PDA

View Full Version : Kendrell Bell: Diary of a Hitman

Otter
10-20-2005, 10:36 AM
If you go to the front page of the planet there's an article with the above title in the bottom right under the KFFL feed. I can't get to it because our firewall blocks the page.

Could someone please cut/paste it, if it sucks I take full responsibility.

Spank you belly much.

jspchief
10-20-2005, 10:40 AM
It referes to Bell as a hitman. That tells me all I need to know.

Otter
10-20-2005, 10:42 AM
It referes to Bell as a hitman. That tells me all I need to know.

I fart in your general direction.

Pants
10-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Kendrell Bell: Diary of the Hitman
Crowd noise, Redskins, and my Nintendo DS. Plus, exclusive new screens of Madden 360.
by Kendrell Bell (sports_feedback@ign.com)

October 14, 2005 - As told to Jon Robinson

Looking back, we gave that game against Philly away. We beat ourselves. Some people don't think you can take positives out of certain losses, but there are things you see on film that we can now eliminate going into the next game. And believe me, we're studying the film hard these days. Turnovers killed us, but we just have to put the loss behind us, and I think it's something we've all managed to do.

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/658/658605/kendrell-bell-diary-of-the-hitman-20051014040148333-000.jpg
Madden 360 makes Kendrell come to life.

We have Washington coming in this week, and I think the game is going to come down to the Redskins (http://sports.ign.com/articles/658/658605p1.html#) offensive line. That's what we've been talking about from a defensive perspective. That offensive line has done a great job protecting Mark Brunell and he's given a lot of time to make those big plays downfield to Santana Moss. On the flip side, Clinton Portis (http://sports.ign.com/articles/658/658605p1.html#) hasn't necessarily been doing his thing since he left Denver. This is a totally different offense for him and I don't think this offense plays to his strengths as a runner. Denver's offense allowed him to cutback, slash, and make plays. But if we can keep Portis inside the tackles, he won't be successful. Looking at the big picture of the Redskins offense, they have a good game plan, running the ball, then striking deep to Moss. We're still studying everything they do in order to get a better perspective of what this offense might try to pull on us. Like I said, we're studying a lot of film these days.

I think the key to winning Sunday and getting back to our winning ways really lies in the details. Whenever we give up big plays on defense, it's when we face a play that we haven't rehearsed a lot against or that we didn't key on as much during the week, but if we can pay attention to more details during the week, we won't get caught for those big plays on Sunday.

One thing the fans might not realize is how much the crowd at Arrowhead works to our advantage. I just want the fans to know that they need to continue to be as loud as they can when the defense is on the field. It really affects the players out on there, and when you hear the fans yelling for you, it's like an adrenaline rush being pumped right through your body. The past couple of years, this team has been known for what they do out on offense, but right now, we're trying to create this buzz that our defense can take over. And in order to do that, you need that foundation, you need that fan base, that crowd noise pumping you up. Like I said, if we can pay attention to more detail and we can continue to get that crowd support behind us, we'll be a better team.

Game Time
Whenever we go on the road, I always bring my Nintendo DS with me. I'm addicted to Super Mario 64. I love the two screens the system has, even learned to play the game with the little wand. The DS is the system that helps me pass the time on the plane. I was playing Madden the other day and Lawrence Tynes saw himself kick the ball in the game and started laughing. It's still funny for all of us to see ourselves in Madden, and it never gets old. I can't wait to get my hands on Madden for the Xbox 360. I'm basically counting the days until that system launches.

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/658/658605/kendrell-bell-diary-of-the-hitman-20051014040146177-000.jpg
KB making the play in Madden 360.

Until then, I'll just keep playing my Nintendo DS, keep playing Mario, and keep studying that film. With time, our defense will continue to get better the more we work together, the more we learn to trust each other out on the field, and hopefully you'll see those results against Washington. We need this win to get back on our feet, and hopefully our next winning streak can start this Sunday at Arrowhead.

And just remember, anyone going to the game, we want you to yell as loud as you can for your defense. Your noise really does make a difference.

Link (http://sports.ign.com/articles/658/658605p1.html).

jspchief
10-20-2005, 10:51 AM
How appropriate. Kendrell Bell asking for more production out of the fans.

Otter
10-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks Metro :D

Pants
10-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks Metro :D

No problem.

LOL, KB was my Adopt-a-Chief, but I dropped him thinking I was jinxing him. That didn't seem to work, heh.