PDA

View Full Version : I think I like football on TV with fewer cameras.

Rain Man
10-17-2005, 09:01 AM
I had a sudden realization yesterday that having more cameras on the field is annoying, at least the way TV coverage runs today.

Time after time, I would watch a play and I would see a Chief near the play, or missing a tackle or something, and I would make a note to figure out who it was. I usually do that by watching the guy get up, or cross the camera to go back to the huddle.

However, with all these newfangled cameras, the TV network would switch cameras immediately, thereby making me lose my tracking on the person I was trying to identify. As likely as not, they would switch to something meaningless, like Mark Brunell walking to the huddle, or Santana Moss walking to the huddle, or some such thing. I would never get to see who was near the play, or who was in coverage on an incomplete pass, or who missed a tackle.

I would rather have fewer cameras and get a more consistent perspective on the field. Anyone else agree or disagree?

tyton75
10-17-2005, 09:04 AM
I tend to agree with that... but I like the ability to have a replay from a different angle too..

I do think they like to quick cut after the play too much to "get the closeup"

Rain Man
10-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Yeah, getting a replay from a different angle is quite valuable. Maybe it's just an editing thing, then. I need fewer closeups and more views of guys getting up off the pile.