PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs | McCleon Hurting

HolmeZz
10-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Chiefs: McCleon hurting

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, October 19, 2005

News
Starting cornerback Dexter McCleon has a strained groin and will likely miss the first few workouts this week as the Chiefs preapre for the Dolphins in week seven, the team's official website reports.

Views
McCleon will probably be listed as questionable on the injury report, and his injury gives formerly suspended cornerback Eric Warfield an opportunity to be active for the first time this season. McCleon has actually been pretty awful this season, so fantasy owners invested in the Miami passing game may be hoping he suits up.

------------------

ROFL

John_Wayne
10-19-2005, 10:13 AM
addition by subtraction

Rain Man
10-19-2005, 10:17 AM
People are too hard on McCleon.

CoMoChief
10-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Chiefs: McCleon hurting

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Wednesday, October 19, 2005

News
Starting cornerback Dexter McCleon has a strained groin and will likely miss the first few workouts this week as the Chiefs preapre for the Dolphins in week seven, the team's official website reports.

Views
McCleon will probably be listed as questionable on the injury report, and his injury gives formerly suspended cornerback Eric Warfield an opportunity to be active for the first time this season. McCleon has actually been pretty awful this season, so fantasy owners invested in the Miami passing game may be hoping he suits up.

------------------

ROFL

It's about damn time that someone in the national media rips on McCleon. I don't think I have heard anything about singling out McCleon ever since he has been here, except maybe briefly after the Jacksonville game a season ago. I hope he keeps re-injuring it as the week goes on and as the season goes on because I think that is the only way DV is going to play Warfield over McCleon. Benny Sapp is a better NCB as well. We simply do not need McCleon. Next year he will be gone, Hodge will be on the 46 man squad, Benny will play nickel and we might even draft a CB in the first round and have Warfield play NCB. Ah now that I think about it, we do have Dick Vermeil as our HC and as long as he's around, we will keep drafting TE's and safeties, and Olinemen. I say we go with an OT or DT this next draft IMO.

Seriously though, somebody in the Chiefs organization has to be tired of watching this bum McCleon play off of a WR 10 yards.

Frazod
10-19-2005, 10:19 AM
If the sonofabitch is still breathing, he's not hurt bad enough. :#

CoMoChief
10-19-2005, 10:24 AM
People are too hard on McCleon.

Uhhh, have you paid any attention at all to our secondary the last few seasons??? I honestly think I would have cut McCleon in the middle of the season after the Jax game last season. Having a 31 year old 5-9/10ft NCB playing opposite of Surtain (which means that they are gonna throw it towards McCleon all day) is just as dumb as having Bartee (a natural safety) playing the same position, and we all know how well that worked out. I believe Bartee got his 1st career INT in 6 seasons in a preseason game this year, which didnt even count.

**** YOU McCLEON!!!!!

milkman
10-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Dick has a hard on McCleon.

Fixed your post for ya.

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Fixed your post for ya.

Actually, if you had fixed it, it would have said:

Gunther hates Warfield so much, he'd rather **** the team than give in.

milkman
10-19-2005, 10:29 AM
It's about damn time that someone in the national media rips on McCleon. I don't think I have heard anything about singling out McCleon ever since he has been here, except maybe briefly after the Jacksonville game a season ago. I hope he keeps re-injuring it as the week goes on and as the season goes on because I think that is the only way DV is going to play Warfield over McCleon. Benny Sapp is a better NCB as well. We simply do not need McCleon. Next year he will be gone, Hodge will be on the 46 man squad, Benny will play nickel and we might even draft a CB in the first round and have Warfield play NCB. Ah now that I think about it, we do have Dick Vermeil as our HC and as long as he's around, we will keep drafting TE's and safeties, and Olinemen. I say we go with an OT or DT this next draft IMO.

Seriously though, somebody in the Chiefs organization has to be tired of watching this bum McCleon play off of a WR 10 yards.

Despite my previous post, I think it has been pointed out numerous times in the last couple of days that Dick wanted Warfield active for the 'Skins game but defered to Gun and the defensive staff.

I hate Dick as much, or more, as the next guy.
But he simply isn't the one to blame on this one.

milkman
10-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Actually, if you had fixed it, it would have said:

Yeah, I know.

See my next post.

But that just doesn't work as well.

Fish
10-19-2005, 10:32 AM
McCleon has actually been pretty awful this season, so fantasy owners invested in the Miami passing game may be hoping he suits up.

:holdman: :holdman: :holdman: :holdman: :holdman: :holdman:

BigMeatballDave
10-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Uhhh, have you paid any attention at all to our secondary the last few seasons??? I honestly think I would have cut McCleon in the middle of the season after the Jax game last season. Having a 31 year old 5-9/10ft NCB playing opposite of Surtain (which means that they are gonna throw it towards McCleon all day) is just as dumb as having Bartee (a natural safety) playing the same position, and we all know how well that worked out. I believe Bartee got his 1st career INT in 6 seasons in a preseason game this year, which didnt even count.

**** YOU McCLEON!!!!!n00B!!11!

Wile_E_Coyote
10-19-2005, 11:18 AM
I can't hate on Dexter. He was brought in to be a nickleback, he shouldn't be starting

~I see now this should have gone on the parody thread :(

Cochise
10-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Alright Gunther, now are you convinced you should start someone else? I hope so...

Halfcan
10-19-2005, 11:58 AM
I am glad they didn't activate Warfield-he needs to learn a lesson and four games was not long enough. But Mcleon sucks, so I guess EW is up to bat.