PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen's performance analyzed on Playbook

Wallcrawler
10-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Coming up next on NFL Network for anyone interested.

RedThat
10-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Coming up next on NFL Network for anyone interested.

Sure man. Thank you for the post appreciate it. Keep us informed.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 06:18 PM
They're showing some Dolphins highlights right now. Or rather, low lights.

Their offensive line is HORRIBLE. Just dreadful. Our D-line should have its best game of the season.

RedThat
10-18-2005, 06:19 PM
They're showing some Dolphins highlights right now. Or rather, low lights.

Their offensive line is HORRIBLE. Just dreadful. Our D-line should have its best game of the season.

I hope your right gc. Our D-line could use a breakthough game. A little bit of confidence will help.

Eleazar
10-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I wish I could remember what play it was, but I remember seeing a replay of him just abusing the running back who was pass blocking, and then going inside the LT to the QB.

I never thought I would see him looking at double teams, much less still getting to the QB, but it's nice to see a pass rusher in red :clap:

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 06:25 PM
I hope your right gc. Our D-line could use a breakthough game. A little bit of confidence will help.

They've got to be really confident after the Skins game. I thought it was the D-line's best game of the year. Gunther challenged them during the week and it showed.

RedThat
10-18-2005, 06:33 PM
They've got to be really confident after the Skins game. I thought it was the D-line's best game of the year. Gunther challenged them during the week and it showed.

I agree. It was all Allen though. I noticed Browning fed off his energy, and played a solid game. Those 2 guys stood out. If Allen keeps playing like this, maybe Browning will be a factor as well. Im happy for those guys. As for the other guys, well....there just not so good. Hicks mainly needs to step up, but we all know that aint happening
:rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Nah, it was Dalton and Wilkerson too. On Browning's sack, he cleaned up after Dalton got penetration and almost made the sack himself. DV said Browning could have had a sack on another play. I noticed Wilkerson in the backfield quite a bit too from the defensive tackle spot.

Sadly, I didn't see much of Hicks. I guess he's been stout against the run though.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 06:35 PM
It's on now.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Lame. They showed his 3 sacks and said "Jared Allen is good!"

Wallcrawler
10-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Basicly just showed Allen's plays, and commented on his great work ethic. Wilcots said Allen was a farm boy and put in work like a farmhand does and made great plays for the defense.

The one sack/ff on Mark Brunell where he forced Brunell to step up into the pocket and take off running, and then Allen ran him down and hit him in the back was the most impressive play in my opinion.

stevieray
10-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Damn, I wish Sims was healthy. I'm really hoping he doesn't need surgery, and somehow makes it back this season.

Warfield will eventually be starting. I believe in the latter half of the season, the D will be rolling.

leviw
10-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Lame. They showed his 3 sacks and said "Jared Allen is good!"
...and "he's a farmboy!" :shake:

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Damn, I wish Sims was healthy.

Yep. Having two guys that can get after the QB would have been nice.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Oh man. The Skins punter laid out Marc Boerigter. Not pretty. ROFL

Eleazar
10-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Damn, I wish Sims was healthy. I'm really hoping he doesn't need surgery, and somehow makes it back this season.

Warfield will eventually be starting. I believe in the latter half of the season, the D will be rolling.

I am hoping for gradual improvement as the season goes on too.

For what it's worth, on Metrosports Talk tonight I heard someone say that Sims had made better progress than expected with his foot and *could* be back in a month.

Don't know what the source was, I was in the other room. But just FWIW :shrug:

siberian khatru
10-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Did they analyze his penis size?

Dunit35
10-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Oh man. The Skins punter laid out Marc Boerigter. Not pretty. ROFL

I bet Boe felt dumber than dumb.

Raiderhater
10-18-2005, 08:02 PM
I am hoping for gradual improvement as the season goes on too.

For what it's worth, on Metrosports Talk tonight I heard someone say that Sims had made better progress than expected with his foot and *could* be back in a month.

Don't know what the source was, I was in the other room. But just FWIW :shrug:

Even if Sims comes back next month, he will have missed a lot football already. I doubt he could come back and be a force in any kind of time fashion that would suit us.

Halfcan
10-18-2005, 11:11 PM
I hear Dick Butkiss isn't coaching that high school team for that reality show. Maybe we can sign him. Hell he is old as dirt, but it would be cool to see the old man in a Chiefs Uniform. Or I would take Urlacker in a trade.

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2005, 01:07 AM
siberian khatru beat me to it.

Anyong Bluth
10-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Getting Sims back with a few games left in the season would be a help. Did you see Corey Simon the 1st week of the season - way out of shape and dropped that over a few weeks.
Having more DT's to rotate & keep fresh to tee off is always a plus. I've never felt Sims was a liability in stopping the run and any rush he could provide would only help our entire D. He got injured so quick you really can't project what he could have done this year b/c he was playing well above his usual self- but it was the 1st game of the year and the Jets game was a bit of an outlyer for the D.

Any chance we can go back and swap him for Henderson (Jax) that went after him in the draft. Thank god we stole him away from the Vikings with our heads up move to submit our draft card to Tag ASAP

Bob Dole
10-19-2005, 04:52 AM
On one of the radio shows, Allen attributed his good game Sunday to film study. Apparently, the center was giving away his snap by his head movement.