PDA

View Full Version : The evolution of the "I'm leaving forever" thread...

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 02:48 PM
In the last 24 hours or so, we've seen dozens of threads lamenting the fact that the Chiefs game will not be televised for a great majority of us.

During that 24 hours, the tactics/suggestions for people to be able to see the game have gone from amusing (calling DirecTV to get zip codes changed), to hopeless (calling the NFL to complain), to downright absurd (contacting the NFL's major advertisers).

At some point during that 24 hours, I (and many others) decided that it was only possible to post "No, the game won't be on Sunday Ticket" a few hundred times before it was to the point of being pathetic.

At that point, some of us (aka "me") decided to make jokes at other users' expense.

In response to that, I received a PM from a long-time lurker/infrequent poster who has informed me that because I made fun of their post and I am a mod, they would be hesitant to post in the future. Futhermore, they suggested that the quality of the Planet has gone down significantly as of late, and my behavior is to blame.

Does this qualify as an "I'm leaving forever" thread? Or is a PM to one person, albeit a mod, not sufficient?

Goapics1
10-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Are you gonna post a poll?

siberian khatru
10-21-2005, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't exactly call Phobia an infrequent poster, but ... if his feelings are hurt, you should apologize.

BigRedChief
10-21-2005, 02:52 PM
I blame the lousy 2003'ers.

JimNasium
10-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Excuse please, but is the game on DirectTV tonite?

Bootlegged
1 sausage roll
2 sticks velveta
2 cans rotel tomatoes
Crock pot for 40 mins.

ROYC75
Damn Bully .......... :D

KCTitus
10-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Nice work, Parker...

Cochise
10-21-2005, 02:55 PM
1 sausage roll
2 sticks velveta
2 cans rotel tomatoes
Crock pot for 40 mins.

Keep f*cking doubting ground beef :cuss: :cuss:

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 02:58 PM
What time is the game? :doh!:

MOhillbilly
10-21-2005, 02:59 PM
to the lurker crybaby

Inspector
10-21-2005, 02:59 PM
I think we need to see the "I'm leaving and never coming back" thingy before it can be an official "I'm leaving forever" thread.

Besides, it makes it a lot easier to make fun iof them when they return.

And, it's not like Taco John ever did that. That's not what I'm talking about. In fact, I'm not even going to mention that. No way.

Donger
10-21-2005, 03:00 PM
1 sausage roll
2 sticks velveta
2 cans rotel tomatoes
Crock pot for 40 mins.

You eat that?

Cochise
10-21-2005, 03:02 PM
I think we need to see the "I'm leaving and never coming back" thingy before it can be an official "I'm leaving forever" thread.

Besides, it makes it a lot easier to make fun iof them when they return.

And, it's not like Taco John ever did that. That's not what I'm talking about. In fact, I'm not even going to mention that. No way.

Whatever, man, "delete my account" and "i'm leaving forever" are completely different.

SNR
10-21-2005, 03:02 PM
That was both a classless and deranged thing to do, Parker

morphius
10-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Its funny, a long time poster should know by now that our Mod's are just Mod's, its not like you guys get paid for the gig or anything, so why should they act different then they normally would? Hell, I think the mod's would chose just being regular posters over being a mod if it meant acting business like.

Pitt Gorilla
Eh, I don't see the need to start a thread about it. If someone sent you a PM, they probably didn't want this in the open. If they had actually started an I'm leaving" thread, then they'd be fair game. Are you trying to "get back" at them or something?

Dr. Facebook Fever
That's it, I'm outta here.

Chiefnj
10-21-2005, 03:09 PM
You're a mod? This place keeps sinking lower and lower every day.

That's it, screw you guys, I'm leaving.

Simplex3
10-21-2005, 03:12 PM
And, it's not like Taco John ever did that TWICE. That's not what I'm talking about. In fact, I'm not even going to mention that. No way.
I fixed your post.

Raiderhader
10-21-2005, 03:12 PM
If he didn't say he was leaving, I'm not sure it qualifies.

JimNasium
10-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Its funny, a long time poster should know by now that our Mod's are just Mod's, its not like you guys get paid for the gig or anything, so why should they act different then they normally would? Hell, I think the mod's would chose just being regular posters over being a mod if it meant acting business like.

True. If anything we hold our mods to a lower standard.

siberian khatru
10-21-2005, 03:14 PM
You eat that?

Since it's Lattimer, I assume he rolls around in it naked.

Bootlegged
10-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Since it's Lattimer, I assume he rolls around in it naked.

and then eat it. I'm delicious.

Boozer
10-21-2005, 03:17 PM
http://www.manshorts.net/images/bk.jpg

ExtremeChief
10-21-2005, 03:50 PM
I would think an infrequent poster is hesitant to post "all the time" so, really, what's the difference???

Now, whether you are a dick or not and an overmoderator is another question entirely...

BITE OFF PORKER!!!!!

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Eh, I don't see the need to start a thread about it. If someone sent you a PM, they probably didn't want this in the open. If they had actually started an I'm leaving" thread, then they'd be fair game. Are you trying to "get back" at them or something?

I started a thread about it because it's a legitimate question.

I did not identify the sender, I did not copy and paste the PM.

This poster singled me out and said MY behavior was contributing to the downfall of ChiefsPlanet.

IMO, the big problem at CP lately is the large proliferation of whiners that can't take a joke, but that's just me.

Mr. Kotter
10-21-2005, 04:26 PM
ROFL

Nah, an "I'm leaving" thread (an apology thread, heh) have to be on the open board....so all of us can join in the fun. ;)

Mr. Laz
10-21-2005, 04:26 PM
I started a thread about it because it's a legitimate question.

I did not identify the sender, I did not copy and paste the PM.

This poster singled me out and said MY behavior was contributing to the downfall of ChiefsPlanet.

IMO, the big problem at CP lately is the large proliferation of whiners that can't take a joke, but that's just me.
you are rather "anti-fan"

we've discussed it before

no more than several others though

morphius
10-21-2005, 04:32 PM
True. If anything we hold our mods to a lower standard.
Exactly, I mean Endelt is a Mod for crying out loud!

Morphius
good idea, bad idea

Braincase
10-21-2005, 04:38 PM
I can't believe the losers out there that have started one of those assinine threads. Buncha sissy drama queens just begging for attention if you ask me.

AeroSquid
10-21-2005, 04:45 PM
from my own experience being admin/mod on other boards i would not post a private message from another member. i mean... that's why it called a private message. i missed the other thread where you apperantly flamed the guy but hey... that's the internets.

Skip Towne
10-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I've left the Planet forever several times. I just don't tell anyone.

Basileus777
11-05-2008, 10:39 PM
History repeats itself.

luv
11-05-2008, 10:41 PM
History repeats itself.

Awesome find. Proof that things will repeat themselves unless we learn from them.

KcMizzou
11-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I've left the Planet forever several times. I just don't tell anyone.There's the key. That way you don't get mocked when you come back.

They just assume you're in prison or something. (Not speaking from personal experience)

Well, ok... maybe...

barry_smilez20
11-05-2008, 10:43 PM
i remember when i left lions planet

luv
11-05-2008, 10:47 PM
There's the key. That way you don't get mocked when you come back.

They just assume you're in prison or something. (Not speaking from personal experience)

Well, ok... maybe...

That's funny. Probably funnier if I knew the whole story, but funny nonetheless.

RJ
Awesome find. Proof that things will repeat themselves unless we learn from them.

For future reference, what should we learn from this?

Basileus777
So why exactly did htismaqe leave the Planet forever? Was there some drama I missed in the offseason?

luv
11-05-2008, 10:50 PM
For future reference, what should we learn from this?

Don't eat yellow snow?

KcMizzou
11-05-2008, 10:51 PM
That's funny. Probably funnier if I knew the whole story, but funny nonetheless.I went and drank a lot of beer with Frazod, EnDelt, NZoner, Rausch, Stevieray, and the like... at a Chiefsplanet get-together once.

They decided I looked like a "convict" because I had a shaved head and a goatee. Then for a long time.... when I didn't post for a while... they assumed I was in jail. :shrug:

:)

Skip Towne
11-05-2008, 10:52 PM
That's funny. Probably funnier if I knew the whole story, but funny nonetheless.

I'm not sure I know the whole story either. But, thanks to a photo of KCMizzou, that resembled a mug shot, he got labeled the Planet "convict".

RJ
11-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Don't eat yellow snow?

Frank Zappa was trying to tell us that 30 years ago.

luv
11-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I went and drank a lot of beer with Frazod, EnDelt, NZoner, Rausch, Stevieray, and the like... at a Chiefsplanet get-together once.

They decided I looked like a "convict" because I had a shaved head and a goatee. Then for a long time.... when I didn't post for a while... they assumed I was in jail. :shrug:

:)

I had gotten the gist a while back that you had actually spent time in jail.

KcMizzou
11-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I assumed a shaved head and a goatee was a Chiefsplanet requirement for a male member.

KcMizzou
11-05-2008, 11:00 PM
I had gotten the gist a while back that you had actually spent time in jail.LMAO

Full disclosure... I've been arrested twice. Once for MIP (minor in possesion of alcohol) and once for a bad check I passed in Warrensburg. Both happened when I was a kid in college.

On that second one, my mom was a police dispatcher, and saw that I had a warrant for a $35 bad check. (written in Warrensburg, before I came back home... I had no idea.)

We had a "Come to Jesus meeting" over that one... and she drove me to the station herself. It was brutal.

But no... I've never spent more than an hour or two in a jail cell. The holding cell was enough to straighten me up real quick-like.

Guru
11-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Damn. Blast from the past.

luv
11-05-2008, 11:04 PM
LMAO

Full disclosure... I've been arrested twice. Once for MIP (minor in possesion of alcohol) and once for a bad check I passed in Warrensburg. Both happened when I was a kid in college.

On that second one, my mom was a police dispatcher, and saw that I had a warrant for a $35 bad check. (written in Warrensburg, before I came back home... I had no idea.)

We had a "Come to Jesus meeting" over that one... and she drove me to the station herself. It was brutal.

But no... I've never spent more than an hour or two in a jail cell. The holding cell was enough to straighten me up real quick-like.

I've visited someone in jail. That was enough to do it for me.

MIP and a bad check. You're such a badass. :p

KcMizzou
11-05-2008, 11:05 PM
I've visited someone in jail. That was enough to do it for me.

MIP and a bad check. You're such a badass. :pHey, I'm no joke.

Seasoned criminal. Ask Frazod.

luv
11-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey, I'm no joke.

Seasoned criminal. Ask Frazod.

I think you guys should plan some kind of get together if frazzy should ever go to KC. I'd drive up for that. I'd stop and get Rausch again, but driving home from the bash was hell. He can find his own ride. :)

Guru
11-05-2008, 11:36 PM
I think you guys should plan some kind of get together if frazzy should ever go to KC. I'd drive up for that. I'd stop and get Rausch again, but driving home from the bash was hell. He can find his own ride. :)If tickets to the MU-KU game weren't insanely priced I would come up to spend some time too.

burt
11-06-2008, 08:06 AM

Do you keep in touch with the guy you held in there?

alpha_omega
11-06-2008, 08:10 AM
We have mods?

Rain Man
11-06-2008, 08:49 AM
LMAO

I'm not sure if being arrested by one's mother makes one the world's most badass criminal, or if it makes one the world's most pathetic criminal. I know that it's not in the middle, though.

Buck
11-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Can someone do me a favor and post the I'm leaving forever picture, you know which one I am talking about.

Frazod
11-25-2008, 01:55 PM
I think you guys should plan some kind of get together if frazzy should ever go to KC. I'd drive up for that. I'd stop and get Rausch again, but driving home from the bash was hell. He can find his own ride. :)

I'd love to. And generally I pick Brad up on the way, since I tend to visit one of my best friends in Jeff City whenever I come down.

Hopefully next year. :thumb:

Buck
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Nevermind I found it.

http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

Can somebody explain this to me?

Woodrow Call
11-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Nevermind I found it.

In that scene in Tombstone he says "Well, Bye" when Wyatt Earp says he is leaving town and that its over.

Buck
11-25-2008, 02:06 PM
In that scene in Tombstone he says "Well, Bye" when Wyatt Earp says he is leaving town and that its over.

Maybe I need to watch that movie.

Everyone always gives me shit about not having watched it.

Sure-Oz
11-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Nevermind I found it.

You haven't seen tombstone??

Buck
11-25-2008, 02:13 PM
You haven't seen tombstone??

No. I'll rent it this weekend, I got 4 days to watch movies.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 02:14 PM
In the Movie Wyett Earp tells that guy that he is all out of food from the KFC's big box. Then the guy is like "well.....bye"

Sure-Oz
11-25-2008, 02:16 PM
No. I'll rent it this weekend, I got 4 days to watch movies.

Great, great movie, its worth owning get the directors cut.

Buck
11-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Great, great movie, its worth owning get the directors cut.

Is it on Blu-Ray?

Sure-Oz
11-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Is it on Blu-Ray?

Not yet...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EJ3RN17PL._SS500_.jpg

If you can't get the directors cut, then the regular will do, the DC has 4 extra minutes i believe and more extras.

luv
11-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Is it on Blu-Ray?

Can blu-ray players play regular dvd's?

Sure-Oz
11-25-2008, 02:21 PM

Yes, and they upconvert them to near HD via HDMI

Buck
11-25-2008, 02:22 PM

I'm pretty sure all of them do, but it would be possible that a DVD doesn't play in a Blu-Ray player if it doesn't have a DVD Reader and just a Blu-Ray Reader.

Saulbadguy
11-25-2008, 02:22 PM

Only if you put them in upside down.

Ultra Peanut
11-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I blame FEMA

StcChief
11-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Maybe I need to watch that movie.

Everyone always gives me shit about not having watched it.It's excellent I have it on VHS a classic re-due of Gun fight at OK Corral.

Bob Dole
11-25-2008, 03:00 PM
I blame FEMA

They hate Chiefs people.

Frazod
11-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Only if you put them in upside down.

LMAO

You're a dick, but you're funny.

Dayze
11-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Tombstone is one of those movies I've seen many, many times and it never gets old.

It blows "Wyatt Earp" out of the water. I was not fond of Dennis Quaid's portrayal of Doc Holiday - after seeing Val Kilmer in that role, there is no comparison; Val wins hands-down. Kurt Russel is great and outshines Costner.

As evident by my avatar....the movie rocks.

Frazod
11-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Tombstone is one of those movies I've seen many, many times and it never gets old.

It blows "Wyatt Earp" out of the water. I was not fond of Dennis Quaid's portrayal of Doc Holiday - after seeing Val Kilmer in that role, there is no comparison; Val wins hands-down. Kurt Russel is great and outshines Costner.

As evident by my avatar....the movie rocks.

You may have liked Kilmer's performance better, but Quaid BECAME Doc Holladay. He was a bony, abrasive, terminally ill prick. It was an amazingly accurate portrayal.

I like both movies - but one's a dramatic character study, and one's an action flick. Sadly, neither is all that accurate.