PDA

View Full Version : Kendrell Bell How was his play?

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 08:35 AM
I think his playing OLB is effecting him when he played ILB at Pitt.

Hes not as effective perhaps. Plus adjusting to Gunthers scheme. I don't like to make excuses for him, i was hopeing he would make of an impact for the d.

the Talking Can
10-22-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm curious too.

Obviously, our D played well, so he must have had something to do with it..but I don't remember him making any big plays. But I wasn't watching real close due to company.

NFL.com has him and Sapp credited with a 1/2 sack. Anyone remember that play?

Hoover
10-22-2005, 08:39 AM
The radio guys said he had a good first half

The Bad Guy
10-22-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm curious too.

Obviously, our D played well, so he must have had something to do with it..but I don't remember him making any big plays. But I wasn't watching real close due to company.

NFL.com has him and Sapp credited with a 1/2 sack. Anyone remember that play?

That play was when Frerotte fumbled.

SLAG
10-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Bell Definatly Stepped up and Produced more than in any other game IMO

Wile_E_Coyote
10-22-2005, 08:51 AM
if only Bell could have fell on top of the fumble instead of trying to pick it up & run it in. The field was probably to slick, he lost his footing. Then again the slick field may be why he couldn't get control of the ball

SLAG
10-22-2005, 08:54 AM
if only Bell could have fell on top of the fumble instead of trying to pick it up & run it in. The field was probably to slick, he lost his footing. Then again the slick field may be why he couldn't get control of the ball

It was Hicks that tried to pick it up and lost it....

Kclee
10-22-2005, 08:55 AM

I thought it was Hicks that tried to run with it. That's what they said on the radio anyway. I didn't see the game.

jiveturkey
10-22-2005, 08:56 AM
It was Hicks that tried to pick it up and lost it....I belive that it was Carlos Hall.

Wile_E_Coyote
It was Hicks that tried to pick it up and lost it....

my bad then, I thought I saw 99. Did it look like he was trying to pick it up & run it in or just trying to get control of it

the Talking Can
That play was when Frerotte fumbled.

thanks...that was Hicks who couldn't hold on to the fumble....oh well, good to see him around the QB...

the stats for the game are wierd..the only ran it like 14 times, and they only completed 15 passes (or so)...so there aren't many tackles to go around:

Mitchell lead with 5
DJ and Bell had 3, i think
etc..

if you just looked at the tackle stats you won't realize how good the D played...

jiveturkey
10-22-2005, 08:59 AM
thanks...that was Hicks who couldn't hold on to the fumble....oh well, good to see him around the QB...

Bell and Sapp were laying the wood to Ferret while Carlos Hall was playing hot potato with the ball.

The radio was wrong.

jettio
10-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Bell and Sapp were laying the wood to Ferret while Carlos Hall was playing hot potato with the ball.

The radio was wrong.

On my tv screen, it was #92.

Maybe Hicks or Bell was wearing Hall's gear in the second half, I mean, it can't be possible that only one person in a thread has any idea as to who it really was? Could it?

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Maybe Hicks or Bell was wearing Hall's gear in the second half, I mean, it can't be possible that only one person in a thread has any idea as to who it really was? Could it?

Scanlon?

Skip Towne
10-22-2005, 09:19 AM
On my radio dial it looked like # 98.1.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-22-2005, 09:21 AM
I stopped being lazy & checked it(video). It was Hicks & he should have just fell on the ball

anyway for play by play in print http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20051021_KC@MIA

B_Ambuehl
10-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Bell is most effective in the running game blowing up blocks so if you wanna see how effective he is you need to watch him away from the ball and not just watch who makes the tackle. On any running play to his side he puts his head down and attakcs the line and blows up the lead blocker(s).

My only complaint is he often literally does put his head down and attacks like a missile and because of that he's a little out of control.

It's easy to see why coaches would be enamored with his talent. I've never seen a linebacker with the acceleration in the short range area and the pop at impact like he has.

jettio
10-22-2005, 12:23 PM
I stopped being lazy & checked it(video). It was Hicks & he should have just fell on the ball

anyway for play by play in print http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20051021_KC@MIA

#92 is Carlos Hall.

Hicks was not even on the field for the play.

htismaqe
10-22-2005, 12:27 PM
I thought Bell looked better last night.

kepp
10-22-2005, 12:30 PM
#92 is Carlos Hall.

Looked like Hall to me too. I'm going to put the game on DVD this weekend sometime so i'll go back and check.

keg in kc
10-22-2005, 12:36 PM
It was Carlos Hall. Caught it on the replay.

Bell hit Frerotte pretty good on that play. Was his best game to date.

I think he's been invisible primarily because he's in coverage so much. Pissburgh used him almost exclusively in a pass-rush role, whereas we're using him (and all the LBs) in zone an awful lot. He looked more comfortable in that role yesterday than he had before, but he still has a ways to go I think.

RINGLEADER
10-22-2005, 01:19 PM
It was Carlos Hall. Caught it on the replay.

Bell hit Frerotte pretty good on that play. Was his best game to date.

I think he's been invisible primarily because he's in coverage so much. Pissburgh used him almost exclusively in a pass-rush role, whereas we're using him (and all the LBs) in zone an awful lot. He looked more comfortable in that role yesterday than he had before, but he still has a ways to go I think.

Agree.

The difference with Bell, as I see it, is that there's an upside for a big game or game-changing plays. We didn't really have that at that position before and I'm sure as the season progresses so will he.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-22-2005, 01:58 PM
#92 is Carlos Hall.

well mother ****ing cock sucking son of a slut mouthed whore, 92 looks like 98 on grainy video. But HALL looks nothing like HICKS on the outset of the play :cuss:

I tried to neg rep myself but I couldn't, fire away

HemiEd
10-22-2005, 02:33 PM
:LOL:

HemiEd
12-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Agree.

The difference with Bell, as I see it, is that there's an upside for a big game or game-changing plays. We didn't really have that at that position before and I'm sure as the season progresses so will he.

If he progressed, I have missed it.

chagrin
12-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Who is this Kendrell Bell everyone keeps speaking about?

Demonpenz
12-20-2005, 11:13 AM
bell his hurt, fat and slow. and thats no way to go through an nfl season