PDA

View Full Version : Is it too early to call Lamont Jordan a FA bust?

Count Alex's Losses
10-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Oakland's running game ranks 31st in yards and 25th in yards per carry.

ROFL

DaWolf
10-22-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't know if he's a bust or if Oakland just hasn't committed to the run enough yet. I haven't really watched them too closely but it just seems to me like they're more concerned with getting the ball downfield and not sticking with the run long enough. Their playcalling has seemed very off whenever I've gotten to see them.

Which is odd because Norv Turner, according to all the "experts" out there, is supposed to be a brilliant offensive mind. It just seems like he sucks as a head coach. It's something that I'm afraid of seeing if we end up promoting Al Saunders to head honcho. Some guys are just better left coordinators...

SNR
10-22-2005, 07:02 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=123545&page=2

Calcountry
10-22-2005, 07:19 PM
All the promo's on the Sports radiou out here have a quote of Randy Moss going, "I'm committed to excellence and I just wanna win baby."

I think it is time for the PR department of that radio station to rethink that.

lmao.

Calcountry
10-22-2005, 07:20 PM
I don't know if he's a bust or if Oakland just hasn't committed to the run enough yet. I haven't really watched them too closely but it just seems to me like they're more concerned with getting the ball downfield and not sticking with the run long enough. Their playcalling has seemed very off whenever I've gotten to see them.

Which is odd because Norv Turner, according to all the "experts" out there, is supposed to be a brilliant offensive mind. It just seems like he sucks as a head coach. It's something that I'm afraid of seeing if we end up promoting Al Saunders to head honcho. Some guys are just better left coordinators...Gruden sucked as a head coach for Oakland. :hmmm: Perhaps its not the coach. Perhaps it is the corpse "Bernie" that they have propped up in the VIP box.

Count Alex's Losses
10-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Gruden sucked as a head coach for Oakland. .

Uh, I'll disagree. Big time. I was thrilled he got out of Oakland.

DaWolf
10-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Gruden sucked as a head coach for Oakland. :hmmm: Perhaps its not the coach. Perhaps it is the corpse "Bernie" that they have propped up in the VIP box.
He was there what, 5 years and turned Joe Bugel's Jeff George led 4-12 team into a 3 time AFC West champion and Super Bowl contender. I wouldn't say he sucked by any means...

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Perhaps its not the coach. Perhaps it is the corpse "Bernie" that they have propped up in the VIP box.
ROFL

SNR
10-22-2005, 07:39 PM
He was there what, 5 years and turned Joe Bugel's Jeff George led 4-12 team into a 3 time AFC West champion and Super Bowl contender. I wouldn't say he sucked by any means...Callahan leeched on his success for that 3rd year.

Halfcan
10-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Its never too early to call any Raider a bust. How about Moss, he has done shit and now he is hurt-what a big fat dopehead. Raiders are the worst team in the league and I can't wait until they come here for a beating.

Mecca
10-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Jordan is what he is, they overpaid for an average back. They're playcalling is also really piss poor and making all of their actually talented players look bad.

In a league that has the Houston Texans, the Raiders haven't claimed worst team in the league status yet.

milkman
10-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Jordan is what he is, they overpaid for an average back. They're playcalling is also really piss poor and making all of their actually talented players look bad.

In a league that has the Houston Texans, the Randy Moss and the Raiderz haven't claimed worst team in the league status yet.

So who calls the plays, Norv Turner or Jimmy Raye?

Their games that I've seen so far, sure have the smell of Raye on them.

Mecca
10-22-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Jimmy Raye.

Logical
10-23-2005, 06:43 PM
122 yards rushing 3 touchdowns 4 receptions and 40 yards. Not bust numbers.

I only hope the Chiefs do as well against the Bills as Oakland did today.

Pitt Gorilla
10-23-2005, 06:45 PM
122 yards rushing a touchdown 4 receptions and 40 yards. Not bust numbers.

I agree. I have him on my fantasy team (I know, yuk) and he performs very well.

milkman
10-23-2005, 06:47 PM

I don't know, but I heard a rumor that Buffalo's D has been something less than stellar this season.

Logical
10-23-2005, 06:50 PM
I don't know, but I heard a rumor that Buffalo's D has been something less than stellar this season.Kind of hot and cold, really awesome one game then like the Chiefs D the next.

Rausch
10-23-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't know, but I heard a rumor that Buffalo's D has been something less than stellar this season.

Green is foaming at the mouth, just waiting for the chance to lay out a few Bill defenders...

Count Alex's Losses
10-23-2005, 06:53 PM

Buffalo's run defense is abysmal.

Ugly Duck
10-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Vote for Lamont Jordan as ESPN's Sunday Stud. He's way out in front of all other players with 48% of the vote. 122 yards and 3 TDs. Vote here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

CupidStunt
10-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Our 3rd RB could do that against that trash defense.

Put Jordan up against a real D and he sucks azz.

Ugly Duck
10-24-2005, 08:30 AM
You guyz are such a minority on this subject. Here's the map of states that say Lamont Jordan is a stud instead of a bust:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nfl&pollId=33023

Ugly Duck
11-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Total Yards per game:

#2 L. Tomlinson, Sandy Eggo
#3 Lamont Jordan, Oakland
#25 Priest Holmes, Kansas City
#31 Mike Anderson, Denver

Total Yards from Scrimmage:

#5 Lamont Jordan, Oakland
#17 Mike Anderson, Denver
#23 Priest Holmes, Kansas City

Count Alex's Losses
11-01-2005, 12:24 AM
He's still only averaging 3.7 yards per carry.

With your passing attack that really sucks.

Ugly Duck
11-01-2005, 12:32 AM
He's still only averaging 3.7 yards per carry. With your passing attack that really sucks.Perhaps. But its still a stretch to call the guy thats #3 in the league in yards per game a "bust." Only Edge and LT have done better. That just is not a bust. Heck, Priest Holmes averages 3.8 yards per carry, and I don't hear you calling him a bust.

Jim Jones
11-01-2005, 12:36 AM
I think we have a guy up for the dubious FA bust honor on our own team (Kendrell Bell)

but yeah.. Jordan was definitely a bust, considering the hype.

Count Alex's Losses
11-01-2005, 12:37 AM
Perhaps. But its still a stretch to call the guy thats #3 in the league in yards per game a "bust." Only Edge and LT have done better. That just is not a bust. Heck, Priest Holmes averages 3.8 yards per carry, and I don't hear you calling him a bust.

You might want to back that train up. I never called anyone a bust. Read the thread title again.

HolmeZz
11-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Total Yards per game:

#3 Lamont Jordan, Oakland
#25 Priest Holmes, Kansas City
#31 Mike Anderson, Denver

Total Yards from Scrimmage:

#5 Lamont Jordan, Oakland
#17 Mike Anderson, Denver
#23 Priest Holmes, Kansas City

Yeah, it's not like Holmes or Anderson are splitting carries or anything.

Ugly Duck
11-01-2005, 01:12 AM
I never called anyone a bust. Read the thread title again.Now, now.... the title certainly implies that he's been a bust so far. This is the only place I've seen such a question. Its all good, though - this is a Chiefs board and yer s'posed to hate on Raiderz. You got Edge, LT, and then Lamont Jordan in total yards per game. That ain't a bust.

Count Alex's Losses
11-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Now, now.... the title certainly implies that he's been a bust so far. This is the only place I've seen such a question. Its all good, though - this is a Chiefs board and yer s'posed to hate on Raiderz. You got Edge, LT, and then Lamont Jordan in total yards per game. That ain't a bust.

Certainly not. At the TIME of the thread creation it was plausible.

Now that LT's had a couple of games against weak defenses to pad his stats, he looks much better. :p

Skip Towne
11-01-2005, 06:59 AM

Which is odd because Norv Turner, according to all the "experts" out there, is supposed to be a brilliant offensive mind. It just seems like he sucks as a head coach. It's something that I'm afraid of seeing if we end up promoting Al Saunders to head honcho. Some guys are just better left coordinators...
Yep. It's called the Peter Principle.

Seek
11-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Oakland's running game ranks 31st in yards and 25th in yards per carry.

ROFL

Define Bust. I was never under the impression that L. Jordan was supposed to be a high profile player that would save the Raiders.

He is what he is. A top tier Back up, who is a lower tier starter.