PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Denver

Katie
10-21-2005, 09:24 AM
O.K. this is very hard for me to admit, but I have to say I had a very cool, humanity can be wonderful-kind of experience Monday on my way home from KC.

We got stuck in Denver Monday due to cancelled flight, put up for the night in a hotel with vouchers for meals, etc. This was O.K. even with the potential problems that the delay caused, i.e. not being able to work Tuesday, not being able to pick up my dogs, not having any luggage Monday night etc.

The problem is that United sent us to the Radisson which was a 30 minute shuttle ride from the airport and it turns out the Radisson has no rooms. Now we have to get back on the shuttle, go back to the airport and start over. So, much for watching Monday night football!

Two hours later, after United pulls their heads out and sorts out the situation, we're waiting for another shuttle to our new hotel. A driver named John from another hotel stops and tells us he noticed we've been waiting there pretty much all night and offers to drop us off. Not only that, since there were no restaurants near the hotel we were booked at he offered to drop us off at Applebees, pick us up an hour later and take us back to the hotel...

I have to give Denver folks props...that was hospitality!

I'm late with this but thanks planeteers for the great week-end! Had a blast!

Dartgod
10-21-2005, 09:30 AM
This guy is clearly not a Broncos fan. Most likely a Chiefs fan stuck in Denver.

phinz_fan
10-21-2005, 09:32 AM
I would like to nominate this thread for the "Most boring post ever" award.

Dartgod
10-21-2005, 09:33 AM
I would like to nominate this thread for the "Most boring post ever" award.
Oh, we've had worse than this. Much worse...

cookster50
10-21-2005, 09:54 AM
I agree with Dartgod, both his postings.

angel
10-21-2005, 10:04 AM
I agree with Dartgod, both his postings.
me too

DeepSouth
10-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Katie, you must be a hot chick or the guy would never have been so nice. Did he come on to you afterwards?

Katie
10-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Katie, you must be a hot chick or the guy would never have been so nice. Did he come on to you afterwards?

Nah...my husband was with me...just a nice guy in my opinion

DeepSouth
10-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Nah...

So, you're not a hot chick?

patteeu
10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
So, you're not a hot chick?

I don't think that's what she's saying. She's saying the guy was a typical Broncos fan and that he was coming on to her husband.