PDA

View Full Version : It's not if you win, it's how u play the game!

kcblue555
10-17-2005, 10:33 AM
I thought this year above all else it was about making a Superbowl run to define the Carl Peterson era. Well I've seen this before and I don't have to be psyhic to know the way the Chiefs are playing, the season will end with the same bitter disappointment for the Chiefs the same way it has for the last 10 years (in '95 Carl's Superbowl scam was first exposed). Seems like the more things change the more they stay the same. For you all who believe in the tooth fairy the old "it's an important win so the Chiefs can make the play-offs" keep on fooling yourself this team is weak and fragile. If they do make the play-offs they're gonna get run AGAIN in the first round. Carl based his whole regime on getting to the Superbowl so anything less is a FAILURE!!!! HE SET THE STANDARDS WITH WHICH TO JUDGE HIM BY. 5 MORE YEARS!!!!!!

Rain Man
10-17-2005, 10:38 AM
And you kids! Get off of my lawn! If that ball comes up on this porch, I'm keeping it!

jidar
10-17-2005, 10:40 AM
Holy shit. Another anti-chiefs thread started by an anti-fan. Will wonders never cease.
LOOK YOU CAN TELL IM SERIOUS BY THE CAPS AND THE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!

SCChief
10-17-2005, 10:46 AM
I thought this year above all else it was about making a Superbowl run to define the Carl Peterson era. Well I've seen this before and I don't have to be psyhic to know the way the Chiefs are playing, the season will end with the same bitter disappointment for the Chiefs the same way it has for the last 10 years (in '95 Carl's Superbowl scam was first exposed). Seems like the more things change the more they stay the same. For you all who believe in the tooth fairy the old "it's an important win so the Chiefs can make the play-offs" keep on fooling yourself this team is weak and fragile. If they do make the play-offs they're gonna get run AGAIN in the first round. Carl based his whole regime on getting to the Superbowl so anything less is a FAILURE!!!! HE SET THE STANDARDS WITH WHICH TO JUDGE HIM BY. 5 MORE YEARS!!!!!!

ROFL

You are like one of the extremists (both sides) over on the DC side who comes in and posts something negative for shock value, trying to get satisfaction by watching everyone implode over your shocking revelation.

Get over it already. The season will play out like it plays out, and nothing you say is going to change how a single one of us feels about this tea... wait... can't... can't fight it... his... post... must... be... affecting my... no, wait... that was just gas.

jspchief
10-17-2005, 11:01 AM
I agree that the team doesn't look like anything more than a 8-8/9-7 type team. Maybe a team that squeaks into the play-offs, but doesn't advance.

However (and it's a big however), there is a lot left to the season. We've played one great game, and 4 mediocre/lousy games. We still won half of those mediocre games. This team has the talent to get better as the season progresses. There's something to be said for peaking at the right time, and it's possible that this will be the reverse of 2003.

Calcountry
10-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Holy shit. Another anti-chiefs thread started by an anti-fan. Will wonders never cease.
LOOK YOU CAN TELL IM SERIOUS BY THE CAPS AND THE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!Just neg rep the fugger and be done with it.

Donger
10-17-2005, 11:15 AM
psyhic

Gesundheit!

SCChief
10-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Just neg rep the fugger and be done with it.

He has his rep disabled, so neg repping him would not have a visibly satisfying effect.

Spicy McHaggis
10-17-2005, 11:50 AM
I know I'm not a forum veteran by any means but is there anyway we can have a seperate "I'm really going to jump this time!!!" section for threads like this?