PDA

View Full Version : Some Fairly Incredible Stats from TMQ

Simplex3
10-18-2005, 04:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8978905

Stats of the Week: Houston has not led this season.

Stats of the Week No. 2: Houston is the only team that has not recovered an opponent's fumble.

Stats of the Week No. 3: Running back LaDainian Tomlinson has as many touchdown passes as opening-day quarterbacks Kyle Boller, J.P. Losman, Patrick Ramsey and Kurt Warner combined. Stat submitted by Adam Hillebrand of Akron, Ohio.

Stats of the Week No. 4: Shaun Alexander scored more touchdowns on Sunday than the offenses of Baltimore, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Jersey/A and Minnesota combined. Stat submitted by Vikram Rao of Raleigh, N.C.

Stats of the Week No. 6: Jake Delhomme threw four touchdown passes in a span of 7:26 -- two to his teammates and two to Detroit defenders.

Stats of the Week No. 8: Result of three consecutive dropbacks for St. Louis quarterback Jamie Martin -- interception, sack, interception.

Stats of the Week No. 9: Washington has not beaten an AFC team in more than two years.

Bowser
10-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Easterbrook's TMQ is usually pretty entertaining.

How bad are the Texans?

Count Alex's Losses
10-18-2005, 04:45 PM
We are just going to rape Houston, in their own house no less. I am SO GLAD I am going to that game, because the network will cut away to another game after we build a 28-point lead.

Simplex3
10-18-2005, 04:47 PM
How bad are the Texans?
It's even more amazing when you consider they shouldn't be rebuilding yet. The team isn't freaking old enough to need a rebuild.

Hoover
10-18-2005, 04:51 PM
its called Offensive linemen. the Lions have the same problem. You have to invest in the Oline, those 2 teams don't and it shows. I think if T.O. and Randy Moss were on the Lions or Texans both teams would have the same records.

ZootedGranny
10-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Other Chiefs notes from the TMQ article:

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img8975980.jpg

Cheerleader of the Week: Emanuele Fadini of Turin, Italy, nominates Charlia of the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kcchiefs.com/cheerleader/charlia), a dance instructor who majored in public relations at Central Missouri State University. According to her team bio, Charlia is interested in Egyptian art and, as a child, watched the movie Howard the Duck over and over. Good grief, Charlia, it's amazing your brain still works! Also according to her bio, the habit Charlia wishes she could break is procrastination. Well, you'll get around to quitting that someday. Declining temperatures note: With the weather changing, cheer-babe professionalism now comes into play. Kickoff temperature 66 degrees at Arrowhead on Sunday, the Kansas City cheerleaders nonetheless came out in their hot-weather outfits, which are barely more than bikinis. This display of cheerleader professionalism appeased the football gods, who rewarded the Chiefs with victory.

Beast Blocks: Over in Kansas City, game tied in the fourth, Priest Holmes took a screen pass 60 yards for the winning touchdown behind fantastic downfield blocks from receivers Dante Hall and Tony Gonzalez. Bill Walsh pulled receivers out of the game if they did not block like crazy when teammates had the ball: Walsh had it right. Federal deficit note: that B2 bomber, based at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri, sure looked impressive passing over Arrowhead before the Skins-Chiefs collision started. But please tell me the Chiefs or the league paid the operating cost for this flight; please don't tell me the federal taxpayer was billed for an NFL promotion.

KCChiefsMan
10-18-2005, 05:13 PM
We are just going to rape Houston, in their own house no less. I am SO GLAD I am going to that game, because the network will cut away to another game after we build a 28-point lead.

I dont know about that, my plan is to pick up David Carr and Andre Johnson off of waivers on my fantasy team for that week and let the good times roll

Simplex3
10-18-2005, 05:14 PM
I dont know about that, my plan is to pick up David Carr and Andre Johnson off of waivers on my fantasy team for that week and let the good times roll
ROFL Keep me informed on how that works out for you.

Count Alex's Losses
10-18-2005, 05:34 PM

Carr won't have time to throw it.

4th and Long
10-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Carr won't have time to throw it.
Ya think? Carr has been sacked 30 times already this season and lost a whopping 204 yards because of it.

30 TIMES! 204 YARDS! ROFL

Dunit35
10-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Im not sure why they didnt draft an OL with their 1st 2 picks in the draft this year.