PDA

View Full Version : Clark Judge article re: Chiefs offense

Bowser
10-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Not much in here that we haven't noticed, but he hits it on the head....

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8972708/1

brent102fire
10-17-2005, 09:27 AM
I think one of the problems is this RB rotation DV has implemented. I would like to see LJ go in when Priest takes HIMSELF out for a breather. No more of this 2:1 rotation crap...I think it takes Priest and the O out of any rhythm...

Lzen
10-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Yup, hit the nail on the head. Interesting that Trent subtlely questioned the Priest, Priest, Larry RB rotation.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm glad Trent mentioned that. Hopefully we just go with Priest and then get LJ in there when Priest needs a breather.

Bowser
10-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Agreed. Priest has proven that he gets stronger as the game goes on. Wait until we've secured a playoff spot, THEN worry about stroking LJ's ego.

Or make the ratio 4:1.

Extra Point
10-17-2005, 09:42 AM
"It better start somewhere. The Chiefs have too much talent not to get this straightened out."

For sure.

siberian khatru
10-17-2005, 09:49 AM
I don't think they should rotate Priest and LJ on a set basis (2 for 1 or whatever). I think their playing time should depend on game situations, especially the kind of opponent we're playing. Sometimes we'll face a D where Priest's patience behind blockers will be most effective. Sometimes we'd be better off exploiting a slower D with LJ's speed. If we're opening up big holes, that actually would be the time to play LJ, because he can take it to the house.

There might be games where Priest gets 20-25 carries and LJ 5. Or vice-versa (athough realistically, it would be hard seeing DV/AS sit Priest that much).

I don't know if the coaches lack confidence in making in-game decisions like that, or if DV is just committed to being politically correct by trying to divvy touches as fairly as possible.

Mr. Laz
10-17-2005, 09:49 AM
so is keeping priest in more gonna make jordan black a better pass protector ... gonna make his feet faster?

our offensive line has looked very average thus far ... that's the problem.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 09:50 AM
so is keeping priest in more gonna make jordan black a better pass protector ... gonna make his feet faster?

our offensive line has looked very average thus far ... that's the problem.

True. It all starts up front. I think Sampson will do a better job.

donkhater
10-17-2005, 10:01 AM
I'd like to see this thing get straightened out. If for no other reason than to give the defense a break. This was the second game in a row that I was convinced they were going to pass out from fatigue in the second half.

I don't know the numbers, but Philly and Washington both had to have HUGE T.O.P. advantages in the second halves of those games. A big culprit is the inability of the offense to get something going.

Thig Lyfe
10-17-2005, 10:05 AM
The 2:1 rotation has cost the O a few TDs because they keep LJ in on goal line situations, where his talent does not lie. They need to be more situational in their rotation.

I agree that the O-line is not at the level it has been, and thus it is the root of the O's problems.

Reaper16
10-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Shields is done after this year, no question. I figured that the Trevor Pryce thing was an anamoly, but Will got beat most of yesterday. This does not bode well for our offense.

Mr. Laz
10-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Shields is done after this year, no question. I figured that the Trevor Pryce thing was an anamoly, but Will got beat most of yesterday. This does not bode well for our offense.
yea, i keep hoping that all the time they missed in preseason is the reason and they they will improve.

pretty simple on offense ... if our offensive line play improves, so will the rest of the offense.

if they don't, it will pretty much perform like this the rest of the year.