PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Chargers acquired AJ Feely in a trade.

Simplex3
10-18-2005, 03:19 PM
No link, it was heard on 1570 WNST in Baltimore. This must mean they have somewhere to send Rivers. Too bad it won't be here.

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 03:20 PM
I don't want Rivers. He's not mechanically sound, IMO, and will never be a top-flite NFL QB...

Claynus
10-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Today is the trade deadline, so maybe Rivers is headed somewhere.

Claynus
10-18-2005, 03:23 PM
San Diego gave up Cleo Lemon and a draft pick.

Rain Man
10-18-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm scratching my head about how the Chargers got a draft pick instead of Miami. Who the heck is Cleo Lemon?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5003754

Chargers deal Lemon for Feeley
Story Tools: Print Email XML
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 43 minutes ago

The San Diego Chargers traded a quarterback today ... but it wasn't Philip Rivers.

Sources have told FOXSports.com that the Dolphins have agreed on a trade with the Chargers that sent their former starting quarterback A.J. Feeley and a sixth-round pick to San Diego for their third-string quarterback Cleo Lemon.
Feeley and Jay Fielder split starting duties under the Dave Wannstedt-Rick Spielman regime, but Feeley never lived up to the promise he showed as a backup in Philadelphia. In 2004, Feeley completed just 53.7 percent of his passes for 1,893 yards. He also threw more interceptions (15) than he did touchdown passes (11).

Feeley lost out on the starter's job to Gus Frerotte during training camp and has, in fact, been relegated to emergency third quarterback status for most of the season. He has not thrown a single pass in the regular season this year.

Of course, neither has Lemon, who has spent the last two seasons backing up both Rivers and Chargers starter Drew Brees.

Claynus
The Chargers also traded Tony Fonoti to Minnesota for a 7th rounder.

Simplex3
I don't want Rivers. He's not mechanically sound, IMO, and will never be a top-flite NFL QB...
I've given up on trying to decide if a QB is good or not until they've actually played in the NFL. And sometimes I won't make that call until they've been with at least two teams (Steve Young, Brett Favre).

Bowser
10-18-2005, 03:25 PM
What's the trade deadline time? 3pm Eastern? 11:59 Eastern?

Need to know how much time we have to get Richard Seymour......

ChiefsGirl
10-18-2005, 03:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2195073

Claynus
10-18-2005, 03:26 PM
The trades are flying fast and furious now. The Bucaneers traded for QB Tim Rattay since Brian Griese is out for the year.

Simplex3
10-18-2005, 03:27 PM
What's the trade deadline time? 3pm Eastern? 11:59 Eastern?

Need to know how much time we have to get Richard Seymour......
Depends. What time do we get a coach that gives a s**t about defense?

Bowser
10-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Depends. What time do we get a coach that gives a s**t about defense?

I'm thinking about the same time we get Seymour in a trade.

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 03:29 PM
I've given up on trying to decide if a QB is good or not until they've actually played in the NFL. And sometimes I won't make that call until they've been with at least two teams (Steve Young, Brett Favre).

The one thing about Rivers that separates him from all of those names is the actual mechanics of his release. I think he's a good athlete and probably could be a good QB, but I think he's an extreme injury risk, rather than a potential bust...

Thig Lyfe
10-18-2005, 03:32 PM
wow. this is an unusual amount of trades with an unusual amount of players that people have heard of.

Rain Man
10-18-2005, 03:33 PM

Wow. That was a fast fall for a first-round pick.

Simplex3
10-18-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm thinking about the same time we get Seymour in a trade.
I believe we have a "chicken or the egg" problem here.

Bowser
10-18-2005, 03:37 PM
I believe we have a "chicken or the egg" problem here.

I'm garbage with quantum physics.

Mr. Kotter
10-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Any news of the Tommie Harris for Junior Siavii, and Terrence Newman for Dexter McCleon trades Nick Anthan hs reported?

Pitt Gorilla
10-18-2005, 03:42 PM
I thought Fonoti was pretty good. What happened?

Claynus
10-18-2005, 03:44 PM

I think he had a contract situation or something.

HolmeZz
10-18-2005, 03:45 PM
A 7th rounder for Fonuti is a steal.

Frankie
10-18-2005, 03:48 PM
A 7th rounder for Fonuti is a steal.
Not if he's FA next year.

HolmeZz
10-18-2005, 03:54 PM

ChiefsGirl
10-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Any news of the Tommie Harris for Junior Siavii, and Terrence Newman for Dexter McCleon trades Nick Anthan hs reported?

I guess the Ty Law for Eric Warfield trade didn't happen either? :(

HolmeZz
10-18-2005, 03:55 PM

a) The Vikings have a TON of cap room. They can pay him, which is what SD didn't want to do. He's a great run blocker, just what Minny needs.

b) Even if they couldn't get anything worked out, it's a friggin 7th rounder. Considering the Chargers should've been able to squeeze a 4th or possible 3rd out of someone, the Vikes made out well.

Frankie
10-18-2005, 04:41 PM
a)
Considering the Chargers should've been able to squeeze a 4th or possible 3rd out of someone, the Vikes made out well.
Actually the Chiefs in the same situation would have let the guy go for free. We have seen too many cases like that. So the Bolts didn't do that badly either.

HolmeZz
10-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Actually the Chiefs in the same situation would have let the guy go for free. We have seen too many cases like that. So the Bolts didn't do that badly either.

Just because the Chiefs would do something doesn't mean the Chargers did well, but just for the sake of an argument, name an instance.

Deberg_1990
10-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Its cool with me..AJ Feely sucks ass.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm scratching my head about how the Chargers got a draft pick instead of Miami. Who the heck is Cleo Lemon?
IIRC Lemon looked pretty good in preseason

i think he was undrafted

cool_brees
10-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Fonoti has had weight issues for just about the entire time he's been with San Diego. He's been late for the past two training camps because of this problem.

Right now he's injured. He broke a bone in one of his hands and had a metal plate inserted into it to help speed up the healing. He played in the Bronco game with a cast but was benched in the second half because he was missing assignments.

He then went against the team and had surgery, which put him out for an indefinite amount of time.

My guess is that the front office has had enough of all the conflict between them and him. He is a devistating run blocker but is a little shakey in pass protection. His backup/replacement, Kris Dielman has really stepped up and impressed everyone. He has a pretty nasty streak and brings a lot of agressiveness to the offensive line now.

I heard a rumor after the trade that he weighed in at 408 pounds last week. The Chargers want him around 360, which he's been having trouble keeping at for several years.

chagrin
10-18-2005, 06:34 PM

Tony Tony Fonoti, banana fana Fonoti, Fee Fie Fo-no-tti...umm, yeah...ok nevermind...