PDA

View Full Version : John Welbourn's Play ???

royr17
10-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Ok, in the 3rd quarter I believe, when Jordan Black went out, how did John Welbourn look fillin in ?

Was last years performance a fluke due to a bad knee or is he really not that good of a OT.

Any improvement from last year you could see of ?

Just wondering.

royr17
10-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Did anybody watch Welbourn's play at all, or was you unaware that he was in the game.

HolmeZz
10-22-2005, 01:39 AM
I saw him on the sidelines once.

Coach
10-22-2005, 09:07 AM
He played somewhere around 3rd Quarter and later, and I didn't hear his name being called.

So not having your named called doesn't necessarly mean a bad thing. :)

R&GHomer
10-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Damn.... I'm meeting him today. Wish I had something to compliment him on. Oh well, a win is good enough.

nychief
10-22-2005, 09:25 AM
when was the last time you heard glowing commentary on a Right Tackle?

Announcer:
"Welborn is DOMINATING the game from the right tackle spot since taking over for an injured Jordan black. Can you say Wally Pipp?"

"Welborn again manhandling the defense single-handedly."

- in all seriousness, I think he is a quality backup OL.

Cochise
10-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Vermeil was raving about him on the radio. He said that he was stronger and in the best condition he'd been in since coming to the team and that he expected him to play very well the rest of the year.

Course, he says that about a lot of players, but FWIW.

the Talking Can
10-22-2005, 09:36 AM
I don't know who was playing RT, but we did have success running to the right inside the tackle...which means Shields had good game - which is good news indeed.

And our pass protection was very good, so whoever it was at RT was doing a good job in that aspect.

Sully
10-22-2005, 10:06 AM
He played pretty well. I was impressed. Our line played their best game so far, as Trent saw very little pressure(not as little pressure as Frerotte). Roaf pretty much dominated Jason Taylor, except for one play that I can recall.

redbrian
10-22-2005, 10:16 AM
As far as I could tell he held his own, he had to go in when Black had his head in the trash can talking to ralph.

C-Mac
10-22-2005, 10:30 AM
He played pretty well. I was impressed. Our line played their best game so far, as Trent saw very little pressure(not as little pressure as Frerotte). Roaf pretty much dominated Jason Taylor, except for one play that I can recall.

If your thnking of the sack, Roaf was blocking on someone else and Taylor came around on a stunt, but Taylor can bring it.

Sully
10-22-2005, 10:34 AM
No, it wasn't the sack, there was one play where Taylor changed direction on Roaf and got past him to the inside, but I don't think he got the sack.

C-Mac
10-22-2005, 10:41 AM
No, it wasn't the sack, there was one play where Taylor changed direction on Roaf and got past him to the inside, but I don't think he got the sack.

Taylor is a heck of a player.
Even though Roaf won many of the battles, he gave Roaf all he wanted.