely healthy now. He's been practicing at both RG and RT. Give him a shot and see what he can do. I haven't been impressed with Black at all, and Sampson hasn't impressed me in his couple of games.