PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Get The Game In Springfield. RISE UP WITH ME CP BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 12:24 PM
I shot an e-mail to KOLR our local CBS station...

The email was to dwasson@kolr10.com

I got this reply.

KOLR is not permitted to air the Chiefs game on Friday night. Due to contractual stipulations with the NFL, CBS is prohibited from airing the Friday night game in any markets other than KC and Miami. KOLR10 is still waiting to see what our early game will be on Sunday, replacing the Chiefs game. Our late game will be Denver @ NY Giants.

If the contractual part is with the NFL wouldn't you think something can be worked out? It is in the NFL's best intrest to make this happen...should I try and get the ear of someone with the NFL?

Rain Man
10-20-2005, 12:26 PM
Heck. This wasn't a big deal until I noticed that it affects me, too. RISE UP, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Heck. This wasn't a big deal until I noticed that it affects me, too. RISE UP, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
Bingo....start shooting emails to KOLR10.com and the NFL on behlaf of Springfield, MO.

The cultural epicenter of our great country.

Captain Obvious
10-20-2005, 12:33 PM
I've sent three already.

MadMax
10-20-2005, 12:38 PM
I've sent three already.

I've emailed them as well.

MOhillbilly
10-20-2005, 12:39 PM
done.

whats dan lucys email-he does commentary and takes emails on his sports report.

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Done

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 12:42 PM
done.

whats dan lucys email-he does commentary and takes emails on his sports report.
dlucy@kolr10.com

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I can't find an actual NFL league office contact for the life of me.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm going to email them repeatedly to not mess with my regular Friday night programming. You bastards can suffer with the rest of us.

MOhillbilly
10-20-2005, 12:52 PM
I can't find an actual NFL league office contact for the life of me.try the KC PR man.

national football leauge office## 212-450-2000

Scaga
10-20-2005, 01:04 PM
I got the same type of bullshit here in Wichita (KWCH).
I'm getting f'n mad now.

:banghead:

CrazyHorse
10-20-2005, 01:30 PM
I will be happy to send an email. However, perhaps the reason that CBS cannot broadcast it at this point is because the NFL is still trying to get it on a national network. It would be in the best interest of the NFL, the Chiefs and thier fans to broadcast the game into as many homes as possible. If the game is bradcast on a Springfield network, that would basically mean that the likelyhood of folks seing it outside of Springfield is unlikely.

Best case senario is if they dont get to show it because it will play nationally. I am sure that the NFL network would be the only entity that would have a problem with that. Or for it showing on a local Springfield channel for that matter.

Worst case senario is that no one can see it because DTV forces the issue. They do have a contract with the NFL. It is the only entity that I can think of that would not benefit from the game airing on Friday night.

DTV holds the keys, I think. This would likely be the network to be schmoozing.

Woodrow Call
10-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Zach have you heard if US 97 is going to have the radio broadcast?

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 02:09 PM
The NFL called me back and he said after checking into it there is no way it plays in Springfield. He listed time constraints and the sudden nature of all of this as the biggest problem. I was taking a crap when he called so he just left a message. Said the game would be available in both local markets and on Sirius radio and NFL field pass and thats about it.

I have no idea baout US 97. I have never listened to the Chiefs on radio around here...

till now I guess.

MOhillbilly
10-20-2005, 02:11 PM
I have no idea baout US 97. I have never listened to the Chiefs on radio around here...

till now I guess.

im sure they will.

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Ok, so...I guess...

At this point hopefully there is some bar that will be able to carry the game. I am not sure if they all do that through direct TV. I know commercial places and residentital place are treated alot differently with services of that nature. Maybe a place will be able to show a game for some reason??

MOhillbilly
10-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Ok, so...I guess...

At this point hopefully there is some bar that will be able to carry the game. I am not sure if they all do that through direct TV. I know commercial places and residentital place are treated alot differently with services of that nature. Maybe a place will be able to show a game for some reason??

sportsbar on the southside?

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 02:31 PM
sportsbar on the southside?
Shit, I dont care where it is as long as I get to watch it. I am gonna call the GM of Brew Co later tonight he is a buddy of mine. Maybe he will know something.

MOhillbilly
10-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Shit, I dont care where it is as long as I get to watch it. I am gonna call the GM of Brew Co later tonight he is a buddy of mine. Maybe he will know something.

HIT US W/ THE DETAILS.
Push come to shove i may just sneak out early and drive to KC and watch it.