PDA

View Full Version : Could pressure from the Chiefs get the game aired nationally on DirecTV?

FringeNC
10-21-2005, 11:22 AM
I wonder if the Chiefs demanded that the game was on, if the NFL and DirecTV would cave. Evidently, CP is already livid. Maybe we could flood Arrowhead with pleas that we were are out-of-towners and HAVE to see our Chiefs play.

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I doubt it very much.

siberian khatru
10-21-2005, 11:28 AM
He should treat them like the Ethan Locke bitches that they are.

sedated
10-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I thought they said it would be shown on DirecTV.

After all, you are paying to see every game.

siberian khatru
10-21-2005, 11:32 AM
I thought they said it would be shown on DirecTV.

After all, you are paying to see every game.

They just don't guarantee WHEN you get to see them.

FringeNC
10-21-2005, 11:35 AM
He should treat them like the Ethan Locke bitches that they are.

Yeah, where's Whitlock when you need him. At least he could suggest to CP to make a stand for Chiefs' fans to Fagliablew.

StcChief
10-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Call and bitch to Direct like jspchief did. He got money back.

FringeNC
10-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Call and bitch to Direct like jspchief did. He got money back.

I don't have DirecTV anymore. But all sports bars do, which is where I watch the games, and will not be able to now. This is a joke. There is money to be made, and enjoyment to be had by millions of football if this damn game were shown.

Actually, the problem is probably the FCC. If it wasn't for the f'ning government, private parties could reach an agreement, and not leave this money on the table. That's next, an e-mail to my representative, expressing my displeasure with the FCC.

Toto
10-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I called the NFL headquarters and spoke with a real person for a while and vented.

Here is the bottom line.

Sunday ticket games are ONLY shown on Sunday's @ 1pm and 4pm PERIOD! No if's and or buts. PERIOD. Impossible to even attempt to change this. (My DirecTV guide no longer has any showing at all this weekend on ch. 706.)

Also National telecasts per major market channels, CBS or ESPN are prohibited per contractual agreements...due to College and High School regulations.

Only Local CBS stations in Miami and KC....PERIOD. The only Live TV allowed.

The only bone being thrown to out of market people is the NFL Network tape delayed broadcast Sunday evening...Time to be worked out..(based upon largest veiwing audience as perceived by NFL Network)....probably 7, 8 or 9pm.

It's going to be difficult to keep sheltered from finding out the results before Sunday night...don't like watching after knowing the results!

FringeNC
10-21-2005, 11:57 AM
I called the NFL headquarters and spoke with a real person for a while and vented.

Here is the bottom line.

Sunday ticket games are ONLY shown on Sunday's @ 1pm and 4pm PERIOD! No if's and or buts. PERIOD. Impossible to even attempt to change this. (My DirecTV guide no longer has any showing at all this weekend on ch. 706.)

Also National telecasts per major market channels, CBS or ESPN are prohibited per contractual agreements...due to College and High School regulations.

A line of bullshit from the NFL. Contracts are broken all the time with sufficient side payments. Either the NFL is incompetent, or the FCC put their foot down, and ****ed us. Why the hell isn't the FCC abolished? It is constantly ****ing us with some stupid regulation.

FringeNC
10-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Vent to the FCC. Contact info here:

http://www.fcc.gov/contacts.html

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Vent to the FCC. Contact info here:

http://www.fcc.gov/contacts.html

FCC Complaint Department = \dev\null

StcChief
10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
NFW noon on game day right, like that will happen.

Chieftain58
10-21-2005, 12:26 PM
“We are extremely disappointed that we cannot carry the game," KWCH Vice President and General Manager Joan Barrett said. "I have been on the phone with CBS and the NFL all day. But due to NFL regulations, CBS is not allowed to provide the game to markets outside of Topeka and Kansas City.”

Viewers can register complaints with the National Football League by calling its offices at (212) 450-2000.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2005, 12:31 PM
I doubt it very much.
yep ... the nfl has control of the situation, not the chiefs

Directv will do whatever the NFL lets them do

blame tags

FringeNC
10-21-2005, 12:32 PM
“We are extremely disappointed that we cannot carry the game," KWCH Vice President and General Manager Joan Barrett said. "I have been on the phone with CBS and the NFL all day. But due to NFL regulations, CBS is not allowed to provide the game to markets outside of Topeka and Kansas City.”

Viewers can register complaints with the National Football League by calling its offices at (212) 450-2000.

I got someone's voice mail and left a message. If enough people complain to the involved parties, I think we have a chance. Can't the NFL and DirecTV sucessfully petition the FCC for a one-time exemption? I think they can, under enough pressure from irate fans.

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 12:33 PM
blame tags

Bingo.

And for anybody that wants to bring up the NFL's contractual obligations to HS and college football...

He didn't HAVE to move it to FRIDAY NIGHT.

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 12:44 PM
I got someone's voice mail and left a message. If enough people complain to the involved parties, I think we have a chance. Can't the NFL and DirecTV sucessfully petition the FCC for a one-time exemption? I think they can, under enough pressure from irate fans.

You have about as much chance of being struck by lightning.

The game will not be on.

Rausch
10-21-2005, 12:47 PM

Here is the bottom line.

Only Local CBS stations in Miami and KC....PERIOD. The only Live TV allowed.

That's funny, I seem to remember fri/sat games being played and televised before...

ptlyon
10-21-2005, 12:47 PM
You have about as much chance of being struck by lightning.

Or getting pregnant.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2005, 12:51 PM
That's funny, I seem to remember fri/sat games being played and televised before...

only after college football is over and/or if it was a tape delay like the tennessee(i think) game last year