PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil on 810 defending McCleon

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 02:17 PM
again ROFL ROFL

"pass interference calls against McCleon were bogus..."

"having Washington in the game instead of Warfield may have saved the game for the chiefs ... "

Count Zarth
10-18-2005, 02:19 PM
I tend to agree with him. The penalties were pretty bad.

The Washington bit is bullshit because Washington was BEAT and Knight broke up the pass.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Chiefs have 3 weeks to either Activate Shawn Barber or IR him for the year.

BigRedChief
10-18-2005, 02:21 PM
again ROFL ROFL"having Washington in the game instead of Warfield may have saved the game for the chiefs ... "
http://www.forumspile.com/OMFG-Cat.jpg
DV needs to quit drinking the kool-aid.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 02:23 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/OMFG-Cat.jpg
DV needs to quit drinking the kool-aid.

ROFL ROFL

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Maybe Vermeil is just trying to make his defensive coaches look good for deactivating Warfield.

:p

siberian khatru
10-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Did he mention anything about the size of Jared Allen's penis?

Cochise
10-18-2005, 02:28 PM

The Washington bit is bullshit because Washington was BEAT and Knight broke up the pass.

Agreed on both counts. Not that he played well, but the penalties were questionable and washington was worse.

angel
10-18-2005, 02:29 PM
:)

ptlyon
10-18-2005, 02:30 PM

"It was... OUTSTANDING!!!"

[insert that goofy pic of DV here]

sedated
10-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Grandpa has lost it.

Has he gone blind, or just stupid?

SLAG
10-18-2005, 02:39 PM
did he mention anything about glibert brown on 810?

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 02:48 PM
did he mention anything about glibert brown on 810?
no

dirk digler
10-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Q: Is Dexter McCleon a liability?

VERMEIL: “No, the coaches don’t consider him one and I don’t. He had two penalties called on (vs. Washington) him for pass interference and neither one of them were penalties. In our evaluation they weren’t.”

Q: Is it your idea to get Warfield more reps at practice this week?

VERMEIL: “I told him that last week. I told him we didn’t get him enough reps and enough exposure. As it turned out, Dewayne Washington gets one-on-one on Santana Moss and they go after him and he covers him. That could have been Eric Warfield and he may not have been ready. So we can go back and justify our decision, not because he didn’t physically try to get ready but because he hadn’t played. It’s a lot different than if you’re up there in a defensive line position.”

dsgreene285
10-18-2005, 02:56 PM
"and they go after him and he covers him"

What game was DV watching?

keg in kc
10-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Wow, a head coach defending his players. Hear something new every day.

tk13
10-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Wow, a head coach defending his players. Hear something new every day.
Actually I see it as more of having Gunther's back.

Coach
10-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Vermeil, give us all a f*cking break. I saw your boy toy Dexter did a great job on the interception play during the Philly game, but what about the rest of the game?

What about all the flaming burns during the last game at home against the Skins?

Please, do us all a favor and get Eric Warfield BACK THE F**K ON THE FIELD! It doesn't take a f**king rocket scientist to figure that out. :shake:

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Vermeil, give us all a f*cking break. I saw your boy toy Dexter did a great job on the interception play during the Philly game, but what about the rest of the game?

What about all the flaming burns during the last game at home against the Skins?

Please, do us all a favor and get Eric Warfield BACK THE F**K ON THE FIELD! It doesn't take a f**king rocket scientist to figure that out. :shake:

You might want to yell at Gunther. He's the one that doesn't want Warfield on the field...

Coach
10-18-2005, 03:27 PM
You might want to yell at Gunther. He's the one that doesn't want Warfield on the field...

Yes, I'm aware of that the defensive coaches didn't want Warfield active. However, Vermeil is the head coach. Vermeil's gotta buck up! If Vermeil wanted Warfield on special teams, then he should have demanded it, period, regardless of what the defensive coaches want. How useful would it have been to have Warfield suited up especially after his boy, Dexter went down with a supposed injury?

If it was all the defensive coaches choice to start Dexter and not activate Warfield, then what was all the glowing talk Vermeil had of Dexter earlier this week? About how Dex has 'earned it' to start and 'who says that Warfield will start when he returns'. Give me a break.

Tell me this. If Warfield was number 1 corner last year, Bartee number 2, and ex-Ram Super Bowl champ Dexter number 3, then what happened between last year and this year to turn it all upside down, despite Warfield's off-the-field issues? I've just about had it with Dick's infamous insane loyalty.

Cochise
10-18-2005, 03:33 PM
"and they go after him and he covers him"

What game was DV watching?

I don't think it was Washington's fault that Moss got that screen. Subtract the screen and he has 100 yds and a TD on the day. Good but not a huge, killer day.

Cochise
10-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Yes, I'm aware of that the defensive coaches didn't want Warfield active. However, Vermeil is the head coach. Vermeil's gotta buck up! ... I've just about had it with Dick's infamous insane loyalty.

So you're saying that Vermeil's loyalty is killing us and he is incompetent, but you want him to take MORE control over the defense?

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Yes, I'm aware of that the defensive coaches didn't want Warfield active. However, Vermeil is the head coach. Vermeil's gotta buck up! If Vermeil wanted Warfield on special teams, then he should have demanded it, period, regardless of what the defensive coaches want. How useful would it have been to have Warfield suited up especially after his boy, Dexter went down with a supposed injury?

If it was all the defensive coaches choice to start Dexter and not activate Warfield, then what was all the glowing talk Vermeil had of Dexter earlier this week? About how Dex has 'earned it' to start and 'who says that Warfield will start when he returns'. Give me a break.

Tell me this. If Warfield was number 1 corner last year, Bartee number 2, and ex-Ram Super Bowl champ Dexter number 3, then what happened between last year and this year to turn it all upside down, despite Warfield's off-the-field issues? I've just about had it with Dick's infamous insane loyalty.

Dexter was the #2 last year. He was injured.

As for Vermeil, everybody here was screaming for him to leave the defense alone. Now that he does it, everybody is screaming that he shouldn't.

So which is it?

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 03:38 PM
So you're saying that Vermeil's loyalty is killing us and he is incompetent, but you want him to take MORE control over the defense?

That's EXACTLY what he's saying.

ExtremeChief
10-18-2005, 03:39 PM

As for Vermeil, everybody here was screaming for him to leave the defense alone. Now that he does it, everybody is screaming that he shouldn't.

So which is it?

STOP.USING.LOGIC.HOMER.

Coach
10-18-2005, 03:40 PM

So which is it?

Ok, Dexter was #2 last year. Thank you for incorrecting my mistake there.

Well, Vermeil doesn't know shit about defense, I can assume that much. However, he should know, that Warfield is CLEARLY, the better player than Dexter anyday, anytime.

Oh well.

dsgreene285
10-18-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't think it was Washington's fault that Moss got that screen. Subtract the screen and he has 100 yds and a TD on the day. Good but not a huge, killer day.

I agree...but I was referring to DV statement that Washington had Moss covered on the last play of the game.

Coach
10-18-2005, 03:41 PM

I am saying that Vermeils loyality is killing us.

I am not saying that I want him to take more control on the defense. I am trying to say that Vermeil SHOULD know, himself, that Warfield is clearly the better player than Dexter.

That is all.

tk13
10-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok, Dexter was #2 last year. Thank you for incorrecting my mistake there.

Well, Vermeil doesn't know shit about defense, I can assume that much. However, he should know, that Warfield is CLEARLY, the better player than Dexter anyday, anytime.

Oh well.
He does know that. He's the one who actually wanted to make him active.

He wasn't the guy who told Julian Battle in a team meeting that he wanted him to take away Warfield's job this year.

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 03:45 PM
It's not everyday you can hear such sound logic as:

"Dick Vermeil knows nothing about defense. He should take more control of the defense."

Oh wait, this is Chiefs Planet...

kepp
Vermeil: Jared is a special, special man.

Cochise
That's EXACTLY what he's saying.

What if next week Warfield starts, and on the first play of the game gets torched for a TD. Maybe since he hasn't covered a receiver since training camp and looked bad even back then, he bites hard on a double move and someone goes right by him.

I don't want it to happen, I hope he starts and shuts his man down, but the comedic value of that could not be understated. There would be threads instantly back to "Vermeil keep your hands off the D! Gun knows what he's doing! Gosh!"

tk13
10-18-2005, 03:48 PM
I am sick and f***ing tired of hearing how Vermeil is the guy keeping Warfield down.

His only inkling came during a meeting last week when Cunningham approached Battle. In front of the rest of the defensive players, Warfield included, Cunningham told Battle, “I want you to take his starting spot.”

A startled Warfield began to think the demotion was a prelude to his release. His $3.3 million base salary is hardly prohibitive for the Chiefs but still makes him an inviting target.

“I took (Cunningham’s statement to Battle) as a motivational deal for me,” Warfield said. “I don’t know what else he could have meant by that. I thought there was some animosity towards me, maybe because of what I had done.”

dsgreene285
10-18-2005, 03:50 PM
What if next week Warfield starts, and on the first play of the game gets torched for a TD. Maybe since he hasn't covered a receiver since training camp and looked bad even back then, he bites hard on a double move and someone goes right by him.

I don't want it to happen, I hope he starts and shuts his man down, but the comedic value of that could not be understated. There would be threads instantly back to "Vermeil keep your hands off the D! Gun knows what he's doing! Gosh!"

Great point!

In the end, they won the game which is all that matters. For Week 6, at least, it's hard to question any of the coaching staff's moves.

Frazod
10-18-2005, 03:58 PM
:banghead:

Dick is insane. It's really that simple.

The ONLY good thing McPasson did on Sunday was get injured in time for his back-up to come in and stop the bleeding.

McPasson needs to go. Anyone who has no problem with McPasson wearing a Chiefs uniform needs to go with him.

Raiderhader
10-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Wow. This thread is just wow.

RedThat
10-18-2005, 05:10 PM
"having Washington in the game instead of Warfield may have saved the game for the chiefs ... "

THIS IS COMPLETE BULLSH*T!!!

You are so f*cking stupid Vermeil. Dammit
:banghead:

For real, stop drinking the kool aid, and OPEN your eyes and realize, Dewayne Washington nearly cost us the game tying touchdown against the Skins. He was burnt crisp badly by Santana Moss even a blind man saw that! Sammy Knight should receive the praise, he broke up that pass at the end, had he not been there Santana Moss easily beats Dewayne Washington for the touchdown.

*Vermeil can't be this f*ckn stupid! He has to be saying this sh*t on purpose for whatever reason I dont know? Come on dickhead we aint THAT dumb. you aint fool'n anybody.

Saulbadguy
10-18-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't really listen to these press conferences. I think DV just says these things to **** with you guys.

SLAG
10-18-2005, 05:14 PM
I don't really listen to these press conferences. I think DV just says these things to **** with you guys.
:toast: Ill drink to that

stevieray
10-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Wow. This thread is just wow.

I hear that.

It's weird...we talk about these players and coaches like they aren't real., like they are actors in play where we can rewrite the script.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 05:31 PM

Virtually every post you make is telling someone how they shouldn't have an opinion on a opinion BBS ... what kind of retard are you.

i nominate cocheeze as the biggest asshat on the cPlanet(i guess it wasn't DC that was making your a fargin' SOB afterall)

thank god for iggy ... click

Saulbadguy
10-18-2005, 05:35 PM
i nominate cocheeze as the biggest asshat on the cPlanet

Heh. I nominate Laz for the most annoying sig on the planet. Get it under control.

Saulbadguy
10-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Virtually every post you make is telling someone how they shouldn't have an opinion on a opinion BBS ... what kind of retard are you.

People have a right to an opinion, as long as its not ****ing retarded.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Heh. I nominate Laz for the most annoying sig on the planet. Get it under control.
thaaank u, thank u veery much grob

it's not annoying if you like girls ... rump ranger :thailor:

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Get it under control.
blow yourself

Saulbadguy
10-18-2005, 05:38 PM
thaaank u, thank u veery much grob

it's not annoying if you like girls ... rump ranger :thailor:

It violates the signature guidelines, and its all animated. I can appreciate a piece of ass as much as the next guy, but don't need to see the same damned annoying animated gif on every thread.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 05:41 PM
It violates the signature guidelines, and its all animated. I can appreciate a piece of ass as much as the next guy, but don't need to see the same damned annoying animated gif on every thread.the fact that is irritates you and goatcheese must mean is an outstanding sig.

Count Zarth
10-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Make a poll. Laz's sig is out of control. Then go smoke a bowl.

Raiderhader
10-18-2005, 05:42 PM

i nominate cocheeze as the biggest asshat on the cPlanet(i guess it wasn't DC that was making your a fargin' SOB afterall)

Laz, quit telling Cochise that he shouldn't be allowed his opinions.

Asshat award = Laz

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 05:49 PM
defending your man... how cute

aren't you the pivote man between ioweenie and cocheese ... how's that working for ya?

fart and swallow or swallow and fart?

Count Zarth
10-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Laz, change your sig, it's out of control.

Raiderhader
10-18-2005, 05:56 PM
defending your man... how cute

aren't you the pivote man between ioweenie and cocheese ... how's that working for ya?

fart and swallow or swallow and fart?

I guess this is how one responds when one has been shown to be a hypocrite. Better to try and make a funny and hope no one notices, or at least forgets.

Cochise
10-18-2005, 06:02 PM

Asshat award = Laz

ROFL

I dont remember telling anyone that they shouldn't have an opinion... I remember having an alternate one and posting that though. :hmmm:

But I finally won something PBJ

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I guess this is how one responds when one has been shown to be a hypocrite. Better to try and make a funny and hope no one notices, or at least forgets.
not at all ...

i just figured that if you couldn't see the difference between "sharing football opinions on a football board" vrs "your opinion IS to attack everyone else's opinion on a football board"
then it really wasn't worth the time talking about it.

you wanted to talk smack defending your boy, so i did.

but i digress ... please don't let me interrupt your sucking duties ...

carry on.

Raiderhader
10-18-2005, 06:03 PM
ROFL

I dont remember telling anyone that they shouldn't have an opinion... I remember having an alternate one and posting that though. :hmmm:

But I finally won something PBJ

I know, that was originally going to be my point, but I thought the hypocrisy route would be more fun, and scathing.

Raiderhader
10-18-2005, 06:08 PM
not at all ...

i just figured that if you couldn't see the difference between "sharing football opinions on a football board" vrs "your opinion IS to attack everyone else's opinion on a football board"
then it really wasn't worth the time talking about it.

Uhm, people constantly try to prove their opinions correct on here by disproving the other guys'. But the only one I see you having a problem with doing so is Cochise. Parker did the exact same thing in this very thread. What's the matter, ain't ya' got the balls to go after a mod?

you wanted to talk smack defending your boy, so i did.

HAHAHA! YOU were the one talking smack to "my boy", I merely responded in the manner that YOU chose.

but i digress ... please don't let me interrupt your sucking duties ...

carry on.

Yeah, your mom gets impatient when I ignore her titties for very long, guess I better get back on the job....

Count Zarth
10-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Laz, change your sig.

Calcountry
10-18-2005, 06:28 PM

The Washington bit is bullshit because Washington was BEAT and Knight broke up the pass.The first time I saw that, I thought he had decent coverage, but I looked at it again, and he was clearly beat, and before they cut away to commercial, bonus footage showed Knight slapping him in the head, as in, don't let that chit happen again kid, but its all good right now, I got your back.

Calcountry
10-18-2005, 06:32 PM

Please, do us all a favor and get Eric Warfield BACK THE F**K ON THE FIELD! It doesn't take a f**king rocket scientist to figure that out. :shake:The interception thrown by philly to him, he was 15 yards off and backpedaling from the get and he turned and went into a full sprent 5 yards before he got there, and the ball was overthrown. Damn right he should have intercepted it.

It is just that kind of coverage that allows them to run the receiver down to the first down mark on 3rd and 15 and get a first down any time they need one.

Calcountry
10-18-2005, 06:34 PM
STOP.USING.LOGIC.HOMER.Yeah you fuggin N00b. :p

OldTownChief
10-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Laz, change your sig.

Right Click = Adblock Image = Mozilla Firefox

I loved that sig at first but now I don't see it.

Count Zarth
10-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Right Click = Adblock Image = Mozilla Firefox

I loved that sig at first but now I don't see it.

Yeah, that's terrific if you want every image from imageshack to also be blocked.

OldTownChief
10-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah, that's terrific if you want every image from imageshack to also be blocked.

Not True... I use it all the time and I can still see all yours. Don't use wildcards.

OldTownChief
10-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Not True... I use it all the time and I can still see all yours. Don't use wildcards.

also use AdBlock Image NOT Block Images From

Cochise
10-18-2005, 06:58 PM

It's a FireFox extension, pretty cool. You can setup whatever filters to block individual images.

http://adblock.mozdev.org/

OldTownChief
10-18-2005, 07:03 PM
It's a FireFox extension, pretty cool. You can setup whatever filters to block individual images.

:thumb: Cool I asumed he had the extention but just wasn't quite up to speed on using it.

beavis
10-18-2005, 07:04 PM

So which is it?
I really hope you aren't suggesting that not dressing Warfield was the correct decision.

SNR
10-18-2005, 07:26 PM
I vote in favor of making Laz change his sig. One slow gif is enough. Three is murder.

What about a nice little jpeg of azz? When did they become unfashionable? Does everything have to be newer, better, faster? In this case, the gif is slower, slower, slower. And stupid becasue it ruins my planet scrolling capabilities.

Change it.

the Talking Can
10-18-2005, 07:51 PM

thank you...that is awesome

I don't need to see a sig that screams "I'm heterosexual..really, I swear..."

kcfanintitanhell
10-18-2005, 08:01 PM

VERMEIL: “No, the coaches don’t consider him one and I don’t. He had two penalties called on (vs. Washington) him for pass interference and neither one of them were penalties. In our evaluation they weren’t.”

I found this response kinda strange-at the end of the year is there some sort of award given out to the player who was had the most internally-evaluated penalties overturned?
Is there a different colored flag that DV can throw out at the beginning of next week's game to inform the refs that the two calls the previous week against Dex were evaluated by the entire coaching staff, and were bogus?
I haven't the chance to watch the replay, but what I saw Sunday did nothing to overturn those calls.

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 07:48 AM
I really hope you aren't suggesting that not dressing Warfield was the correct decision.

ROFL

On the contrary. Not dressing Warfield was an extremely BAD decision.

But it wasn't VERMEIL'S decision.

Vermil said he wanted Warfield active.

Gunther and the defensive coaches said "no" and Vermeil relented.

What my post illustrates is just how absurd the logic is here on the Planet.

EVERYBODY whined about Dick and said the best thing for this defense was to let Gunther make the decisions and for Dick to keep completely out of it.

So Vermeil did JUST THAT. He let Gunther make the decision and stayed out of it.

Of course, since that decision was WRONG, it wasn't Gunther's fault, it was Vermeil's, because Vermeil should have overruled the DC and made Warfield active anyway.

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Uhm, people constantly try to prove their opinions correct on here by disproving the other guys'. But the only one I see you having a problem with doing so is Cochise. Parker did the exact same thing in this very thread. What's the matter, ain't ya' got the balls to go after a mod?

He gave me negative rep instead. It's a much easier way to say he knows I'm right, and he doesn't like it, without actually having to admit it in public.

BigRedChief
10-19-2005, 07:56 AM
info from an article on most overpaid players in the NFL:

6. CB Eric Warfield, Kansas City Chiefs
2004 salary: $2.5M base, $0 signing bonus, $3.0M total, $3.7M cap value

2005 base salary: $3.3M

In 2002, the Chiefs signed Warfield to a seven-year contract worth $27 million, including a $5 million signing bonus. Since then, the Chiefs' secondary has annually been one of the league's worst teams when it comes to giving up yardage to opposing No. 1 receivers. The fact that defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham prefers to leave his cornerbacks in man coverage certainly doesn't play to Warfield's strengths.

But that hasn't been a problem so far in 2005 because of Warfield's four-game suspension for a DUI conviction.

Warfield's base salary makes him the fifth-highest-paid cornerback in the league this season, which sounds a tad high for someone who could end up as the dime back. And just in case you need more proof that Warfield is overpaid, consider this: While under house arrest for a previous DUI conviction in 2001, his Martha Stewart-inspired tracking bracelet would occasionally go off when he strayed too far down one of the wings in his mansion.

milkman
10-19-2005, 08:10 AM

I found this response kinda strange-at the end of the year is there some sort of award given out to the player who was had the most internally-evaluated penalties overturned?
Is there a different colored flag that DV can throw out at the beginning of next week's game to inform the refs that the two calls the previous week against Dex were evaluated by the entire coaching staff, and were bogus?
I haven't the chance to watch the replay, but what I saw Sunday did nothing to overturn those calls.

Those penalties against McPassOn were tickytack at the very least.

Others have referred to them as bogus, and think that is a very apt description.

milkman
10-19-2005, 08:18 AM

In 2002, the Chiefs signed Warfield to a seven-year contract worth $27 million, including a $5 million signing bonus. Since then, the Chiefs' secondary has annually been one of the league's worst teams when it comes to giving up yardage to opposing No. 1 receivers. The fact that defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham prefers to leave his cornerbacks in man coverage certainly doesn't play to Warfield's strengths.

But that hasn't been a problem so far in 2005 because of Warfield's four-game suspension for a DUI conviction.

Warfield's base salary makes him the fifth-highest-paid cornerback in the league this season, which sounds a tad high for someone who could end up as the dime back. And just in case you need more proof that Warfield is overpaid, consider this: While under house arrest for a previous DUI conviction in 2001, his Martha Stewart-inspired tracking bracelet would occasionally go off when he strayed too far down one of the wings in his mansion.

While I agree that Warfield is overpaid, whoever wrote this has no freakin' clue.

Warfield's strength is man coverage.
He struggles in zone.

The fact that our secondary is among the worst at giving up yards to #1 receivers is refelective of the fact that Gun is a moron who won't move corners from side to side, allowing the opponents to dictate matchups.

I guess the fact that Moss, Moss and Owens have put up big numbers against McPassOn this season is a direct reflection of Surtain's performance according to the moron that wrote this stupid shit.

If you don't actually watch the team, don't make stupid assumptions you ****in' idiot.

That last line is directed at the writer, not you BRC.

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 08:20 AM

ROFL

Swanman
10-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Those penalties against McPassOn were tickytack at the very least.

Others have referred to them as bogus, and think that is a very apt description.

One thing to consider is that if Mcthrowtomysideofthefielduntilyourarmfallsoffon was a decent corner, those calls might not go against him. The ref probably saw good coverage by him and threw the flag because he knew some penalty would have to occur for that to happen.