PDA

View Full Version : Phin Board says news just said game 90% on Friday

C-Mac
10-20-2005, 08:22 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=104281

Fins game to be moved to Friday NIGHT..

Just saw on channel 6, and 4, and others...They are 90% sure the game will be moved UP to Friday night..I'm guessing 8 pm? At least we get a prime time game now..

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 08:23 AM
NFW

jynni
10-20-2005, 08:24 AM
That would suck - although it gives two extra days to recover and maybe not get our asses kicked in SD...

Woodrow Call
10-20-2005, 08:25 AM
I better not get screwed out of TV :banghead:.

Shag
10-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Apparently, they mentioned this on Cold Pizza this morning, too. Could be interesting - hope Sunday Ticket makes the adjustment...

chief52
10-20-2005, 08:29 AM
They better hurry up and make that announcement. The Chiefs would be leaving today. I think the only two options are Friday in Miami or reschedule in KC.

Extra Point
10-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Yeah, right. Commemorative sandbags for each fan!

ChiTown
10-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Not gonna happen. That f's up the preparation for the whole week. That would be unfair for both teams, but especially the visiting KC Chiefs.

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Ya, I just got banned over there.

Bunch of vaginas.

KCChiefsMan
10-20-2005, 08:35 AM
damnit, I got plans for Friday night that don't involve watching any sports on TV :banghead: :banghead:

gblowfish
10-20-2005, 08:37 AM

Bunch of vaginas.Did you mention to them the part about being a bunch of vaginas? That might have had a little impact on the situation. Hey, if they kicked you out, you must have been doing something right...

jspchief
10-20-2005, 08:38 AM

Bunch of vaginas.That board has to be the biggest bunch of pussies in the NFL BB world. What did they ban you for?

donkhater
10-20-2005, 08:39 AM
Apparently, they mentioned this on Cold Pizza this morning, too. Could be interesting - hope Sunday Ticket makes the adjustment...
Won't happen. There is a reason it's called Sunday ticket. The best you can hope for is that they replay it on Sunday on Sunday ticket. they didn't show the Tennessee/Miami game a couple years ago when it was moved off sunday.

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Just move it to Atlanta for Sunday. Sheesh.

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 08:43 AM
That board has to be the biggest bunch of pussies in the NFL BB world. What did they ban you for?
I seriously did nothing.

I responded to a post about moving the game.

The guy made a thread and bumped it 3 mins later.

I thought it was stupid to do that...and mentioned that it makes a board cluttered then responded to the post.

I can't post and that post has been deleted.

Frazod
10-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Not gonna happen. That f's up the preparation for the whole week. That would be unfair for both teams, but especially the visiting KC Chiefs.

Oh yeah, the league always takes not f#cking us over into consideration. :rolleyes:

And yes, if this happens, the game will only be locally televised and rebroadcast in it's normal slot on Sunday.

Chief Henry
10-20-2005, 08:48 AM
DAM, My high School football game is friday night.
I'll have to record it. Our High school game is about a 2 hour road trip. SO if we get back at 12:30. Watch the whole game, I would have tooth pics in my eyes for the finish at 3:30 or 4am.
We then travel to a socder tourny 90 minutes early Saturday morning. First game's at 8:15am.

I just won't go to sleep Friday night thats all.

C-Mac
10-20-2005, 08:48 AM
I seriously did nothing.

I responded to a post about moving the game.

The guy made a thread and bumped it 3 mins later.

I thought it was stupid to do that...and mentioned that it makes a board cluttered then responded to the post.

I can't post and that post has been deleted.

I saw that...you cant be serious.

MIAdragon
10-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Friday it is, any other Chiefs fans going?

ChiefFripp
10-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Looks like I'm skipping work Friday night.

HarryParatestes
10-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Just move it to Atlanta for Sunday. Sheesh.

BEST---IDEA----EVAR! 100 miles from here

:clap:

Shag
10-20-2005, 08:52 AM
Friday it is, any other Chiefs fans going?

Did I miss an official announcement?

Cochise
10-20-2005, 08:55 AM
This better not be true. I haven't missed watching a game in I dont know how many years.

MIAdragon
10-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Did I miss an official announcement?

no I have a good friend who works in the PR dept and he just called me

Cochise
10-20-2005, 08:56 AM
FWIW, someone on the board said that a news station was reporting this down there. But if that's true then why haven't we heard anything up here?

This seems bizarre and last-second to still not have an announcement until the before the game would have to be played.

jynni
10-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Wow - if they really do the full screw job and move it to tomorrow - I can't wait to see the fit Vermiel is going to pitch.

Actually it's screwy enough (and since we'd probably loose anyway) it'd be kinda funny if Vermiel was pissed enough to say "F*ck you" to Tag and forfiet.

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 08:57 AM
I saw that...you cant be serious.
Eh, looks like they locked me out while they deleted all those posts talking about the bump. Amazing. I can post again.

This makes them look like bigger vaginas though.

Pants
10-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Holy shit. That would mean the Chiefs would have to fly out tonight... That's pretty effing ridiculous.

chief52
10-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Holy shit. That would mean the Chiefs would have to fly out tonight... That's pretty effing ridiculous.

I am sure they have known that to be an option. I bet the equipment guys are ready to roll as well as the rest of the support staff. It seems like Friday in Miami or play in KC are the only real options.

siberian khatru
Friday night is horseshit.

Putting it in Atlanta, you'd have lots of Dolphins fans in attendance since they'd all be evacuating north anyway.

I wonder if Atlanta is just not logistically possible, or the NFL, having been burned by the Saints-Giants fiasco, is just scared to death to take a home game away from the Fins. But like I said, there'll be more Fin fans in Atlanta than Chiefs fans.

Cochise
Chiefs-Dolphins game may be moved because of Wilma

Decision by league on situation could be made today

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

The weather Wednesday in Miami wasn’t much for the local chamber of commerce to brag about: cloudy, muggy, off-and-on thunderstorms.

Still, that might be considered ideal compared with what they’re expecting in South Florida this weekend, when the Chiefs are scheduled to play the Dolphins. Hurricane Wilma, which forecasters are calling one of the season’s strongest storms, was predicted to be bound for Florida.

The situation is serious enough that Saturday’s college football game between Miami and Georgia Tech was postponed. It was uncertain whether the Chiefs-Dolphins game will be played at noon Sunday as scheduled — or even played in Miami.

The game could be moved to a neutral site or be played at Arrowhead Stadium.

A decision by the NFL could come today.

“We’re monitoring the hurricane and we continue to be in contact with both the Chiefs and Dolphins,” the NFL’s Steve Alic said.

There is precedent for moving the game. The league moved a 2003 game between the Dolphins and Chargers from San Diego to Tempe, Ariz., because Qualcomm Stadium was being used as an evacuation area for residents affected by wildfires.

Early this season, New Orleans played what was supposed to be a home game against the New York Giants at Giants Stadium because of damage to the Superdome caused by Hurricane Katrina.

The league will look at several factors, including the possibility that Miami won’t have the necessary infrastructure to play host to the game.

The Chiefs made contingency plans to depart for Miami as soon as Friday, before the brunt of the storm is expected to arrive. They are scheduled to leave on Saturday.

The sentiment among players was best expressed by Miami quarterback Gus Frerotte, even though there’s a chance the Dolphins might lose a home game.

“Who wants to play in a hurricane?” Frerotte said. “We want to go and play where it’s safe and have a great game and give the fans a great game.

“If there’s a hurricane coming through Miami, the first thing I’m thinking about is taking care of my family and making sure they’re safe. If we have to go somewhere to play, that’s what we’ll do.”

In Kansas City, the Chiefs tried to go about their business but appeared distracted.

Players wandered about the locker room after practice in search of information about the storm.

“We’re preparing as if we’re playing Sunday afternoon,” Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said. “That’s all we have the option to do. We’re not involved in the decision-making process.

"I checked my desk to see if (NFL commissioner Paul) Tagliabue had called me and he hasn’t called, so he doesn’t want my opinion.”

Even though he didn’t talk with Tagliabue, the NFL’s ultimate authority, Vermeil still lobbied to play the game in Kansas City.

“It just seems sort of funny to bring people to a storm,” he said.

“Bring it here. Then we’ll have a tornado. Whatever they say to do, we’ll do it.”

Chiefs defensive end Carlos Hall could offer teammates the best advice for visiting players heading into a hurricane. He did it last year while playing for Tennessee.

The Titans had their season-opener at Miami moved up to Saturday because of the threat posed by Hurricane Ivan.

“It can sidetrack you if you let it,” Hall said. “Some guys were kind of worried about it. Some guys were able to stay focused on the game.”

The game was played without incident.

“At first, it was kind of weird,” Hall said. “Every little drop of rain, we were like, ‘Uh, oh, here it comes. Let’s hurry up.’ It ended up raining pretty good in the second half.

"When the game was over, we were ready to get out of there. Everybody was in a hurry to get to the airport and get back home.”

The Dolphins should be used to the uncertainty posed by an impending hurricane. They also moved the starting time of a late September game last season from 1 p.m. to 8:30 because of Hurricane Jeanne. Most of that game was played in a torrential rain.

But Miami appears as distracted as the Chiefs.

“I don’t know if you can get ready for that,” Dolphins coach Nick Saban said. “We’re trying to stay focused a little bit on what we need to try to get ready to play a very good team and hope that thing goes someplace else.

"Not to wish anything bad on anybody but maybe it will just stay out there in the ocean someplace.

“This is like the fifth one we’ve had this year. This is not our first rodeo. We’ve had some experience with these things and we know how unpredictable they can be and we know how dangerous they can be. We certainly don’t want to put anyone — player, coach or any of our fans — in harm’s way.”
To reach Adam Teicher, Chiefs reporter for The Star, call (816) 234-4875 or send e-mail to ateicher@kcstar.com

jspchief
10-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Friday night may not be too bad.

1. Night game, so it's cooler
2. Seau and Taylor have one less day to heal
3. Long week to prepare for an important division road game.

C-Mac
10-20-2005, 09:08 AM
81 verifying the very good possibity of Friday nite 7:30

Seek
10-20-2005, 09:11 AM
John Welbourne just confirmed that the game is being played on Friday. He called 98.9 the Rock to get Freakers Ball tickets for Saturday since he will be back home by then.

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 09:14 AM

Indeed.

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 09:15 AM

All that logic is trumped by the fact that I won't be able to drive the 4 hours to see them play in person in Atlanta. :harumph:

C-Mac
10-20-2005, 09:16 AM
I dont see it being a big problem.

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Now the question is: Will it be on national TV? ESPN or the Deuce?

Seek
Miami had two games moved up last year due to Hurricanes. They lost both games.

Also moving this up to Friday means Jason Tayler and Jr. Seau probably won't play since they have less time to get healthy.

The Bad Guy
It better be definitely carried on Sunday Ticket or I'm going to freak out.

RINGLEADER
Sucks. You know Direct TV is going to show a rebroadcast of the game on Sunday with no live broadcast...what a sucky turn of events...

tomahawk kid
10-20-2005, 09:19 AM
It better be definitely carried on Sunday Ticket or I'm going to freak out.

It'll be taped delay.

The Bad Guy
10-20-2005, 09:20 AM
It'll be taped delay.

That is bullshit. They have the ability to broadcast it live.

I didn't pay 200 dollars to watch tape delayed bullshit.

Fish
10-20-2005, 09:21 AM
John Welbourne just confirmed that the game is being played on Friday. He called 98.9 the Rock to get Freakers Ball tickets for Saturday since he will be back home by then.

Yeah... were you listening right before Welbourne came on when Bob Saget said "I want to taste your taint" on the air??? That's hot.........

KChiefs1
10-20-2005, 09:24 AM
WTF? Friday Night?

Just move the game to Arrowhead!

tomahawk kid
10-20-2005, 09:24 AM
That is bullshit. They have the ability to broadcast it live.

I didn't pay 200 dollars to watch tape delayed bullshit.

I agree, but that's what they did last year for the Fins - Tits game.

The Bad Guy
10-20-2005, 09:26 AM
I agree, but that's what they did last year for the Fins - Tits game.

Yeah, but it was a Sat afternoon game and I think the NCAA has all sorts of rights to Saturday afternoon games, which is the reason it was tape delayed.

Friday night they have no such rules.

Warrior5
10-20-2005, 09:28 AM

My thoughts exactly. If it's Friday, I don't want to hear any whining from Vermiel. Just sack up, go to work, get them on the plane, and win in enemy territory on short notice.

A typical Cav mission.

The Bad Guy
10-20-2005, 09:29 AM
My thoughts exactly. If it's Friday, I don't want to hear any whining from Vermiel. Just sack up, go to work, get them on the plane, and win in enemy territory on short notice.

A typical Cav mission.

If they lose, Vermeil will whine about this one for an eternity.

It will be his crutch.

ROYC75
10-20-2005, 09:30 AM
This sucks, no live telecast.

jspchief
10-20-2005, 09:30 AM
God dammit.
You know if it's tape delayed, no matter how much I avoid TV all weekend, some stupid douche bag is going to spoil it. Either by posting it here, or some f*ckhead in real life.

StcChief
10-20-2005, 09:31 AM
Friday nite football works for me.

Pants
10-20-2005, 09:32 AM
This sucks, no live telecast.

Are you sure? Because that would blow donkey cock.

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Am I reading this right? If the game is moved to tomorrow night, there will be no TV broadcast anywhere, not even the local markets?

jynni
10-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Well all bitching aside - it's not as bad as play on a Thursday night...

Didn't some poor team (maybe Dallas?) get a Monday night /Thursday night screw job one year?

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Are you sure? Because that would blow donkey cock.
Apparently that's legal in Seattle. But not with your neighbor's donkey.

The Bad Guy
10-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Am I reading this right? If the game is moved to tomorrow night, there will be no T V broadcast anywhere, not even the local markets?

It wouldn't surprise me, but that is complete and utter bullshit.

The NFL has it's own freaking network for christ sakes and it should use that avenue to show the game instead of showing the 100th repeat of NFL Total Access that day.

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 09:36 AM
It wouldn't surprise me, but that is complete and utter bullshit.

The NFL has it's own freaking network for christ sakes and it should use that avenue to show the game instead of showing the 100th repeat of NFL Total Access that day.
Yeah, that would be great for everyone that's not a Time Warner suscriber. :banghead::cuss:

chief52
10-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Apparently that's legal in Seattle. But not with your neighbor's donkey.

Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's ass...

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 09:37 AM
God dammit.
You know if it's tape delayed, no matter how much I avoid TV all weekend, some stupid douche bag is going to spoil it. Either by posting it here, or some f*ckhead in real life.

The Chiefs lost 19-17. Oops.

mac58
10-20-2005, 09:39 AM
i will kill people if this is not on TV

Predarat
10-20-2005, 09:42 AM
When the Titans game got moved last year it was on TV, but local TV only. It wasn't live on Sunday Ticket.

The Bad Guy
10-20-2005, 09:43 AM
When the Titans game got moved last year it was on TV, but local TV only. It wasn't live on Sunday Ticket.

That was because of Saturday afternoon College Football rules.

HemiEd
10-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Am I reading this right? If the game is moved to tomorrow night, there will be no TV broadcast anywhere, not even the local markets?

Surely the NFL is not that Stupid............are they?

Pants
10-20-2005, 09:44 AM
It better be on local TV, dammit!

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 09:45 AM
The NFL has been brilliant through the years in marketing its product. How does NOT showing an NFL game on TV benefit the league? If there's no rule preventing it from airing the game live, I can't imagine the league passing on the chance to show it, either on its own channel or on ESPN (unless CBS wants to pre-empt its Friday night lineup).

chief52
10-20-2005, 09:46 AM
According to 810 the NFL made it official. 7:00 EST Friday night in Miami.

Warrior5
10-20-2005, 09:47 AM
If they lose, Vermeil will whine about this one for an eternity.

It will be his crutch.

And if the Chiefs win, Vermiel can pull a skinbra on Tagliabue...

BITE OFF!!! HOOOOOCCCCKKKK!!!!

SPchief
10-20-2005, 09:50 AM
According to kctv 5 it is official
6:00 pm kc time
will be showed on cbs locally

Predarat
Titans/Phins game moved (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7663156)
Yep-thats what they did for the Titans/Phins last year. Live for the local markets, delayed to the normal time for the Ticket. But I think they handle each of these situations differently. Im pretty sure the game will still be on in at least the local markets.

Rain Man
I hope they're going to televise it.

I really hope they're going to televise it.

philfree
10-20-2005, 09:51 AM

So the game will air in Miami and KC? I wonder if they'll air it here in Springfield? IMO the NFL Network should show it too.

PhilFree:arrow:

Pants
10-20-2005, 09:52 AM
According to kctv 5 it is official
6:00 pm kc time
will be showed on cbs locally

Deep sigh of relief.

Shitty picture quality is better than no picture...

Katipan
10-20-2005, 09:53 AM
this ruins my entire sunday menu planning :(

which is, after all. what's important.

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Well, shit, local TV does me no good.

Warrior5
10-20-2005, 09:55 AM
No time for press conferences. Just go to work, get on the plane, and win.

Shag
10-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Well, shit, local TV does me no good.

Same here. So much for being able to watch all the games on Sunday Ticket... :deevee:

Pants
10-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Maybe KPhobia can enforce a rule about not posting anything concerning the game result in the thread titles. That way, the Sunday ticket people can watch it on Sunday and then start discussing it here...

NewChief
10-20-2005, 10:00 AM
I hope that our UPN picks it up like they do the preseason games. If not the NFL network should really pick it up. I love the idea of a game on Friday night. I hate the idea of being unable to watch it.

Seek
10-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah... were you listening right before Welbourne came on when Bob Saget said "I want to taste your taint" on the air??? That's hot.........

Yeah, I never liked Bob Sagat, but I think that was from America funniest home videos and the stupid jokes. But he was pretty funny today. L:ike whent he called the family from Arkansas who has 16 kids. He said, "She probably did the interview on her back"

Pants
10-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Ah's seen it!

Shag
10-20-2005, 10:03 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/10/20/chiefsdolphins_game_moved_to_friday/

Thig Lyfe
10-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Gaaah. Me no like.

Warrior5
10-20-2005, 10:04 AM
this ruins my entire sunday menu planning :(

which is, after all. what's important.

No, Mer; you're looking at this all wrong. It actually gives you 3 more hours to cook, so chow will be ready in time for you to watch the Giants beat on the Donks.

You might very well be celebrating the Chiefs moving back into a tie for 1st.

...a glass half-full kinda guy.

Katipan
10-20-2005, 10:07 AM
No, Mer; you're looking at this all wrong. It actually gives you 3 more hours to cook, so chow will be ready in time for you to watch the Giants beat on the Donks.

You might very well be celebrating the Chiefs moving back into a tie for 1st.

Thats a beautiful sentiment, and I'm ashamed I didn't think of it.

Pants
10-20-2005, 10:10 AM
If that were to happen, Broncos would 5-2 and Chiefs would be 4-2. Wouldn't that mean they'd get to keep the 1st place?

bringbackmarty
10-20-2005, 10:11 AM
I just went to the phin board under "curseofmarino"

banned by my fourth post.
"you know willie roaf has a size 16 shoe, that's gonna hurt when it goes up your d's ass on friday"

Pants
10-20-2005, 10:12 AM

"you know willie roaf has a size 16 shoe, that's gonna hurt when it goes up your d's ass on friday"

ROFL

Awesome name.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 10:15 AM

Eric Draven needs to go straighten them out.

Warrior5
10-20-2005, 10:19 AM
If that were to happen, Broncos would 5-2 and Chiefs would be 4-2. Wouldn't that mean they'd get to keep the 1st place?

Only if you look at it as, um, well, er...I got nothin'.

Warrior5
10-22-2005, 02:36 PM

What's on the menu for Sunday?