View Full Version : Solution for those stuck outside of KC

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 01:10 PM
http://www.kcfx.com

Wait till game time.

Click on "Listen live". Problem solved.

ChiefsGirl
10-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Would that be different then listening on KCFX.com ?

mac58
cool at this point this looks like its all we got. is there any site u can pay and watch a feed. legal or illegal???

|Zach|
Ya if I am going to listen to the game live I will just tune into 101 the fox over the information super highway.

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Would that be different then listening on KCFX.com ?
Do they broadcast a live feed off KCFX? If so, no. I thought they cut the broadcast off the net because of some legal issues.

ChiefsGirl
10-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Do they broadcast a live feed off KCFX? If so, no. I thought they cut the broadcast off the net because of some legal issues.

No, they stream live.

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Cool, nevermind then. I didn't know if it was like the MLB where they cut the game broadcast off.

ROYC75
10-20-2005, 01:16 PM
I listen to them everyday, for music and sports.

ROYC75
10-20-2005, 01:17 PM
But the game has about a 2 minute delay in it.

CrazyHorse
10-20-2005, 01:17 PM

THey broadcast in audio, no vieo. Is field pass just an audio feed?

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Yes, audio only. Same with KCFX. Better than nothing.

I have prior obligations on Friday night, so i'll have to be listening to it on the radio for the most part. Mitch & Lenny do a great job IMO.

Rain Man
10-20-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm like the head of Apollo 13 here in Denver. I've got a square TV, 13 feet of tubing, and some tape, and I need to make it fit a round game. I'm working all of the options, coming up with lists and failure mode charts and Plans B through Z.

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

Sig Kauffman
10-20-2005, 01:20 PM

Wait till game time.

I had to listen to the game on radio last week. I don't know if it will even be on any of the other Chiefs network affiliates because Friday is of course a big night for high school football. Good to see someone is thinking of alternatives though instead of whining about why nobody is showing the game.

Cave Johnson
10-20-2005, 01:21 PM

More like a 1 play delay.

Hydrae
10-20-2005, 01:23 PM
This owuld be the only way I got the game even if it was still on Sunday so no worries here. Heck, that site is bookmarked and has been for a few years now.

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 01:24 PM
I could care less about the delay if im not watchin it.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Is it choppy or anything? How good does it come in? Do you have to have any special thing downloaded on your computer to listen to it?

jcl-kcfan2
10-20-2005, 01:51 PM

Wait till game time.

LAST TIME I CHECKED THEY DO NOT LIVE FEED VIDEO!!!!

I was looking forward to SEEING the game, not just hear it.

PastorMikH
10-20-2005, 01:52 PM
That's what I normally do, but I'm going to be in OK City friday night - without a laptop. So I won't be able to listen. Add in the fact that after not seeing them for month, I was really looking forward to watching the Chiefs this sunday.

PastorMikH
10-20-2005, 01:53 PM

That probably explains why the button says "Listen" live instead of "Watch" live.

:)

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 01:54 PM

I was looking forward to SEEING the game, not just hear it.
Well, too bad. This is better than nothing, though.

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 01:56 PM
I could care less about the delay if im not watchin it.

It's funky, though, if you're also on the Planet at the same time. Posters on the game thread who are watching it on TV post "YES!" and "PRIEST!" and "Great throw, Trent!" while the Internet radio feed is two plays behind.

Yes, the solution is to not be on the Planet. But I enjoy watching the game and posting on the Planet at the same time. Guess the radio feed alone is better than nothing, but it's gonna really suck not having the game on TV.

PastorMikH
10-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Well, too bad. This is better than nothing, though.

Yep. for the last 3 games I've listened on KCFX and watched ESPN's drive summary chart.

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 01:58 PM
It's funky, though, if you're also on the Planet at the same time. Posters on the game thread who are watching it on TV post "YES!" and "PRIEST!" and "Great throw, Trent!" while the Internet radio feed is two plays behind.

Yes, the solution is to not be on the Planet. But I enjoy watching the game and posting on the Planet at the same time. Guess the radio feed alone is better than nothing, but it's gonna really suck not having the game on TV.
I could see how that would happen. I personally detest game threads. The things said on those things....

Are incredible. heh.

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 02:01 PM
I could see how that would happen. I personally detest game threads. The things said on those things....

Are incredible. heh.

I love 'em. They're fun -- and they're an easy way to boost your post count. :)

150 posts in one day consisting of "nice," "first down!" "we need to convert," "dammit Samie!" and "our defense sucks."

ChiTown
10-20-2005, 02:01 PM
If I can't get the game on here in Wichita, I'm going to go postal on the local CBS affiliate......

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 02:03 PM
I hate gamethreads as well. I'm rarely ever at home to post on them anyways.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 02:04 PM
If I can't get the game on here in Wichita, I'm going to go postal on the local CBS affiliate......

There not showing it in Wichita, called them and asked.

harpes
You can also catch a flight to KC, go to the local sprots bar, hit the boats, maybe a couple of strip clubs and call it a weekend.

Dunit35
Is it choppy or anything? How good does it come in? Do you have to have any special thing downloaded on your computer to listen to it?

Anybody want to tell me about this?

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 02:05 PM
I love 'em. They're fun -- and they're an easy way to boost your post count. :)

150 posts in one day consisting of "nice," "first down!" "we need to convert," "dammit Samie!" and "our defense sucks."
Thats like no game thread ive seen.

Most of them involve talking about how the game is lost in the 1st qtr.

angel
10-20-2005, 02:08 PM
go there now and find out if it's choppy for you, it's a live radio broadcast
I listen to kcfx.com at work all the time, and it only messes up if I'm running too many programs at once on the computer

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Thats like no game thread ive seen.

Most of them involve talking about how the game is lost in the 1st qtr.

Oh, yeah ... make that 160 posts.

Scaga
10-20-2005, 02:09 PM
All I need is about 180 miles worth of coax cable and I can watch it from my livingroom. :deevee:

chiefsfaninNC
10-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Come on ESPN or NFL network. Someone needs to carry this game. I have directtv just so I can watch all the chiefs games. Only way to get them here in NASCAR country. Dam* I want to SEE this game. Warfield is finally back. I think the D will be much more aggressive with him in there.

ChiefsGirl
10-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Anyone with Sirius will be able to listen as well.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 02:12 PM
go there now and find out if it's choppy for you, it's a live radio broadcast
I listen to kcfx.com at work all the time, and it only messes up if I'm running too many programs at once on the computer

Ah, thanks very clear. I have no Idea what song this is though. I sure hope it sounds like this tomorrow! Sounds very good. It'll work for me.

PastorMikH

Usually sounds just like I have the radio on. Though I do have highspeed access. There are rare times when my computer has to re-buffer the feed.

Last Sunday I had to do some stuff outside so I ran a 1/8 headphone jack extension cord into the computer and ran a set of PC speakers outside and listened just fine.

runnercyclist
Listem, my ass. Show the game everywhere!

Raiderhader

Would you prefer a two day delay?

Inspector
10-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Yes, audio only. Same with KCFX. Better than nothing.

I have prior obligations on Friday night, so i'll have to be listening to it on the radio for the most part. Mitch & Lenny do a great job IMO.

I always listen to the game on KCFX to hear Mitch and Len. The network announcers suck and these guys are Chiefs fans. I like to hear the game called by a fellow fan rather than the network guys who always sound like fans of the other team - to me.

Except for that Randy Cross guy and Sterling Sharpe - They're big Chiefs fans aren't they?

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 02:17 PM
I like 101's work a lot. Esp before and after the game. I just get really really sick of Lenny. I don't like the guy at all.

YES WE KNOW DAWSON! THE KEY TO THE GAME IS TO PROTECT THE QB! HOLY SHIAT!

KC Dan
10-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Saul,
I have met you and you seem like a nice enough guy. So, I think that I can speak for all of the Chiefs fans outside the local KC and Miami area by quite clearly stating - F*CK OFF!!! WHY DON'T YOU ENJOY WATCHING THE GAME WHILE WE GET SCREWED!!!
Yeah, I'm pissed. I spend thousands of dollars each year to follow this team & I enjoy watching the games live on TV when not in KC. I have listened on KCFX while in Ireland & once was enough for me. It sucks! Maybe, I'll just enjoy watching the Kenesha, Latoya, or Serena WB crap shows on a boring azz friday night. ESPN, CBS, & the NFL are friggin' idiots. They could boost their sorry azz friday night ratings by showing this game nationally and they are not. F*CK THEM TOO!!!

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 02:18 PM
no way will kcfx's server handle that load.

angel
10-20-2005, 02:19 PM
don't most sports bars have access to all the games?

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 02:21 PM
no way will kcfx's server handle that load.
A whole lot of people already listen to these games each week. Itll be interesting to see if there is a problem.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 02:22 PM
I always listen to the game on KCFX to hear Mitch and Len. The network announcers suck and these guys are Chiefs fans. I like to hear the game called by a fellow fan rather than the network guys who always sound like fans of the other team - to me.

Except for that Randy Cross guy and Sterling Sharpe - They're big Chiefs fans aren't they?
Mitch is OK. Kevin Harlan was better.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 02:26 PM
A whole lot of people already listen to these games each week. Itll be interesting to see if there is a problem.

You think there will be a problem?

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Saul,
I have met you and you seem like a nice enough guy. So, I think that I can speak for all of the Chiefs fans outside the local KC and Miami area by quite clearly stating - F*CK OFF!!! WHY DON'T YOU ENJOY WATCHING THE GAME WHILE WE GET SCREWED!!!
Yeah, I'm pissed. I spend thousands of dollars each year to follow this team & I enjoy watching the games live on TV when not in KC. I have listened on KCFX while in Ireland & once was enough for me. It sucks! Maybe, I'll just enjoy watching the Kenesha, Latoya, or Serena WB crap shows on a boring azz friday night. ESPN, CBS, & the NFL are friggin' idiots. They could boost their sorry azz friday night ratings by showing this game nationally and they are not. F*CK THEM TOO!!!
As do I, but when I can't get to watch a game, it don't cramp my style.

I've had to follow games via cell phones, gametrackers, and audio feeds before. No big deal.

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Mitch is OK. Kevin Harlan was better.
I loved listening to Mitch at KSU. I liked Harlan too. Wish they would have stayed in their respective places, but this is an ok trade off.

Jmart
10-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Anyone know if this is going to work? Any other radio options?

|Zach|
10-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Anyone know if this is going to work? Any other radio options?
Why wouldn't it work

Luzap
10-21-2005, 03:42 PM
I can't get it to work...

Anyone else?

Luz
???

KC Dan
10-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Working fine here. Check that you are not blocking popups.

Luzap
10-21-2005, 04:04 PM
KCDan,

Pop ups are off ~ but still nothing. The screen goes white then comes up as is.

How long ago did you log on?

Luz
*&%##)*#

KC Dan
10-21-2005, 04:05 PM
KCDan,

Luz
*&%##)*#
Just now. I logged onto kcfx website, chose listen live after turning off popups. I am listening to Holthus right now.

Luzap
10-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I envy you...

I've done this for many games without problem until today.

Luz
i've still got nothing...

CrazyHorse
10-21-2005, 04:12 PM
KCDan,

Luz
*&%##)*#

Hold down the control key while the player loads. Thats what I had to do. Good luck.

Kclee
10-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Anyone with Sirius will be able to listen as well.

On channel 121.

Rain Man
10-21-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm getting the white screen on kcfx, too.

chefsos
10-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Works fine for me, and I've got freakin' Netzero dialup. There is a registration popup, but the audio came on before I filled it out, so I ignored it.

Rain Man
10-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Man, it just gives me a blank white screen. I've used the site before, too. That's majorly annoying.