PDA

View Full Version : Iowa loss is a conspiracy!!

Pitt Gorilla
10-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Listening to a postgame call-in show on my way home today, the Iowa fans put together quite the conspiracy about the loss. Evidently, the officials, along with the Big X, have conspired to make them lose one at home.

Of course, all of this seems odd given that I was told that Iowa would be in the hunt for a national championship this year. What happened?

Skip Towne
10-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Listening to a postgame call-in show on my way home today, the Iowa fans put together quite the conspiracy about the loss. Evidently, the officials, along with the Big X, have conspired to make them lose one at home.

Of course, all of this seems odd given that I was told that Iowa would be in the hunt for a national championship this year. What happened?
It's Iowa. Need I say more?

KcMizzou
10-22-2005, 07:24 PM
What's the over/under on the number of posts before someone mentions Mizzou not playing them?

(someone besides me :D )

CupidStunt
10-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Conspiracy? Doubtful.

That defense just isn't even HALF as good as it's cracked up to be.

Phobia
10-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Iowa should be in the hunt for the championship this year. It's unfortunate that they didn't grease the right palms. Clearly they've had 3 games this year which were predetermined.

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 08:04 AM
Poor ol' Iowa. Everyone's agin' em.

jspchief
10-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Did you watch the game Pitt?

If you did, and don't believe we got jobbed on several calls in the first half, then you must be on the same Michigan payroll the refs were on.

And before you start painting Hawkeyes fans as homers for thinking we had a shot at the title, you might take a look at what people were saying around the country this pre-season. It's not like we were the only ones with high expectations for this team.

Iowa played good against Michigan for 80% of the game, but couldn't get the offensive production when they needed it. Failure to capitalize on Michigan mistakes is why we lost, but the refs certainly didn't help.

chiefqueen
10-23-2005, 08:47 AM
That's what Iowa gets for making the refs dress in the visitor's locker room.

Saulbadguy
10-23-2005, 09:36 AM
cool. jspchief remains a 1/2 game ahead. Although, i'm not even sure my Cats will win another game.

Pitt Gorilla
10-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Did you watch the game Pitt?

If you did, and don't believe we got jobbed on several calls in the first half, then you must be on the same Michigan payroll the refs were on.

And before you start painting Hawkeyes fans as homers for thinking we had a shot at the title, you might take a look at what people were saying around the country this pre-season. It's not like we were the only ones with high expectations for this team.

Iowa played good against Michigan for 80% of the game, but couldn't get the offensive production when they needed it. Failure to capitalize on Michigan mistakes is why we lost, but the refs certainly didn't help.Yup, I had a layover in Chicago and got to see the whole game. I did notice that replay showed the Michigan player clearly did NOT fumble. Other than that, the game seemed to be called pretty evenly. Of course, I'm not biased as I don't really care about Iowa or Michigan. I figured the homers would whine.

jspchief
10-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Yup, I had a layover in Chicago and got to see the whole game. I did notice that replay showed the Michigan player clearly did NOT fumble. Other than that, the game seemed to be called pretty evenly. Of course, I'm not biased as I don't really care about Iowa or Michigan. I figured the homers would whine.Which fumble? On the punt, they may have made the right call.

On the other fumble, it was clearly Iowa ball.

Then there was the pass that we would have intercepted, except the WR tackled the Iowa player. When the flag flew out, the entire stadium knew it would be offensive PI. Nope, Defensive PI. The f*cking Wolverine tackled the DB to keep him from intercepting, but somehow it's on us? Whatever.

If you're calling me a homer, you can go f*ck yourself. Just because you root for a Div 2 team posing as Big 12 bottom dweller, don't take it out on fans of real football teams.

Chief Henry
10-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Which fumble? On the punt, they may have made the right call.

Then there was the pass that we would have intercepted, except the WR tackled the Iowa player. When the flag flew out, the entire stadium knew it would be offensive PI. Nope, Defensive PI. The f*cking Wolverine tackled the DB to keep him from intercepting, but somehow it's on us? Whatever.

If you're calling me a homer, you can go f*ck yourself. Just because you root for a Div 2 team posing as Big 12 bottom dweller, don't take it out on fans of real football teams.

Exactly...

Pitt Gorilla
10-23-2005, 10:38 AM
Which fumble? On the punt, they may have made the right call.

ROFL Ah, the personal attacks. MU isn't very good, but I'm certainly not blaming their lack of success on the refs. That would be silly. I'm honestly not trying to upset you, but I'd venture that most people who saw the game (outside of Iowa fans) think the game was called well, or at least evenly. Mistakes were probably made on both sides, but no one got "jobbed." A lot of teams lost on Saturday; that's the way it goes.

Chief Henry
10-23-2005, 10:42 AM
What's the over/under on the number of posts before someone mentions Mizzou not playing them?

(someone besides me :D )

:lame:

I'm surprised Mizzou fans even want to bring that up !

jspchief
10-23-2005, 10:49 AM
ROFL Ah, the personal attacks. MU isn't very good, but I'm certainly not blaming their lack of success on the refs. That would be silly. I'm honestly not trying to upset you, but I'd venture that most people who saw the game (outside of Iowa fans) think the game was called well, or at least evenly. Mistakes were probably made on both sides, but no one got "jobbed." A lot of teams lost on Saturday; that's the way it goes.You're not trying to upset me, but you're calling me a homer? Sure. Obviously your the thread title isn't trying to stir the pot. Whatever douche bag. Enjoy your win over another sh*tty Big 12 North team. Maybe you can look forward to getting humiliated by whichever team wins the South in the championship game.

Before yesterday, Iowa was the least penalized team in the Big 10

Penalties:
Iowa: 11 for 97 yards
Michigan: 3 for 30 yards

Yeah, called pretty evenly. :rolleyes:

The announcers were even saying a few of those calls were "questionable".

Iowa outperformed Michigan in every category of the game except score. Those bad calls were mainly in the first half, where we came out with a lead anyway. But some of them were big momentum shifts. I'd like to post a screen capture of the guy dragging Miles down by his jersey on that long Breaston TD.

I'm not blaming the loss on the refs. I already said in my first post that the reason we lost was inability to score when the defense gave us the ball with a short field.

Pitt Gorilla
10-23-2005, 10:58 AM
You're not trying to upset me, but you're calling me a homer? Sure. Obviously your the thread title isn't trying to stir the pot. Whatever douche bag. Enjoy your win over another sh*tty Big 12 North team. Maybe you can look forward to getting humiliated by whichever team wins the South in the championship game.

Once again, you're right about the Tigers. I would relish the opportunity to represent the north, but we're still due for a slide against teams like KU and KSU.

Sure, my post stirs the pot, but being a homer shouldn't upset you. You control whether or not you post homer-like crap. You chose to post homer vision, you appear to be a homer. I'm not sure why your actions upset you. Many, many calls have gone against the Tigers this year. I refuse to blame ANY of them on the Tigers' resulting record. Nobody is out to get us and nobody is out to get you.

Cochise
10-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but only one of the two teams in question here has anyone talking about them finishing at or near the top of their conference, and they don't play in Iowa city...

Not too bad for a 'bottom dweller'.

We now return you to orangemane-esque officiating discussion ;)

mlyonsd
10-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Iowa definitely got screwed in the penalty department, there were a couple big calls where it was clear to me at least (and the announcers) they got homered.

That being said they had the ball in scoring position the last series of the game. They have no one to blame for losing but themselves.

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Iowa definitely got screwed in the penalty department, there were a couple big calls where it was clear to me at least (and the announcers) they got homered.

That being said they had the ball in scoring position the last series of the game. They have no one to blame for losing but themselves.
Got homered?

mlyonsd
10-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Got homered?

When I say homered I mean not in a conspiracy kind of way. Just a couple calls the refs missed or weren't consistent at. But that's going to happen to you every once in a while and since Iowa was in a position to win the game at the end of regulation they have nobody but themselves to blame.

CupidStunt
10-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Tissue, JSP?

What are you, 10 years old?

Pitt Gorilla
10-23-2005, 01:18 PM
When I say homered I mean not in a conspiracy kind of way. Just a couple calls the refs missed or weren't consistent at. But that's going to happen to you every once in a while and since Iowa was in a position to win the game at the end of regulation they have nobody but themselves to blame.That's basically how I saw it. Good take.

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 01:20 PM
When I say homered I mean not in a conspiracy kind of way. Just a couple calls the refs missed or weren't consistent at. But that's going to happen to you every once in a while and since Iowa was in a position to win the game at the end of regulation they have nobody but themselves to blame.
The account I read said Iowa kicked a FG as time ran out to tie it.

Cochise
10-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Also, I don't understand how one team having a lot more penalty yardage than the other team means the refs were corrupt or something. It could be possible that this difference was because one side was committing a lot more penalties than the other.

Simplest explaination is usually the best.

mlyonsd
10-23-2005, 02:16 PM
The account I read said Iowa kicked a FG as time ran out to tie it.

Right, but they had time to score the TD but couldn't make it in. They would have won the game if they could have converted for 6. I'm just saying they had their chance to win and the refs had nothing to do with them not getting it into the end zone the last series.

chief husker
10-23-2005, 05:46 PM
I know a guy who knows a guy close to Bill Callahan. The word is Smith is done and Callahan owns a piece of Smith's agent to the tune of 36%. Callahan lets Smith run wild and push his draft staus through the roof. I smell a rat.

We wish we had one more down ----------- Husker's dogs

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 09:01 AM
First of all, who said Iowa was national championship material?

You would do well to listen to me. I said before the season started that this team was an 8-3 team and anybody that thought they would sniff a NC was on crack.

As for Saturday's game, the refs had a horrible first half. But when they called that fumble in the 3rd quarter on Michigan's WR-turned-QB karma was served. It wasn't a fumble, and even after review, Iowa got the ball.

Iowa's offense had plenty of opportunities to win this game on a short field and couldn't get it done. Enough said.

Honestly, Pitt, I thought you were better than this. NOT ONE of the Iowa fans here on this board has been "homerish", over the top, or ever prone to talk trash. Who was this thread directed at, the callers to the post-game show on WHO? Because those idiots don't post here, just like the people that call into Kevin Keitzman don't post here.

Iowanian
10-24-2005, 09:04 AM
I thought Iowa DID get jobbed a couple of times in the first half.

That isn't why they lost.

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Honestly, Pitt, I thought you were better than this. NOT ONE of the Iowa fans here on this board has been "homerish", over the top, or ever prone to talk trash. Who was this thread directed at, the callers to the post-game show on WHO? Because those idiots don't post here, just like the people that call into Kevin Keitzman don't post here.
Good take. Except, I know I'm not better than I am. :) This was "aimed at" the callers I heard on the radio; they were my point of reference. Then, some on here began complaining about the refs as well. I thought that was silly, until I saw the Donks fans doing the same. I think it's just a team-lost fan thing.

Bad officiating happens all the time; good teams overcome it.

(BTW, I thought you might be chastising the name-callers instead of me; I thought you were better than that. j/k ) :)

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Good take. Except, I know I'm not better than I am. :) This was "aimed at" the callers I heard on the radio; they were my point of reference. Then, some on here began complaining about the refs as well. I thought that was silly, until I saw the Donks fans doing the same. I think it's just a team-lost fan thing.

Bad officiating happens all the time; good teams overcome it.

(BTW, I thought you might be chastising the name-callers instead of me; I thought you were better than that. j/k ) :)

I don't listen to the post-game call-in shows, for the same reason I don't listen to Keitzman, 610, or any other sportstalk when it's "open line" time...I'm firmly convinced that the overwhelming majority of sports fans are idiots...

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Christ, with all the referee whining going on this thread I thought I'd been transported to the OMane.

No wonder Iowa fans wear yellow. When they p*ss thenselves nobody will notice.

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Christ, with all the referee whining going on this thread I thought I'd been transported to the OMane.

No wonder Iowa fans wear yellow. When they p*ss thenselves nobody will notice.

Hmmm...I don't see any whining.

Maybe if you had a real football team to root for, you wouldn't have all this free time to bag on Iowa fans for something they're not doing...

shaneo69
10-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Speaking of bad officiating....

Nebraska got screwed big time on Saturday. They would've easily won had it not been for the refs.

:)

jspchief
10-24-2005, 10:21 AM

No wonder Iowa fans wear yellow. When they p*ss thenselves nobody will notice.Not everyone can be lucky enough to root for a sh*tty Big 12 south team.

How much did you guys win by this weekend? Was the game even on TV?

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Hmmm...I don't see any whining.

Maybe if you had a real football team to root for, you wouldn't have all this free time to bag on Iowa fans for something they're not doing...

ooooh. A real football team?

Oh I've got a real football team to root for. When they lose, they lose. I say as much. Unlike the bellyaching b*tches in this thread.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Not everyone can be lucky enough to root for a sh*tty Big 12 south team.

How much did you guys win by this weekend? Was the game even on TV?

Cool. You got on TV by hanging on Michigan's coattails.

That's Iowa football.

jspchief
10-24-2005, 10:29 AM

That's Iowa football.That's okay. The entire Big 12 north gets on TV by hanging on the coattails of Texas and Oklahoma.

Seriously though, how can KSU fans talk smack to anyone? I'll enjoy watching the Wildcats lose out.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Yeah, because Iowa is so dominant. :rolleyes:

They have fattened up quite nicely on the bottom feeders of the Big Televen. Congrats.

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 10:33 AM
ooooh. A real football team?

Oh I've got a real football team to root for. When they lose, they lose. I say as much. Unlike the bellyaching b*tches in this thread.

Anybody that roots for team that loses more than it wins gets like that. It's OK.

Bearcat
10-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Once again, you're right about the Tigers. I would relish the opportunity to represent the north, but we're still due for a slide against teams like KU and KSU.

KU scored a touchdown last week.... watch out! ROFL

jspchief
10-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah, because Iowa is so dominant. :rolleyes:

They have fattened up quite nicely on the bottom feeders of the Big Televen. Congrats.Yea, because losing to the bottom feeders is so much better?

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 10:35 AM

That's Iowa football.

Iowa's on TV every week, sorry.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Yea, because losing to the bottom feeders is so much better?
We haven't played the bottom feeders of the Big XII yet (sans KU). We still have Iowa State (bottom feeder who OWNED you), and Missouri.

Cochise
10-24-2005, 10:37 AM
KU scored a touchdown last week.... watch out! ROFL

They get one what, every 10 quarters or so? ROFL

Hey Saul they were talking about you on 810 this morning. Someone said "Ku and KState fans" and Frank Boal said something like "are there any of both?" and the other guy on the show said something to the effect of 'no serious sports fans' ROFL ROFL

jspchief
10-24-2005, 10:39 AM
We haven't played the bottom feeders of the Big XII yet (sans KU). We still have Iowa State (bottom feeder who OWNED you), and Missouri.Oops, that's right. You're one of the bottom feeders. One of the teams that other teams fatten up on. How noble.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Iowa's on TV every week, sorry.

KSU has been availalable on free tv or PPV all but 2 weeks.

Could watch the stream of all games live on Powercat Passport.

Sorry.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Oops, that's right. You're one of the bottom feeders. One of the teams that other teams fatten up on. How noble.

Yea well we can't Iowa on the schedule every year... trade ya KU?

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 10:41 AM
KSU has been availalable on free tv or PPV all but 2 weeks.

Could watch the stream of all games live on Powercat Passport.

Sorry.

And your point is? I'm not the one who suggested that Iowa only gets on TV when they play Michigan.

WilliamTheIrish
10-24-2005, 10:43 AM
And your point is? I'm not the one who suggested that Iowa only gets on TV when they play Michigan.

Ya got me there.

Bearcat
10-24-2005, 10:47 AM
They get one what, every 10 quarters or so? ROFL

One in every 5 in Big 12 play, thankyouverymuch :harumph:

Cochise
10-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Oops, that's right. You're one of the bottom feeders. One of the teams that other teams fatten up on. How noble.

Come on now. I got nothing for or against, Iowa but they have lost to all three of the decent teams they have played.

Now two ranked opponents in a row are coming, plus Minnesota who isn't bad. They could lose out and end up 5-6. That's hardly a team that can run "bottom-feeder" smack.

Saulbadguy
10-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Northwestern is ranked. Thats madness!

jspchief
10-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Come on now. I got nothing for or against, Iowa but they have lost to all three of the decent teams they have played.

Now two ranked opponents in a row are coming, plus Minnesota who isn't bad. They could lose out and end up 5-6. That's hardly a team that can run "bottom-feeder" smack.If you ignorethe context of the posts I was responding to, I might agree.

But considering it was "quality of the opponents your wins come against" smack, from a freaking KSU fan, I'd say I have plenty of room to talk.

Who did K state's 4 wins come against again?

Saulbadguy
10-24-2005, 11:02 AM
If you ignorethe context of the posts I was responding to, I might agree.

But considering it was "quality of the opponents your wins come against" smack, from a freaking KSU fan, I'd say I have plenty of room to talk.

I'd just say we are in the same boat. All our wins came from shitty opponents.

Cochise
10-24-2005, 11:13 AM
If you ignorethe context of the posts I was responding to, I might agree.

I don't know. I don't give a rip about K-State. They would be winless in the conference if Kansas didn't have the worst offense in the history of football. I was just saying that to run bottom feeder smack while being for a middle of the road team is off a little bit.

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 11:31 AM
I don't know. I don't give a rip about K-State. They would be winless in the conference if Kansas didn't have the worst offense in the history of football. I was just saying that to run bottom feeder smack while being for a middle of the road team is off a little bit.

Last time I checked, Iowa Fan didn't start this discussion...