PDA

View Full Version : CHIEFS WAITING FOR WORD ON FLORIDA'S HURRICANE

ArrowheadHawk
10-19-2005, 02:05 PM
CHIEFS WAITING FOR WORD ON FLORIDA'S HURRICANE
Oct 19, 2005, 1:17:17 PM

Hurricane Wilma is working its way toward Florida, and may alter the schedule for Sunday’s Kansas City Chiefs-Miami Dolphins game. Chiefs officials are receiving hourly updates from the league office and the team is going about its usual routine. No final decisions have been made.

“We’re going through our normal routine as if it’s going to be a Sunday game played at the normal time,” said head coach Dick Vermeil today in a conversation with Miami reporters, “because the only thing we have control of is our preparation. We can’t let other things distract us. We’re totally aware of the situation but it’s business as usual right here.”

The team is scheduled to leave for Miami on Saturday at 2 PM and the game is scheduled for the following day at 1 PM ET. Vermeil said that he doesn’t want the ever-changing weather reports “to make a big problem for my football team and my coaching staff. We’ll just do what we’re instructed to do. This has been materializing each day and getting a little more critical each day. We’re just waiting to do what we’re instructed to do. But we’re trying to do the best that we can at not letting us interfere with our normal preparation.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/10/19/chiefs_waiting_for_word_on_floridas_hurricane/

RedDread
10-19-2005, 02:07 PM
Vermeil better look into the full house backfield if they play this game as scheduled.

Sully
10-19-2005, 02:09 PM
I have awful pictures of that rainy end-of-season, Mike Cloud game running through my head.
Someone please make them stop!!!

Phobia
10-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Vermeil better look into the full house backfield if they play this game as scheduled.

Vermeil better deactivate Hall, Mccleon and anybody else not tied down by 250 or more.

RedDread
10-19-2005, 02:11 PM
What about the Deluge vs Seattle? The first or second year they had the Electronic first down line and it stopped working because the field was no longer green. Streams of water pouring from the stands and a hell of a football game, which I believe we won IIRC.

Hydrae
10-19-2005, 02:12 PM
They may want to rethink that flight. Maybe go down 12+ hours earlier so as to be on the ground before this hits or 12 hours later after it has gone past.

Redcoats58
10-19-2005, 02:13 PM
What about the Deluge vs Seattle? The first or second year they had the Electronic first down line and it stopped working because the field was no longer green. Streams of water pouring from the stands and a hell of a football game, which I believe we won IIRC.
Yes we did, what a great game. I love weather games, they dont let them happen as often now.

DenverChief
10-19-2005, 02:50 PM

I would love to see some video of that game...mpeg or WMV :)

Rain Man
10-19-2005, 03:21 PM

That Seattle game was cool. I remember idly wondering if someone at the bottom of a pile could drown.

Calcountry
10-19-2005, 03:36 PM
CHIEFS WAITING FOR WORD ON FLORIDA'S HURRICANE
Oct 19, 2005, 1:17:17 PM

Hurricane Wilma is working its way toward Florida, and may alter the schedule for Sunday’s Kansas City Chiefs-Miami Dolphins game. Chiefs officials are receiving hourly updates from the league office and the team is going about its usual routine. No final decisions have been made.

“We’re going through our normal routine as if it’s going to be a Sunday game played at the normal time,” said head coach Dick Vermeil today in a conversation with Miami reporters, “because the only thing we have control of is our preparation. We can’t let other things distract us. We’re totally aware of the situation but it’s business as usual right here.”

The team is scheduled to leave for Miami on Saturday at 2 PM and the game is scheduled for the following day at 1 PM ET. Vermeil said that he doesn’t want the ever-changing weather reports “to make a big problem for my football team and my coaching staff. We’ll just do what we’re instructed to do. This has been materializing each day and getting a little more critical each day. We’re just waiting to do what we’re instructed to do. But we’re trying to do the best that we can at not letting us interfere with our normal preparation.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/10/19/chiefs_waiting_for_word_on_floridas_hurricane/ We already have a Hurricane Wilma thread, it was started by Donger. All these hurricane udates can probably be done in there, to tidy the place up a bit?

Just a thought, carry on.

ArrowheadHawk
10-19-2005, 03:38 PM
We already have a Hurricane Wilma thread, it was started by Donger. All these hurricane udates can probably be done in there, to tidy the place up a bit?

just posting some news sorry if i offended you maybee i should start some non football related threads?

Calcountry
10-19-2005, 03:43 PM
just posting some news sorry if i offended you maybee i should start some non football related threads?I am not offended dude, lighten up. I was just putting my 2 cents in, take it for what its worth.

Its just, CP at times, has a tendency to go apeshit on some big news. There will be 30 different variants of Hurricane littered through the main page before this thing is over.

Thats all, no offense, just a friendly comment. :D

ptlyon
10-19-2005, 03:45 PM
JMO, I think AH did the right thing. It being Chiefs related I would have made a different thread myself. This info would probably get lost in the "Official" hurricane thread.

Calcountry
10-19-2005, 03:47 PM
JMO, I think AH did the right thing. It being Chiefs related I would have made a different thread myself. This info would probably get lost in the "Official" hurricane thread.Otay, I will shut up now.

chasedude
10-19-2005, 03:49 PM
I was there at the game the "Deluge vs Seattle". I was setting in the nose bleed section with a foot of wash running under the seats, I thought it was great. After the majority of the fans left my buddy and I went down next to the seattle bench and heckled Warren "wife beater" Moon.

Sam
10-19-2005, 03:52 PM
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=4177

Press Release Headline
Dolphins Monitor Storm; Hall of Fame Kickoff Celebration Changed
October 19, 2005

In conjunction with local authorities and the National Football League, the Miami Dolphins continue to monitor the track of Hurricane Wilma, relative to the team’s game versus the Kansas City Chiefs, scheduled for this Sunday at 1:00 p.m. Due to the storm, the schedule of the Hall of Fame celebration that was planned over the coming days has been changed. The Dan Marino Ring Presentation Ceremony has been moved to halftime of the Dolphins-Atlanta Falcons game to be played on November 6 at 1:00 p.m.

In addition, the team’s Orange Carpet Gala to honor all of the Club’s Hall of Famers, which was scheduled for this Saturday, has been moved to Saturday, November 5, at 7:00 p.m.

Finally, the dates of the Miami Dolphins Hall of Fame Exhibition, featuring the busts of all nine Dolphins Hall of Famers, have also been changed and extended another week.

siberian khatru
10-19-2005, 04:49 PM
I am not offended dude, lighten up. I was just putting my 2 cents in, take it for what its worth.

According to the latest exchange rates, about 1.3 cents.

Calcountry
10-19-2005, 04:52 PM
According to the latest exchange rates, about 1.3 cents.American or Canadien?

siberian khatru
10-19-2005, 04:55 PM
American or Canadien?

Republic of the Congo.

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 04:57 PM
http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=4177

Press Release Headline
Dolphins Monitor Storm; Hall of Fame Kickoff Celebration Changed
October 19, 2005

In conjunction with local authorities and the National Football League, the Miami Dolphins continue to monitor the track of Hurricane Wilma, relative to the team’s game versus the Kansas City Chiefs, scheduled for this Sunday at 1:00 p.m. Due to the storm, the schedule of the Hall of Fame celebration that was planned over the coming days has been changed. The Dan Marino Ring Presentation Ceremony has been moved to halftime of the Dolphins-Atlanta Falcons game to be played on November 6 at 1:00 p.m.

In addition, the team’s Orange Carpet Gala to honor all of the Club’s Hall of Famers, which was scheduled for this Saturday, has been moved to Saturday, November 5, at 7:00 p.m.

Finally, the dates of the Miami Dolphins Hall of Fame Exhibition, featuring the busts of all nine Dolphins Hall of Famers, have also been changed and extended another week.

So they've cancelled their emotion-filled ceremonies, even if we do still play there? Bonus.

patteeu
10-19-2005, 05:15 PM
just posting some news sorry if i offended you maybee i should start some non football related threads?

ROFL

ArrowheadHawk
10-19-2005, 05:16 PM
So they've cancelled their emotion-filled ceremonies, even if we do still play there? Bonus. take what we can get

Skip Towne
10-19-2005, 05:39 PM
We already have a Hurricane Wilma thread, it was started by Donger. All these hurricane udates can probably be done in there, to tidy the place up a bit?

Shut up, n00b...............oh, wait, you have more than 10K posts. Shut up dumbass.

Calcountry
10-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Shut up, n00b...............oh, wait, you have more than 10K posts. Shut up dumbass.Thanks alot, I appreciate the constructive criticism.

Calcountry
10-19-2005, 07:26 PM
How is that Hurricane doing Hawk? What are the Chiefs gonna do about it?

Bob Dole
10-19-2005, 09:08 PM
What we have on our hands--what is coming toward us as we approach this week's game, is a storm--a very fine storm and it's going to take a heck of an effort on our part to overcome. We're just going to practice--going to hold to our regular practice schedule--and we'll just let the chips fall and wait for someone else to tell us something is going to be different. We're not going to adjust our preparation just because we're facing some rain--some very fine and established rain. We're going to go to work like we always go to work and prepare like this is just another game--one game in a very long season.

NaptownChief
10-19-2005, 09:17 PM
One thing is for certain, there is zero chance that the NFL will jump in and give the us the NY Giants treatment of a 9th home game.