PDA

View Full Version : D-NEEDS TO STEP UPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

CASHMAN
10-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Cant keep this up all year :banghead:.

CASHMAN.

carlos3652
10-21-2005, 07:42 PM
7 punts thru 3 1/2 qtrs...208 yards... 65 coming on 1 play... 13 points... I think they are doing a good job...

CASHMAN
10-22-2005, 10:22 AM
7 punts thru 3 1/2 qtrs...208 yards... 65 coming on 1 play... 13 points... I think they are doing a good job...

Yes i thank they looked good in the 2nd half, but still giving up way to many dump passes and getting burnt deep a few to many times for me.
The skins were carving away at us and so did the dolphins alot on the secondary, yes we got the W but still need to work on the coverage playing 5 yards off your guy and giving him the catch isnt going to work at all.
Yes i am very happy about the wins and all but still worry about the D they have showed bright spots but alot more weak spots is all i am saying, they have better players and should be playing alot better.

CASHMAN.

Dr. Chief
10-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Calm down. The D is a work in progress. We just got Warfield back and the other new players are becoming more comfortable with the schemes. It's undeniable that they are getting better and will continue to do so. We will be even better if we can get Sims and Barber back.

We are doing enough to win right now and be in position for the playoffs. The key is to peak around week 12, not week 7.

philfree
10-22-2005, 10:52 AM
It's a shame they gave up the two big plays. On the long run they all thought Surtain had him going out of bounds and they relaxed and he didn't go out. The D was where they were supposed to be they just didn't finish the play. On the long pass it looked to me like they just kinda fell asleep with an 18 point lead. With the long day they had I'm gonna give'm a break on that one. Out of the 286 total yards they had 142 on them on two plays. If it hadn't been for those two lousy plays it would have been a great day for the D. The good side is they got the win and Gun still enough ammo to ride their ass all week. I bet he has a ball showing those guys those two plays and berating them for them.

PhilFree:arrow:

RedThat
10-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Our D has been "ok" the last 2 weeks. Look it, were still giving up the yards, but, thats fine. We are holding up for our offense. I dont think this "D" is terrible anymore, and thats what counts. The important thing we have to account for is, we got guys that can make plays. They are forcing turnovers, and thats huge.

*Giving up the big plays are still a concern. They are mainly mental errors thats all. Our defense gave up 3 big plays in 2 straight weeks. 2/3 I blame Wesley. The 78 yard screen TD catch by S.Moss was Wesleys fault. He was late getting there, and didnt close the angle well. Ronnie Browns long TD run was also Wesleys fault. He went for the big hit, instead of wrapping up. Just bad technique, tackling on his part.

Wesley is a big reason why our defense gave up big plays the last 2 weeks. He needs to step up, and the defensive coaches should have a talk with him.

philfree
10-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Our D has been "ok" the last 2 weeks. Look it, were still giving up the yards, but, thats fine. We are holding up for our offense. I dont think this "D" is terrible anymore, and thats what counts. The important thing we have to account for is, we got guys that can make plays. They are forcing turnovers, and thats huge.

*Giving up the big plays are still a concern. They are mainly mental errors thats all. Our defense gave up 3 big plays in 2 straight weeks. 2/3 I blame Wesley. The 78 yard screen TD catch by S.Moss was Wesleys fault. He was late getting there, and didnt close the angle well. Ronnie Browns long TD run was also Wesleys fault. He went for the big hit, instead of wrapping up. Just bad technique, tackling on his part.

Wesley is a big reason why our defense gave up big plays the last 2 weeks. He needs to step up, and the defensive coaches should have a talk with him.

I disagree. There were numerous Chiefs in the area but when Wesley laid the wood they all thought Brown would go down of out of bounds and the quit playing for an instant which allowed Brown to slip down the sidelines for the TD. If those guys keep coming Brown doesn't go anywhere. I do agree about the Moss play though.

PhilFree:arrow: