PDA

View Full Version : King Carl: NFL lied to us and the Fins were ok about playing at Arrowhead

BigRedChief
10-20-2005, 11:40 PM
He was on 610 tonight and said this is all on the NFL. He said they GURANTEED him they would not have to play on friday last night then this morning said it would be on friday.

Also he said the dolphins were actually OK with playing it at arrowhead and had but all decided that until the NFL set the date and time.

Count Alex's Losses
10-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Now I'm even more pissed. Screw the NFL.

beer bacon
10-20-2005, 11:44 PM
The NFL should have just had a "Help the Dolphins Stop Sucking" fundraiser at Arrowhead.

Dunit35
10-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Thats ghey. NFL committee sometimes bothers me.

tk13
10-21-2005, 12:33 AM
They had a clip of Carl on SportsCenter just now. He didn't seem real pleased. Said this definitely puts the team at a competitive disadvantage and said as far as he knows it's the first time an NFL team has had to fly to a city and play in the same day.

DV seemed a lot more positive about it, believe it or not... just said they had to move their preparation up, and he hopes to show that they were the best team in the league to select for an adverse scenario like this.

Count Alex's Losses
10-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Why don't the Chiefs protest this decision? Would the league award the game to Miami?

keg in kc
10-21-2005, 12:46 AM
Hopefully it'll piss us off so much we stomp their collective ass into the mud.

keg in kc
10-21-2005, 12:48 AM
And I don't believe for a second the Dolphins would have been okay playing the game at Arrowhead.

I wouldn't have been okay playing the game at Arrowhead, either, not that it matters. Miami or a neutral site was the only way to go. The fly/play/fly thing bites, though. Obviously.

Count Alex's Losses
10-21-2005, 12:48 AM

That would be awesome.

Demonpenz
10-21-2005, 12:54 AM
maybe this team gets a chip on shoulder for the rest of season

keg in kc
10-21-2005, 12:56 AM
This game could mark a turning point. We get blown out and struggle through the rest of the year. We blow them out, and start to roll. We win another rough-and-tumble game like last week, and begin to establish ourself as a finesse team that gets in your face. We get knocked off the ball all day and spend the next two months in the fetal position.

Or it could mean absolutely nothing. Momentum's such an esoteric thing.

BrotherBST05
10-21-2005, 01:17 AM
yeah just ask the St. Louis cardinals about momentum

BigRedChief
10-21-2005, 06:39 AM
yeah just ask the St. Louis cardinals about momentum

Dont be a hater in a Chiefs thread.:shake:

There has been comments in other places that this is the first time that an NFL team has been asked to fly and play the same day. That is a disadvantage. But how big of one? Maybe an NFL player would know but we can't. On the surface it doesn't seem like a big deal but theses players are creatures of habit in their game day preperation.

Pants
10-21-2005, 06:49 AM

Or they won't play hard knowing there's an excuse for it...

effing a, this whole situation sucks anyway you look at it. Well, the only good thing is, I don't have to wait till Sunday to watch the Chiefs play.

Extra Point
10-21-2005, 06:50 AM
Hope they don't have too many guys with leg cramps. Nice to see DV looking at it optimistically.

GOOD LUCK, CHIEFS!!!

Wile_E_Coyote
10-21-2005, 06:55 AM
if King Carl gets fined will he be loved in Chief land. Would Tags get a bj from Jack Harry. Does this take the heat of Mike Tice for a day

Seek
10-21-2005, 08:05 AM
I am glad they don't have it in KC. I mean I would love it since I would go, but I would rather we keep this fair and competitive.

You could just hear all the Bronco and Raider fans complaining that we got an extra home game. Blah Blah Blah.

the Talking Can
10-21-2005, 08:11 AM
flying and playing the same day is bullshit

I hope we win 764 to 2.1...and then burn a life sized Tagliabue doll at mid field after the game...

Bob Dole
10-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Also he said the dolphins were actually OK with playing it at arrowhead and had but all decided that until the NFL set the date and time.

While Bob Dole has doubts that Miami was really "okay" with playing it at Arrowhead, Fagliabue already illustrated with the Saints game that he doesn't give a rat's ass how the team involved wants to handle the situation.

Bob Dole doesn't care how much the NFL has grown under his "leadership," Fagliabue continuously makes bad decisions and needs to be gone.

Yesterday.

Sully
10-21-2005, 08:16 AM
I hope we win 764 to 2.1...and then burn a life sized Tagliabue doll at mid field after the game...

Now you are just being silly.
There's no way that if we were up by that much we'd give up a safety... be realistic, man.

Mr. Kotter
10-21-2005, 08:19 AM

Yup. What a crock. Tags is quickly becoming a moron on par with Bud Selig. :shake:

Mr. Kotter
10-21-2005, 08:22 AM
This game could mark a turning point. We get blown out and struggle through the rest of the year. We blow them out, and start to roll. We win another rough-and-tumble game like last week, and begin to establish ourself as a finesse team that gets in your face. We get knocked off the ball all day and spend the next two months in the fetal position.

You follow up the perfect quote with THIS....you typed 50 plus words to say "it may or may not matter." ;)

the Talking Can
10-21-2005, 08:38 AM

4-2 vs 3-3

the difference is huge, imho

going to San Diego on a 2 game win streak or going in a .500 team starting to unravel....

siberian khatru
10-21-2005, 08:39 AM
I knew there was a reason I respected Carl so much.

;)

Nzoner
10-21-2005, 08:44 AM
There has been comments in other places that this is the first time that an NFL team has been asked to fly and play the same day. That is a disadvantage. But how big of one? Maybe an NFL player would know but we can't. On the surface it doesn't seem like a big deal but theses players are creatures of habit in their game day preperation.

The team will be fine,when I flew to Vegas,I stepped off the plane and was ready to play.

jspchief
10-21-2005, 08:48 AM
If we're a play-off team, we should still be able to go down there and kick Miami's ass. The Dolphins are a crappy team, and the only feather in their cap is catching Denver with their head up their ass.

They have Gus Frerotte at QB. They are missing their best DE and a starting LB. They have a pot head RB that's undersized, and a rookie RB that can't find the hole in his own ass.

This is not an excuse. Good teams go down there and win this game.

Brock
10-21-2005, 08:51 AM
I would like to shoot Paul Tagliabue in the head.

Lipschitz
10-21-2005, 08:51 AM
And I don't believe for a second the Dolphins would have been okay playing the game at Arrowhead.

I wouldn't have been okay playing the game at Arrowhead, either, not that it matters. Miami or a neutral site was the only way to go. The fly/play/fly thing bites, though. Obviously.

I would disagree with you about the dolphins being OK with the Arrowhead trip. Their game plan is virtually in the same place as KC's, in development and not yet set. Having the extra two days would have given both teams a chance to finalize their strategy, not to mention the Arrowhead advantage is virtually gone.

the Talking Can
10-21-2005, 08:59 AM

can I be charged as an accessory for saying "rep'?

Crush
10-21-2005, 09:11 AM

Accessory or not, I would like to say that is gold-plated rep.

BigRedChief
10-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Accessory or not, I would like to say that is gold-plated rep.

I think Ted Nugent said it first.

the Talking Can
10-21-2005, 09:14 AM
I think Ted Nugent said it first.

Wang Dang Sweet-Shoot-Tagliabue-In-The-Face-Tang?

Lzen
10-21-2005, 10:26 AM
....not to mention the Arrowhead advantage is virtually gone.

You apparently weren't at the stadium this past Sunday.

Calcountry
10-21-2005, 11:00 AM
The solution to all of this if for Miami to move, period. How many canes is it gonna take?

Tuckdaddy
10-21-2005, 11:43 AM
The team will be fine,when I flew to Vegas,I stepped off the plane and was ready to play.

Nice response. you da man.