PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs game to be shown live on channel 706 tomorrow night on Directv!

KChiefs1
10-20-2005, 02:17 PM
I asked to speak to a supervisor & was told by James that the game will be shown live on Directv channel 706 tomorrow night live...no tape delay.
:clap:

EDITED VERSION:

I'm not FOS! This conversation actually happened, but unfortunately no one at Directv knew what the hell was going on when I called yesterday....sorry for everyone who thought the game would be on live tonight!

my apologies. :(

NewChief
10-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Daaamn. Now I gotta find someone with DTV.

KChiefs1
10-20-2005, 02:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/

EDITED VERSION:

At one time channel 706 was there, but of course they've left it blank now.

My apologies :(

philfree
10-20-2005, 02:31 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/

If this is true then I guess I can pull the clip from Colt 45 and lock it back in the gun safe.

PhilFree:arrow:

runnercyclist
10-20-2005, 02:31 PM
That is encouraging.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 02:33 PM
I hope this is true and doesnt get my hopes up!

mac58
10-20-2005, 02:33 PM
If this is true then I guess I can pull the clip from Colt 45 and lock it back in the gun safe.

lolololololololololololol

i hope this is true

PunkinDrublic
10-20-2005, 02:34 PM
If you are wrong I will be forced to give you negative rep.

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Hahahaha. That would be cool, but the local folks in Kansas/Missouri would still not get it if they don't have DTV.

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 02:36 PM

Wow, you don't screw around. Stone-cold, man.

philfree
10-20-2005, 02:37 PM

Maybe I'll leave the clip in Gun and the key in the safe door :)

Redcoats58
10-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Wow, you don't screw around. Stone-cold, man.
True, I was gonna take it easy on him and break out the nuthooks.

JOhn
10-20-2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule/KC

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Daaamn. Now I gotta find someone with DTV.
I'll bet they will have to have Sunday Ticket as well. Herzig would be your best bet. But he will probably be out chasing tail.

Johnson&Johnson
10-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Shit shit shit shit!

What excuse must I come out with now that I need to get off work at 3:30pm to make it to a Sports Bar to catch at 4pm.

I'm in the Pacific Standard Time.

Wilma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're a real f***ing B**CH!

Nzoner
10-20-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm not taking any chances,I'm going to a friends house and watching it on the local CBS affiliate.

siberian khatru
10-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Wilma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're a real f***ing B**CH!

I used to love it when Fred would yell that in the cartoons.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm not taking any chances,I'm going to a friends house and watching it on the local CBS affiliate.

Either way, I might get to watch it on on NFL Sunday Ticket tomorrow, or Ill have to listen to it on the radio.

Chief Henry
10-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I asked to speak to a supervisor & was told by James that the game will be shown live on Directv channel 706 tomorrow night live...no tape delay.

Rain Man
10-20-2005, 03:03 PM
This whole episode has really made me more aware of the dangers of global warming.

Spray deodorant leads to...

Ozone, which leads to...

Trapped greenhouse gases, which leads to...

Warmer ocean waters, which leads to...

Increased hurricane activity, which leads to...

Me possibly missing my football game, which leads to...

Me going postal and spraying cans of deodorant into the eyes of random people.

cmh6476
10-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Chiefs have just said (from 810) the game will NOT be shown on direct TV, outside the Miami and KC viewing areas...

tk13
10-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Chiefs have just said (from 810) the game will NOT be shown on direct TV, outside the Miami and KC viewing areas...
Yeah, I'd still wait for some kind of official release... I don't really trust anything I've read so far, I wouldn't get my hopes up quite yet...

DTLB58
10-20-2005, 03:20 PM
I checked the guide on ch 706 and it says "To be announced" All the other channels have their game listed for Sunday..... :hmmm:

The Bad Guy
10-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I checked the guide on ch 706 and it says "To be announced" All the other channels have their game listed for Sunday..... :hmmm:

At about noon, they had the game on 706 listed as 1 on Sunday.

This is good news then.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2005, 03:31 PM

someone from the Chiefs said it wouldn't be shown live but only tape delay.

:shrug:

wolfpack0735
10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
when peguss had sunday ticket they showed all games even if they were on local tv. then direct tv took over they blackout the games in local markets. why pay big bucks for sunday ticket if the local has it. because of things like this, should have told the kids they have to eat one meal aweek and no college payment for another to pay for sunday ticket. oh well lifes a bit@h!

Alphaman
10-20-2005, 03:54 PM
I called DirecTV two different times to make sure I got the same answer. Both times the rep put me on hold and then came back and said the game would definitely be on live Friday.

I sure hope so. I have a meeting at church at 6:30, but I purchased TiVo just so I could record the games that I get on Sunday NFL ticket which I purchased just so I could see the Chiefs.

runnercyclist
10-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Denied.

Sunday replay.

Complete bullshit

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Why can't they show it on Direct TV? And if they can't show it live on Direct TV why not just show it on NFL Network? I guess I have to go out and buy Sirius radio to listen to the broadcast...

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
I forced DirecTV to give me the Superfan package for free for the rest of the season, otherwise I would Cancel Sunday ticket. I told them, that the contract was their problem, not mine. I make decisions based on what is in my "message space" or what I can control, and I can control this Sunday Ticket renewal. I don't care if it isn't your fault.

I knew they would do it, cause there is no out of pocket to unhook my card to watch that, anything less and they would have been unreasonable. Because they did it, it shows that they are at least trying to appease an obvious NFL cluster fug arrangement that is as archaic as it is moronic.

Count Zarth
10-20-2005, 04:58 PM
So...it's on tomorrow? On 706? Everywhere?

recxjake
10-20-2005, 04:59 PM
wait, so is this game on tomorow night or not?

Swanman
10-20-2005, 05:02 PM
I just talked to an asshat in customer retention and he said it will only be broadcast in the local markets. I proceeded to yell at him for about 15 minutes and hung up on him when he told me "you can still watch it on Sunday" for the 12th time.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Channels are not listed for the game anymore because it is only in local markets.

frankton
10-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Channel 706 currently shows the game not to be shown until Sunday at 1 Eastern.

Count Zarth
10-20-2005, 05:03 PM
This is nuts.

tk13
10-20-2005, 05:06 PM
According to the two most "official" things I've seen, the Dolphins website and a comment by an NFL spokesman, both said that it's just going to those 5 CBS affiliates, 3 in Florida and 2 in KS/MO. Until I personally see something contradicting that, that's what I'd stick to... at least I am.

StcChief
10-20-2005, 05:11 PM
According to the two most "official" things I've seen, the Dolphins website and a comment by an NFL spokesman, both said that it's just going to those 5 CBS affiliates, 3 in Florida and 2 in KS/MO. Until I personally see something contradicting that, that's what I'd stick to... at least I am.

Yep. KCFX internet streaming audio.

They aren't bending or breaking existing contracts over 1 game.

Raiderhader
10-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I just talked to an asshat in customer retention and he said it will only be broadcast in the local markets. I proceeded to yell at him for about 15 minutes and hung up on him when he told me "you can still watch it on Sunday" for the 12th time.

Dude, that is not cool. It is not that person's fault. He is not the one making the decision.

runnercyclist
10-20-2005, 05:17 PM
All the DTV reps were very helpful. I called 6 times.

I just don't understand the business decision made by the NFL not to show the game to us out-of-market diehards that subscribe to Sunday Ticket?

Someone help me with that logic?

Swanman
10-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Dude, that is not cool. It is not that person's fault. He is not the one making the decision.

"Yelling" is probably not the most accurate term. I was professional about it, I just told him that DTV's pricing policies are unfair to begin with on ST, with fairly large increases in price over the last five years (it used to be near $100, now the undiscounted price is over $300 to get games in HD). Then when they don't live up to the letter of their promise to see all the Chiefs games, that makes things worse. The bottom line is refunds should be given when they can't live up to their end of the deal, regardless of the reason why. If I order something and it's not delivered, I shouldn't have to pay for it.

And until I can talk to the person who makes the decisions (CEO, etc.), I have to air my grievances with the guy who answers the phones. I don't like it either, but it's the way it is.

jaglow
10-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Yep. KCFX internet streaming audio.

They aren't bending or breaking existing contracts over 1 game.

I don't know much about internet streaming audio, so I'm asking. Will the shiat ton of people trying to access the audio stream on kcfx this game cause some sort of problem? Does anyone foresee a support issue with this? I have no knowledge so if someone does, please let me know. It would really suck if I couldn't even get it on the radio internet feed.

tk13
10-20-2005, 05:23 PM
All the DTV reps were very helpful. I called 6 times.

I just don't understand the business decision made by the NFL not to show the game to us out-of-market diehards that subscribe to Sunday Ticket?

Someone help me with that logic?
Simply legal issues, somebody posted the law earlier... prohibits professional football from stepping on college and high school football nights. If the NFL did this they would open themselves up to anti-trust lawsuits...

Raiderhader
10-20-2005, 05:24 PM
"Yelling" is probably not the most accurate term. I was professional about it, I just told him that DTV's pricing policies are unfair to begin with on ST, with fairly large increases in price over the last five years (it used to be near $100, now the undiscounted price is over $300 to get games in HD). Then when they don't live up to the letter of their promise to see all the Chiefs games, that makes things worse. The bottom line is refunds should be given when they can't live up to their end of the deal, regardless of the reason why. If I order something and it's not delivered, I shouldn't have to pay for it.

And until I can talk to the person who makes the decisions (CEO, etc.), I have to air my grievances with the guy who answers the phones. I don't like it either, but it's the way it is.

Maybe it's just me, but hanging up seems to kind of ruin any chance you have of reaching someone of importance.....

Raiderhader
10-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Simply legal issues, somebody posted the law earlier... prohibits professional football from stepping on college and high school football nights. If the NFL did this they would open themselves up to anti-trust lawsuits...

Which is why you move the game to a different venue versus a different night.

tk13
10-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Which is why you move the game to a different venue versus a different night.
I'm guessing they wanted to avoid another Saints/Giants fiasco and people complaining about taking away someone's home game.

Raiderhader
10-20-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm guessing they wanted to avoid another Saints/Giants fiasco and people complaining about taking away someone's home game.

I'm not suggesting they move it to KC, just a neutral site. At least that way neither team has a home field advantage, unlike the NY/NO stupidity.

Spott
10-20-2005, 05:40 PM
That game was scheduled to be shown as the regional game here in Jacksonville on Sunday. Hopefully it will be on the local station here tomorrow.

tk13
10-20-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm not suggesting they move it to KC, just a neutral site. At least that way neither team has a home field advantage, unlike the NY/NO stupidity.
Yeah I know, but I meant even a neutral site... they'd still be taking a home game away from somebody.

tk13
10-20-2005, 05:42 PM
That game was scheduled to be shown as the regional game here in Jacksonville on Sunday. Hopefully it will be on the local station here tomorrow.
According to what I've read, it will not, you're way too far away from Miami. Only the immediate Miami and KC area stations will air the game. Everybody else that was supposed to get it (places like Jacksonville, Wichita, etc..) will be getting a different regional game on Sunday.

Raiderhader
10-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah I know, but I meant even a neutral site... they'd still be taking a home game away from somebody.

But it is not like you are giving the home game to the opposing team. And if the Dolphins bitch about, tell 'em nobody told them to place their team right in the middle of hurricane alley. Concessions must be made, damnit.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 05:48 PM
It appears to me that CBS owns the rights to that game no matter when it is played. The NFL allows Directv to show those games everywhere except the local markets. (Federal law) CBS should be able to televise our game if it so desires. Maybe CBS is who we should be going after.

KC Dan
10-20-2005, 05:50 PM
It appears to me that CBS owns the rights to that game no matter when it is played. The NFL allows Directv to show those games everywhere except the local markets. (Federal law) CBS should be able to televise our game if it so desires. Maybe CBS is who we should be going after.
I say shotgun it. Go after everyone involved - the NFL, CBS, Direct TV, everyone associated with those companies down to the feeble satellite dish installation man. EVERYONE! Period. FUG 'EM ALL!!!:cuss:

tk13
10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
I say shotgun it. Go after everyone involved - the NFL, CBS, Direct TV, everyone associated with those companies down to the feeble satellite dish installation man. EVERYONE! Period. FUG 'EM ALL!!!:cuss:
Picket line in Skip's front yard, 8:30 tonight, everybody be there!! ROFL

Nzoner
10-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Based on the spike in toll free calls today and whatever refunds were worked out I'm sure the Ticket will go up yet again in '06.

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

ARROW2
10-20-2005, 07:32 PM
FOK DirecTV!!!!! FOK THEM!!!! MOTHAFOKKERS

meStevo
10-20-2005, 08:07 PM
It appears to me that CBS owns the rights to that game no matter when it is played. The NFL allows Directv to show those games everywhere except the local markets. (Federal law) CBS should be able to televise our game if it so desires. Maybe CBS is who we should be going after.No the NFL owns the rights to the game no matter what, and their agreement with CBS is why it will air on that network. Its not being shown out of market for legal reasons, nothing else.

It's not DirecTV's fault.

It's not CBS's fault.

Blame the NFL, and asinine legislation.

...Then when they don't live up to the letter of their promise to see all the Chiefs games....So you'll hold them to any kind of agreement when it suits you, but ignore the parts you don't like.... "Programming consists of all Sunday games broadcast on FOX and CBS at 1pm and 4pm ET"

Blame NFL, blame the weather, but this is now a Friday game and as a courtesy are going to provide the replay on Sunday.

Just like the ugly blackout rules that so many people scream and cry about every week (especially at the begining of the season, those threads on various boards are particularly entertaining) the angst is largely misplaced and are a result of improperly set expectations.

I'll be listening to it at kcfx.com just like last week. Lets have a good game and then get to figuring out how to stop San Diego.

Go Chiefs!

joesomebody
10-20-2005, 08:52 PM
No the NFL owns the rights to the game no matter what, and their agreement with CBS is why it will air on that network. Its not being shown out of market for legal reasons, nothing else.

It's not CBS's fault.

So you'll hold them to any kind of agreement when it suits you, but ignore the parts you don't like.... "Programming consists of all Sunday games broadcast on FOX and CBS at 1pm and 4pm ET"

Blame NFL, blame the weather, but this is now a Friday game and as a courtesy are going to provide the replay on Sunday.

Just like the ugly blackout rules that so many people scream and cry about every week (especially at the begining of the season, those threads on various boards are particularly entertaining) the angst is largely misplaced and are a result of improperly set expectations.

I'll be listening to it at kcfx.com just like last week. Lets have a good game and then get to figuring out how to stop San Diego.

Go Chiefs!Meh, true that... yeah I'm pissed, but I wouldn't have gotten to see that game at it's Sunday time here in Utah anyway...

So yup, kcfx it is...

kc1977
10-20-2005, 08:55 PM
No the NFL owns the rights to the game no matter what, and their agreement with CBS is why it will air on that network. Its not being shown out of market for legal reasons, nothing else.

It's not CBS's fault.

So you'll hold them to any kind of agreement when it suits you, but ignore the parts you don't like.... "Programming consists of all Sunday games broadcast on FOX and CBS at 1pm and 4pm ET"

Go Chiefs!

What - are you in DirecTV's customer relations department or something?

Seeing as the NFL does not care about their customers, especially those that live outside the immediate area of a team's city, going to the NFL is a waste of time.

DirecTV, on the other hand, is in the business of retaining customers. While they don't have the authority to do anything, enough of the nonsense that this kind of thing brings about and DirecTV will pressure the NFL to work something out in this kind of deal. There are only so many free credits and throw-ins that DirecTV can hand out to appease people pissed at the NFL. Although at this point, it seems like DirecTV is just the NFL's little bitch who will take the majority of the abuse and give away its product rather than tell the NFL that something is majorly screwed up.

kcfanintitanhell
10-20-2005, 08:58 PM

B

Like I said on a previous thread, that's why the Direct TV rep I got on the phone very politely said, "It's called NFL Sunday Ticket, not NFL Friday Night Ticket."

Smartazzzz.

tk13
10-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Although at this point, it seems like DirecTV is just the NFL's little bitch who will take the majority of the abuse and give away its product rather than tell the NFL that something is majorly screwed up.

Yeah they are, what leverage do they have? Absolutely none. If they complain, the NFL will say "Well we'll just take our package to Dish Network or Cable next time around." And DirecTV will have spent a gazillion dollars for nothing... the NFL can do whatever it wants, it's the most popular sport in the country and that's not going to change anytime soon, so everybody wants a piece of their pie, as opposed to the other way around.... Tags and Co. have all the power.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah they are, what leverage do they have? Absolutely none. If they complain, the NFL will say "Well we'll just take our package to Dish Network or Cable next time around." And DirecTV will have spent a gazillion dollars for nothing... the NFL can do whatever it wants, it's the most popular sport in the country and that's not going to change anytime soon, so everybody wants a piece of their pie, as opposed to the other way around.... Tags and Co. have all the power.
I agree with most of what you say but D* is nobody's little bitch. Especially not now with Rupert in charge. E* and all the cable companies have had their chance at the Ticket and failed to land it. Even before Rupert when General Motors owned it. D* has 16 million customers and can cover the entire US. No cable company comes close. So to say D* has "absolutely none" for leverage isn't quite right. The NFL and D* is a marriage of two superpowers with the NFL having a slight advantage in that they own the product.

tk13
10-20-2005, 09:28 PM
I agree with most of what you say but D* is nobody's little bitch. Especially not now with Rupert in charge. E* and all the cable companies have had their chance at the Ticket and failed to land it. Even before Rupert when General Motors owned it. D* has 16 million customers and can cover the entire US. No cable company comes close. So to say D* has "absolutely none" for leverage isn't quite right. The NFL and D* is a marriage of two superpowers with the NFL having a slight advantage in that they own the product.
Eh, all the NFL would have to do is pull out from DirecTV and go to Dish and then Dish would probably become more popular. I think DirecTV is the best of the three services but if the NFL wanted to throw everybody for a loop, like they did with EA Sports and video games, I don't think anybody could stop them.

Bwana
10-20-2005, 10:44 PM
I have been busting my ass all week and have'nt been on much. What a C. F. So from what I gather:

1. These pricks are NOT going to broadcast the game Friday.

AND

2. Tagliabue is a world class dickweed.

So is the game going to be re-broadcast on Sunday or not??

tk13
10-20-2005, 10:55 PM
I have been busting my ass all week and have'nt been on much. What a C. F. So from what I gather:

1. These pricks are NOT going to broadcast the game Friday.

AND

2. Tagliabue is a world class dickweed.

So is the game going to be re-broadcast on Sunday or not??
All indications are there will be no broadcast Friday except for in the KC and Miami areas.

There does seem to be a plan for re-air, but I'm not sure what it is yet. Traditionally they'd just re-air the game at 1pm on Sunday in the "normal" slot, when the game was supposed to be... but there was also an article earlier saying that it might be rebroadcast in primetime on the NFL network Sunday night, so who knows...

Bwana
10-20-2005, 11:06 PM
All indications are there will be no broadcast Friday except for in the KC and Miami areas.

There does seem to be a plan for re-air, but I'm not sure what it is yet. Traditionally they'd just re-air the game at 1pm on Sunday in the "normal" slot, when the game was supposed to be... but there was also an article earlier saying that it might be rebroadcast in primetime on the NFL network Sunday night, so who knows...

Hmm?? Well thanks for the information TK. It sounds like I am still going to be here in B.F.E. Friday night stuck with dial-up on my laptop, so the Radio gig may not work all that well, if indeed the Fox does broadcast it. I hope that that bad boy is broadcast at it's regular time on Sunday Ticket as well.

Straight, No Chaser
10-21-2005, 01:18 AM
OK so this has been asked a million times already and I don't have time to go through all the threads!

GOD Damn WTF happened with the game & WTF can't I watch it here in AZ? NO, I don't have Direct TV ....

With this sheet going on ...it tips the scales to the Dolphins IMO.

--->

Miles
10-21-2005, 01:21 AM
OK so this has been asked a million times already and I don't have time to go through all the threads!

GOD Damn WTF happened with the game & WTF can't I watch it here in AZ? NO, I don't have Direct TV ....

With this sheet going on ...it tips the scales to the Dolphins IMO.

--->

Yeah i was thinking the same thinking. Just want to know if the bars will have it. Just by skimming the thread it seems like they will not.

luv
10-21-2005, 01:22 AM
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

I don't have DirecTV!!

Oh well. I have to work anyway, so I'm depending on hearing the game on the radio anyway.

Straight, No Chaser
10-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah i was thinking the same thinking. Just want to know if the bars will have it. Just by skimming the thread it seems like they will not.

I have not missed watching a game live since 1989! Looks like my streak will come to an end.

AZORChiefFan
10-21-2005, 01:26 AM
In AZ give McDuffy's a call they usually get those umm 'random' feeds. They should be able to tap into a local affiliates broadcast.

Miles
10-21-2005, 01:29 AM
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

I don't have DirecTV!!

Oh well. I have to work anyway, so I'm depending on hearing the game on the radio anyway.

Yeah it wouldnt matter anyway. Gives you something to do at work at least. Hopefully your online and can get the webcast audio and NFL.com gamecenter.

Straight, No Chaser
10-21-2005, 01:39 AM
In AZ give McDuffy's a call they usually get those umm 'random' feeds. They should be able to tap into a local affiliates broadcast.

Local Affiliates? I thought this game was being sent to the two local markets and Direct TV.

It's starting at four-freaking o'clock out here. I'm calling Sluggos tomorrow and see if he can grab it; my gut says I'll be a-clicking the "refresh button" on my browser window every 9 seconds for 4.5 hours... aaaAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGG!

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 06:17 AM
Well my Newspaper, the Daily Herald, shows the game will be carried live here in Chicago on our CBS affilitate, Channel 2. I hope this is true. :toast: PBJ PBJ PBJ

Swanman
10-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Well my Newspaper, the Daily Herald, shows the game will be carried live here in Chicago on our CBS affilitate, Channel 2. I hope this is true. :toast: PBJ PBJ PBJ

Did you see that in the print edition? I looked online through the Daily Herald website and it doesn't show the game, it still has the regularly scheduled shows.

Bwana
10-21-2005, 06:25 AM
I know this has been thrown out there, but I thought I would do it one more time. This from nfl.com

Chiefs-Dolphins game moved to Oct. 21 http://m.2mdn.net/viewad/817-grey.gif (http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v5|3318|0|0|%2a|h;44306;0-0;0;10732674;238-150|30;0|0|0;u=QrbHyQq0DFwAAE2TfrU;~sscs=%3f)http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/sponsorships.nfl.com/fs/stories;arena=nfl;feat=stories;type=psa;user=Anonymous;cust=no;vip=no;sz=150x30;tile=5;ord=842451129 897292? (http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/sponsorships.nfl.com/fs/stories;arena=nfl;feat=stories;type=psa;user=Anonymous;cust=no;vip=no;sz=150x30;tile=5;ord=842451129 897292?)
(Oct. 20, 2005) -- The game between the Miami Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs was rescheduled to Friday night, Oct. 21, to beat Hurricane Wilma's arrival in Florida.
The game will begin at 7 p.m. ET instead of Sunday afternoon, which is about when Wilma is expected to hit Florida's southwestern coast.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said broadcast and television details were being worked out.
It's the third time since the start of the 2004 season that the Dolphins have rescheduled a home game because of a looming hurricane. Last year's home opener against Tennessee was played a day early because of Hurricane Ivan, and the Dolphins' Week 3 game with Pittsburgh was pushed back 7 hours by Hurricane Jeanne.
Moving the game to this Friday night will enable emergency personnel and others in the South Florida community to focus on preparing for the approach of Hurricane Wilma.
CBS will televise the game live to the Miami and Kansas City primary and secondary markets, which are WFOR/Miami, WPEC/West Palm Beach and WINK/Ft. Myers in the Dolphins' area, and KCTV/Kansas City and WIBW/Topeka in the Chiefs' territory.
For customers of Sirius Satellite Radio, the game will be available live on Friday at 7 p.m. ET on Channel 121 for the Chiefs' radio broadcast and Channel 131 for the Dolphins' broadcast.
On NFL.com, fans can follow the GameCenter live on the scoreboard (http://www.nfl.com/scores), or listen to the local radio broadcast of the game via the Field Pass subscription service (http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass/radio). (Field Pass is available on a seven-day free trial basis for first-time subscribers.)
A tape-delayed telecast of the Dolphins-Chiefs game will be shown nationally on NFL Network on Sunday night, Oct. 23, at a time to be determined.

Skip Towne
10-21-2005, 06:40 AM
Eh, all the NFL would have to do is pull out from DirecTV and go to Dish and then Dish would probably become more popular. I think DirecTV is the best of the three services but if the NFL wanted to throw everybody for a loop, like they did with EA Sports and video games, I don't think anybody could stop them.
They would have to take less money to go with Dish. They didn't get where they are by being stupid.

Otter
10-21-2005, 06:43 AM
So is this game going to be on NFL Ticket or not?

If I have to go to the local watering hole to watch then gumdammit I will. :cuss:

Bwana
10-21-2005, 06:54 AM
So is this game going to be on NFL Ticket or not?

If I have to go to the local watering hole to watch then gumdammit I will. :cuss:

No, it doesn't look like it. Google Wolf Point Montana, which is where I am this week. I had a better chance of hitting the Powerball than finding a bar in this dive that even has a dish.

philfree
10-21-2005, 06:56 AM
What a knee jerk Jerk :shake: Wilma ain't gonna show till Monday or Tuesday if it shows at all and this game coulda been played on schedule but Fagliaboob wet his pants. Now thousands of Chiefs and Dolphins fans won't even be able to watch their Chiefs play because they won't show it except in the local markets. He moved the game up and he didn't have to and then he blacked out the game to all but about 3% of the country and he didn't have to. What an idiot. At least he could try and cover his mistake by changing his decision about getting it on the air waves for people all over the country to watch. He needs to have his new contract shoved up his ass :cuss:

Otter
10-21-2005, 07:02 AM
No, it doesn't look like it. Google Wolf Point Montana, which is where I am this week. I had a better chance of hitting the Powerball than finding a bar in this dive that even has a dish.

Wolf Point Montana eh, is that next to Starbucks?

Simply Red
10-21-2005, 07:04 AM

This morning I spoke with customer service at DTV. I am in Atlanta, the rep. responded by saying the KC and Miami Local markets only will be able to get the game on 706. Hopefully, I will luck out and still get to see it.

Otter
10-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Looks like it's me sitting around in my boxers, a six pack of Yuengling and the internet feed.

Let me know if you guys want me to setup a webcam.

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Did you see that in the print edition? I looked online through the Daily Herald website and it doesn't show the game, it still has the regularly scheduled shows.

It is in print in two different places. Under the tv guide in sports and also under Bob Legeres picks. He lists each game and he has it on channel 2 as well.
It would be a very cruel mistake if this is one.

Simply Red
10-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Looks like it's me sitting around in my boxers, a six pack of Yuengling and the internet feed.

Let me know if you guys want me to setup a webcam.

Keep me informed on your web-cam idea.

boredfan
10-21-2005, 07:32 AM
So, does anyone know if wichita is considered local market, and therefore get the game on 706?

Simply Red
10-21-2005, 07:53 AM
So, does anyone know if wichita is considered local market, and therefore get the game on 706?

I like your chances better than mine. Wichita has a better chance of catching the game than I do in Atlanta WITH Direct-tv...

Swanman
10-21-2005, 07:56 AM
It is in print in two different places. Under the tv guide in sports and also under Bob Legeres picks. He lists each game and he has it on channel 2 as well.

I checked the print edition of the Trib, and it doesn't show the game on CBS 2 tonight, so I think the Daily Herald might be on crack, although I really hope the Trib is wrong and the Herald is right.

If anyone on CP has a Suntimes print edition available, let us know what it says.

Frosty
10-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Keep me informed on your web-cam idea.

You want to see Otter sitting in his underwear, listening to the game on the net? To each their own, I guess. :shrug:

cchuck1982
10-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Well, I am afraid that you got some bad info on the Friday Night Live broadcast..The NFL website and my call to Direct TV says that the game will NOT be shown tonight, but will be aired on Sunday...That blows...Just like Wilma!

I live in St. Louis, so I appear to be out of luck.

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 08:42 AM
The game will be viewable in KC metro and Topeka. It will not be viewable in Wichita, Des Moines, or anywhere else more than 75 miles outside of KC.

shakesthecat
10-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Not sure if this would work with DirecTV or not, but a buddy of mine who is a Dish Network reseller in Iowa just called and said that he would be getting the game because he called Dish and told them he was taking his RV down to KC for the weekend and wanted to get the KC local channels.

He said they changed his ZIP code in their system, and he's now recieving KC locals.

Skip....?

DJJasonp
10-21-2005, 08:49 AM
I bet sportsbars with true "satellite" will be able to pick up a CBS feed pretty easily....

Sportsbars that run off of Direct TV only will not be able to get the game...

It's a damn shame how important this game is and now a lot of this game is coming down to intangibles instead of talent (travel, lack of preparation, rain/mud)

mlyonsd
10-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Not sure if this would work with DirecTV or not, but a buddy of mine who is a Dish Network reseller in Iowa just called and said that he would be getting the game because he called Dish and told them he was taking his RV down to KC for the weekend and wanted to get the KC local channels.

He said they changed his ZIP code in their system, and he's now recieving KC locals.

Skip....?

If that's true, there's a thinking guy. Maybe the front office could find a use for him.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-21-2005, 08:55 AM
I bet sportsbars with true "satellite" will be able to pick up a CBS feed pretty easily....

Sportsbars that run off of Direct TV only will not be able to get the game...

It's a damn shame how important this game is and now a lot of this game is coming down to intangibles instead of talent (travel, lack of preparation, rain/mud)

But sportsbars that have the nfl direct tv package are going to have the game live. Is that right or no?

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 09:00 AM
I checked the print edition of the Trib, and it doesn't show the game on CBS 2 tonight, so I think the Daily Herald might be on crack, although I really hope the Trib is wrong and the Herald is right.

If anyone on CP has a Suntimes print edition available, let us know what it says.

Just had one of my buddies that reads that backwards paper check it out, he said it had nothing on the game. I am down to a confidence level of 33%. I do have it in print though, maybe a class action lawsuit? :p

frankton
10-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Like I said on a previous thread, that's why the Direct TV rep I got on the phone very politely said, "It's called NFL Sunday Ticket, not NFL Friday Night Ticket."

Smartazzzz.

You should have asked that smartazz if they will be showing the games on Saturday December 24th (which they are) and if so, if the product will be re-named.

shakesthecat
10-21-2005, 09:15 AM
If that's true, there's a thinking guy. Maybe the front office could find a use for him.

I just spoke with him again, and he said he was now getting the local KC stations at home.

I'm calling DTV right now. If they can't do the same, looks like I'll be heading to Cedar Rapids tonight.

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 09:19 AM

Skip....?

I talked to my Direct TV guy about this yesterday, he thought it was a cool idea. How about posting a KC zip that would work?

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 09:22 AM
But sportsbars that have the nfl direct tv package are going to have the game live. Is that right or no?

NO.

shakesthecat
10-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Just got off the phone.
Bad news.
They only let you access the NY and LA local feeds.

Cedar Rapids, your long lost son is coming home tonight.

runnercyclist
10-21-2005, 09:30 AM
They won't, I just called them

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 09:32 AM
I talked to my Direct TV guy about this yesterday, he thought it was a cool idea. How about posting a KC zip that would work?

I just changed my address to: 1 arrowhead drive, kc mo 64129 ROFL I hope it works, trying to cover all the bases.

TRR
10-21-2005, 09:41 AM
I just changed my address to: 1 arrowhead drive, kc mo 64129 ROFL I hope it works, trying to cover all the bases.

Did you have to call them to do that, or did you do that over the internet?

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Did you have to call them to do that, or did you do that over the internet?

I called them 1-800-494-4388, go to the technical assistance option. It asks you for all kinds of crap, but if you keep frantically pushing the operator button, it will connect you to a live person. I told them I was in my RV and would change it back tomorrow.

Swanman
10-21-2005, 09:59 AM
I called them 1-800-494-4388, go to the technical assistance option. It asks you for all kinds of crap, but if you keep frantically pushing the operator button, it will connect you to a live person. I told them I was in my RV and would change it back tomorrow.

Are you at home to confirm if this works? I won't get home until around 6 but if it works I will call Directv today and get it changed. Also, I assume you're in the Chicago area if you get the Herald. I'm out in Aurora.

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 10:05 AM
You know, if 300 people do this, they're gonna wise up.

dallaschiefsfan
10-21-2005, 10:11 AM
yes....300 changes might cause them to wise up....but what do they care?!? I'd rather switch 300 people over than giving $25 credit 300 times. From their perspective, its a jab at the jerkoffs at the NFL for the loss of revenue due to all the credit they're handing out......

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Are you at home to confirm if this works? I won't get home until around 6 but if it works I will call Directv today and get it changed. Also, I assume you're in the Chicago area if you get the Herald. I'm out in Aurora.

I will check it at lunch and let you know. I had to add the local channels since we use Comcast for them. I am in Glendale Heights.

You know, if 300 people do this, they're gonna wise up.

not the person I talked to. ROFL

dallaschiefsfan
10-21-2005, 10:21 AM
I will check it at lunch and let you know. I had to add the local channels since we use Comcast for them. I am in Glendale Heights.

not the person I talked to. ROFL

uhhhh....is this a "hook up" guy? If so, please share his direct line so that others can get the hook up. Share the love, man.....

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 10:24 AM
uhhhh....is this a "hook up" guy? If so, please share his direct line so that others can get the hook up. Share the love, man.....

I posted the number, 800 494-4388. Actually I wrote it down from a previous poster yesterday. My wife will probably be ticked when she sees this mess on our bill. But she knows rational thinking is not in play when it comes to the Chiefs.

dallaschiefsfan
10-21-2005, 10:28 AM
I posted the number, 800 494-4388. Actually I wrote it down from a previous poster yesterday. My wife will probably be ticked when she sees this mess on our bill. But she knows rational thinking is not in play when it comes to the Chiefs.

Is that a direct line or is that the generic 800 number for directv?

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 10:30 AM
yes....300 changes might cause them to wise up....but what do they care?!? I'd rather switch 300 people over than giving $25 credit 300 times. From their perspective, its a jab at the jerkoffs at the NFL for the loss of revenue due to all the credit they're handing out......

Giving local KC channels to 300 people who don't live in KC will get them in trouble with the FCC. $25 credit 300 times is chump change if they were to get fined.

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Is that a direct line or is that the generic 800 number for directv?

Heck, I explained it the best I can on post 105. :shrug:

dallaschiefsfan
10-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Heck, I explained it the best I can on post 105. :shrug:

All i asked was whether you had a "hook up" with direct tv.....all you had to do was answer "NO...I just contacted technical service". One of the previous posts you made implied a hook up when you said that your "guy" didn't have a problem switching you over. Sorry for the confusion, but I'm trying to get the game and others have not had your success in getting directv to change over....

Swanman
10-21-2005, 10:39 AM

I just got off the phone with DTV and I also now live at Arrowhead Stadium, maybe we'll see each other tonight.

You, sir, are a genious. Positive rep is on its way.

NewChief
10-21-2005, 10:39 AM
All i asked was whether you had a "hook up" with direct tv.....all you had to do was answer "NO...I just contacted technical service". One of the previous posts you made implied a hook up when you said that your "guy" didn't have a problem switching you over. Sorry for the confusion, but I'm trying to get the game and others have not had your success in getting directv to change over....

I misread it at first as well. I think the reference to his guy was talking about how stupid the CR guy he dealt with was.

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 10:44 AM
I just got off the phone with DTV and I also now live at Arrowhead Stadium, maybe we'll see each other tonight.

You, sir, are a genious. Positive rep is on its way.

Hey, it is a big parking lot. I wonder if they have a dump station? ROFL

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 10:48 AM

I guess I misunderstood your question as well, hope it works out for all of us. I dunno, I might have it from four different sources tonight or none, all I know is we tried.

dallaschiefsfan
10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
I misread it at first as well. I think the reference to his guy was talking about how stupid the CR guy he dealt with was.

sweet....here's hoping i get a.....mentally challenged individual at directv

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 10:51 AM

That is what I intended, it was actually a pretty dumb person, maybe in India?

Swanman
10-21-2005, 10:56 AM
That is what I intended, it was actually a pretty dumb person, maybe in India?

I talked to a good old-fashioned American fella and he was extremely pleasant and helpful. When I asked him about changing zipcodes, he said he has done the very same thing when on trips.

bogie
10-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Sorry I'm a dumb ass. Let me get this straight. I tell them I'm on vacation in my RV and I would like to change my zip code to a KC zip code so I can access the game? So, do they think you're from KC and you would normally have access but since you're traveling in an RV you need a new address?

Simply Red
10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
all set up with a Blue Springs, ZIP. If this works, all i'll be missing is some Zarda ribs...

Rausch
10-21-2005, 11:36 AM
NO.

So, is the thread starter FOS or is the game going to be on DTV channel 706?...

Katie
10-21-2005, 11:37 AM
What's wierd, is I've called four sports bars with Direct TV and they all think they're getting the game...One guy said it was being advertised on the radio...nobody has a flippin clue what's going on...

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 11:38 AM
So, is the thread starter FOS or is the game going to be on DTV channel 706?...

FOS.

Rausch
10-21-2005, 11:39 AM
FOS.

What time is kickoff?

I'll scan the cable/DTV channels for the first 10 minutes anyway just in case...

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
I talked to a good old-fashioned American fella and he was extremely pleasant and helpful. When I asked him about changing zipcodes, he said he has done the very same thing when on trips.

Spoiled, it does not work. :banghead: I have been on the phone with them my whole lunch hour in front of the TV. I think there may be more to this than a zip code and address. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

They authorized me for the locals in KC but my set is snowing and popping up the identification for our Chicago channels. They transferred me up the line to sharper people twice, they are really confused. We tried, oh well, crap.

runnercyclist
10-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Spoiled, it does not work. :banghead: I have been on the phone with them my whole lunch hour in front of the TV. I think there may be more to this than a zip code and address. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

They authorized me for the locals in KC but my set is snowing and popping up the identification for our Chicago channels. They transferred me up the line to sharper people twice, they are really confused. We tried, oh well, crap.

Damnit Carl! :banghead:

Calcountry
10-21-2005, 11:47 AM

They authorized me for the locals in KC but my set is snowing and popping up the identification for our Chicago channels. They transferred me up the line to sharper people twice, they are really confused. We tried, oh well, crap.I am surprised you even tried this.

I have grown up getting screwed over in regards to Chiefs TV coverage, this is just one more time.

Rausch
10-21-2005, 11:49 AM
WHAT TIME IS THE GAME?...

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 11:57 AM
I am surprised you even tried this.

I have grown up getting screwed over in regards to Chiefs TV coverage, this is just one more time.

I am trying everything I cold think of, my local Senator is next. Between Comcast and Direct Tv, I pay enough fugging money that I should get to see this game!

PHOG
10-21-2005, 11:59 AM

6 pm

ptlyon
10-21-2005, 12:00 PM

SEVEN

Toto

The game is 7pm Eastern time tonight.

I called the NFL headquarters and spoke with a real person for a while (about 15 minutes..the guy was pretty cool..told me he would be upset too) and vented.

Here is the bottom line.

Sunday ticket games are ONLY shown on Sunday's @ 1pm and 4pm PERIOD! No if's and or buts. PERIOD. Impossible to even attempt to change this. (My DirecTV guide no longer has any showing at all this weekend on ch. 706.)

Also National telecasts per major market channels, CBS or ESPN are prohibited per contractual agreements...due to College and High School regulations...that's why there's no more Thursday night and Sat. Football during the College Season. (That's why the NFL games on Sat. are after College Footballs Season is over.)

Only Local CBS stations in Miami and KC....PERIOD. The only Live TV allowed.

The only bone being thrown to out of market people is the NFL Network tape delayed broadcast Sunday evening...Time to be worked out..(based upon largest veiwing audience as perceived by NFL Network)....probably 7, 8 or 9pm.

It's going to be difficult to keep sheltered from finding out the results before Sunday night...don't like watching after knowing the results!

ptlyon
SEVEN

OR SIX I GUESS

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 12:41 PM

I just talked to the Sports Editor of the Herald, they made a mistake, darnit.

NewChief
10-21-2005, 12:44 PM
I just talked to the Sports Editor of the Herald, they made a mistake, darnit.

Same thing happened in the paper down here. I thought I was going to be watching it tonight. Turns out, I'm not.

JOhn
10-21-2005, 12:52 PM

Your right it will not work.

I have tried this, and talked to several people about it. The deal is that the local channels that are broadcast for KC are supposedly beamed down on a narrow bad, so only those in that specific area will receive local channels.

Otherwise everyone would "own an RV" and be out of area, thus circumventing the DTV contract.