PDA

View Full Version : Talked to Gunther before the game Sunday.

Marcellus
10-17-2005, 02:10 PM
I had a chance to have a short exchange with Gun before the game during warmups. He came over and talked to some of us who were hanging out on the rail watching. 2 guys next me were screaming their guts out an hour before the game. I guess that caught Gun's attention.
One of the guys was just going off screaming about how we were going to kick a$$ etc....

Anyway, had I known how the day was going to go I would have asked him why Warfield wasn't playing. I wonder what he would have said. :hmmm: Probably nothing.

Gun pointed out that he thought the home crowd wasn't loud enough anymore and we needed more volume. He said, and I am paraphrasing.."Those bastards on the 50 yard line don't hardly yell anymore, we need you guys down here (in the end zone) to make up for it".

I do know it was pretty loud most of the game especially during the 4th quarter.

InChiefsHell
10-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Well hey, Gun, give us something to yell about...

...like yesterday.

Bowser
10-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Did you tell him to bring the yellow glasses back?

gblowfish
10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Gun pointed out that he thought the home crowd wasn't loud enough anymore and we needed more volume. He said, and I am paraphrasing.."Those bastards on the 50 yard line don't hardly yell anymore, we need you guys down here (in the end zone) to make up for it".

Hey....I resemble that remark!!!
A lot of the Chiefs family members, fat cats and rich newbies who buy top dollar seats from scalpers sit around the 50. They don't scream. They rattle their jewlery (yes, I stole that from John Lennon.)

I yell a lot, but pick my moments. Sometimes I smack the chair back. I like the thunder rumble that makes when everyone in the stadium does it.

I know lots of people who can't be at the game, so I feel an obligation to cheer for those who can't be there.

Arrowhead was plenty loud yesterday. Good job fans.

JimNasium
10-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Arrowhead Louder.

dirk digler
10-17-2005, 02:15 PM
I thought the crowd was very loud yesterday and it was probably the loudest that it has been in a while.

jspchief
10-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Gun's right, the middle of the field is lame. Thats where I sit.

Count Alex's Wins
10-17-2005, 02:16 PM

You don't like Gunther's new millenium glasses?

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1892/109hh.jpg

dirk digler
10-17-2005, 02:19 PM

Coincedence?

:p

Marcellus

Actually he was wearing yellow safety glasses.

I thought it was pretty darn loud most of the game especially in the fourth quarter.

ChiTown

I'm holding you personally responsible for future losses.

BigRedChief
10-17-2005, 02:21 PM
I thought the crowd was very loud yesterday and it was probably the loudest that it has been in a while.

Yep I would agree. It was loud. I sit in the end zone also.

bsp4444
10-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Gun, I'll just be sitting by my mailbox for those 50 yardline tickets and we'll help that 'ol defense of yours out.

Pitt Gorilla
10-17-2005, 02:24 PM
The guys on the radio said that it was mid-90's loud. Good job, fans.

BTW,
the implication is that we've been quieter for some time. WTF happened?!?

jspchief
10-17-2005, 02:37 PM
The guys on the radio said that it was mid-90's loud. Good job, fans.

BTW,
the implication is that we've been quieter for some time. WTF happened?!?Late in the game yesterday, I looked at my wife, smiled and said "this is what Arrowhead was like when it got it's reputation". The place was really rocking.

As for what happened, my personal opinion is the 32 Defense stole the crowd's mojo. You can't only get worked up and be let down so many times before you lose some fire.

Imagine if as a kid, you ran to the tree on Christmas morning to find no gifts. That goes on for several years. Sooner or later, the notion of Santa stopping by wouldn't get you excited anymore. Yesterday, Chiefs fans woke up on Christmas morning and finally saw Santa wearing a #69 jersey, and Rudolph in #29. It was a Merry Christmas.

Brock
10-17-2005, 02:42 PM
I was rather disappointed by the number of empty seats I saw late in the 4th quarter.

Lzen
10-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Late in the game yesterday, I looked at my wife, smiled and said "this is what Arrowhead was like when it got it's reputation". The place was really rocking.

As for what happened, my personal opinion is the 32 Defense stole the crowd's mojo. You can't only get worked up and be let down so many times before you lose some fire.

Imagine if as a kid, you ran to the tree on Christmas morning to find no gifts. That goes on for several years. Sooner or later, the notion of Santa stopping by wouldn't get you excited anymore. Yesterday, Chiefs fans woke up on Christmas morning and finally saw Santa wearing a #69 jersey, and Rudolph in #29. It was a Merry Christmas.

Excellent metaphor. :thumb:

Lzen
10-17-2005, 02:55 PM
I was rather disappointed by the number of empty seats I saw late in the 4th quarter.

Yeah, I was wondering why some of those idiots would be leaving when it was still undecided and there were a few minutes of game time left.

Coogs
10-17-2005, 03:24 PM

I realize the TV stations can sort of controll what you hear over the tube, but it seemed rather quiet yesterday compared to what you hear from some other stadiums.

Kclee
10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Yesterday, Chiefs fans woke up on Christmas morning and finally saw Santa wearing a #69 jersey, and Rudolph in #29. It was a Merry Christmas.

You forgot about the Grinch wearing the #22 jersey.

Reaper16
10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
I realize the TV stations can sort of controll what you hear over the tube, but it seemed rather quiet yesterday compared to what you hear from some other stadiums.

Fox had the crowd noise down rather low in the mix. After the game, I flipped over to CBS to watch the Donks/Pats game, and CBS had Incestco's noise featured rather loudly in the mix.

Carlota69
10-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Fox had the crowd noise down rather low in the mix. After the game, I flipped over to CBS to watch the Donks/Pats game, and CBS had Incestco's noise featured rather loudly in the mix.

Yeah, watching it on TV, the crowd didn't sound very loud. Also, based on no false starts, I thought Arrowhead was quieter than usual. But based on the response from the peeps who were there, it leads me to believe you are correct.

SLAG
10-17-2005, 03:38 PM
I watch the Game on my HDTV as I listen to it on my little MP3 player/Raido..... and on 101 arrowhead sounded HELLA loud.... I wish i could have been there... I hope its even louder when the Donks come to town

htismaqe
10-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Listening on the radio, it sounded louder than I can remember in recent memory...

Reaper16
10-17-2005, 03:42 PM
I watch the Game on my HDTV as I listen to it on my little MP3 player/Raido..... and on 101 arrowhead sounded HELLA loud.... I wish i could have been there... I hope its even louder when the Donks come to town
Oh, I hope so. The Donks are riding high right now, but need a late season gut check in the form of Arrowhead and the Kansas City Jared Allens.

tk13
Yeah, CBS always has the crowd much, much louder in the mix. I wouldn't go off a FOX telecast to determine crowd sound... that's just the way they do things.

Marcellus

I think Jerrod Allen was the reason we won the game and the reason the crowd was into the game. It was crazy loud during Knight's touchdown scamper up the sideline.

SLAG
10-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Imagine if Dante Could have broke one loose.... wow.. complete meyhem!

BigRedChief
10-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Imagine if Dante Could have broke one loose.... wow.. complete meyhem!

He was one ankle tackle away.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-17-2005, 05:04 PM
on tv after the stealth bomber flew over, they showed a Redskin player going ape shit on their sideline

Calcountry
10-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Late in the game yesterday, I looked at my wife, smiled and said "this is what Arrowhead was like when it got it's reputation". The place was really rocking.

Imagine if as a kid, you ran to the tree on Christmas morning to find no gifts. That goes on for several years. Sooner or later, the notion of Santa stopping by wouldn't get you excited anymore. Yesterday, Chiefs fans woke up on Christmas morning and finally saw Santa wearing a #69 jersey, and Rudolph in #29. It was a Merry Christmas.And the after presents champaign was Priests most awesome run. I saw a lot of heart on that run.

Although I didn't get out of my seat until he crossed the gline, it was like I couldn't believe it, Holmes took one all the way to the house.

CupidStunt
10-17-2005, 07:23 PM
The crowd was friggin' insane week one, I don't know whether it was actually louder on Sunday, but they sure weren't into the game as much from what I could tell.

When we put it in the endzone, the roar wasn't as loud as week one on that big LJ TD.

Maybe it was week one excitement, or maybe just the fact there was very little to quiet the crowd during the game.

I thought that the crowd was very up and down on Sunday. A collective sigh was heard every now and then. I guess it's hard to get really loud after the Skins make the defense look like swiss cheese for 60 or so yards.

Perhaps if there were a few incompletions or stops in there.

jspchief
10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Listening on the radio, it sounded louder than I can remember in recent memory...I'm not going to pretend it was loud from start to finish.

It started loud, but when the Skins walked down the field on the first drive, you could feel the crowd deflating. Through the second and most of the third quarter, it was relatively low key. I think it was the Knight fumble return that really worked the crowd into a rabid mob.

I just know at some point in the fourth qtr, I was grinning ear to ear because the crowd had reached a level I haven't heard in years (since the last Broncos play-off game).

Coach
10-17-2005, 07:46 PM
on tv after the stealth bomber flew over, they showed a Redskin player going ape shit on their sideline

Damn, that bomber just flew right underneath part of the 37forever group were sitting.

That was sweeeeeeet. And loud too. I took this photo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/October%2016th/S3010009.jpg

Iowanian
10-17-2005, 09:33 PM
I thought the crowd was subpar yesterday, until the last drive.....and quite a few left with 3 minutes to go, up by 1 TD, with the Skins having hte ball.

Yung and myself were told to "sit down".....for the opening kickoff. The bottom of 326 barely made a peep the entire game....and I think we were looked down upon for yelling like idiots.

Alot of "first timers' in our section too I think...but alot weren't. Great seats....poor vocals.

There were Too many empty seats yesterday too....a beatiful day for football.

Coach
10-17-2005, 10:01 PM
There were Too many empty seats yesterday too....a beatiful day for football.

Thank you. That's what I was bitching about after the game was over. I was talking to jspchief and Rausch, along with other folks about that, that I was annoyed how many f**king people were out there, trying to sell their tickets.

Seller: "Tickets! Section 110, row 1! Hey kid, you want it?"

Me: "Is it free?"

Seller: "Hell no."

Me: "Fug off then. If you ain't gonna show up to the f**king game, then just give it to someone who wants to go for free. Not to mention the beautiful weather, and a very good Washington team."

:shake:

InChiefsHell
10-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Thank you. That's what I was bitching about after the game was over. I was talking to jspchief and Rausch, along with other folks about that, that I was annoyed how many f**king people were out there, trying to sell their tickets.

Seller: "Tickets! Section 110, row 1! Hey kid, you want it?"

Me: "Is it free?"

Seller: "Hell no."

Me: "Fug off then. If you ain't gonna show up to the f**king game, then just give it to someone who wants to go for free. Not to mention the beautiful weather, and a very good Washington team."

:shake:

Man, that sucks. I can't afford to come down to a game, and now I find out that this crap is going on. :shake:

This team needs to help the crowd stay in it too though. And now we don't have just the D to bitch about, but the O is lacking as well...
:deevee:

tommykat
10-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Yesterday was the first time I said that the crowd was so quiet....Half time changed that, but it was still nothing like it usually is!

StcChief
10-17-2005, 11:54 PM
We were making noise on our end in 122. I could hardly talk later.

Big Slick
10-18-2005, 05:22 PM
He came over and talked to some of us who were hanging out on the rail watching. 2 guys next me were screaming their guts out an hour before the game. I guess that caught Gun's attention.
One of the guys was just going off screaming about how we were going to kick a$$ etc....

I was down on that rail, too, well row 2, those 2 guys were insane! Gun stopped and talked to my 2 kids, that was cool.

As far as the crowd noise goes, we usually sit half way up in the upper deck midfield, but we got some endzone tix so the kids could get that experience. We told them how it was probably going to be louder down there then they were used to.

Nope, not at all.

The wife and I both commented afterwards how we didn't think it was all that loud Sunday, then we hear all the post game comments from coaches and players about how it was rocking so much. Even the guys sitting next to us who always sit down there, they said it wasn't as loud as normal. Strange...