PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Springfield - tonights game

Ralphy Boy
10-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Local CBS Head Sports anchor Dan Lucy was on the radio and said that he was still trying to get the game aired. Said this market has the numbers to support it and that the local affiliate would capture a lot more viewers than the regular programming.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2005, 10:25 AM
I think that you should watch the game somewhere.

Yeah. You should.

luv
10-21-2005, 10:26 AM
If he can get it aired, I think he'll be moved up to superhero status. I completely agree that we have a large enough fan base to support such a decision.

|Zach|
10-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Don't tease.

|Zach|
10-21-2005, 10:27 AM
If he can get it aired, I think he'll be moved up to superhero status. I completely agree that we have a large enough fan base to support such a decision.
I know some hot slutty chicks...if he makes this happen he can have a whole day with them.

Captain Obvious
KOLR10 has taken a lot of heat from viewers and other local stations and they are just trying to cover their ass. Not gonna happen.

luv
I think that you should watch the game somewhere.

Yeah. You should.
Where?

MOhillbilly
10-21-2005, 10:28 AM
email the station. screw there bullshit answer.

Ralphy Boy
10-21-2005, 10:28 AM
All else fails myself and another guy are heading up to Clinton to watch it there where the local affiliate is KCTV 5.

luv
10-21-2005, 10:29 AM
I know some hot slutty chicks...if he makes this happen he can have a whole day with them both.
I'm sure his wife and kids would really appreciate you doing that for him. lol

|Zach|
All else fails myself and another guy are heading up to Clinton to watch it there where the local affiliate is KCTV 5.
Wow, I could help out with gas...

|Zach|
I'm sure his wife and kids would really appreciate you doing that for him. lol
I could try and set all of them up.

DT58_sackmonste
10-21-2005, 10:31 AM
this has probably already been discussed...but does anyone know if DirectTV Sunday Ticket is airing the game...or is it going to be blacked out in the Joplin area?

luv
10-21-2005, 10:33 AM
this has probably already been discussed...but does anyone know if DirectTV Sunday Ticket is airing the game...or is it going to be blacked out in the Joplin area?
Who cares about Joplin? This is a Springfield thread. :p

jk

I have no clue. (There, y'all finally saw me admit it.)

MVChiefFan
10-21-2005, 10:35 AM
I heard the same thing on the radio this morning. I was listening to 105.9 kgbx (not by choice) and a guy called in and said he has a buddy that works for kolr10 that said they're still trying to get the game on. Take it for what it's worth.

Then the idiot DJ's, Woody and Suzanne, start talking about the Chiefs. The conversation goes as follows:

Woody: "What's the Chiefs record? Do they even have a win yet?

Suzanne: "I believe they have won one game. Not a very good season so far.

I nearly came unglued!!! I called in to correct the falsehood and they told me they didn't have time for that stuff.

Anyway, I've got my fingers crossed!!! GO CHIEFS!!!

Ralphy Boy
10-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Where?

I just talked to Dave at Coyote's and he said that he'd talked to a guy at KOLR10 earlier and tried to convince them to bring their van, complete with satelite, there to link their live feed into Coyote's so they could show it. Apparently they had already been warned by CBS that they would face severe penalties for doing that.

He also said he's working on trying to get a webcam, ala yesterday's suggestion here on Chiefsplanet, to patch to his laptop at the bar and he'd in turn feed it to the TV's there and have US 97 for the sound.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-21-2005, 10:37 AM
I just called Sir Gregorys here in Springfield and they said they are going to have the game on tonight.
At this point i don't know what to believe.

|Zach|
10-21-2005, 10:37 AM
I just talked to Dave at Coyote's and he said that he'd talked to a guy at KOLR10 earlier and tried to convince them to bring their van, complete with satelite, there to link their live feed into Coyote's so they could show it. Apparently they had already been warned by CBS that they would face severe penalties for doing that.

He also said he's working on trying to get a webcam, ala yesterday's suggestion here on Chiefsplanet, to patch to his laptop at the bar and he'd in turn feed it to the TV's there and have US 97 for the sound.
Cool, you will have to keep us updated on that.

|Zach|
10-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I just called Sir Gregorys here in Springfield and they said they are going to have the game on tonight.
Did you ask how?

luv
10-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I heard the same thing on the radio this morning. I was listening to 105.9 kgbx (not by choice) and a guy called in and said he has a buddy that works for kolr10 that said they're still trying to get the game on. Take it for what it's worth.

Then the idiot DJ's, Woody and Suzanne, start talking about the Chiefs. The conversation goes as follows:

I nearly came unglued!!! I called in to correct the falsehood and they told me they didn't have time for that stuff.

I'm not up early enough to listen to morning radio shows, but, if I was, I would listen to Kevin and Liz on Alice. At least Kevin knows something about sports. You'd think that Woody would know that dissing the Chiefs would not be a popular thing for him to do around here.

luv
10-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Ahhhh...Sir Greg's. Now we're talkin'. Too bad I have to work tonight anyway.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Did you ask how?
No i didn't, i assumed since they have the dtv football package.....

luv
10-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Just to hijack the thread momentarily, can I ask the members from Springfield where the best place to go for Chiefs stuff is around here? I went to Caveman yesterday and found some signed footballs and jerseys. Also, the best Halloween costumes? Just wondering.

Ralphy Boy
10-21-2005, 10:44 AM

Woody's a fag.

luv
10-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Woody's a Rump Ranger.
Agreed.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Where?

My house.

Ralphy Boy
10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
You'd think that Woody would know that dissing the Chiefs would not be a popular thing for him to do around here.

Why? Most Chief's fans wouldn't listen to them and almost certainly not on a game day. Most of his listeners are women who care nothing about football, in fact most are probably like my wife and hate the Chiefs simply because I love them so much.

Ain't love grand?

Might have something to do with the 3 1/2 hours that the world stops turning for 16 or so days out of the year.

luv
10-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Just to hijack the thread momentarily, can I ask the members from Springfield where the best place to go for Chiefs stuff is around here? I went to Caveman yesterday and found some signed footballs and jerseys. Also, the best Halloween costumes? Just wondering.
Okay, I've got money burning holes in my pockets. Any suggestions?

luv
10-21-2005, 10:51 AM
My house.
Since when do you live in Springfield? Shoo...don't bother me. lol

Crush
10-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Praying for a miracle.

luv
10-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Okay, I've got money burning holes in my pockets. Any suggestions?
*sighs*

Okay. I can see I'm not getting any help here. I'm gonna go it alone today. Wish me luck!

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Ahh thanks for clearling up what station this was on. I knew you weren't talking about the JOCK. They would have some thing about Kickapoo JV/Freshman Football or Bolivar's 8th Grade Girls Volleyball team.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2005, 11:14 AM
*sighs*

Okay. I can see I'm not getting any help here. I'm gonna go it alone today. Wish me luck!

Try the mall. Fastbreak Sports.

NeoshoChief
10-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Sir Gregory's is not going to have the game on. Also, i would be cautious about driving to Clinton. Is it within 75 miles of KC? I was going to go to Nevada whose local cable picks up KC's CBS, but the game will be blacked out on that channel in Nevada.

Ralphy Boy
10-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Also, i would be cautious about driving to Clinton. Is it within 75 miles of KC? I was going to go to Nevada whose local cable picks up KC's CBS, but the game will be blacked out on that channel in Nevada.

Depending on where at in Clinton, it's around 75 to 80 miles. Their local live CBS affiliate is KCTV5, that pretty much means they are getting it regardless because they can't get anything else.

It is their local station.

KingPriest2
10-21-2005, 11:47 AM

No it is not airing in Joplin

Hey where do you live?

I am in Joplin as well.

SnapDogg
10-21-2005, 11:59 AM
KOAM TV (Pittsburg/Joplin) reported last night that they could not broadcast the game, they are 10 miles from overlapping the KC 75 mile radius rule.
They asked to quit calling or emailing about the game as they had no control over the matter............._ussies!

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 12:10 PM
KOAM TV (Pittsburg/Joplin) reported last night that they could not broadcast the game, they are 10 miles from overlapping the KC 75 mile radius rule.
They asked to quit calling or emailing about the game as they had no control over the matter............._ussies!

So they're pussies because they don't want to dedicate their people, resources, and money to answering calls for something they have ZERO control over?

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-21-2005, 01:05 PM
just read this on kolr10's website
looks to me like it's all about money

NFL rules prevent KOLR10 from airing this weekend`s KC Chiefs game.
KOLR10 is prohibited from airing this weekendís Chiefs game, which has been moved to Friday night due to weather conditions in Florida. Due to NFL rules which KOLR10 does not control, CBS cannot air the Friday game in any market other than the home team markets, KC and Miami, and certain "secondary" markets. KOLR10 is doing everything possible to work with CBS and The NFL to air the game. But at this time, NFL rules do not permit us to air it. Information we have from CBS is that the NFL has made a deal with Direct TV to air the game on The NFL Channel on a tape delay basis on Sunday, at a time yet to be determined. We also understand that radio station US-97 will air the game live.

In place of the Chief`s game, KOLR10ís 12n game on Sunday will be Pittsburgh @ Cincinatti. Our late game at 3pm will be Denver @ NY Giants. The KSFX game on Sunday will be at noon, New Orleans @ St. Louis.

|Zach|
10-21-2005, 01:12 PM
just read this on kolr10's website
looks to me like it's all about money

IT IS NOT KOLR'S DECISION TO MAKE! IF IT WAS ABOUT MONEY THEN THEY WOULD BE PLAYING THE GAME!

This is like some bizzaro world. How many times have we gone over this.

luv
10-21-2005, 01:15 PM
IT IS NOT KOLR'S DECISION TO MAKE! IF IT WAS ABOUT MONEY THEN THEY WOULD BE PLAYING THE GAME!

This is like some bizzaro world. How many times have we gone over this.
I didn't read that as kolr thinking t was about the money, but the NFL giving DirecTV the rights over CBS. I have been known to misread things though.

|Zach|
10-21-2005, 01:20 PM
I didn't read that as kolr thinking t was about the money, but the NFL giving DirecTV the rights over CBS. I have been known to misread things though.
He said it was prob about the money even though that makes no sense. Mor emoney is made from the game being played.

ChiefsOne
10-21-2005, 01:30 PM
NFL rules do not permit us to air it.

When I spoke to the guy at KOLR10 he said it was due to contract obligations, I figured it was with CBS and they had to show their regular programs. Why would the NFL stop them from showing the game?

Won't it be on the NFL package, and if so, I am sure Sir Gregory's has it.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Information we have from CBS is that the NFL has made a deal with Direct TV to air the game on The NFL Channel on a tape delay basis on Sunday, at a time yet to be determined.

that's the part of the statement that made me wonder about the money part. why would the nfl have to make a deal to air the game on a tape delay basis?

NewChief
10-21-2005, 01:41 PM
He said it was prob about the money even though that makes no sense. Mor emoney is made from the game being played.

So are you saying it's not about the money? Come on man. We know it's all about the money. Stop fooling around, trying to confuse people.

luv
10-21-2005, 01:45 PM
When I spoke to the guy at KOLR10 he said it was due to contract obligations, I figured it was with CBS and they had to show their regular programs. Why would the NFL stop them from showing the game?

Won't it be on the NFL package, and if so, I am sure Sir Gregory's has it.
Dad called Sky Box. The woman said no one in Springfield will be watching the game as far as she knew.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
10-21-2005, 02:06 PM
what a fiasco with all the will it or won't it be on tv. at least i live where it will be broadcast live on the radio. i do enjoy listening to Mitch and Lenny so i guess it won't be all bad.
i think i've probably only missed 3 or 4 games in the last 16 years either being at the game or in front of the tv. it just sucks knowing its on and you can't watch, f**king nfl.

ChiefsOne
10-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Skybox said yesterday that they would have the game. Guess they were wrong.