PDA

View Full Version : What's the story with Kris Wilson

chiefsfan1963
10-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm in San Diego so I get nothing about what you guys hear locally. Can I get your take on him. I expected a lot from him. Is he a bust?

jynni
10-18-2005, 02:47 PM
That's the idea - you see he's a secret weapon. In fact so secret that even the hometown fans know nothing!

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Kris was born and raised in Lancaster, PA. At the age of...

Oh wait, that's not the story you were looking for...

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Is he a bust?Almost certainly. If a second-year player who missed almost all his first season due to injury hasn't yet made a massive impact by the fifth game of the season, he might as well be cut immediately.

chiefsfan1963
10-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Almost certainly. If a second-year player who missed almost all his first season due to injury hasn't yet made a massive impact by the fifth game of the season, he might as well be cut immediately.

so you are saying that we'll see more of him in the second half of the season? Give him time, he needs more time to develop? or wait til next season? B/c I thought he was supposedly looking good in training camp and was going to be strong out of the gate. which is it?

jspchief
10-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Don't get your hopes up. The coaches have already admitted that he loses the match-up vs DBs (one they hoped he would win).

He's a tweener that will be just as successful as all the other tweeners that failed in the NFL.

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 03:06 PM
so you are saying that we'll see more of him in the second half of the season? Give him time, he needs more time to develop? or wait til next season? B/c I thought he was supposedly looking good in training camp and was going to be strong out of the gate. which is it?

Right now, we've got a Hall of Fame-bound TE that we've struggled to get involved in the game.

Now that Roaf is back, the TE's will catch more passes.

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Kris was born and raised in Lancaster, PA. At the age of...Kris had a typical Dutch childhood, for the most part. He made ice cream, competed in bobsled races, helped his family raise alpacas on the sprawling family farm -- again, the usual. But Kris also knew, even at that early age, that something special was within him. This knowledge he carried with pride for many years.

At the age of 12, after having surgery to remove that something special (it was a Micro Machines™ toy car), Kris and his family set out to return to their duties at the farm. Before arriving, however, they were held up on the road by the infamous Amish pirate Arrrvid Hartzlarrrr and his merry gang of swashbucklers.

They somehow lost their farm in the process due to the strange, unclear workings of Pennsylvania law, but years later, through much hard work, the family had managed to acquire a smaller, more humble farm, and Kris eventually earned a scholarship to play football for Pittsburgh. It was there, during his freshman year, that he met his true love; but this isn't the story of young Kris and his blossoming love of canoeing.

No, this is the tale of a fisherman known as Unlucky Pete, who to this day holds a grudge against poor young, naive Kris. You see, Kris Wilson had no idea that Unlucky Pete was planning on finishing that nearly-empty plate that had been left unattended as Pete went to the restroom. When young Mr. Wilson -- who had taken on a job at a local restaurant to pay for his tuition after quitting football to take up his true passions, canoeing and quilting -- came to the conclusion that Unlucky Pete had finished his meal and gone to pay, he cleaned off the table and prepared it for the next customer.

Despite the fact that it was Kris himself who called 911 and performed CPR on him shortly after he collapsed, Unlucky Pete vowed to never forgive him for his so-called "abuse of a paying customer." But then, this isn't the story of the Unlucky Pete's neverending grudge.

No, this is the story of how Unlucky Pete took in a cat, whom he named Mr. Nelson, one day. Mr. Nelson was a cute cat.

The end.

Cochise
10-18-2005, 03:08 PM
How can he be a bust in the 5th week of what is pretty much his rookie season?

Yeah, he's been invisible so far, but give the kid a break.

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Don't get your hopes up. The coaches have already admitted that he loses the match-up vs DBs (one they hoped he would win).This is the story of the nefarious jspchief, King of Outofcontextland...

chiefsfan1963
10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
How did TG do in his first year?

morphius
10-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I believe he is on the IYAR list, isn't he?

Morphius
Invisable yet Active Roster

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2005, 03:18 PM
How did TG do in his first year?Tony Gonzalez was a normal baby, but also, in many ways, a special baby. Those ways, however, are still classified as part of a CIA project detailing unusual brain wave patterns in infants deemed the "Untitled Unusual Baby Brain Wave Project." Only those who have seen the documents -- or those unfortunate German tourists involved in the incident deemed by the CIA "The Incident of Great Interest: German Tourists Versus Eight-Month-Old" -- truly know just how special a baby Mr. Gonzalez was.

ChiefsFanatic
10-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Ummm, wasted draft pick?

ChiefsCountry
10-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Kris Wilson should get the rock 20 times a game and LJ should get it 30 then the Chiefs would be unstoppable.

morphius
10-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Don't get your hopes up. The coaches have already admitted that he loses the match-up vs DBs (one they hoped he would win).

He's a tweener that will be just as successful as all the other tweeners that failed in the NFL.
I thought it was more of an issue that the Chiefs had hoped that when they put him in the game the D would line a Safety or a LB against him, which would be a mismatch. But since they are not really using him on running downs there is no reason for a D to pretend he is a blocker, so they are going into a nickle D and putting a CB on him which is more of a push then the mismatch they were hoping for.

HemiEd
10-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Almost certainly. If a second-year player who missed almost all his first season due to injury hasn't yet made a massive impact by the fifth game of the season, he might as well be cut immediately.

perfect! ROFL

NaptownChief
10-18-2005, 04:00 PM
How can he be a bust in the 5th week of what is pretty much his rookie season?

Yeah, he's been invisible so far, but give the kid a break.

The biggest adjustment to the NFL is on the mental side. Getting over the awe of being there, getting comfortable with your teammates, getting exposed to the playbook and schemes, adjusting to having money, gaining the confidence that you belong and a handful of other things...Playing time is important but a guy in his second year regardless of actual on the field game time is light years ahead of a true rookie...or at least he should be.

Without question single biggest learning year and devolpment year for a player is from year one to year two and playing time is only a small part of that.

chief99
10-18-2005, 06:04 PM
I thought it was more of an issue that the Chiefs had hoped that when they put him in the game the D would line a Safety or a LB against him, which would be a mismatch. But since they are not really using him on running downs there is no reason for a D to pretend he is a blocker, so they are going into a nickle D and putting a CB on him which is more of a push then the mismatch they were hoping for.

Thats what i heard too.

What good WRs were available when the Chiefs drafted him ?

Deberg_1990
10-18-2005, 09:20 PM
I think hes a bust quite honstly......I think the only hope left for the kid is to move to fullback when T-Rich hangs it up. I thought last year DV and Saunders said he would line up as a fullback as well??? I have yet to see that. Basically is just another case of reaching in the 2nd round for King Carl. What else is new? sigh....

jspchief
10-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Even if Kris Wilson becomes what the team hopes, he still won't be worth a 2nd round pick.

Look up that stats of Chris Cooley (WAS) and Jim Kleinsasser (MIN) to see what an Hback at his best can do. Not much.

BigChiefFan
10-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Where's the secret weapon, Kris Wilson?

Dunit35
10-31-2005, 04:10 PM
I think Wilson should attempt to play WR, lose some weight and see what he can do. Cause he sure aint doing anything at TE. Give him this season and the next. But im guessing hes going to be a bust.

Swanman
10-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Where's the secret weapon, Kris Wilson?

Shhhhh, he's still a secret.

chief99
10-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Didn't Al Saunders push for this guy ?

Jesus what a waste . We needed a WR.

Brock
10-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Even if Kris Wilson becomes what the team hopes, he still won't be worth a 2nd round pick.

Look up that stats of Chris Cooley (WAS) and Jim Kleinsasser (MIN) to see what an Hback at his best can do. Not much.

I guess I expected something more like Antonio Gates. Thus quadrupling my disappointment.

morphius
10-31-2005, 05:19 PM
I think Wilson should attempt to play WR, lose some weight and see what he can do. Cause he sure aint doing anything at TE. Give him this season and the next. But im guessing hes going to be a bust.
Probably would be easier to gain a bit of weight and learn to BLOCK! Of course how many FB's and the like have we had on this team that (we need to coach better's crew) had to dump because we couldn't teach them to block.