PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting a headache?

Scaga
10-20-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm getting pissed....
I don't know WTF is going on with the television broadcast(s). 47 threads about it and nobody seems to know for sure.

:cuss:

Lzen
10-20-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm getting pissed....
I don't know WTF is going on with the television broadcast(s). 47 threads about it and nobody seems to know for sure.

:cuss:

True dat.

:banghead:

Taco John
10-20-2005, 01:35 PM
I know for sure. As of right now they are not going to show the game except in local markets. This is unlikely to change.

Scaga
10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
I know for sure. As of right now they are not going to show the game except in local markets. This is unlikely to change.

Yeah...this f'n helps :shake:

Taco John
10-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah...this f'n helps :shake:

It sounds like what you are looking for is someone to tell you what you want to hear, not actually what is...

I'm just as disappointed about it as you are. I'd love to watch a Friday Night Football game. But the situation is what it is... There are a plethora of reasons why this game is highly unlikely to be broadcast... Contracts in place is one... The NFL doesn't want to step on HS Football night is another... Existing tv schedules yet another... There is a lot of red tape to cut in less than 24 hours to make it happen..

ptlyon
10-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Won't be shown period except in KC or Miami it sounds like. From KELO in Sioux Falls, SD:

We received word from CBS that we will not be able to carry the game on Friday night. The NFL has some sort of rule about this and there will only be about 5 stations in the country that will be able to air the Kansas City @ Miami game tomorrow. We will have the Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati game on Sunday instead.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Regards,

Karen Floyd

Program Director

KELOLAND TV & UTV

SLAG
10-20-2005, 02:01 PM
and btw No HD for us here in KC

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 02:02 PM
I think this is the funniest shit to happen on the Planet for at least a few weeks. People are literally melting down because they can't watch a football game.

KC Dan
10-20-2005, 02:05 PM
I think this is the funniest shit to happen on the Planet for at least a few weeks. People are literally melting down because they can't watch a football game.
Laught it up Fuzzball! Some of us have pathetic lives and need to watch weekly Chiefs games to validate our existance. Screw off freak boy, you're kust living in your euphoric engaged world.

:)

StcChief
10-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Disappointed with NFL and the way they handled it.

If it was Jets Miami, NE Miami it would be done differently.

alanm
10-20-2005, 02:08 PM
According to NFL.com tv details were still being worked out. But I think the Ticket should just show it live nationally tomorrow night. Screw HS football. Guess we'll find out more by this evening. :shrug:

alanm
10-20-2005, 02:09 PM
and btw No HD for us here in KC
F*ck the HD aspect. I just want to see the game. :cuss: :cuss:

Thig Lyfe
10-20-2005, 02:50 PM
This sucks teh big one. I'm out of town Friday and Saturday.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 02:52 PM
You know Im thinking more people would tune into to watch the Chiefs game than watch an episode of Horse Whisperer.

Taco John
10-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Disappointed with NFL and the way they handled it.

If it was Jets Miami, NE Miami it would be done differently.

Not really.

tk13
10-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Well if I were one of those who actually spent that much money on the Ticket I wouldn't be a raging ball of fire, but I don't think it's out of line to try and find out the information about what's going to happen and see if I can get some kind of refund out of it.

Taco John
10-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Good luck getting money back... DTV is losing tons of subscribers out of these hurricanes... They're not going to give back a red cent they don't have to.

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Good luck getting money back... DTV is losing tons of subscribers out of these hurricanes... They're not going to give back a red cent they don't have to.
Quite a few people have called already and gotten credit because of this.

tk13
10-20-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm not subscribed to the ticket, but I've seen 2-3 examples already today of people on this board saying they have gotten refunds of some sort. I know one person got a small refund and another got the entire Superfan package for free, which is pretty impressive. DTV also has paid a ton of money for exclusive NFL rights, I don't think they want to lose subscribers and lose more money that way...