PDA

View Full Version : OK I gotta bitch about something in the Dolphin game.

Frankie
10-22-2005, 01:33 PM
I have just watched the first half of the 2nd qtr on NFL.com (Actually test-watching the video). There are two things that are pretty frustrating to me:

1- Twice in a row the Chiefs 'O' does a 3 and out. On both series Trent throws a bit high, but very catchable passes that would have given us first downs. Kennison and Borighter fail to catch them. They are far from Chiefs players I resent. But against a different oponent those drops could lose the game for us.

2- Twice in a row good punt returns by Dante are nullified by "illegal block from behind." That's been frustratingly frequent in all our games this year. What's up with that? Is Gasz doing any coaching? I bet when I watch the entire game I'll see a few more incidences of that.

OK. End of bitching. Your turn to comment.

Phobia
10-22-2005, 01:34 PM
I can't remember a punt return that didn't result in some penalty against our team.

Bo dropped a lot of catchable balls last night. He did not look good.

Skip Towne
10-22-2005, 01:42 PM
That block in the back crap gets old. We do it nearly every time and have for a long time. Does Ganz ever talk to his dad?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-22-2005, 01:55 PM
I can't remember a punt return that didn't result in some penalty against our team.

Bo dropped a lot of catchable balls last night. He did not look good.
No chit....... every time the Chiefs set up to return a punt I ask, "how many illegal blocks are we going to get called for here". I guess all the Chiefs players are always in "chase mode" though, which makes it illegal then.

:banghead:

jynni
10-22-2005, 01:56 PM
That block in the back crap gets old. We do it nearly every time and have for a long time. Does Ganz ever talk to his dad?
I know - you'd think that after the coverage unit gets called for it on nearly every single return that maybe they'd think "geez - maybe I'm not supposed to do that".

Dante should make them run gassers...

Frankie
10-22-2005, 02:00 PM
All I know is I would be real pissed if Dante returns one to the redzone (or for a TD) against the Bolts or Donks and we end up losing the game only because some airhead on the Chiefs does the illegal block in the back.

Frankie
10-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Of course the conspiracy theorist in me likes to believe that Taglibooboo, in his apparent hatred of the Chiefs, has instructed the refs to call Dante's returns back.

Lbedrock1
10-22-2005, 02:15 PM
I have just watched the first half of the 2nd qtr on NFL.com (Actually test-watching the video). There are two things that are pretty frustrating to me:

1- Twice in a row the Chiefs 'O' does a 3 and out. On both series Trent throws a bit high, but very catchable passes that would have given us first downs. Kennison and Borighter fail to catch them. They are far from Chiefs players I resent. But against a different oponent those drops could lose the game for us.

2- Twice in a row good punt returns by Dante are nullified by "illegal block from behind." That's been frustratingly frequent in all our games this year. What's up with that? Is Gasz doing any coaching? I bet when I watch the entire game I'll see a few more incidences of that.

OK. End of bitching. Your turn to comment.
U b*tch to much what about the positives? We won the game so now who is next?

morphius
10-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Of course the conspiracy theorist in me likes to believe that Taglibooboo, in his apparent hatred of the Chiefs, has instructed the refs to call Dante's returns back.
Well, Dante's return against Donx did lead to the rules being changed so that now sometimes blocks in the side are illegal because Donx whined so much about it. Funny how a team that dives for the knees would bitch about that, but who are we to judge, (insert iowanian like bitch here). What I liked last night was that they picked up a flag for a block in the side because the player wasnt in persuit, what kind of BS is that?

Frankie
10-22-2005, 02:24 PM
U b*tch to much what about the positives? We won the game so now who is next?
Have you been reading my posts? I bitch too much? This whole thread is MY bitching thread (one my very few occasions to do so). What are you doing in it?

Frankie
10-22-2005, 02:27 PM
What I liked last night was that they picked up a flag for a block in the side because the player wasnt in persuit, what kind of BS is that?
But do you ever remember the refs doing that in our favor? It's a Tags conspiracy I tell ya.

Lbedrock1
10-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Have you been reading my posts? I bitch too much? This whole thread is MY bitching thread (one my very few occasions to do so). What are you doing in it?
I don't mean that as if you do it all the time. I'm really just messing with you because you b*tched about 2 things instead of 1.

morphius
10-22-2005, 02:41 PM
But do you ever remember the refs doing that in our favor? It's a Tags conspiracy I tell ya.
Well, Tags is on the East coast, and everyone from there knows the only things that matter is the East and West coasts...

mlyonsd
10-22-2005, 02:43 PM
I hate you guys that got to watch the game live.

morphius
10-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Well, if your not a big enough fan to live here, you obviously don't matter.

Frankie
10-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Long as this is my bitching thread here are two more:

1- The Refs
4th quarter. Chiefs leading 30-13. Wesley has an INT and a nice return. At the end of the run he gets his clock rung out. To his credit he holds on to the ball, then proudly gets up and gently tosses the ball over to a cluster of the Dolphins. Not AT them! TO them! He gets flagged for "unsportsmanlike conduct" and the Chiefs are deprived of 15 FREAKING IMPORTANT YARDS!... Tags? :hmmm:

2- The Chiefs 'O'
4th quarter. 2:52 left. Chiefs, leading 30-13, have a 4th and 3 on the Fins' 21:
a) Why not another FG?
b) After deciding to go for it why a pitch-back play?
c) Why a run play to the heavy side of the field when the RT side is all green pasture? I know it was the strong side, but the 'D' was heavily shifted there too.

mlyonsd
10-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Well, if your not a big enough fan to live here, you obviously don't matter.

ROFL Prick.

j/k

Sully
10-22-2005, 02:48 PM
The penalty on Wesley was deserved, he was tossing the ball into the tackler's facemask, and it'll get called every time.

Frankie
10-22-2005, 02:54 PM
I don't mean that as if you do it all the time. I'm really just messing with you because you b*tched about 2 things instead of 1.
I see. So you actually helped me to get another reason to bitch in my bitching thread. I'm sorry I doubted your intentions. I'm touched.... It gets me right....... here :crybaby:
:p

Frankie
10-22-2005, 02:56 PM
I didn't watch it live. But I watched it on www.nfl.com later. So don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Frankie
10-22-2005, 03:01 PM
The penalty on Wesley was deserved, he was tossing the ball into the tackler's facemask, and it'll get called every time.
I just watched it again and I disagree. He does an underhand short toss. Not a bullet through intended to hurt or anything. I know he is not one of the favorite Chiefs right now on this bb. But I have to be fair.

morphius
10-22-2005, 03:02 PM
ROFL Prick.

j/k
Yeah, I'm just jealous 'cause I live here and you have actually been to as many games as I have this year, and my only trip out there was preseason.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Apparently some of you missed the new rules that were instituted in the off season so here's a refresher.

Kick Returns

Page 137
Rule 96
subsection 15d

Because so many teams (Namely Denver. Dante owns their ass.) pissed and moaned that the officiating crew refused to call any type of penalty when Dante Hall touches the ball the last few years, it is now mandatory to throw a flag for (a) holding, (b) an illegal block in the back, (c) any other ticky tack penalty we can make up on the fly to negate the return.

Any officiating crew who does not adhere to this rule will be subject to verbal and physical threats, without retribution, from the opposing team's head coach. (Namely Mike Shannahan. Dante owns his ass.)

Frankie
10-22-2005, 03:23 PM
Apparently some of you missed the new rules that were instituted in the off season so here's a refresher.

Kick Returns

Page 137
Rule 96
subsection 15d

Because so many teams (Namely Denver. Dante owns their ass.) pissed and moaned that the officiating crew refused to call any type of penalty when Dante Hall touches the ball the last few years, it is now mandatory to throw a flag for (a) holding, (b) an illegal block in the back, (c) any other ticky tack penalty we can make up on the fly to negate the return.

Any officiating crew who does not adhere to this rule will be subject to verbal and physical threats, without retribution, from the opposing team's head coach. (Namely Mike Shannahan. Dante owns his ass.)

ROFL ROFL
With the Cheating Donks stealing two SuperBowls, they should be the least likely for the league to listen to. But then Tags did charge them a 3rd round draft choice. I guess that's enough punishment for cheating themselves to two SB trophies. Ya think?

Sully
10-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I just watched it again and I disagree. He does an underhand short toss. Not a bullet through intended to hurt or anything. I know he is not one of the favorite Chiefs right now on this bb. But I have to be fair.

Yeah, I don't think it's a penalty to curb guys hurting other players with the ball. I think it's a "showing up the other guy" sorta thing, just like if he spiked the ball at the other guy's feet.

Pants
10-22-2005, 05:12 PM

Bullshit. They never showed it. All you could see was that the ball was thrown in their general direction. The ref, himself, said that Wesley threw the ball OVER his head.

morphius
10-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Bullshit. They never showed it. All you could see was that the ball was thrown in their general direction. The ref, himself, said that Wesley threw the ball OVER his head.
It was a foul, I called it before they even threw the flag. It is illegal to toss the ball at someone after they tackle you and he tossed it right into the guys helmet, its taunting and will get called every time.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Hate to tell you this Metro but you're wrong. I'll make a gif of the infaction in just a bit.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Wesley gets BLASTED.

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/8958/wesleygetssmashed4mk.gif

Then he throws the ball into the opposing players helmet.

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/5637/wesleypenalty5ea.gif

This IS A penalty, Metro.

Frankie
10-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Hate to tell you this Metro but you're wrong. I'll make a gif of the infaction in just a bit.
It's not fair. The gif is high speed. It looks deliberate malicious and agressive that way. Can you slow it down to how it really was.

milkman
10-22-2005, 06:51 PM
As long as we're bitching here, does anyone have a gif(whatever the hell that is) of the Dolphin return TD.

I'm pretty sure in the highlights I watched last night that there was a flagrant block in the back by the Dolphins just as the returner caught the ball that didn't get called.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:52 PM
It's not fair. The gif is high speed. It looks deliberate malicious and agressive that way. Can you slow it down to how it really was.
ROFL Sure ...

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/5431/wesleypenaltyslow7rf.gif

Oh yeah ... it looks far more unintentional in slow-mo. ROFL

Claynus
10-22-2005, 06:52 PM
As long as we're bitching here, does anyone have a gif(whatever the hell that is) of the Dolphin return TD.

You mean the long return? Let me check.

Edit: Just realized that's obviously NOT in DRU's highlight package, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow when I have the whole game downloaded.

I do know Rich Scanlon screwed up at the beginning. :D

Skip Towne
10-22-2005, 07:02 PM
You mean the long return? Let me check.

Edit: Just realized that's obviously NOT in DRU's highlight package, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow when I have the whole game downloaded.

I do know Rich Scanlon screwed up at the beginning. :D
Rich Scanlon screwed up? CAN'T BE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pants
10-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Wesley gets BLASTED.

Then he throws the ball into the opposing players helmet.

This IS A penalty, Metro.

OK, I must have missed that. They cut-off the replay early and the ref celarly said he threw it OVER his head. That's why I said what I said. My bad tho.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-22-2005, 09:36 PM
ROFL ROFL
With the Cheating Donks stealing two SuperBowls, they should be the least likely for the league to listen to. But then Tags did charge them a 3rd round draft choice. I guess that's enough punishment for cheating themselves to two SB trophies. Ya think?

If you had someone sucking you off with the talent and ability of a Pat Bowlen, you'd do whatever you could to make them happy too.

Frankie
10-22-2005, 11:20 PM
If you had someone sucking you off with the talent and ability of a Pat Bowlen, you'd do whatever you could to make them happy too.
I'm seriously of the opinion that Tags needs to go. This league needs a fairer comissioner. I thought how he handled the Warfield punishment was very underhanded. Kept the Chiefs waiting for a decision until just before the start of the season. Very low class. Clearly he has something against the Chiefs.

greg63
10-22-2005, 11:35 PM

Kick Returns

Page 137
Rule 96
subsection 15d

ROFLROFLROFL You're right, those rules are clearly stated.

Sportswax
10-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Hate me then. I watched it at the stadium, then flew home in a state of bliss. Nothing like pinning Ricky Williams back to -1 yard while the Priest tramples 'em. Go Willie!!!! The Dolphins were just fishes out of water, and I didn't even have to pay for the tickets. Hell, even my girlfriend was standing on her chair for most of the game, and she hates football (or so the story goes).

greg63
10-22-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm just glad we won. I like 4-2 much better then 3-3.