PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Hamlin hospitalized..

Joe Seahawk
10-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Damn. There are unconfirmed reports that he was hit over the head with a pipe at a night club last night and is in critical condition at Harborview with a skull fracture and hemoraging..

So far the Seahawks have declined comment, but will issue a statement at 2:30 PST

The only story so far is this one from the Seattle Times (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002566916_webhamlininjury17.html)

This sucks..

morphius
10-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Didn't they know not to hang out with Chiefs players at bars?

bkkcoh
10-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Expecially kickers..

dirk digler
10-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Damn that is a bad news. I hope he is alright.

StcChief
10-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Hope he's ok. Where was this bar? Geez. the 'hood.

better not tip the division to the Lambs.

Joe Seahawk
10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Hopefully the "unconfirmed reports" are greatly exaggerated.. We'll see I guess..

Simplex3
10-17-2005, 02:15 PM
You'd think these NFL players would figure out that hanging out in s**tty bars in the hood is a bad idea.

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Dang, that sucks. Hope he's okay, Joe.

Lzen
10-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Sounds like something similar to what happened to Paul Pierce a few years ago. :shake:

Joe Seahawk
10-17-2005, 02:58 PM
From Mike Sando's (Seahawk beat writer) blog:

"I did leave a message for Hamlin's current agent. In the meantime, I spoke with Hamlin's former agent, Jason Medlock, a few minutes ago. Medlock said he has been in contact with Hamlin's family and is praying for Hamlin's wellbeing. He did not know the absolute latest on the situation, but he did say that his understanding was that Hamlin had been "jumped" outside a nightclub and knocked out, suffering a serious injury. Medlock said the injuries left Hamlin in intensive care. I have confirmed that through other avenues as well."

update from sando: (http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/)

"UPDATE: Hamlin's current agent, Lawrence Temple, just called me from the Houston airport and made these comments: "I am en route to Seattle right now. There was an altercation last night where Ken got injured. He is in the hospital. The reports I am getting are that he is actually doing a lot better than initially thought. He hit his head at one point. I have not had a chance to talk to Ken yet. But Iím on my way up there. Everything Iím hearing is that that is pretty precautionary (going into ICU). Theyíve been running some tests and things are better than it could have been.""

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 03:01 PM
You'd think these NFL players would figure out that hanging out in s**tty bars in the hood is a bad idea.

But dey gotta keep it gangsta, fo real, G.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2005, 03:02 PM
That sucks for Hamlin, he was a good player at Arkansas and saw him play quite a bit.

Bowser
10-17-2005, 03:02 PM
You need us to send Tynes up there to bust some skulls?

Rain Man
10-17-2005, 03:03 PM
That's not good.

Bowser
But dey gotta keep it gangsta, fo real, G.

What do you want to bet that a woman is in the middle of this?

"Now I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger......."

Chiefs Pantalones
That's not good.

ROFL

Amazing.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 03:05 PM

"Now I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger......."

They aren't messing with no broke..broke..

Simplex3
10-17-2005, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't bet against it.

Joe Seahawk
10-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Here's the latest.

Apparently it was all caught on surveillance video, one of our local news stations is going to show the footage at 5:00

I'm sick of these punk thugs in pioneer square. A few months ago a soldier was brutally beaten at the same club.
I'm sick of these idiots..

Seahawks' Hamlin In Serious Condition After Bar Brawl

October 17, 2005

By KOMO Staff & News Services

SEATTLE - Ken Hamlin of the Seattle Seahawks was in serious but stable condition with head injuries Monday following an early morning fight outside a nightclub.

Hamlin was involved in an altercation with two men who were not in custody, according to police. He had a fractured skull, a small blood clot and bruising of the brain tissue, and would remain in intensive care for the next day or two, team physician Stan Herring said.

"Right now, he is awake intermittently and talking to us," Herring said. "We're going to need more time to see if there is residual problems from bruising of the brain."

He said the most pressing concern is whether the blood clot grows.

According to a police report, Hamlin, a safety, and his girlfriend were leaving the club at about 2 a.m. Monday, several hours after the Seahawks defeated the Houston Texans on Sunday night.

The girlfriend told officers that Hamlin placed his hand on another man's back and said, "Excuse me." The man told Hamlin to stop pushing, and the two men began shoving each other.

Hamlin then punched the man in the face. Another man struck Hamlin with his forearm, knocking him down, before the two men began fighting with other men nearby, the report said. Other witnesses said one of the men hit Hamlin with some sort of street sign.

Witnesses provided the names of two men to police but they were not in custody, Seattle police spokeswoman Debra Brown said Monday.

Hamlin was found lying in an intersection outside the club, surrounded by a crowd of people in downtown Seattle, a few blocks north of Qwest Field. Hamlin told the officers he was in a lot of pain, and when asked what happened, he said, "I don't remember."

The report said Hamlin did not appear intoxicated.

Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said Hamlin called him Monday and apologized. "I didn't feel I should even be talking to him that long. He needs to rest."

"Ken's a popular player on this team. It hit them pretty hard," Holmgren said. "As tough an incident it is, we have to keep goin'."

Hamlin, a third-year veteran from Arkansas, had five tackles in Seattle's 42-10 win.

**EDIT** These are the type of thugs that frequent this place.. (http://www.komotv.com/news/story.asp?ID=38738)

Consistent1
10-17-2005, 10:32 PM
This article from Yahoo doesn't make Hamlin look like such an innocent victim..
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtV6GdYI7sYYh4JclLr5jY05nYcB?slug=ap-seahawks-hamlin&prov=ap&type=lgns

tommykat
10-17-2005, 10:38 PM
http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=3317

Simple easy read..........however, this sucks. Sorry someone is hurt!

Joe Seahawk
10-17-2005, 10:57 PM
This article from Yahoo doesn't make Hamlin look like such an innocent victim..
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtV6GdYI7sYYh4JclLr5jY05nYcB?slug=ap-seahawks-hamlin&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yep, after seeing the surveillance video and hearing the interview with the club owner, Hamlin went after the guy after things had cooled down.

2 guys apparently then took him down and beat him with a stop sign..

Why couldn't he just walk away.. :shake:

Joe Seahawk
10-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Here is the police report with the names redacted

REPORT FILED BY OFFICER R.VACA SAYS:
"On 10-17-05 at 0204 hours while working uniformed patrol with my patrol partner Officer A. Parker, we were dispatched to a disturbance in the area of (redacted) located at 20 1st Ave S. When we arrived I noticed a large crowd of males and females located on the northwest corner of 1st Ave S./S. Main Street.

"I could see various males/females pushing each other and yelling at each other. I immediately notified SPD Radio to send more units to the scene. My partner and I began to disperse the crowd verbally. I then noticed a black male lying on the ground at the same corner of the intersection.

"I immediately approached the male. I noticed he was surround (sic) by various persons trying to render aid. I asked the individuals to step back to allow us to evaluate the victim and relay the information to Seattle Fire. Officer Parker requested Seattle Fire to respond.

"I asked (victim) if he knew what happened. (Redacted) stated to me that his head, neck and chest areas were in severe pain. I asked (redacted) on various occasions if he knew what happened. He said, 'I don't remember.' I asked if he could give me a desription of the person or persons who struck him. (Redacted) said, 'I don't remember.'

"I continued to ask the large crowd around to step back and allow Seattle Fire to treat the victim. (Redacted) did not appear to be intoxicated. Seattle Fire arrived and began treating (redacted).

"While Seattle Fire treated (redacted), I asked if any person saw the assault. Witness (redacted) said she saw the majority of the assault. I spoke to witness (redacted) about the incident. Witness (redacted) is (victim's) girlfriend. (Redacted) said both her and (redacted) were exiting (redacted). (Redacted) was in front of her leading her through the crowd on the sidewalk. (Redacted) said (redacted) placed his right hand on Suspect 1 back area and said, 'Excuse me.' (Redacted) stated (redacted) did not push Suspect 1. (Redacted) said Suspect 1 yelled at (redacted). (Redacted) said Suspect 1 told (redacted) that he was not one of his girls and to stop pushing him. (Redacted) said (redacted) and Suspect 1 began pushing each other. (Redacted) said (redacted) punched Suspect 1 with his right fists (sic), striking Suspect 1 in the face area. (Redacted) said Suspect 2 was standing close by and he approached (redacted). (Redacted) said Suspect 2 began fighting with other males around (redacted). (Redacted) said she did not see any other persons strike (redacted).

"Other persons around the incident approached Officer Parker and stated they knew who the two suspects were involved in the assault. These individuals refused to give Officer Parker contact information. They stated to Officer Parker that one suspect was named (redacted). The other suspect was known to be (redacted). These same persons stated they saw one of the suspects pick up a magnetic street sign and strike (redacted) at least two times on his body while (redacted) was on the ground.

"They could not identify which suspect was the person with the sign. Officer Parker asked these persons for contact information and the persons continued to refuse to release their information. Officers made an area search for suspects with negative results."