PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Is it just me or do the Chiefs always have to have a no-name player come from no where and just kick ass against us every year? Welker averaging over 23 yards a kick return, 28 yards a punt return, with a 47 yard return, (which an illegal block was flagged but then picked up because the blocker was not in "chase mode" WTF was that about!) not to mention 2 receptions for 41 yards!

Hell last week it was that Chris Cooley guy..........

I don't understand it............

:shake:

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Welker has a name in South Fla. He's in his 2nd year returning kicks for the Fins. His average this season is 21.8yds per kick return with a long of 28. Last season he had a long of 95yds. This season he's also averaging 12yds per punt return with a season long of 47yds.

Fried Meat Ball!
10-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah, and I added him to my FF team this week. PBJ

siberian khatru
10-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Everytime I hear that name I think:

http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p1277894reg.jpg

nychief
10-22-2005, 10:12 AM
didn't he play at like texas tech?

Nasty
10-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Is it just me or do the Chiefs always have to have a no-name player come from no where and just kick ass against us every year? Welker averaging over 23 yards a kick return, 28 yards a punt return, with a 47 yard return, (which an illegal block was flagged but then picked up because the blocker was not in "chase mode" WTF was that about!) not to mention 2 receptions for 41 yards!

Hell last week it was that Chris Cooley guy..........

I don't understand it............

:shake:

Dont feel bad about Wes Welker. He is good. He was a rookie last year. Remember his name. He has been our most explosive and consistant WR and KR this season. He was great returning kicks last year and we have been using him in the passing game this year with alot of success. He beat out David Boston for the #3 spot. He maybe a no name to you, but every DolFan knows who Wes Welker is. He is the real deal. He might even challenge Marty Booker for the #2 spot soon.

Nasty

Coach
10-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Ah, Wes Welker, he was very good for Texas Tech, returning punts and kickoffs.

I think he'll be a good kick returner and punt returner for Miami.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Dont feel bad about Wes Welker. He is good. He was a rookie last year. Remember his name. He has been our most explosive and consistant WR and KR this season. He was great returning kicks last year and we have been using him in the passing game this year with alot of success. He beat out David Boston for the #3 spot. He maybe a no name to you, but every DolFan knows who Wes Welker is. He is the real deal. He might even challenge Marty Booker for the #2 spot soon.

Nasty

I don't feel bad about it at all, he looks like he will be a pretty good and consistent player. I was just making the point that the Chiefs seem to be in the business of making careers for opposing players. Anyone remember Scott Mitchell? Deltha O'Neal? (although he is turning out to be pretty good for the Bengals) The Chiefs got both of those guys paid alot!