PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Little's younger brother shot to death

Mr. Laz
10-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Leonard Little's younger brother shot to death
Story Tools: Print Email
Associated Press
Posted: 17 hours ago

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The younger brother of NFL player Leonard Little was shot to death and a 17-year-old girl was taken into custody after trying to flee police Tuesday.

Investigators found Jermaine Little, 24, lying on the floor of a friend's home about 5:30 p.m. Monday in Harriman, about 40 miles east of Knoxville where his brother once starred for the University of Tennessee.
Shot once in the side, Jermaine Little died at Roane County Medical Center.

Harriman police chief Jack Stockton said there was a dispute over money. Little's girlfriend, Jessica Butcher, claimed he owed her $500. "There was a physical altercation inside the residence and something happened," Stockton said.

The suspect, identified by witnesses as Bianca Nicole Taylor, who accompanied Butcher to the house, went outside to their car "and came back with a gun, allegedly, and fired one shot at the doorway," Stockton said.

Taylor is a resident of Oak Ridge, about 20 miles to the east. Oak Ridge police spotted her vehicle, chased her until she wrecked, then caught her after she ran to her apartment. She was being held in the Anderson County Jail with charges pending.

Leonard Little was a third-round selection in the 1998 draft by the Rams. A 2003 Pro Bowl selection and the Rams' best defensive player, Little, 30, has dealt with off-the-field issues before.

In 1999, he pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of Susan Gutweiler, 47, of suburban St. Louis, following a downtown car crash. Little's blood-alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit. He served three months in jail and was on probation for four years.

Earlier this year, he was found not guilty of drunken driving charges following a 2004 arrest in St. Louis County.

Rams interim coach Joe Vitt said Little was told of his brother's death after Monday night's 45-29 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. "Man, that was hard, that was tough," Vitt said.

He said Little flew back to St. Louis from Indianapolis with the team, then flew to Tennessee to be with his family.

shaneo69
10-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Hate to say it, but karma's a bitch.

Rain Man
10-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Hopefully, he'll be understanding when she gets community service and has to apologize.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-19-2005, 11:54 AM
What goes around comes around.

Pitt Gorilla
10-19-2005, 11:54 AM
That was my reaction as well. It's sad, but someone had to pay the piper.

StcChief
10-19-2005, 11:58 AM
My friend's family may get some closure out of this.

Leonard Little DWI killed a friend of mine's sister-in-law.

Leaving a teen boy to be raised without his mother.

Rain Man
10-19-2005, 12:03 PM
My friend's family may get some closure out of this.

Leonard Little killed a friend of mine's nephew.

What? He killed another person besides the woman?

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2005, 12:17 PM
I don't quite understand how Little's brother getting shot is karma for Little killing another person with his automobile.

Now if the 17 year old had killed Leonard Little....

Redcoats58
10-19-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't quite understand how Little's brother getting shot is karma for Little killing another person with his automobile.

I agree, its not like the younger brother helped him drive drunk.

Phobia
10-19-2005, 12:24 PM

Exactly.

Rain Man
10-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Or perhaps if Little had a flat tire and then the jack collapsed while he was under the car...

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Or perhaps if Little had a flat tire and then the jack collapsed while he was under the car...

...And if the car were actually the size of the Exxon Valdez oil tanker...

jynni
10-19-2005, 12:28 PM

I'd say it's a perfect example of karma - his actions killed a person and took that person away from family and that caused them great loss and sadness.

Now someone has done the same thing to him. It's too bad for the 17 year old brother who had his entire life in front of him but then Karma is a mean bitch.

chagrin
10-19-2005, 12:29 PM
...And if the car were actually the size of the Exxon Valdez oil tanker...

...and if the 17 yr old was the Captain of the Exxon Valdez oil tanker...

Kclee
10-19-2005, 12:30 PM

Is your name Earl?

StcChief
10-19-2005, 12:32 PM
What? He killed another person besides the woman? Editted. Killed mom left the boy.

cmh6476
10-19-2005, 12:40 PM
some of you are unbelievable!!!

Cochise
10-19-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm a little confused here. If the cops are chasing you, wouldn't you want to run somewhere besides your own apartment?

ct
10-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Well if you're idiot enough to kill someone, then hiding at your own documented home seems the perfect spot, eh?

mcan
10-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Terrible news. What's past is past, and what is done can not be undone. It hurts to lose somebody, and losing my brother is perhaps the only real fear I have in this life. My brother means the world to me... I can't imagine...