PDA

View Full Version : KC's on fairdale ln in Houston!!!!!

jcl-kcfan2
10-20-2005, 08:33 PM
They will have the game tomorrow.

713-266-5730 is their phone number.

WestCoastReggie
10-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Man I wish I lived in TX

jspchief
10-20-2005, 08:41 PM
How?

It's not an open air signal that can be picked up by anyone. It's a digital signal that can't be intercepted.

If it was that easy to pirate an NFL signal, sportsbars all over the US would be doing it instead of paying thousands for Sunday Ticket.

Raiderhader
10-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Fairdale In? Where the hell is that?

Count Zarth
10-20-2005, 09:18 PM
More details? Where is this place? Anywhere near Spring?

chiefqueen
10-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Don't ask how...........the Feds may stop it.

TEX
10-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Fairdale In? Where the hell is that?

It's actually on Fountainview and Richmond Avenue...

Count Zarth
10-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Is this it?

KC's Bar and Grill

6002 Fairdale Ln Houston, TX 77057-6102

TEX
10-20-2005, 09:29 PM
More details? Where is this place? Anywhere near Spring?

Nope, nowhere near it. It's in "Uptown" near the Galleria on Fountainview and Richmond.

TEX
10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Is this it?

KC's Bar and Grill

6002 Fairdale Ln Houston, TX 77057-6102

Yes. But it's way easy to find if you just go to the intersection of Fountainview and Richmond.

Raiderhader
10-20-2005, 09:34 PM
It's actually on Fountainview and Richmond Avenue...

I kind figured that is what he meant. I wouldn't count them showing the game.

Count Zarth
10-20-2005, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't count them showing the game.

WHAT? :cuss:

Raiderhader
10-20-2005, 09:44 PM
WHAT? :cuss:

I admit to basing this off of one dissapointing experience, but I went there for one game last year (Carolina if I remember correctly), and they didn't show it on one tv, not even one of the small ones. As the last big screen was being tuned in I over heard the guy say something about the Chiefs game, and then procede to tune into the Falcons' game. I left disgusted and joined the guys at SRO.

So I'm thinking that if they won't show the game when they have the DTV feed, they sure won't when they don't have it. But I could be wrong....

Count Zarth
10-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Interesting. Well I'll be calling both places.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 10:04 PM
How?

It's not an open air signal that can be picked up by anyone. It's a digital signal that can't be intercepted.

If it was that easy to pirate an NFL signal, sportsbars all over the US would be doing it instead of paying thousands for Sunday Ticket.
Man, as short as you are with other posters on this board, I should hammer your sorry ass for this post. As I explained in another thread, the "backhaul" is sent from the stadium to KCTV5 via the big dish, which is analog, not digital. And it is very much susceptible to being intercepted if it is not encrypted. And to further enlighten you, it is very easy for a sports bar owner to "pirate' the Sunday Ticket into his bar. All he has to do is subscribe multiple receivers at his residence then take the receivers to the bar. The reason bar owners don't do it is because their competitors turn them in and D* then sues them for jillions of dollars. Stick to what you know.

TEX
10-20-2005, 10:23 PM
I kind figured that is what he meant. I wouldn't count them showing the game.

Yep. They're BAD about saying they're showing the game when they actually can't.

jcl-kcfan2
10-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Sorry couldn't post again last night;

It's on Fountainview, just north of richmond (nw corner of richmond and fairdale ln.).

The guy on the phone said they could get it.

The owner is looking for a bar to buy in KC, he wants to move back there (makes me wonder why he would not have been showing the Chiefs game). Were you at the Fairdale Lane KC's or the T.C.Jester K.C.'s? Did you try talking to the manager when you got there?

I will be there, even though from the Clear Lake area, traffic WILL suck, but after the evac, I can handle slow traffic better.

jspchief
10-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Regardless of what Skip the expert says, I'll bet they don't get it. It won't be any easy signal to intercept. The NFL is smarter than that.

As for buying Direct TV at multiple residences, it would still cost more than just using a big dish to pick up locals from all the markets and broadcasting all games for free. I seriously doubt the NFL is stupid enough to broadcast a signal that can be picked for free when they have a ridiculously huge contract with direct TV based off charging for the games.

It may have been possible back in the day, but I have a hard time believing it's possible now. If it was, too many people would be taking advantage.

Count Zarth
10-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Just called SRO and they are showing it! Said their C-Band would pick it up.

That is the location at Northwest Mall.

jcl-kcfan2
10-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Gochiefs, I called SRO earlier and they were not sure...

KC's said they would probably not be getting it either now, after talking to the owner.

That being said, I probably will chance the drive out there to SRO's.

I'll be the one wearing the Chiefs gear ;)

Count Zarth
10-21-2005, 01:39 PM
OK, I just spoke to someone at the other place and they seemed to think they wouldn't be getting it.

:hmmm:

Count Zarth
10-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Gochiefs, I called SRO earlier and they were not sure...

KC's said they would probably not be getting it either now, after talking to the owner.

That being said, I probably will chance the drive out there to SRO's.

I'll be the one wearing the Chiefs gear ;)

Heh heh. Me too.

jcl-kcfan2
10-21-2005, 01:41 PM
OK, I just spoke to someone at the other place and they seemed to think they wouldn't be getting it.

:hmmm:

Which "other" place?

Count Zarth
10-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Which "other" place?

KC's at fairdale.

Extra Point
10-21-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm glad I don't have to turn on the radio and set up my vibrating NFL game to enact the plays when they're called. That's something to be thankful for.......

Count Zarth
10-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Well, SRO dropped the ball. 4 or 5 of us ended up huddled around someone's laptop watching the play by play on NFL gamecenter.

Got to meet jcl-kcfan2 though (I do believe he's the first planeteer I've met).

jspchief
10-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Sorry you guys didn't catch the game, but it's pretty much what I expected.

Regardless of what Skip says, the NFL is smarter than that.

ENDelt260
10-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Just because the bars in question didn't show the game doesn't mean there wasn't a signal out there to be picked up.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=127137

Raiderhader
10-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Well, SRO dropped the ball. 4 or 5 of us ended up huddled around someone's laptop watching the play by play on NFL gamecenter.

Got to meet jcl-kcfan2 though (I do believe he's the first planeteer I've met).

Was there a Steve there by chance? A big guy named Randy? How about a Tom or Don?

Demonpenz
10-21-2005, 10:42 PM
i was busy listening to teenagers wreck their cars but i still caught the game on 101

Count Zarth
10-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Was there a Steve there by chance? A big guy named Randy? How about a Tom or Don?

I have no idea. ROFL

There was a crazy old black guy in a Chiefs visor.

Raiderhader
10-21-2005, 10:53 PM
I have no idea. ROFL

There was a crazy old black guy in a Chiefs visor.

Don't know no crazy black guy in a visor. Steve is a poster here, the other guys are just part of the group we watched the games with.