PDA

View Full Version : Wichita Area Fans

Boon
10-20-2005, 03:40 PM
I called the local CBS affiliate asking if tomorrow's game would be shown on KWCH. They replied, "No, the NFL wouldn't let them have it to show". The lady then gave me the number to the NFL. I called them asking why it wouldn't be shown in the Wichita market. She replied that legally the NFL can't broadcast on Fridays as to not compete with high school and college football. I told her the legal crap was all out the window since they are broadcasting the game in the Miami, Kansas City and Topeka markets. She agreed. There is a slight chance Wichita can get it, but I think it will take lots of calls and complaints to get it. The NFL can be reached at 212-450-2000. Call them and let them know you want to watch Chiefs football.

ChiTown
10-20-2005, 03:49 PM
I just spoke to their PR Dept. These guys are fuggin buffoons. They are repeating a stupid company line and can't offer anything of substance. That was worthless.

ArrowheadHawk
10-20-2005, 03:50 PM
i don't understand this i live in garden city so our cbs feed is from wichita. They always show the chiefs games even in the preseason. So if we are considered local in the preseason why aren't we going to be considered local tommorrow?

ChiTown
10-20-2005, 03:52 PM
i don't understand this i live in garden city so our cbs feed is from wichita. They always show the chiefs games even in the preseason. So if we are considered local in the preseason why aren't we going to be considered local tommorrow?

Local, by their definition was anything in the KC viewing market, which includes Topeka. In otherwords, in Topeka, you get KC stations as well. In Wichita, you get Wichita stations only. It's a gdfn joke!

ArrowheadHawk
10-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Local, by their definition was anything in the KC viewing market, which includes Topeka. In otherwords, in Topeka, you get KC stations as well. In Wichita, you get Wichita stations only. It's a gdfn joke!i guess i will be listening on the radio and then watching sportscenter for highlights hopefully somebody in kc can torrent the game so we can watch it on saturday

tk13
10-20-2005, 03:55 PM
I would assume the same rules apply for Columbia and Springfield too... I would expect all those people who don't purchase the ticket because they have no need to are gonna be out of luck...

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 03:56 PM
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ehlee/Images/Pictures/nelson.gif

ArrowheadHawk
10-20-2005, 04:09 PM
saul you are so nice

kcjayhawks5
10-20-2005, 04:14 PM
THIS ****ING BLOWS

wolfpack0735
10-20-2005, 04:16 PM
us fans that are stuck out in the middle of lost kansas could get it out of wichita. as the nfl is big busness one would think it would have some power to get the game on tv. cbs must have some pretty big time shows on friday night ROFL . what a year to drop sunday ticket. :deevee:

Clint in Wichita
10-20-2005, 04:18 PM
For one fleeting moment, I found myself hoping that Wilma erases Miami from the face of the Earth.

I guess that's a bit much.

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 04:30 PM
I just worked DTV for free super fan for the rest of the year as compensation for my loss of the game.

tk13
10-20-2005, 04:32 PM
I just worked DTV for free super fan for the rest of the year as compensation for my loss of the game.
ROFL Nicely done.