PDA

View Full Version : Good news ! Adam Teicher said this about Ryan Sims

chief99
10-18-2005, 09:51 PM
He is healing well and the Chiefs believe he will be back within a month and wont need surgery.

SNR
10-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Just in time for our Super Bowl run

Count Alex's Losses
10-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Where did Adam report this?

siberian khatru
10-18-2005, 09:54 PM
He is healing well and the Chiefs believe he will be back within a month and wont need surgery.

Does that include time spent at a fat farm trying to get back into shape?

Dunit35
10-18-2005, 09:55 PM
thats great. But I would like to see the write up on this.

chief99
10-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Teicher only works for 610am(Exclusive deal$$) . He's on at like 4-5 PM.

the Talking Can
10-18-2005, 09:56 PM
I heard him on 610 and he said he didn't think that Sims would be back but that the Chiefs thought was an outside chance he might....sounded ambivelant to me....

Wile_E_Coyote
10-18-2005, 09:58 PM
http://www.geico.com/flash/static.jpg (https://sales.geico.com/quote.do)
he's healing 15% faster than Merrill quoted

WestCoastReggie
10-18-2005, 09:58 PM
He looked good in preseason, but that doesn't mean anything.

chief99
10-18-2005, 09:59 PM
CAn.

Your right. Adam didn't believe it but the Chiefs said they were optimistic.

HemiEd
10-18-2005, 10:04 PM
He looked good in preseason, but that doesn't mean anything.

Did you miss the first series against the Jets?

wolfpack0735
10-18-2005, 10:37 PM
i bet its at the end of the season before he gets back. if he gets back sooner he`ll probable favor the foot and be slow. should but him on ir and try to find someone.

el borracho
10-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Did you miss the first series against the Jets?
I did. I got to the bar a little late. I keep seeing people allude to it but... what did Sims do?

Halfcan
10-19-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah with Simms and Warfield we will be unbeatable. We will never lose again.,

Bob Dole
10-19-2005, 08:01 AM
CAn.

How rare.

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
How rare.

Funny, I was thinking this was more rare:

CAn.

ROYC75
10-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Can he get back and into football shape to help ?

I have my doubts....

CoMoChief
10-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Does anyone think that Jared Allen could be decent in a 3-4? Or would we have to have Browning on the outside? The same question goes for the LE's as well. Could Carlos Hall be any good being in a 3-4 alignment?

Think about it......
If in fact Hall and Allen could line up in the 3-4 (I think Hall is better than Hicks IMO, even though the size of Allen and Hall concern me) Along with the possible return of Sims in Decemeber, our Dline could be very good with the help of the 4 LBs on the field.

Barber coming back would be awesome as well. I think he is better than Fox, granted he's healthy. Having Johnson,Mitchell,Bell,Barber is quite the LB core IMO. Surtain and Warfield will get some help from our front 7 if this is the case. Our pass defense will be better. We will no longer have to live under the cover-up image of teams getting so many passing yards against us because we stop the run so well, because I dont believe in that shit at all for the most part.

Im gettin the sense that I am going to have an early X-mas present this season/or I mean year.

Eric Hicks is a bitch!

milkman
10-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Does anyone think that Jared Allen could be decent in a 3-4? Or would we have to have Browning on the outside? The same question goes for the LE's as well. Could Carlos Hall be any good being in a 3-4 alignment?

Think about it......
If in fact Hall and Allen could line up in the 3-4 (I think Hall is better than Hicks IMO, even though the size of Allen and Hall concern me) Along with the possible return of Sims in Decemeber, our Dline could be very good with the help of the 4 LBs on the field.

Barber coming back would be awesome as well. I think he is better than Fox, granted he's healthy. Having Johnson,Mitchell,Bell,Barber is quite the LB core IMO. Surtain and Warfield will get some help from our front 7 if this is the case. Our pass defense will be better. We will no longer have to live under the cover-up image of teams getting so many passing yards against us because we stop the run so well, because I dont believe in that shit at all for the most part.

Im gettin the sense that I am going to have an early X-mas present this season/or I mean year.

Eric Hicks is a bitch!

Allen's size is something of a concern, but I might try him out a LDE, with Wilkerson at RDE in a 3-4.

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Allen's size is something of a concern, but I might try him out a LDE, with Wilkerson at RDE in a 3-4.

I've said it several times in other threads -- why not line up Allen as an OLB in the 3-4 ala DT?

Fish
10-19-2005, 11:40 AM
I've said it several times in other threads -- why not line up Allen as an OLB in the 3-4 ala DT?

Say it again.... I've been wanting to see this all season....

milkman
10-19-2005, 11:44 AM

I've seen it, and like the concept.

But I also like the idea of having our 2 best (potential) pass rushers in Allen and Bell coming from different sides, and I don't want to see our potential best LB in DJ coming off the field.

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 11:56 AM
I've seen it, and like the concept.

But I also like the idea of having our 2 best (potential) pass rushers in Allen and Bell coming from different sides, and I don't want to see our potential best LB in DJ coming off the field.

So do it this way:

RDE - Wilkerson
NT- Dalton
LDE - Browning

ROLB - DJ
RILB - Bell
LILB - Mitchell
LOLB - Allen

That should allow you to rush Bell and Allen from different sides AND keep DJ on the field.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2005, 12:01 PM

Yup, I've been sayin' that for a month or so.

milkman
10-19-2005, 12:23 PM
So do it this way:

RDE - Wilkerson
NT- Dalton
LDE - Browning

ROLB - DJ
RILB - Bell
LILB - Mitchell
LOLB - Allen

That should allow you to rush Bell and Allen from different sides AND keep DJ on the field.

I like that.

But my plan is based on the premise that Barber, who is the subject of this thread, is the starter at ROLB.

But if we are moving away from that premise, then someone else here has suggested bringing back the Falcon, with JA as the Falcon.

That is also a pretty good idea.

milkman
10-19-2005, 12:27 PM
I like that.

But my plan is based on the premise that Barber, who is the subject of this thread, is the starter at ROLB.

But if we are moving away from that premise, then someone else here has suggested bringing back the Falcon, with JA as the Falcon.

Shit, I'm getting my threads mixed up. :banghead:

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 01:06 PM
I like that.

Well, I would play packages, no way would I put Allen in on every down, especially sure-fire running downs.

Those packages would involve a rotation of Barber, DJ, and Allen.

Frankie
10-19-2005, 01:18 PM
I've always been a Sims supporter even in the face of everybody else giving up on him. That said this latest news will keep the Chiefs from someone like Gilbert Brown or Fatafehi only to find out Sims will have to go on IR in a few weeks. Just a gut feeling.

milkman
10-19-2005, 01:20 PM
I've always been a Sims supporter even in the face of everybody else giving up on him. That said this latest news will keep the Chiefs from someone like Gilbert Brown or Fatafehi only to find out Sims will have to go on IR in a few weeks. Just a gut feeling.

Someone else asked this question on another thread, but I want to know, why is Fatefehi still out there?

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Someone else asked this question on another thread, but I want to know, why is Fatefehi still out there?

I have the same question.

I hear alot of people wanting Fatafehi or Davis or Hunt or whoever. But the simple fact is that there are teams OTHER than the Chiefs that need DT's and these guys are unemployed.

Damaged goods I say.

milkman
10-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Well, I would play packages, no way would I put Allen in on every down, especially sure-fire running downs.

Those packages would involve a rotation of Barber, DJ, and Allen.

I agree.

Allen's combination of size and speed really allows for some flexibilty.
And I don't think Gun is taking advantage of that flexibility.

Frankie
10-19-2005, 01:28 PM
The same reason Brown is, I suppose.

Inspector
10-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Sims ability to be ready to play once his foot is healed concerns me. I still remember him showing up to camp fat and out of shape (not that there's anything wrong with being fat and out of shape for us, mind you), so it gives me concern about his commitment to conditioning.

I guess we'll see.

milkman
10-19-2005, 01:34 PM
The same reason Brown is, I suppose.

I think Brown is still out there because he's a 34 year old Jabba.

Frankie
10-19-2005, 01:37 PM
I think Brown is still out there because he's a 34 year old Jabba.Therefore, potentially as effective/ineffective as Fatafehi.

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Sims ability to be ready to play once his foot is healed concerns me. I still remember him showing up to camp fat and out of shape (not that there's anything wrong with being fat and out of shape for us, mind you), so it gives me concern about his commitment to conditioning.

I guess we'll see.

Sims seemed to finally pull his head out the past offseason. He didn't hang out with his gangsta homies in Atlanta and worked out more.

Somehow considering where he's at in his career, I highly doubt he'll show up so out of shape he can't play.

milkman
10-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Therefore, potentially as effective/ineffective as Fatafehi.

I'm with Parker on this one.

I think these guys are all out there still because of some kind of injury/health issue that we are just not aware of.

I'm just pointing out that Brown's health issue is self ingested.

CupidStunt
10-19-2005, 02:09 PM
I did. I got to the bar a little late. I keep seeing people allude to it but... what did Sims do?

Basically, looked like a 6th overall pick.

Took his man 4 yards into the backfield allowing Hicks to get a 2-yard TFL.

Got in on another stonewall of Curtis Martin himself.

And had a sick pressure on Pennington.

Calcountry
10-19-2005, 03:56 PM
I've said it several times in other threads -- why not line up Allen as an OLB in the 3-4 ala DT? Sunday's game was reminiscent of DT.

philfree
10-19-2005, 05:35 PM

Would that really be any different then what Allen does as a DE? DT lined up on the right end of the D line and rushed the passer. Isn't that essentially what Allen does now? I'm certainly no football "genious" but that's the way I see it.

PhilFree:arrow:

HemiEd
10-19-2005, 07:51 PM

He looked like the guy he is supposed to be to me. I was so fugging upset when he was hauled out on that John Deere. :cuss:

NaptownChief
10-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Can he get back and into football shape to help ?

I have my doubts....

I would call this bad news cause it sounds like he is coming along just enough that they won't toss him on IR and free up a roster spot yet if he gets cleared to play it will be so late in the season that he won't be in shape in time to play.

Call me a pessimist but I've been around the Chiefs long enough to know how this $hit works out.

Just looked at his contract info and was surprised that it runs until 2009....Did they recently re-do his deal?

http://www.nflpa.org/Members/playerProfile.asp?ID=32982

Deberg_1990
10-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Oh Joy......I admit, it will nice for depth to have him back, but hes not quite the "Savior" everyone is expecting. Just what makes anyone think he is?? What has he shown us in 4 years???

NaptownChief
10-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Oh Joy......I admit, it will nice for depth to have him back, but hes not quite the "Savior" everyone is expecting. Just what makes anyone think he is?? What has he shown us in 4 years???

Well he did make his first good play in 4 seasons in the opener.....It shocked us all so much that we still haven't quite regrouped.