PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL WORLD SERIES THREAD

Pages : [1] 2

KChiefsQT
10-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Woot Woot- Go STROS

KChiefsQT
10-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Ohhh and Jason Lane... represent your hometown boy!!!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhh. :toast:

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Go Sox! Go Sox!

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Here's my take.

Chicago has more starting talent but their bullpen is their Achilles heel.

Houston has more heart and their bullpen can get the job done.

This thing has 7 games written all over it.

That being said, 'GO STROS!

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 05:54 PM
I hope it goes to game seven just for the excitement and heartache.

Also to bitch at the umpires bad calls.

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Very good broadcasting group for the network.

KChiefsQT
10-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Alright... here we go :clap: :rockon: :rockon:

KChiefsQT
10-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Dammmmn. One down.

KChiefsQT
10-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Two down.

KChiefsQT
10-22-2005, 06:11 PM
eeeeeeeek!! Off to Ale Works.....

Skip Towne
10-22-2005, 06:14 PM
You folks DO realize there is football on TV don't you?

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:16 PM
You folks DO realize there is football on TV don't you?
NFL Football?

JazzzLovr
10-22-2005, 06:20 PM
NFL Football?

Of course not. What do you think this is, a Friday night?

:p

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Former Royal Dye gets the homer!

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Of course not. What do you think this is, a Friday night?

ROFL

Oh and Happy Birthday JazzLovr. :)

Oh oh ... The Rocket just served up a rocket to Dye and he deposited it over the right field wall. 1-0 Sux.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:28 PM
BAM! LAMB! CENTER FIELD AND GONE! 1-1.

chefsos
10-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Home Run Derby, anyone? 1-1.

chefsos
10-22-2005, 06:33 PM
BAM! LAMB! CENTER FIELD AND GONE! 1-1.
Now "Black Betty" is in my head.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:39 PM
The Sux execute the hit and run to perfection. Runners at the corners, no one out.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Now "Black Betty" is in my head.
Whoa, Black Betty (Bam-ba-Lam)

Black Betty had a child (Bam-ba-Lam)
The damn thing gone wild (Bam-ba-Lam)
She said, "I'm worryin' outta mind" (Bam-ba-Lam)
The damn thing gone blind (Bam-ba-Lam)
I said Oh, Black Betty (Bam-ba-Lam)

Oh, Black Betty (Bam-ba-Lam)

She really gets me high (Bam-ba-Lam)
You know that's no lie (Bam-ba-Lam)
She's so rock steady (Bam-ba-Lam)
And she's always ready (Bam-ba-Lam)

She's from Birmingham (Bam-ba-Lam)
Way down in Alabam' (Bam-ba-Lam)
Well, she's shakin' that thing (Bam-ba-Lam)
Boy, she makes me sing (Bam-ba-Lam)
Whoa, Black Betty
BAM-BA-LAM

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:45 PM
2-1 Sux.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Ball hit in the gap. 3-1 Sux.

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Better then a pitchers duel.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Better then a pitchers duel.
Speaking as a former pitching coach, I like seeing a pitching duel. Sucks to see Clemmons getting beat up like this after the year he had. The 'Stros bullpen is already a bee hive of activity.

tk13
10-22-2005, 06:55 PM
It's amazing how well the Sox have played, they are doing all the little things so well...

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:56 PM
It's amazing how well the Sox have played, they are doing all the little things so well...
Execution, execution, execution.

'Stros start the inning with a base hit.

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Hey 4th and Long. Just asking what you think on the on going debate on the designated batter.

I would rather have them, as it makes the game more exciting, besides, the pitcher is almost always an automatic out. It ruins (usually) rallys going.
And, if you want your pitcher to bat then use them anyway.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey 4th and Long. Just asking what you think on the on going debate on the designated batter.

I would rather have them, as it makes the game more exciting, besides, the pitcherer is almost always an automatic out. It ruins (usually) rallys going.
And, if you want your pitcher to bat then use them anyway.
Growing up in an AL enviorment, I'm biased for one reason. Geroge Brett. The guy's career would have ended long before it did had there been no DH rule. Now that George is gone, I can honestly say, I can live without the rule.

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Growing up in an AL enviorment, I'm biased for one reason. Geroge Brett. The guy's career would have ended long before it did had there been no DH rule. Now that George is gone, I can honestly say, I can live without the rule.

Good enough. Im biased to A.L. rules.
Besides, it seems to make more sense.

Thanks for the answer.

Houston threating............

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Berkman slaps a 2 run double into the right field corner. Game tied at 3.

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 07:08 PM
One thing i cannot understand about baseball is the dimensions of the field change from ballpark to ballpark.

I mean what if football had the widths of the field change from stadium to stadium?

I don't understand why it can't be uniform.

tk13
10-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Well the Astros pen is gonna have to carry a load now... not the ideal situation in Game 1 but they've got the starters to make up for it I guess.

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey tk13, i know you are big into baseball therefore i heed your commentary.

What do you think of the baseball dimension i posed in the early comment i made?

For or against?

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:20 PM
One thing i cannot understand about baseball is the dimensions of the field change from ballpark to ballpark.

I mean what if football had the widths of the field change from stadium to stadium?

Although Major League Baseball specifies precise dimensions for a ballpark's infield, it stipulates only minimum distances (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/official_info/official_rules/objectives_1.jsp) for the outfield. Ever since Alexander Cartwright (http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/hofer_bios/cartwright_alexander.htm) set down the first rules of baseball in 1845, there have been few requirements for the dimensions of the field.

Cartwright's 20 rules of baseball (http://open-site.org/Sports/Baseball/History/Rules/1845_Original_Rules_of_Baseball/) for the New York Knickerbockers laid out the field in a diamond, set the distance from home to second base and from third to first base at 42 paces, and defined fair and foul territory. Most likely, the shape of the infield and foul territory were dictated by the dimensions of Madison Square, where the Knickerbockers played.

The land available continued to play a part in the size and orientation of many ballparks. Fenway Park (http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/american/fenway.htm), that venerated shrine of baseball, was built to conform to the surrounding streets near Boston's Kenmore Square. San Francisco's SBC Park (formerly Pac Bell Park) has an almost non-existent foul territory, a concession to the small plot of land on which it was built.

Managers and owners have exploited the flexibility in field size, sometimes to their advantage (http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/excerpts/spitters2.stm) -- and sometimes not (http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/past/BravesField.htm). But to many fans, the quirky dimensions of its parks add to the charm, charisma, and character of baseball.

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Yeah 4th, i sorta knew the brief, (but lame) history of the dimension change.

But why doesn't that effect football fields?
I thought that was a sad excuse for not haveing the same fields for all ballparks.

Mr. Kotter
10-22-2005, 07:27 PM

I used to be a big baseball fan; long story made short....the strikes, the dominance of the "super" teams, the lack of a salary cap, and LOOOOOONNNNGGG games together ruined my interest. I wish they'd fix the game....I might come back.

Anyway, as to your question the unique characteristics of each park are one of the things that makes the game interesting to me. Each team can be "built" to take advantage of it's park. In the late 70s and 80s the dimensions and turf at Royals Stadium were ideally suited for line-drive hitters, and speed on the bases and for "D." Some grounds crews have been known to let the grass grow high, if they have pitchers who get a lot of ground balls. A short left field fence? You ought to value Right handed power hitters. A canyon in Center? Your center fielder better have wheels. It all creates a "home field" advantage that USE to very significant. The disparity in payrolls though has diminished that somewhat. I consider it one of the interesting and intriguing aspects of the game.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Yeah 4th, i sorta knew the brief, (but lame) history of the dimension change.

But why doesn't that effect football fields?
I thought that was a sad excuse for not haveing the same fields for all ballparks.
NFL fields have specific dimensions bud.

NFL Football Field Dimensions

The regulation NFL football field is 120 yards long (360 feet or @110 meters) and 160 feet wide (@49 meters or 53 yards & 1 foot).

END LINE - The back of the end zone is indicated by a six foot wide white out-of-bounds line.

HASHMARKS - set one yard apart between each yardline. There are two sets - a middle set (about 70 feet from the sideline) and an outer set about a foot from the sideline.

FIELD NUMBERS - an NFL field is numbered every 10 yards, usually with an arrow pointing to the nearest endzone.

SIDELINES - a six-foot wide white line that runs the length of the field is an out-of-bounds line.

END ZONE - each end zone is ten yards deep.

GOAL LINE - A white stripe 8 inches wide (twice as wide as a yardline), that is the beginning of the End Zone.

RESTRAINING LINE - a six foot wide border outside of the out-of-bounds area that marks the closest a non-player may come to the playing field.

TEAM BENCHES - Team benches are placed at the border of the restraining line and between the two 30 yard lines.

tk13
10-22-2005, 07:30 PM
The key dimensions are still the same for baseball... 90 feet between the bases and 60'6" from the pitchers mound to home. If everything else was equal, I'd think that'd get boring after a while...

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 07:33 PM
I used to be a big baseball fan; long story made short....the strikes, the dominance of the "super" teams, the lack of a salary cap, and LOOOOOONNNNGGG games together ruined my interest. I wish they'd fix the game....I might come back.

Anyway, as to your question the unique characteristics of each park are one of the things that makes the game interesting to me. Each team can be "built" to take advantage of it's park. In the late 70s and 80s the dimensions and turf at Royals Stadium were ideally suited for line-drive hitters, and speed on the bases and for "D." Some grounds crews have been known to let the grass grow high, if they have pitchers who get a lot of ground balls. A short left field fence? You ought to value Right handed power hitters. A canyon in Center? Your center fielder better have wheels. It all creates a "home field" advantage that USE to very significant. The disparity in payrolls though has diminished that somewhat. I consider it one of the interesting and intriguing aspects of the game.

The main thing i have against baseball Kotter that you mentioned, are the diverse salary caps the teams have. Its a joke.
Power teams verses major league farm clubs.

I watch the playoffs mainly because its kind of fun to watch.
But i usual never watch it through the year. The sport wore out its welcome many years ago for me.

Fairplay
10-22-2005, 07:34 PM
The key dimensions are still the same for baseball... 90 feet between the bases and 60'6" from the pitchers mound to home. If everything else was equal, I'd think that'd get boring after a while...

I know what you are saying, but couldn't you make the same arguement for football fields?

tk13
10-22-2005, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't question that there is a problem with baseball's economic system, but as much as people complain about it, we're going to have our 6th different World Series champ this decade after this series, and in that time the NFL has only had 3 different champions. It is funny how that works.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Sux homer again. 4-3.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:43 PM
The 'Stros go quietly in the 5th.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Lead off walk to Dye to start the bottom of the Sux 5th.

milkman
10-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Anybody else think they need to stop these stupid ****in' interveiws while the ****ing game is being played?

That is just some stupid shit.

That interview with the 'Stros pitching coach is going on earlier and Crede hits the homer.

Just shut the **** up and focus on the game! :cuss:

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Sux single. 2 on, no outs.

Mr. Kotter
10-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't question that there is a problem with baseball's economic system, but as much as people complain about it, we're going to have our 6th different World Series champ this decade after this series, and in that time the NFL has only had 3 different champions. It is funny how that works.

You are right. Six different champions, yes.

The rub for me is the Yanks, Red Sox, Braves and other "big" market teams have the resources to be CONSISTENTLY COMPETITIVE....based mainly on their economic resources.

Yes, small market teams get lucky with good young players, or great pitching, or great coaching, or a fabulously "lucky" year....but can't compete consistently over time.

If salary caps have made the NFL and NBA stronger (as, arguably, they have), baseball needs to see the light IMHO.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Anybody else think they need to stop these stupid ****in' interveiws while the ****ing game is being played?

That is just some stupid shit.

That interview with the 'Stros pitching coach is going on earlier and Crede hits the homer.

Just shut the **** up and focus on the game! :cuss:
I've never been a fan of the in-game interviews. :shake:

Mr. Kotter
The main thing i have against baseball Kotter that you mentioned, are the diverse salary caps the teams have. Its a joke.
Power teams verses major league farm clubs.

I watch the playoffs mainly because its kind of fun to watch.
But i usual never watch it through the year. The sport wore out its welcome many years ago for me.

I agree on both counts.

4th and Long
Sux bunt to advance the runners to 2nd and 3rd. 1 out.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Houston intentionally loads the bases.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Double play ball. Inning over. No damage done.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:58 PM
'Stros start the 6th with a double.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Runner advances to third on a ball hit to first. 1 out.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Infield in for the play at the plate on a ground ball. Hard ground ball to third. Runner has to hold. 2 out.

VonneMarie
10-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Quit padding your post count. :p

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Lamb grounds out to second. 4-3 Sux going into the bottom of the 6th.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Here's a game recap thus far for anyone interested.

Top 1ST B:3 S:2 O:1
Craig Biggio grounds out softly, third baseman Joe Crede to first baseman Paul Konerko.

Top 1ST B:1 S:2 O:2
Willy Taveras pops out softly to shortstop Juan Uribe.

Top 1ST B:2 S:3 O:3
Lance Berkman called out on strikes.

--------------------------- MIDDLE 1ST

Bottom 1ST B:2 S:2 O:1
Scott Podsednik grounds out, shortstop Adam Everett to first baseman Mike Lamb.

Bottom 1ST B:2 S:1 O:2
Tadahito Iguchi grounds out, third baseman Morgan Ensberg to first baseman Mike Lamb.

Bottom 1ST B:3 S:2 O:2
Jermaine Dye homers (1) on a fly ball to right field.

Top 2ND B:0 S:0 O:1
Morgan Ensberg flies out to right fielder Jermaine Dye.

Top 2ND B:1 S:0 O:1
Mike Lamb homers (1) on a fly ball to center field.

Top 2ND B:0 S:2 O:1
Jeff Bagwell hit by pitch.

Top 2ND B:1 S:1 O:3
Jason Lane grounds into double play, shortstop Juan Uribe to second baseman Tadahito Iguchi to first baseman Paul Konerko. Jeff Bagwell out at 2nd.

--------------------------- MIDDLE 2ND

Bottom 2ND B:1 S:1 O:0
Carl Everett singles on a line drive to center fielder Willy Taveras.

Bottom 2ND B:2 S:1 O:0
Aaron Rowand singles on a ground ball to right fielder Jason Lane. Carl Everett to 3rd.

Bottom 2ND B:2 S:1 O:1
A. J. Pierzynski grounds into a force out, first baseman Mike Lamb to shortstop Adam Everett. Carl Everett scores. Aaron Rowand out at 2nd. Pierzynski to 1st.

Bottom 2ND B:1 S:2 O:2
Joe Crede grounds out softly, third baseman Morgan Ensberg to first baseman Mike Lamb. A. Pierzynski to 2nd.

Bottom 2ND B:0 S:1 O:2
Juan Uribe doubles (1) on a line drive to center fielder Willy Taveras. A. Pierzynski scores.

Bottom 2ND B:3 S:3 O:3

Top 3RD B:0 S:1 O:0
Brad Ausmus singles on a line drive to right fielder Jermaine Dye.

Top 3RD B:0 S:2 O:1
Adam Everett grounds into a force out, pitcher Jose Contreras to shortstop Juan Uribe. Brad Ausmus out at 2nd. Adam Everett to 1st.

Top 3RD B:1 S:2 O:1
Craig Biggio singles on a line drive to center fielder Aaron Rowand. Adam Everett to 2nd.

Top 3RD B:0 S:1 O:2
Willy Taveras out on a sacrifice bunt, pitcher Jose Contreras to first baseman Paul Konerko. Adam Everett to 3rd. Craig Biggio to 2nd.

Top 3RD B:0 S:0 O:2
Lance Berkman doubles (1) on a line drive to right fielder Jermaine Dye. Adam Everett scores. Craig Biggio scores.

Top 3RD B:3 S:1 O:3
Morgan Ensberg grounds out, shortstop Juan Uribe to first baseman Paul Konerko.

--------------------------- MIDDLE 3RD

Bottom 3RD B:0 S:0 O:0
Pitcher Change: Wandy Rodriguez replaces Roger Clemens.

Houston Astros pitcher Roger Clemens left the game due to an injured leg.

Bottom 3RD B:0 S:1 O:1
Tadahito Iguchi grounds out softly, second baseman Craig Biggio to first baseman Mike Lamb.

Bottom 3RD B:4 S:1 O:1
Jermaine Dye walks.

Bottom 3RD B:2 S:2 O:1
Paul Konerko singles on a line drive to right fielder Jason Lane. Jermaine Dye to 2nd.

Bottom 3RD B:1 S:3 O:2
Carl Everett strikes out swinging.

Bottom 3RD B:0 S:1 O:3
Aaron Rowand grounds into a force out, third baseman Morgan Ensberg to second baseman Craig Biggio. Paul Konerko out at 2nd.

Top 4TH B:1 S:3 O:1
Mike Lamb strikes out swinging.

Top 4TH B:3 S:2 O:2
Jeff Bagwell flies out to left fielder Scott Podsednik.

Top 4TH B:1 S:1 O:3
Jason Lane flies out to right fielder Jermaine Dye.

--------------------------- MIDDLE 4TH

Bottom 4TH B:1 S:1 O:1
A. J. Pierzynski grounds out, first baseman Mike Lamb to pitcher Wandy Rodriguez.

Bottom 4TH B:0 S:2 O:1
Joe Crede homers (1) on a fly ball to left center field.

Bottom 4TH B:4 S:2 O:1
Juan Uribe walks.

Bottom 4TH B:2 S:1 O:1
Scott Podsednik singles on a ground ball to center fielder Willy Taveras. Juan Uribe to 2nd.

Bottom 4TH B:0 S:1 O:3
Tadahito Iguchi grounds into double play, second baseman Craig Biggio to shortstop Adam Everett to first baseman

Top 5TH B:0 S:0 O:1
Brad Ausmus flies out to right fielder Jermaine Dye.

Top 5TH B:0 S:1 O:2
Adam Everett grounds out, third baseman Joe Crede to first baseman Paul Konerko.

Top 5TH B:2 S:1 O:3
Craig Biggio grounds out softly, third baseman Joe Crede to first baseman Paul Konerko.

--------------------------- MIDDLE 5TH

Bottom 5TH B:4 S:0 O:0
Jermaine Dye walks.

Bottom 5TH B:3 S:1 O:0
Paul Konerko singles on a line drive to center fielder Willy Taveras. Jermaine Dye to 2nd.

Bottom 5TH B:0 S:0 O:1
Carl Everett out on a sacrifice bunt, third baseman Morgan Ensberg to first baseman Mike Lamb. Jermaine Dye to 3rd. Paul Konerko to 2nd.

Bottom 5TH B:4 S:0 O:1
Wandy Rodriguez intentionally walks Aaron Rowand.

Bottom 5TH B:2 S:2 O:3
A. J. Pierzynski grounds into double play, first baseman Mike Lamb to shortstop Adam Everett to pitcher Wandy

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Quit padding your post count. :p
No! :p I have to catch you SOMEHOW! :D

VonneMarie
10-22-2005, 08:13 PM
No! :p I have to catch you SOMEHOW! :D
You will... in the next 30 seconds.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Qualls in to pitch.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Ground ball out. Lead runner cut down. 2 out.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Posednick running and the ball gets by Ausmus. Runner on second.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Iguchi whiffs. End of 6. 4-3 Sux.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:20 PM

Tadahito Iguchi grounds out, third baseman Morgan Ensberg to first baseman Mike Lamb.

Jason Lane grounds into double play, shortstop Juan Uribe to second baseman Tadahito Iguchi to first baseman Paul Konerko. Jeff Bagwell out at 2nd.

Aaron Rowand singles on a ground ball to right fielder Jason Lane. Carl Everett to 3rd.

A. J. Pierzynski grounds into a force out, first baseman Mike Lamb to shortstop Adam Everett. Carl Everett scores. Aaron Rowand out at 2nd. Pierzynski to 1st.

Joe Crede grounds out softly, third baseman Morgan Ensberg to first baseman Mike Lamb. A. Pierzynski to 2nd.

Juan Uribe doubles (1) on a line drive to center fielder Willy Taveras. A. Pierzynski scores.

Adam Everett grounds into a force out, pitcher Jose Contreras to shortstop Juan Uribe. Brad Ausmus out at 2nd. Adam Everett to 1st.

Craig Biggio singles on a line drive to center fielder Aaron Rowand. Adam Everett to 2nd.

Willy Taveras out on a sacrifice bunt, pitcher Jose Contreras to first baseman Paul Konerko. Adam Everett to 3rd. Craig Biggio to 2nd.

Lance Berkman doubles (1) on a line drive to right fielder Jermaine Dye. Adam Everett scores. Craig Biggio scores.

Tadahito Iguchi grounds out softly, second baseman Craig Biggio to first baseman Mike Lamb.

Jermaine Dye walks.

Paul Konerko singles on a line drive to right fielder Jason Lane. Jermaine Dye to 2nd.

Aaron Rowand grounds into a force out, third baseman Morgan Ensberg to second baseman Craig Biggio. Paul Konerko out at 2nd.

A. J. Pierzynski grounds out, first baseman Mike Lamb to pitcher Wandy Rodriguez.

Juan Uribe walks.

Scott Podsednik singles on a ground ball to center fielder Willy Taveras. Juan Uribe to 2nd.

Tadahito Iguchi grounds into double play, second baseman Craig Biggio to shortstop Adam Everett to first baseman

Adam Everett grounds out, third baseman Joe Crede to first baseman Paul Konerko.

Jermaine Dye walks.

Paul Konerko singles on a line drive to center fielder Willy Taveras. Jermaine Dye to 2nd.

Carl Everett out on a sacrifice bunt, third baseman Morgan Ensberg to first baseman Mike Lamb. Jermaine Dye to 3rd. Paul Konerko to 2nd.

A. J. Pierzynski grounds into double play, first baseman Mike Lamb to shortstop Adam Everett to pitcher Wandy

Top 6TH B:0 S:0 O:0
Willy Taveras doubles (1) on a line drive to left fielder Scott Podsednik.

Top 6TH B:1 S:0 O:1
Lance Berkman grounds out to first baseman Paul Konerko. Willy Taveras to 3rd.

Top 6TH B:1 S:0 O:2
Morgan Ensberg grounds out, third baseman Joe Crede to first baseman Paul Konerko.

Top 6TH B:2 S:1 O:3
Mike Lamb grounds out, second baseman Tadahito Iguchi to first baseman Paul Konerko.

--------------------------- MIDDLE 6TH

Bottom 6TH B:2 S:2 O:1
Joe Crede pops out to second baseman Craig Biggio.

Bottom 6TH B:4 S:2 O:1
Juan Uribe walks.

Bottom 6TH B:0 S:0 O:1
Pitcher Change: Chad Qualls replaces Wandy Rodriguez.

Bottom 6TH B:2 S:0 O:2
Scott Podsednik grounds into a force out, second baseman Craig Biggio to shortstop Adam Everett. Juan Uribe out at 2nd. Scott Podsednik to 1st.

With Tadahito Iguchi batting, Scott Podsednik steals (1) 2nd base.

Bottom 6TH B:2 S:3 O:3
Tadahito Iguchi strikes out swinging.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Bagwell gets plunked to start the 7th.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Ausmus prompty gets plunked as well. 2 on. No one out. Atros with the ralley caps on.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Everett hits one to short. Ausmus out at 2nd. Everett safe at first. Runners at the corners, 1 out.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Biggio grounds out to 3rd to end the inning. Still 4-3 Sux.

Frazod
10-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Crede RULES. Asstros choke away another scoring opportunity. PBJ

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:26 PM

Jermaine Dye walks.

Juan Uribe walks.

Jermaine Dye walks.

Morgan Ensberg grounds out, third baseman Joe Crede to first baseman Paul Konerko.

Mike Lamb grounds out, second baseman Tadahito Iguchi to first baseman Paul Konerko.

Juan Uribe walks.

Scott Podsednik grounds into a force out, second baseman Craig Biggio to shortstop Adam Everett. Juan Uribe out at 2nd. Scott Podsednik to 1st.

Top 7TH B:0 S:1 O:0

Top 7TH B:0 S:0 O:1
Jason Lane pops out to first baseman Paul Konerko in foul territory.

Brad Ausmus hit by pitch. Jeff Bagwell to 2nd.

Top 7TH B:0 S:1 O:2
Adam Everett grounds into a force out, shortstop Juan Uribe to second baseman Tadahito Iguchi. Jeff Bagwell to 3rd. Brad Ausmus out at 2nd. Adam Everett to 1st.

Top 7TH B:0 S:0 O:3
Craig Biggio grounds out, third baseman Joe Crede to first baseman Paul Konerko.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:27 PM
I have no idea who that was that just attempted "God Bless America" but my ears are bleeding. :spock:

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Crede RULES. Asstros choke away another scoring opportunity. PBJ
HEY! If I want your opinion, I'll BEAT IT OUT OF YOU! :p

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Everett throws an easy out into the ground at Lambs feet. Dye safe at first.

Frazod
10-22-2005, 08:31 PM
HEY! If I want your opinion, I'll BEAT IT OUT OF YOU! :p

You couldn't even beat up a photoshop character of me. nlm

Frazod
10-22-2005, 08:34 PM
HA! What kind of moron does it take to blow a run down? I've never seen that before. ROFL

tk13
10-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Only because that many pixels would cause the computer to shut down.

Skip Towne
10-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Fraz has a point. Since you are only 5'6" shouldn't your name be 4th and Short?

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:37 PM
THAT'S A LIE! JUST ASK ENDELT!
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/2954/deltdown8ps.jpg

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:38 PM
HA! What kind of moron does it take to blow a run down? I've never seen that before. ROFL
What? How many runs did the Sux score that inning?

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Fraz has a point. Since you are only 5'6" shouldn't your name be 4th and Short?
Shaddup you curmudgeon or I'll bite your kneecap.

tk13
10-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Well that's an odd site, who's that guy walking out to the mound for the Sox...

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:42 PM

Jermaine Dye walks.

Juan Uribe walks.

Jermaine Dye walks.

Juan Uribe walks.

Adam Everett grounds into a force out, shortstop Juan Uribe to second baseman Tadahito Iguchi. Jeff Bagwell to 3rd. Brad Ausmus out at 2nd. Adam Everett to 1st.

Craig Biggio grounds out, third baseman Joe Crede to first baseman Paul Konerko.

--------------------------- MIDDLE 7TH

Bottom 7TH B:3 S:1 O:0
Jermaine Dye reaches on throwing error by shortstop Adam Everett.

Bottom 7TH B:1 S:2 O:1
Paul Konerko flies out to right fielder Jason Lane.

Bottom 7TH B:0 S:1 O:2
Carl Everett flies out to left fielder Lance Berkman.

Bottom 7TH B:0 S:3 O:3
Aaron Rowand strikes out swinging.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Well that's an odd site, who's that guy walking out to the mound for the Sox...
Gee ... I dunno ...

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Willy Taveras doubles. Cotts on to pitch to Berkman.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Berkman slaps one to left. Taveras holds at 3rd. Runners at the corners. Nobody out.

Frazod
10-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Chewbacca gets another hit. At least it wasn't a home run.

God I hate that guy. :cuss:

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Ensberg whiffs. Lamb to the plate. COME ON MIKE!

Frazod
10-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Ensberg whiffs. Lamb to the plate. COME ON MIKE!

Yes, an inning-ending DP would be nice about now.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Chewbacca gets another hit. At least it wasn't a home run.

God I hate that guy. :cuss:
Dont be jealous. We all know Chewy is getting more than you are.
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/6154/chewiegropeslea7am.jpg

:D

DAMNIT! LAMB WHIFFS TOO!

Frazod
10-22-2005, 08:52 PM
Dont be jealous. We all know Chewy is getting more than you are.
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/6154/chewiegropeslea7am.jpg

DAMNIT! LAMB WHIFFS TOO!

OMG ROFL

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:53 PM
How many guys you got left in the bullpen fraz? Seems to me changing pitchers every other batter in the 8th inning may not pan out in the long run. :p

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Jenks on to pitch. Choke you bastard.

Frazod
10-22-2005, 08:55 PM
How many guys you got left in the bullpen fraz? Seems to me changing pitchers every other batter in the 8th inning may not pan out in the long run. :p

They'll probably stick with Jenks. He's the guy.

tk13
10-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Man this guy throws gas.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Burke to second on the pitch.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Man this guy throws gas.
100mph.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Bags is fighting for his life up there.

tk13
100mph.
Yeah he hit 102 on the gun in a game in Seattle a month or two ago...

4th and Long
Bagwell goes down in flames.

Frazod
EAT IT FAGWELL 4321

tk13
10-22-2005, 08:58 PM
No chance. You'd need to stick a tree trunk out there to make contact with that thing.

Skip Towne
10-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Baylor and Oklahoma going to overtime on Fox Sports Network.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 09:01 PM
No chance. You'd need to stick a tree trunk out there to make contact with that thing.
They used to say that about former Astros pitcher Billy Wagoner too but I remember him getting taken down town during The All Star game a few years back. No one is unhitable.

Frazod
10-22-2005, 09:01 PM
A.J. leads off with a single.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Pierzynski single to right.

Rudy lost the toss
10-22-2005, 09:04 PM
I would have never expected Ensberg to choke in that situation :rolleyes: :cuss:...What a choke artist.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Crede with the height but not the distance. 1 out.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Uribe flies out to shallow left. 2 down.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 09:08 PM
A. J. basically walks down to second. WTF?

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Pussednik drills one to the wall. AJ scores. Way to hold that runner.

Frazod
10-22-2005, 09:10 PM
A. J. basically walks down to second. WTF?
A. J. basically walks in to score. WTF?

Frazod
10-22-2005, 09:12 PM
I think the bleeding will stop here. Iguchi is the Japanese Jim Edmonds. :grr:

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 09:12 PM
A. J. basically walks in to score WTF?

Not if Springer had been checking him. I hang that one on him. Sloppy.

Frazod
10-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Not if Springer had been checking him. I hang that one on him. Sloppy.

Works for me! :thumb:

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Nice catch Dye!!!!!! :p

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Lane whiffs.

Frazod
10-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Nice catch Dye!!!!!! :p

Doesn't matter, though. WHIFF

Frazod
10-22-2005, 09:18 PM
One more out.

4th and Long
Ausmus grounds out.

Frazod
OVER.

Asstros down in flames in Game 1. I LIKE IT! :D

4th and Long
Everett Whiffs. game over.

SoCalBronco
10-22-2005, 09:29 PM
He gone.

chefsos
10-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Hey, why not one thread for the whole series?

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Do anyone else think it's kinda odd seeing these guys play in cold raining 40 degree weather for 3 hours?

What are they gonna do when the teams can't play because they have Pneumonia?

tk13
10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
That was a mistake.

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Punk ass Kornerko hit a GS. 6-4 Sux. :banghead:

HolmeZz
10-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Sawx make the 'Stros pay after the ump blew that call with Dye. Definitely hit the bat.

Frazod
10-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Punk ass Kornerko hit a GS. 6-4 Sux. :banghead:

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

SoCalBronco
10-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Hopefully we can get the final six outs here with no damage.

GO SOX!

You can put it on the board, YESSSSSSSSSS!!!

tk13
10-23-2005, 08:57 PM
The Sox have been playing lights out baseball... but they've also gotten every single close call. It's amazing really.

SoCalBronco
10-23-2005, 08:58 PM
It didnt hit him but I dont think it hit the barrel of the bat either, it was just high. Which means its a walk either way.

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 08:59 PM
YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Will they get Pneumonia? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Frazod
10-23-2005, 09:01 PM

Probably the Houson guys. The Chicago guys will be used to it. :p

HolmeZz
10-23-2005, 09:02 PM

You're such a woman. Cut it with the motherly instincts. There's no crying in baseball. :cuss:

tk13
It didnt hit him but I dont think it hit the barrel of the bat either, it was just high. Which means its a walk either way.
Then what the heck did it hit? The ball went straight down. That ball clearly hit the bat.

Frazod

Agreed. It was definitely ball 4.

HolmeZz
10-23-2005, 09:03 PM
It definitely hit the bat. No question.

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Probably the Houson guys. The Chicago guys will be used to it. :p
Then the Sux will get the flu. :)

You're such a woman. Cut it with the motherly instincts. There's no crying in baseball. :cuss:
I can't help it. I think it's odd to have them playing in cold rain for 3 hours. :shrug:

tk13
10-23-2005, 09:06 PM
You people are turning into Homer Hawk Harrelson. I think I'm going to throw up.

HolmeZz
10-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I've played a bunch of baseball games in bitter cold weather. It's about as comfortable as GoChiefs on a date.

SoCalBronco
Then what the heck did it hit? The ball went straight down. That ball clearly hit the bat.

If that was the case, we would have seen it. Joe Buck remarked that because it seemed to turn, it must have hit the thing but we didnt see that on the angle. I dont know why it went down but from no angle did it show it hitting the barrel of the bat.

Frazod
Three outs to a 2-0 series lead, and a great conclusion to a nearly perfect sports weekend! :thumb:

Frazod
Yeah, I've played a bunch of baseball games in bitter cold weather. It's about as comfortable as GoChiefs on a date.

ROFL

SoCalBronco
10-23-2005, 09:08 PM
It's about as comfortable as GoChiefs on a date.

MAJOR REP!!!!

tk13
10-23-2005, 09:09 PM
If that was the case, we would have seen it. Joe Buck remarked that because it seemed to turn, it must have hit the thing but we didnt see that on the angle. I dont know why it went down but from no angle did it show it hitting the barrel of the bat.
Looked to me both angles showed the ball coming off the bat. Either way you're actually suggesting that the ball changed direction in mid-air without any physical assistance, Newman.

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 09:10 PM
ROFL

Frazod
Shit. Fagwell with the leadoff single.

SoCalBronco
Ive already suffered through one blown game, SHUT THEM THE **** DOWN BOBBY!

SoCalBronco
10-23-2005, 09:11 PM
He gone.

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Hit it out the PARK!!!

Frazod
10-23-2005, 09:12 PM
One down.

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 09:13 PM
He walked. :D

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Double play is in order here. Let's close this series out 4-0. It's only fair to us baseball haters

SoCalBronco
10-23-2005, 09:15 PM
crap, 2nd and 3rd. A base hit could tie it.

Son of a GoChiefs. Get him out!!!

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Base hit here this game is tied. :)

Frazod
10-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Blow him away, Bobby!

HolmeZz
Double play is in order here. Let's close this series out 4-0. It's only fair to us baseball haters

:skip:

Frazod
F#CK! :cuss:

VonneMarie
YEEEEEEEES!

SoCalBronco
10-23-2005, 09:17 PM
This sucks. Twice in the same day.

tk13
Beautiful slide.... fitting. The Astros didn't deserve to go down that way.

HolmeZz
Tie game.

VonneMarie
He beat that by a foot. :clap:

Frazod
Good call, too. Damn, that was close. :banghead:

God I f#cking hate Houston.

:cuss:

SoCalBronco
10-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Why did I even wake up today?

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 09:19 PM
This weekend couldn't get any better. :D

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Mark Girlie is such an @ssmuncher.

Frazod
10-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Why did I even wake up today?

Have a little faith. The Sox are much better than the Broncos. :D

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Bottom 9th...

Frazod
10-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Top of the order coming up for the Sox.

SoCalBronco
Have a little faith. The Sox are much better than the Broncos. :D

I swear, if they blow this after the Broncos did, I am going to trash the TV. I am this close to ****ing trashing it. Im just going to throw something hard right at it. I am sick of this shit.

KChiefsQT
That was awesome... now hold em 'Stros. HOLD EMMMM... IF THEY DO and come out with a W... what a perfect Sports Day for Kara

1. Broncos lose
2. Chargers lose
3. Chiefs win
4. Stros Win

KChiefsQT
10-23-2005, 09:23 PM
I swear, if they blow this after the Broncos did, I am going to trash the TV. I am this close to ****ing trashing it. Im just going to throw something hard right at it. I am sick of this shit.

you should. trash it trash it. Philly's gonna do it again for us next week, you don't wanna see it... trust me!!!!!

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 09:25 PM
He gone...

Frazod
10-23-2005, 09:27 PM
EAT A DICK LIDGE PBJ

VonneMarie
****ing a!

SoCalBronco
ok I can keep the TV.

:)

Thank God something good happened today.
Congrats Frazod.

HolmeZz
SCOTTY POD LEAVES THE BUILDING.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YEEEEEEEEEESSSS.

Frazod
10-23-2005, 09:28 PM
ok I can keep the TV.

:)

Thank God something good happened today.
Congrats Frazod.

:toast:

VonneMarie
Posedshit hit that loooooong.

SoCalBronco
YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YESSSS!!!!

Frazod
10-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Beautiful slide.... fitting. The Astros didn't deserve to go down that way.

Yeah, I like this way much better. :evil:

VonneMarie
10-23-2005, 09:30 PM
YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YESSSS!!!!
Shaduuup. :harumph:

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Woo Hoo the Sox are up 2-0. Let's hope they win the next two to spare us of any more of this shit.

HolmeZz
10-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Woo Hoo the Sox are up 2-0. Let's hope they win the next two to spare us of any more of this shit.

You know you don't HAVE to watch.

PatsWin2002
10-23-2005, 09:47 PM
As if you needed any more signs that this is the White Sox year.....wow.

Frazod
10-23-2005, 10:00 PM
According to the local news - Podsednik apparently has a new nickname - PODZILLA. :D

KcMizzou
10-23-2005, 10:03 PM
According to the local news - Podsednik apparently has a new nickname - PODZILLA. :DSounds like some sort of Apple/Mac audio device.

tk13
10-25-2005, 03:12 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2005/10/24/a_break_from_fox/

A 'Break' from Fox
By Eric Wilbur, Boston.com Staff | October 24, 2005

Miss last night's stunning win by the White Sox? No worries. Today we're providing a transcript of all the action, courtesy of your friends at Fox.

Joe Buck: Good evening everybody and welcome to Game 2 of the 2005 World Series. Tim McCarver in a moment. Lou Piniella opted out of calling these games with us to tend concerns for his Florida home, thanks to Hurricane Wilma. Or that's the story we told you. The honest truth is, we've replaced him with this pet rock whose contract we purchased on eBay. But we expect the same level of analysis as Lou delivered, which admittedly wasn't much. And now, we welcome Tim McCarver.

McCarver: Joe, could you call me "Timmy" like Lou did? It makes me feel special.

Buck: Yeah, sure. But before we get to you, just wanted to point out that the entire wacky cast of "That 70's Show" is sitting directly behind the dugout. Ironically enough we had this promo ready telling you that you can catch the 70's kids Tuesday nights, right here on Fox. Now, Tim what have you got for us?

McCarver: I used to be a catcher.

Buck: Yes you did, Timmy. Before we go to commercial, isn't that Stacey Keach sitting in the Fox private suite along the first base line? In case you hadn't heard one of the 15,000 times we've told you this month, "Prison Break" can be seen Monday nights at 9, right here on Fox. Now, let's go to commercial, where I can guarantee you we'll see a promo for "Prison Break."

…..

Buck: While you were watching that ad for the new Fox hit "Bones" Tuesday nights at 8, right here on the Fox network, I'll just let you know the only thing you missed was a Morgan Ensberg home run to make it 1-0 Astros.

McCarver: The Astros are looking for their first World Series victory in their first World Series appearance. They've finally made it to the wedding, after being left at the altar so many times before. It's like Eartha Kitt once sang, "Who´s got the ding dong, who´s got the bell. Somebody know but nobody tell."

Buck: My God, where's Troy Aikman?

McCarver: He's sitting there behind home plate.

Buck: Indeed he is. And you can catch my other booth partner and I every week on Fox NFL Sunday, right after JB, Terry, Howie and Jimmy at noon.

McCarver: You know, Joe, I just wanted to remind people of what a great job Jorge PO-SaDA did running from first to third in Game 4 against the California Angels.

Buck: First of all, for our young viewers out there, Tim means the Los Angeles Angels, and second of all, that was two weeks ago.

McCarver: The point being, Aaron Rowand stopped at second. Bad base running. If that were PO-SaDA, he would have scored twice in all likelihood.

Buck: Right. Let's see what Scooter thinks. Scooter…

Scooter: Buzz off, Buck. You know nobody likes me. Why must you torment me?

Buck: Um, OK. Let's go to Chris Myers then, Chris?

Chris Myers: Joe, in a pathetic attempt to chisel the stone from my face-lifted mug as well as my personality, I called Bill Murray and asked him if he had done anything since Ghostbusters and he hung up on me. Isn't that ingenious? See, I'm as hip as that MTV movie geek Chris Connelly ESPN replaced me with.

Buck: So hip that you apparently missed "Lost in Translation," "Rushmore," "The Life Aquatic," "Royal Tenenbaums," "Kingpin," "Groundhog Day," and "What About Bob," to name a few since Ghostbusters. Thanks though, Chris, for that embarrassingly useless report.

McCarver: Was Murray in "Yankee Doodle Dandy" starring the late James Cagney and Joan Leslie?

Buck: No, Tim, I do not believe so.

McCarver: Ask George Steinbrenner, and he'll tell you it was anything but a Yankee Doodle Dandy this month in the Bronx.

Buck: My God, it's only the third?

McCarver: Bronson Backe warming in the bullpen for the Astros.

Buck: That's Brandon, Tim.

McCarver: Arroyo?

Buck: Forget it. Let's go back to Chris Myers. Chris?

Myers: Joe, do you like the way my hair looks? I killed a four-by-six layer of the ozone by hardening it with four different cans of hair spray.

Buck: That's… Anyway, as the graphic will tell you, RIGHT NOW, there are runners on first and third for the White Sox, with Joe Crede at the plate with two down.

McCarver: The only way Pettitte can get out of this is by getting a strikeout, a fly ball, or a ground ball. If Crede gets a base hit here, Chicago is going to score.

Buck: This booth might be better with Piniella AND the rock.

McCarver: Hey, Joe. Did you notice that's not Craig Biggio at second base right now?

Buck: No, Tim it's Bob Scoggins, the star of the new hit reality series, "The Imposter," in which Bob kidnaps a different person each week and takes on their identity until he gets either arrested, or maimed by someone in anger. "Entertainment Weekly" called it, "Television's first reality series that ensures somebody is getting sued."

Myers: Joe, if I can interrupt for a second, out of the blue I found Michael Rapaport of the new Fox hit comedy "The War at Home" sitting here by the Houston dugout. Now, if you don't mind I'm going to ask him a few inane questions, and make sure you watch me habitually nod and annoyingly smirk at him as he answers.

Buck: Six more days…six more days…six more days….

Fairplay
10-25-2005, 05:35 AM
Go Sox!

Go Sox!!

BigRedChief
10-25-2005, 02:46 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2005/10/24/a_break_from_fox/

A 'Break' from Fox

Miss last night's stunning win by the White Sox? No worries. Today we're providing a transcript of all the action, courtesy of your friends at Fox.

Joe Buck: Good evening everybody and welcome to Game 2 of the 2005 World Series. Tim McCarver in a moment. Lou Piniella opted out of calling these games with us to tend concerns for his Florida home, thanks to Hurricane Wilma. Or that's the story we told you. The honest truth is, we've replaced him with this pet rock whose contract we purchased on eBay. But we expect the same level of analysis as Lou delivered, which admittedly wasn't much. And now, we welcome Tim McCarver.

McCarver: Joe, could you call me "Timmy" like Lou did? It makes me feel special.

Buck: Yeah, sure. But before we get to you, just wanted to point out that the entire wacky cast of "That 70's Show" is sitting directly behind the dugout. Ironically enough we had this promo ready telling you that you can catch the 70's kids Tuesday nights, right here on Fox. Now, Tim what have you got for us?

Buck: Yes you did, Timmy. Before we go to commercial, isn't that Stacey Keach sitting in the Fox private suite along the first base line? In case you hadn't heard one of the 15,000 times we've told you this month, "Prison Break" can be seen Monday nights at 9, right here on Fox. Now, let's go to commercial, where I can guarantee you we'll see a promo for "Prison Break."

…..

Buck: While you were watching that ad for the new Fox hit "Bones" Tuesday nights at 8, right here on the Fox network, I'll just let you know the only thing you missed was a Morgan Ensberg home run to make it 1-0 Astros.

McCarver: The Astros are looking for their first World Series victory in their first World Series appearance. They've finally made it to the wedding, after being left at the altar so many times before. It's like Eartha Kitt once sang, "Who´s got the ding dong, who´s got the bell. Somebody know but nobody tell."

Buck: Indeed he is. And you can catch my other booth partner and I every week on Fox NFL Sunday, right after JB, Terry, Howie and Jimmy at noon.

McCarver: You know, Joe, I just wanted to remind people of what a great job Jorge PO-SaDA did running from first to third in Game 4 against the California Angels.

Buck: First of all, for our young viewers out there, Tim means the Los Angeles Angels, and second of all, that was two weeks ago.

McCarver: The point being, Aaron Rowand stopped at second. Bad base running. If that were PO-SaDA, he would have scored twice in all likelihood.

Chris Myers: Joe, in a pathetic attempt to chisel the stone from my face-lifted mug as well as my personality, I called Bill Murray and asked him if he had done anything since Ghostbusters and he hung up on me. Isn't that ingenious? See, I'm as hip as that MTV movie geek Chris Connelly ESPN replaced me with.

Buck: So hip that you apparently missed "Lost in Translation," "Rushmore," "The Life Aquatic," "Royal Tenenbaums," "Kingpin," "Groundhog Day," and "What About Bob," to name a few since Ghostbusters. Thanks though, Chris, for that embarrassingly useless report.

McCarver: Was Murray in "Yankee Doodle Dandy" starring the late James Cagney and Joan Leslie?

McCarver: Ask George Steinbrenner, and he'll tell you it was anything but a Yankee Doodle Dandy this month in the Bronx.

Myers: Joe, do you like the way my hair looks? I killed a four-by-six layer of the ozone by hardening it with four different cans of hair spray.

Buck: That's… Anyway, as the graphic will tell you, RIGHT NOW, there are runners on first and third for the White Sox, with Joe Crede at the plate with two down.

McCarver: The only way Pettitte can get out of this is by getting a strikeout, a fly ball, or a ground ball. If Crede gets a base hit here, Chicago is going to score.

McCarver: Hey, Joe. Did you notice that's not Craig Biggio at second base right now?

Buck: No, Tim it's Bob Scoggins, the star of the new hit reality series, "The Imposter," in which Bob kidnaps a different person each week and takes on their identity until he gets either arrested, or maimed by someone in anger. "Entertainment Weekly" called it, "Television's first reality series that ensures somebody is getting sued."

Myers: Joe, if I can interrupt for a second, out of the blue I found Michael Rapaport of the new Fox hit comedy "The War at Home" sitting here by the Houston dugout. Now, if you don't mind I'm going to ask him a few inane questions, and make sure you watch me habitually nod and annoyingly smirk at him as he answers.

cont......
McCarver: I have a new dent in my car
Buck: How did you get that?
McCarver: I was in St. Louis and thats where the Pujols home run ball finally came down and my luck right onto my car?

Actuall exchange from some radio hosts here in KC. Names of Buck/McCarver the only thing changed.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Asstros now whining about the roof being open. :deevee:

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Why? Besides, it only takes 30 minutes to close it.

KChiefsQT
10-25-2005, 06:05 PM

It is bullshit... should be up to the team/manager to decide whether its open or not. Look at their record with it closed... its called home field advantage and that place rumbles when they close the roof. BULLSHIT. BULLSHIT. No matter what happens tonight... you cant blame it on the roof. BUT IT IS BULLSHIT.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Why? Besides, it only takes 30 minutes to close it.

MLB has directed them to leave it open - they want it closed (allegedly to generate more noise and increase home field advantage).

I hate dome pussies.

Fairplay
10-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Go Sox!!

Frazod
10-25-2005, 06:11 PM
It is bullshit... should be up to the team/manager to decide whether its open or not. Look at their record with it closed... its called home field advantage and that place rumbles when they close the roof. BULLSHIT. BULLSHIT. No matter what happens tonight... you cant blame it on the roof. BUT IT IS BULLSHIT.

cry me a river :deevee:

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 06:11 PM
MLB has directed them to leave it open - they want it closed (allegedly to generate more noise and increase home field advantage).

I hate dome pussies.
I'm going to have to side with MLB on this one. Domed stadiums are not the loudest anyway. It's all abut the fans and the size of their hearts that determines decibels.

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/9332/loud0db.jpg

:thumb:

Fairplay
10-25-2005, 06:15 PM
cry me a river :deevee:

Fraz...i think she thinks its Bullshit.

Im not sure though.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm going to have to side with MLB on this one. Domed stadiums are not the loudest anyway. It's all abut the fans and the size of their hearts that determines decibels.

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/9332/loud0db.jpg

:thumb:

Exactly. Domes/roofs are useful for baseball games ONLY if the weather would cause the game to be canceled. Tonight's weather in Houston - clear with temperatures in the 60s.

Besides, baseball crowds cheer when things get exciting, regardless of what's going on. It's not like a smart football crowd raising hell on defense and being quiet on offense. I fail to see why it would matter at all.

HolmeZz
10-25-2005, 06:17 PM

A 'Break' from Fox

…..

ROFL Spot on.

chefsos
10-25-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't have a rooting interest either way, but I have to ask- why does MLB want the roof open? Why would they care?

Frazod
10-25-2005, 06:19 PM
ROFL Spot on.

Yes, it is. ROFL

(Quoting you so I don't have to quote that monster again.)

If Steinbrenner ever comes to a sudden stop, McCarver's head will go halfway up his ass.

SoCalBronco
10-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Lets go Sox!

Frazod
10-25-2005, 06:22 PM
I don't have a rooting interest either way, but I have to ask- why does MLB want the roof open? Why would they care?

They claim it looks better on TV for a national audience.

I just think having the roof closed on a perfect night for baseball is gay.

tk13
10-25-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm a bit surprised by that roof order. Could you imagine if the NFL pulled the "don't make too much noise" rule on the Chiefs during a playoff game? This place would melt down, and rightfully so...

Frazod
10-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Well, I'm heading downstairs. Back later. GO SOX!

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 07:45 PM
The game is on and this thread was all the way at the bottom of page 1?

fraz? fraz, where are you? oh fraaaaaaaaaz? :p

Frazod
10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
The game is on and this thread was all the way at the bottom of page 1?

fraz? fraz, where are you? oh fraaaaaaaaaz? :p

I've been downstairs watching the game with the wife. Didn't want anyone to think I was hiding.

The Bad News: Asswalt continues to be a pain. :grr:

The Good News: This is the only game the annoying little bastard will pitch. PBJ

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 07:51 PM
I've been downstairs watching the game with the wife. Didn't want anyone to think I was hiding.

The Bad News: Asswalt continues to be a pain. :grr:

The Good News: This is the only game the annoying little bastard will pitch. PBJ
ROFL

Did your boys forget to bring their boom sticks tonight?

Frazod
10-25-2005, 07:55 PM
ROFL

Did your boys forget to bring their boom sticks tonight?

Apparently. The Sox hitters are making decent contact, but for a change of pace aren't having any luck tonight (including that bullshit non-home run just now, but after all the breaks they've had no one can really complain about it).

Obviously, I'm not surprised the way this one's going. But Asswalt can't pitch every night.

CREDE!!!! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Apparently. The Sox hitters are making decent contact, but for a change of pace aren't having any luck tonight (including that bullshit non-home run just now, but after all the breaks they've had no one can really complain about it).

Obviously, I'm not surprised the way this one's going. But Asswalt can't pitch every night.

CREDE!!!! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
Hey look. The Sox are finally on the board. Bout time. I was beginning to think that having the roof open was good karma or something.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Boom sticks may be waking up a bit, eh?

tk13
10-25-2005, 07:57 PM
That Lane home run call was incorrect. Tough call though with that white on the billboard. Still, yet another huge umpire gaffe, I don't know what's up with that. They need to do something with that yellow line out there, that's a real tough call.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 07:57 PM
AL pitcher trying to hit. Always entertaining. :D

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Boom sticks may be waking up a bit, eh?
Seems that way.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 07:58 PM
That Lane home run call was incorrect. Tough call though with that white on the billboard. Still, yet another huge umpire gaffe, I don't know what's up with that.

With all the breaks the Sox have gotten, seriously, I'm not gonna say another word about it. Shit happens.

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 07:59 PM
That Lane home run call was incorrect. Tough call though with that white on the billboard. Still, yet another huge umpire gaffe, I don't know what's up with that. They need to do something with that yellow line out there, that's a real tough call.
Payback for the ALCS? Karma?

tk13
10-25-2005, 08:01 PM
With all the breaks the Sox have gotten, seriously, I'm not gonna say another word about it. Shit happens.
I don't disagree with that, but it's still a pretty huge mistake.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Asswalt looking suddenly mortal. 4-2 Sox.

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Things are beginning to look grim in mudville.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Things are beginning to look grim in mudville.

Not grim enough! :evil:

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Dye is torturing Oswalt.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:09 PM
One run game. Here comes Konerko.

:fire:

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Crap. No heroics this time around.

HolmeZz
10-25-2005, 08:11 PM
White Sox take the lead. Hahahahahaha.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:12 PM
SOX TAKE THE LEAD! :clap:

tk13
10-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Wow, that ball was clobbered. Pretty amazing comeback....

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Crede could put a hurtin' on Houston.

4th and Long
10-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Not grim enough! :evil:
When, oh when, will you learn to listen to me?

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Crede hit. Bases loaded.

Crede looks PISSED.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Has there ever been a bench-clearing brawl in the World Series?

tk13
10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
He didn't do that on purpose. Sit down Carl Everett.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Shit that was close. :eek:

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Crap. Inning over.

But..... PBJ

Nzoner
10-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Didn't have to be much of a lip reader to understand that.

StcChief
10-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Hitting Oswalt gotta like that.

Let's see somebody on WhiteSox --
'Lite Up' Lidge like Albert in NLCS. way up on the train track. '412' ft (cough) away.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Asswalt gets the hook. No Game 3 win for him. AWWWW......

tk13
10-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Not to be rude, but wouldn't a Rosa Parks moment of silence been more appropriate before the game? I found that odd, at least. And I can't listen to Aaron Neville sing that stuff without thinking of Horatio Sanz imitating him on SNL...

Frazod
10-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Not to be rude, but wouldn't a Rosa Parks moment of silence been more appropriate before the game? I found that odd, at least. And I can't listen to Aaron Neville sing that stuff without thinking of Horatio Sanz imitating him on SNL...

Anybody else wonder why Neville had a "t" tattooed on his cheek? :spock:

Frazod
10-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Top 8th upcoming, Sox nursing a 5-4 lead. Some insurance would be good.

tk13
10-25-2005, 09:32 PM
This should be interesting. Hermanson led the team in saves and is going to be seeing his first postseason action in Game 3 of the World Series. That means he hasn't pitched in darn near a month...

Frazod
10-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Crap. :cuss:

Miles
10-25-2005, 09:50 PM
This should be interesting. Hermanson led the team in saves and is going to be seeing his first postseason action in Game 3 of the World Series. That means he hasn't pitched in darn near a month...

If they can't pull this one off I imagine there will be quite a few fans second guessing that decesion. Wonder if he comes back out in the 10th?

tk13
10-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Well you had to bring him in sometime, I guess. It didn't work there though.

I think Garner has made some interesting moves this inning. Going through 3 pitchers in an inning in a tied game.... better hope this game doesn't get extended for too long. I would've just brought Lidge in from the start and said heck with it, you can't afford to screw up now.

tk13
10-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Well they survived, I guess now they'll be able to extend Lidge through 11. These are two pretty good bullpens... but the Sox have better depth, having a guy like El Duque who can throw until his arm falls off in that bullpen is real nice.

Frazod
10-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Great, but annoying, game. :banghead:

I'm still hoping Lidge will shit himself again. Assuming it gets that far.

Boozer
10-25-2005, 09:59 PM
I just realized I have a crisis of conscience here....I’ve been pulling for the Astros this postseason, and I really don’t want the ChiSox to win (being a fan of both the Royals and both “Major League” movies...there was no third one made). BUT...I really hate Texans. I can’t believe I forgot that. I actually like White Sox fans, compared to their annoying counterparts, Cubs fans. What to do?

VonneMarie
10-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Go 'Stros :)