PDA

View Full Version : 4-2 Not too Shabby

SLAG
10-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Im really Stoked about being 4 and 2.. This is awesome. So I pose to you ... Are we gonna shock the bolts and come out with back to back road wins?

UKMike
10-22-2005, 10:17 AM
I have no idea whats going to happen next week, but if we win, I'm gonna go crazy, we'll be in awsome shape.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-22-2005, 10:41 AM
who would vote no, what a dumbass

i mean realy who throws a cup cake

redbrian
10-22-2005, 10:45 AM

I'm guessing someone like taco-fan.

Simplex3
10-22-2005, 10:49 AM

And your plan for stopping LT would be....

If our O was clicking I'd say we lock this one up no problem. However, LT is going to post at least 3 TDs on us if not 4. I don't know that we have an answer for that. Also, Brees isn't going to miss two wide open guys in the end zone like Frerotte did.

B_Ambuehl
10-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Only twice all year long have teams playing 2 back to back road games won both of those games. Winning one game on the road is hard enough...home teams are winning at a 65% clip. But winning 2 in a row on the road?? whew- thus far road teams have only a 15% chance of winning 2 consecutive games on the road.

We'll see though.

carlos3652
10-22-2005, 11:46 AM
hmmm... after playing:

Jets
@ Oakland
@ Denver
Philly
Washington
@ Miami

I think 4-2 was best case scenario for a lot of Chiefs fans...

chiefsfaninNC
10-22-2005, 11:48 AM

If our O was clicking I'd say we lock this one up no problem. However, LT is going to post at least 3 TDs on us if not 4. I don't know that we have an answer for that. Also, Brees isn't going to miss two wide open guys in the end zone like Frerotte did.

I don't think LT is going to be the problem. McCardell and Gates are the ones that scare me.

JBucc
10-22-2005, 11:51 AM
It all depends on if our offense can sustain drives and avoid turnovers. I don't care how well the defense plays we can't stop LT, Gates, etc. so we'll have to play keep-a-way.

SNR
10-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I don't think we'll win down there.

But I'll say yes in a close one anyway because I'm that damn hopeful.

HolmeZz
10-22-2005, 12:01 PM
A win would put us in great shape. The following 3 games would all be pretty winnable.[/no jinx]

acasas4
10-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Two extra days rest, the O is playing better as is the D. We will win in San Diego!!!!!!!!!

Calcountry
10-22-2005, 12:55 PM
hmmm... after playing:

Jets
@ Oakland
@ Denver
Philly
Washington
@ Miami

I think 4-2 was best case scenario for a lot of Chiefs fans...And we did that without Roaf, Welborne, and Warfield for most of the games.

Things are looking great so far. The Chargers will be a test, but oh how I hate Marty.

keg in kc
10-22-2005, 01:05 PM
4-2 was what I hoped for by this point, but oh how that Philly meltdown stings. I try not to fall into the "we could'a been 5-1" trap, but, man, we could'a...

Oh well, enough of that.

I don't think we'll win Sunday. I think we can, but I don't think we will. The extra prep time will help, at least in terms of letting us rest/heal up, but San Diego's a pretty good team. I don't think we'll get blown out (it's possible, though - I could see a repeat of the Denver game if some bounces go against us early), I think we'll fall just a little short.

It'll be a great win if we get it. I'll take any win over Martyocre.

mac58
10-22-2005, 01:07 PM
4- 2 is great right now just think if we wouldve not imploded during that eagles game. But this game is gonna be tough. Its gonna be hard to stop LT. our defense although improved still has many holes and we let up at least one huge play a week.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-22-2005, 01:10 PM

not realy sure what to say so..........

i poke you in the eye and walk away

Sully
10-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Is it silly that I'm not all that worried about Tomlinson? Other than a few big plays, we've had a defense that's pretty good against the run.
I agree with whoever sid they were worried about McCardell. (And Gates).

jiveturkey
10-22-2005, 01:37 PM
We won the games that I thought we would win and lost the games that I thought we would lose.

Here's how I had it picked prior to the season.
@SD L
Oak W
@Buf L
@Hou W
NE L
Den W
@Dal L
@NY W
SD W
Cin W

10-6 works for me.

RINGLEADER
10-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Truth is that the Chiefs don't play well against teams that can successfully sell mis-direction and San Diego is very good at this. If they run straight at us I have no doubt the Chiefs can handle them. But I'll be surprised as all heck if they try to do that. If we win it will be close and it will be because our offense puts up more than 30 because that's what it's going to take I'm afriad...

RINGLEADER
10-22-2005, 02:32 PM
We won the games that I thought we would win and lost the games that I thought we would lose.

@SD L
Oak W
@Buf L
@Hou W
NE L
Den W
@Dal L
@NY W
SD W
Cin W

10-6 works for me.

I think we can beat Buffalo and the injury-depleated Patriots. New York on the road and Cincy could be more difficult than expected.

That frickin' Eagles game better not come back to bite us...we should be 5-1 right now.

Logical
10-22-2005, 03:40 PM

i mean realy who throws a cup cakeI am no dumbass and I voted no. Chargers are a better offensive team right now than the Chiefs, at least as good defensively, better on special team and they are at home. I have always predicted a loss to San Diego in San Diego.

Deberg_1990
10-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Its gonna be a very tough game. If we had a pass rush to get to Brees, id say we would win. Reality is, we have ZERO pass rush about 95% of the time, so im gonna go with a loss on this one.

Bolts - 33

Chiefs - 27

the Talking Can
10-22-2005, 03:48 PM
4-2 was what I hoped for by this point, but oh how that Philly meltdown stings. I try not to fall into the "we could'a been 5-1" trap, but, man, we could'a...

that's how I feel...that Philly loss still hurts

we can survive a loss to San Diego, but not a blowout a la Denver..I'll feel better in general as soon as Denver loses another

elvomito
10-22-2005, 03:53 PM
look for the run defense to continue to be decent
chiefs D will struggle with passes to RBs.
For all the talk about the new playmaking linebackers, the Chiefs are still the worst team in the league at preventing yardage on passes to running backs. They give up an average of 7.6 yards per pass, while league average is 5.5 yards per passand with LT that could be a real problem
however, with extra rest and gameplanning time, we should play a better game than the steelers did and come out with a bigger win, not by much though
lets just hope they lose to the eagles this weekend.
i'm also glad we beat a team that beat the broncos.... may come in handy at playoff time

chefsos
10-22-2005, 04:50 PM
I went all homer and picked a close win in this poll (margin of error +/-100%), but we'd have to catch every break to win in SD.
Improved rush D won't come into play, IMO. Tomlinson could end up with Ricky Williams-type rushing numbers and drive a stake through the Chiefs' hearts anyway.

unlurking
10-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Personally, I think we hold the Bolts under 20. LT doesn't scare me. Our run D has improved by leaps and bounds. The only problem we have stopping RBs is when they are big and hard to take down. Our D is very fast and hitting hard right now. LT is not the type of player to bounce of linebackers and keep running. What scares me is the secondary and our pass rush. If we can keep the improved pass rush we have seen the last two games, I think we win handily.

WebGem
10-22-2005, 05:07 PM
oh paste

greg63
10-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Voted "Yes in a close one" - no particular reason.

Chromatic
10-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I think it'll be close but i'm confident we'll pull out a W.

picasso
10-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Personally, I think we hold the Bolts under 20. LT doesn't scare me. Our run D has improved by leaps and bounds. The only problem we have stopping RBs is when they are big and hard to take down. Our D is very fast and hitting hard right now. LT is not the type of player to bounce of linebackers and keep running. What scares me is the secondary and our pass rush. If we can keep the improved pass rush we have seen the last two games, I think we win handily.

I agree with you.
The one thing the Chargers are going to do is come out to establish the run to make up for LT gaining just 7 yards in the game against the Eagles. Then they will try to throw in play action to Gates.
Wesley needs to get his head out of his ass, creep up and knock Antonio's head off. I'm not scared of LT this year - run D is solid.
The secondary needs to make a statement this game. I was really impressed in the game against the Dolphins. Surtain stepped up huge.
Warfield will have his first game under his belt and should step up more this weekend.
As far as Ferotte throwing bad passes in the Miami game there was a reason for it. We did get presssure early and often in that game against a mush larger Oline. Hicks finally stepped up and played his best game in 2 years.

PunkinDrublic
10-24-2005, 12:31 PM
What worries me is LT. One thing about great backs they usually play huge after a bad game. My worry is that LT will take his frustration from the philly game out on our defense. I hate the bolts and am reluctant to give them credit but they are better than there record shows. IMO they have more to play for because if they lose they have no margin of error if they want to save their season.

cdcox
10-24-2005, 01:30 PM
We have beaten the Jets, Raiders, Miami and Redskins this year. I think SD is better than all of those, plus we are on the road. I don't like our chances and count this one as a loss.

OTH, if we can orchestrate things so Marty is kicking a field goal to go up by 2 with 3:30 left, I think our chances will be great.

chiefsfan1963
10-24-2005, 01:37 PM

@SD L
Oak W
@Buf L
@Hou W
NE L
Den W
@Dal L
@NY W
SD W
Cin W

10-6 works for me.

It doesn't work for me! We need 12 wins minimum! :cuss:
We are getting better! We need this next win! Don't set us up for this loss.

Ultra Peanut
10-24-2005, 01:39 PM
not realy sure what to say so..........

i poke you in the eye and walk awayCaptain Insano shows no mercy.

chiefsfan1963
10-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Its gonna be a very tough game. If we had a pass rush to get to Brees, id say we would win. Reality is, we have ZERO pass rush about 95% of the time, so im gonna go with a loss on this one.

Bolts - 33

Chiefs - 27

24-14 Chiefs! SD's TD's are junk TD's; made in the last 10 minutes of the game! :p

PunkinDrublic
10-24-2005, 01:48 PM

@SD L
Oak W
@Buf L
@Hou W
NE L
Den W
@Dal L
@NY W
SD W
Cin W

10-6 works for me.

Losing to the Cowboys are you kidding me. Dallas is so overrated or maybe it just seems that way because I live here and people freak out when they win.

MOhillbilly
10-24-2005, 02:13 PM
4-2 is great and KC has four winnable games coming up which is good cause they could very easly go 3-3 or worse starting at the NE game.

Run the ball and play tough on D and KC has a chance to win the division.

but theyll probably tank-either lose all the division games or play close till the end and miss a spot the lastgame.

Tuckdaddy
10-24-2005, 02:29 PM
The schedule does not let up at all. WE really need to win in SD. Tough road games to NY and Buff could both be losses in November. We have a long way to go seeing how the only actually good team we beat was Wash.

SLAG
01-11-2006, 04:48 PM

@SD L
Oak W
@Buf L
@Hou W
NE L
Den W
@Dal L
@NY W
SD W
Cin W

10-6 works for me.

So close yet so far